5/23/11 DLC Discussion Thread - Lady Gaga, Foreigner & 2 legacy Pro Guitar upgrades

MagnetMagnet Moderator
edited May 2011 in Rock Band
hmxhenry;4396865 said:
Available on Xbox 360, Wii and PlayStation®3 system (May 23):

• Lady Gaga – “Born This Way”
• Lady Gaga – “LoveGame”
• Lady Gaga – “Paparazzi”
• Foreigner – “Hot Blooded” X
• Foreigner – “Urgent” X

Pro Guitar Additions for Legacy Songs:

• Alice in Chains – “Rooster”
• The White Stripes – “Dead Leaves and the Dirty Ground”

(These tracks will be available in Europe on PlayStation®3 system May 25th)

These tracks will be available for purchase as “Lady Gaga Pack 02” and as individual tracks on Xbox 360, PlayStation®3 system and Wii. Tracks marked with “X” will include Pro Guitar and Pro Bass expansions for $0.99 per song.

Price:

$1.99 USD, £.99 UK, €1.49 EU (160 Microsoft Points) per song
$2.00 USD (200 Wii Points™) per song
$0.99 USD (100 Wii Points/80 Microsoft Points), £0.59 UK, €0.79 EU per song for eligible Pro Guitar/Pro Bass upgrade
$5.49, £2.49 UK, €3.99 EU (440 Microsoft Points, 550 Wii Points) for Lady Gaga Pack 02

** Dates for Rock Band game tracks are tentative and subject to change. **

URGENT: Lady Gaga and Foreigner return to Rock Band this week with more songs!

Or if you prefer life on the farm, you can sit on some dead leaves, break out your guitar, and dedicate this week to all the roosters out there.

Comments

• SeymourDuncan17SeymourDuncan17 Road Warrior
    edited May 2011
    Windblow;4399082 said:
    What?! No "Speechless"?!?! HARMONIX Y U TORTURE ME *cry*

Obviously they wanna cater to the casual Gaga fans because they like the money she rolls in.

Sucks too, she has WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY better songs than Lovegame. They could've done a much better job with the pack.
  • JohnnyRhythmJohnnyRhythm Opening Act
    edited May 2011
    YEAH! Getting the Foreigner for sure! I LOVE YOU HARMONIX
  • diieeegodiieeego Opening Act
    edited May 2011
    yeah, pretty underwhelming Lady Gaga pack. not what I expected, meh. Lame that it didn't include Speechless (or Alejandro, or Telephone, or any non-semi boring song). Meh at Paparazzi and Lovegame.
  • TheDescentTheDescent Road Warrior
    edited May 2011
    Ok, so:

about GaGa: not really a fan there, but a 3 song pack is much more appetible than a 4 or 5 songs one, Paparazzi and Born This Way are good party songs, and I don't know Lovegame (yes, I'm a little bit ignorant about pop releases);

about Foreigner: this is a great, unexpected addition. Hot blooded is a rock classic, one of their most famous songs. Urgent... well... cool song, but I already have over 20+ songs to buy between regular DLC and RBN stuff when the PSN store will be back up, so I'll just pass it for now.

Great week, and good upgrades for those who play pro g/b.
  • JBurtonJBurton Opening Act
    edited May 2011
    No Speechless. Was hoping for Beautful, Dirty, Rich too... Like many say something is better than nothing. Foreigner is a nice surprise.
  • HaibaneHaibane Opening Act
    edited May 2011
    Bleh - pure pop and old rock. Guess my taste in music falls somewhere between these two - nothing for me again >__>
  • SpidermaniacSpidermaniac Opening Act
    edited May 2011
    Going to get the two Foreigner songs (w/ PRO Upgrades) as well as the White Stripes and Alice in Chains PRO upgrades.

Oddly enough, a guy at work has been pushing me to learn "Dead Leaves" via tab, so that was mighty convenient. :)
  • peterock2007peterock2007 Road Warrior
    edited May 2011
    I'm suprised. I was waiting to hate this week, but 4 pro upgrades outweighs the artist I hate.

And this pack should prove beyond a doubt, there is no such thing as rb3 versions, for those who for some reason continue to predict more are coming.
  • SayburrSayburr The Always Informative Rock Band Forum Guru
    edited May 2011
    YES! More Foreigner and two songs I really enjoyed "way back when". I can remember singing both songs while driving my '69 Duster down the road. Yep, I will be getting them. Nice surprise HMX!

Not sure about the Gaga songs. If people will play the songs I already own, I will purchase them when/if needed.
  • Lord_MhoramLord_Mhoram Road Warrior
    edited May 2011
    Getting the Foreigner, and Born This Way (Weird Al is parodying this on his new album, and I have every songs Al has parodied that has been released in RB). Maybe Paparazzi.

