What about Spoon?

Pootytang907Pootytang907 Unsigned
edited August 2010 in Your Ultimate Setlist
I'm just wondering how many other people would like to see Spoon on Rock Band. I could definitely go for playing "The Way We Get By" on RB.

Comments

• dtclemonsdtclemons Unsigned
    edited January 2008
    one of the best bands around today, awesomely good ****
  • AllIWantIsU2AllIWantIsU2 Opening Act
    edited January 2008
    Pootytang907;248317 said:
    I'm just wondering how many other people would like to see Spoon on Rock Band. I could definitely go for playing "The Way We Get By" on RB.
    Spoon is my second request for Rock Band behind only U2. I'd love to have some Spoon.

However, "The Way We Get By" is waaayyy too keyboard-centric for this game in my opinion. Better choices would be Jonathan Fisk, Sister Jack, Don't Make Me A Target, I Summon You, The Fitted Shirt, I Could See the Dude, Utilitarian, and a lot of their older stuff from Telephono and A Series of Sneaks when they were more guitar-centric. Don't get me wrong, I love new Spoon, but keyboards are used heavily in many of their more recent songs.
  • Pootytang907Pootytang907 Unsigned
    edited January 2008
    I see you know your Spoon. I do agree that some of their newer stuff has a lot of keyboard but look at Who's "Won't Get Fooled Again". That one keyboard part is pretty ridiculous but I still love it just because the songs some damn good. Either way... Spoon, please.
  • StewieStewie Stewie Star
    edited January 2008
    The Underdog would be a blast
  • AllIWantIsU2AllIWantIsU2 Opening Act
    edited January 2008
    Pootytang907;280678 said:
    I see you know your Spoon. I do agree that some of their newer stuff has a lot of keyboard but look at Who's "Won't Get Fooled Again". That one keyboard part is pretty ridiculous but I still love it just because the songs some damn good. Either way... Spoon, please.
    I didn't know them until I saw "Stranger Than Fiction". Loved the music from the movie so I bought the soundtrack, and then quickly bought all of their albums. Great stuff! I played Ga Ga Ga Ga Ga all summer, and I've seen them live 3 times.

Still not convinced about The Way We Get By, but I won't fight you on it - let's just get some Spoon in Rock Band!
  • DoughoefDoughoef Road Warrior
    edited May 2008
    AllIWantIsU2;280957 said:
    let's just get some Spoon in Rock Band!
    Agree 100%. This is fun new stuff!!!
  • kanreikanrei Road Warrior
    edited May 2008
    Neo said there is no spoon.
    edited May 2008
    kanrei;660243 said:
    Neo said there is no spoon.
    Not sure what was meant by that or why you took the time to type it. :confused:
  • Tenacious_BTenacious_B Opening Act
    edited May 2008
    Who is Spoon? What about Sir Spork and the Pork-n-Beans?
  • kanreikanrei Road Warrior
    edited May 2008
    Doughoef;660581 said:
    The question is "What about Spoon" so I answered with the famous Matrix quote of "there is no spoon". Explains itself.
  • TC81190TC81190 Unsigned
    edited July 2008
    One of my favorite bands. So many good songs they could put in. The Underdog, Don't You Evah, You Got Yr Cherry Bomb..stuff like I Turn My Camera On or I Summon You from Gimme Fiction, too. Stay Don't Go would be hilarious for singers.
  • defenestraterdefenestrater Road Warrior
    edited July 2008
    I'd love some Spoon, any Spoon. Well, that's not true, I'd prefer newer Spoon to old, but still, they'd be fun to play either way.
  • RamirezrockzRamirezrockz Unsigned
    edited July 2008
    "Don't Make Me a Target"

Anyone?
  • OppoKazeOppoKaze Opening Act
    edited July 2008
    Don't Make Me A Target
    Sister Jack
    You Got Yr. Cherry Bomb
    Jonathon Fisk
    I Turn My Camera On
  • baio2kbaio2k Unsigned
    edited October 2008
    Yes please, Spoon is tops!

Don't Buy the Realistic
    Nefarious
    The Two Sides of Monsieur Valentine
    You Got Yr. Cherry Bomb
    Don't Make Me a Target
    My Little Japanese Cigarette Case

They have a lot of songs I'm not sure would work well in RB: like Turn My Camera On, which is an awesome song, but would probably be boring to play.
  • designsodadesignsoda Unsigned
    edited December 2008
    The Fitted Shirt would be amazing. That backwards beat drum part would be awesome to play.
  • Followell4Followell4 Rising Star
    edited December 2008
    I'm all for Spoon in RB
  • bgajusbgajus Unsigned
    edited December 2008
    Would love to see Spoon added to Rock Band. I'd end up buying and downloading every album if they'd make them available. :)
  • PantheonPantheon Opening Act
    edited January 2009
    These guys are great. I'd love to see them in Rockband.
  • Electric_ZenElectric_Zen Road Warrior
    edited March 2009
    Yes, we need Spoon.
    edited March 2009
    Have I said yes before in this thread? I don't care, I'll say it again, YES!!!
  • Wilkins IIIWilkins III Opening Act
    edited April 2009
    I guarantee that I will buy any Spoon song they release as DLC. One of my favourite bands.
    Doughoef;660581 said:
    He made a reference to the film 'The Matrix'.
  • neckermanncjneckermanncj Washed Up
    edited April 2009
    RB needs some Spoon!
  • CramesCrames Unsigned
    edited April 2009
    Spoon! Yes, please!
  • vcalzonevcalzone Rising Star
    edited July 2009
    I definitely want Spoon. I would love My Mathematical Mind, but I think I mostly just really really want the guitar part from that song.

I mean, for the love of God, click over to about four minutes in and really hear it.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIu-9PbmRao
  • kitsunegameskitsunegames Unsigned
    edited August 2009
    I would like to play almost any Spoon song, but will add this list of which I'd especially like to play:

Change My Life
    I Didn't Come Here To Die
    Everything Hits At Once
    Small Stakes
    Jonathan Fisk
    I Turn My Camera On
    I Summon You
    They Never Got You
    Don't You Evah
    The Underdog
  • FangSingFangSing Opening Act
    edited October 2009
    HELL YAHHH!

Spoon is a must.
  • FangSingFangSing Opening Act
    edited December 2009
    And, GH is going to get Sister Jack.

Sad day.
    edited February 2010
    GH5 getting a song means Spoon is open to being in music games and the new album is great. A 3 pack along the lines of I Saw the Light, Written in Reverse and Don't Make Me a Target would be much appreciated.
  • DrHandsomeDrHandsome Unsigned
    edited May 2010
    Their latest album Transference gets better and better each time I listen to it! Put me in for one big yes!