Rock Blog Friday 07/27/07

edited July 2007 in Announcements
Whirlwind. First week in the new place. Full days of meetings and brainstorms and ramp ups on awesomosity. Tonight myself, Helen, Tracy, and Matt have our first practice for our newly formed persistent band "LoveBucket." It is flying by. I realized at some point today that I had gone several hours without once looking out the window and that I found myself jogging instead of walking when I need to get around the office. I am looking forward to kicking back this evening, watching a movie or something, and prepping myself Why? Because Sunday night the Police are playing Fenway Park (probably my favorite place on Earth) and I'll be there in the the grandstands with Maria and Matt. I am trying to see if I could be more stoked but I don't think it is terribly possible. Has anyone seen any of their shows on the tour yet?

Blogs. We have two today, one of them is actually from last night but who's counting. First we have QA who put together an awesome photo set of our new space that is really incredible. Truth be told I hope we get a chance to frame it as it very nicely tells the whole story of moving over here. Lastly we have DanT who has a Dr. House solution for his lack of whiteboard and a kitchen sink wrap-up of what his team is working on.

QA's amazing Big Move photoset.

DanT doesn't walk with a limp...yet.

Enjoy your weekends!

Comments

• Eman311Eman311 Road Warrior
    edited July 2007
    Damn I am jealous.......Fenway would be an awesome place to see a show.

How much did that set you back? Tickets were pretty expensive.
  • IbanezBassist_v2IbanezBassist_v2 Road Warrior
    edited July 2007
    Sweet. Love the news!
  • TheTogfatherTheTogfather Rising Star
    edited July 2007
    They came through St. Louis (or are still coming, not sure) but sadly I didn't go (or won't be going, whichever). I heard though that a lot of die-hard fans are mad because, being the music perfectionists they are, they keep tinkering with their songs, songs that have been staples for many, many years...some don't like that...dunno...

Sound cool though...
  • ThePaskaThePaska Road Warrior
    edited July 2007
    Rock Band t-shirt sighting again! Nice blogs, I'm getting used to looking forward to these everyday :D

When are we going to see some Rock Band merchandise go up for sale on Rockband.com? Because I'll be one of the first ones to buy a Rock Band T-shirt!

You get to go see the police? Thats awesome, you're lucky, I wish I could go see them!
  • edited July 2007
    A friend of mine caught them when they were out west....he's a HUGE fan, that goes without saying. He called me and I asked about the show and his answer was "meh". I had expected as much, seeing as it's really Sting who is unfortunately guiding the ship. He said there was way too much "free form jamming" as we put it and they were kinda sloppy. I hope they've gotten it together and the show you're going to up at Fenway is much better than the first ones they did!

Where's the new digs? Are you still on Mass Ave?
  • Eman311Eman311 Road Warrior
    edited July 2007
    deathstick;24954 said:
    A friend of mine caught them when they were out west....he's a HUGE fan, that goes without saying. He called me and I asked about the show and his answer was "meh". I had expected as much, seeing as it's really Sting who is unfortunately guiding the ship. He said there was way too much "free form jamming" as we put it and they were kinda sloppy. I hope they've gotten it together and the show you're going to up at Fenway is much better than the first ones they did!

Where's the new digs? Are you still on Mass Ave?
    They were originally on mass ave?
  • masterx1918masterx1918 Rising Star
    edited July 2007
    cool the Police. I was supposed to go that concert actually (I pretty much had tickets) but plans fell through. Shame. Should be kick ass though.
  • AkaymayAkaymay Rising Star
    edited July 2007
    Dayum, every day I want to work for Harmonix more and more! But I'm stuck in a Biochemistry repair lab all day...BO-RING! Definatly not suiting my rocker necessities.
  • StungunJonesStungunJones Unsigned
    edited July 2007
    One of my friends went to the Police in Edmonton. He said it was "Crazy Awesome." IM JEALOUS!