Nothing I hate, but nothing I am really super enthusiastic about this week.
  • dikettedikette Opening Act
    edited May 2011
    Just both Foreigner songs later on for me. I like the songs but i still have tons of stuff to buy before those. :)
    i love those mix of styles that HMX does each week. Makes more people happy.
  • David2380David2380 Road Warrior
    edited May 2011
    think I've found the pro-guitar song to get my 100% and gold star on. Dead leaves should be fairly simple....
  • diieeegodiieeego Opening Act
    edited May 2011
    Lord_Mhoram;4399097 said:

Nothing I hate, but nothing I am really super enthusiastic about this week.

yeah, it's not a bad week but it's definetely below average.
  • SayburrSayburr The Always Informative Rock Band Forum Guru
    edited May 2011
    peterock2007;4399093 said:
    And this pack should prove beyond a doubt, there is no such thing as rb3 versions, for those who for some reason continue to predict more are coming.
    There are some songs which could use a "(RB3 Version)" to add harmonies and/or Keys. I would pay for the re-release of the Simon and Garfunkle songs to add harmonies to them. I would love for the Boston songs to be re-released with keys. Since HMX has done this for Bon Jovi and Queen, I would not rule out that it is possible to get more in the future.

But, for the most part, yeah, it looks like HMX can release Pro guitar/bass upgrades to legacy songs, which is great!
  • David2380David2380 Road Warrior
    edited May 2011
    Sayburr;4399095 said:
    YES! More Foreigner and two songs I really enjoyed "way back when". I can remember singing both songs while driving my '69 Duster down the road. Yep, I will be getting them. Nice surprise HMX!

Not sure about the Gaga songs. If people will play the songs I already own, I will purchase them when/if needed.

wow say burr...you are really showing your age. Not by your musical tastes but by our automobiles...'69 duster? wow...I thought I was bad with a '76 Lemans as my first car...
  • CHampDudeCHampDude Opening Act
    edited May 2011
    Definitely getting Born This Way (sure to be a party favourite) and Hot Blooded (same reasoning)
  • JohnnyRhythmJohnnyRhythm Opening Act
    edited May 2011
    Wow, the lack of Foreigner love is shocking
  • FujiSkunkFujiSkunk Headliner
    edited May 2011
    YES! YES! IT'S MY BIRTHDAY! FOREIGNER FOR THE WIN!

"Urgent" is going to demolish my speakers and completely destroy my voice, and I'm going to love every minute of it!

Now can we please, please have an unedited, RB3 version of "Feels like the First Time"?
  • azzaman333azzaman333 Road Warrior
    edited May 2011
    Might get some Gaga eventually, definitely never getting any Foreigner.
  • zombi3clownzombi3clown Unsigned
    edited May 2011
    Lord_Mhoram;4399097 said:
    Getting the Foreigner, and Born This Way (Weird Al is parodying this on his new album, and I have every songs Al has parodied that has been released in RB).
    I'm a Weird Al fan too, and do the same thing :)
  • Daniel_devonnDaniel_devonn Unsigned
    edited May 2011
    first i saw Gaga .... meh then i saw Foreigner HELL YES getting both tracks :D
  • SmashManSmashMan Rising Star
    edited May 2011
    Hopefully the amount of people both hoping for "Speechless" in the GI article thread and predicting it in the prediction thread catch HMX' eyes if they ever try to get more Lady Gaga. I'll be getting this pack, but disappointed overall in the song choices (moreso that it's three instead of five or six)

Foreigner is a nice surprise. Definitely getting both whenever they're released on PS3. Would've liked a non-cover Jukebox Hero, but I suppose that'll be for another day.
  • ReluctantAdeptReluctantAdept Opening Act
    edited May 2011
    I had hoped for more tracks from Lady Gaga but I'll certainly snap up what's offered. I'll have to give the Foreigner tracks a listen again before deciding - I don't know them well enough to predict whether I'd enjoy playing them. An okay week for me but ultimately a little disappointing since it's the only week this month I was looking forward to.
  • Zion's DrifterZion's Drifter Unsigned
    edited May 2011
    Sweet I've been waiting for more Foreigner. I might get Gaga for my wife and for me to do the Weird Al version.
  • BravoGangUSBravoGangUS Unsigned
    edited May 2011
    Was hoping for the Lady Gaga Pack to be a 6-Pack :( But I guess a 3-pack is fine. They are some great songs :D
  • MPPMikeMPPMike Rising Star
    edited May 2011
    Very excited about the Foreigner songs and the upgrades! I didn't hate the last Gaga set as much as expected and a friend loves them, so I'm likely to get roped into buying those too.
  • Razor_SharkRazor_Shark Opening Act
    edited May 2011
    Ok, the Gaga songs don't sound very fun to play, but only a select few of hers do, so party songs those are. Foreigner is a must buy. Both pro guitar upgrades for me, even if both of them are kind of meh, good songs, but not worth the pro guitar when both bands have better songs for pro guitar.

In other words, I'm buying it all.
  • Han DaimondHan Daimond Letdown
    edited May 2011
    Ugh, Lady Gaga?

Anyway, Foreigner is good, I guess.
  • bjyaritzbjyaritz Road Warrior
    edited May 2011
    Really love that Foreigner is getting more tracks! This week I will be getting everything.
  • redneck punkredneck punk Unsigned
    edited May 2011
    Lady gaga? I thought the name of this game was rockband! lady gaga sucks!! Foreigner is ok. Waiting on the Ozzy.