x2 bass....rbn 2.0

henrybullowickhenrybullowick Unsigned
edited May 2011 in The Rock Band Network
i know psn is down right now...im not shure if rbn was updated to 2.0 before the attack or not? and is there double bass for ps3 users? and is double bass only through rbn 2.0? thanks guys :)

Comments

• OscarvariumOscarvarium Rising Star
    edited May 2011
    The PS3 has still been getting 5-10 songs a week ported, they just haven't been able to actually release them while PSN has been down. Once it's all sorted out the PS3 RB3 store should get a boatload of new tracks (possibly 30-40 or so, maybe even more). None of the tracks ported so far have been RBN2.0 songs though, it seems that they will continue to bring RBN1.0 songs until the RBN2.0 library is large enough to support regular releases, at which point they will switch over and start porting RBN2.0 tracks.

And yes, 2x Bass Pedal versions are only coming through RBN for the foreseeable future, not official DLC.
  • henrybullowickhenrybullowick Unsigned
    edited May 2011
    ok that makes sense but is 2x bass only in rbn2.0? or is it supported in rbn1.0 also? and i assume ps3 will get x2 bass!
  • Coach ZCoach Z Opening Act
    edited May 2011
    henrybullowick;4402931 said:
    ok that makes sense but is 2x bass only in rbn2.0? or is it supported in rbn1.0 also? and i assume ps3 will get x2 bass!

Looks like there were 27 2x bass songs before the switch over to RBN2.0.

I wouldn't put money on the PS3 ever getting a 2x bass song - as long as the 5 a week limit persists, it'd probably make more sense to put in a regular song, rather than dedicate a slot for a smaller market.

At rockbandscores.net, it looks like 2x bass versions average around 1/3 of the regular version count.
  • OscarvariumOscarvarium Rising Star
    edited May 2011
    henrybullowick;4402931 said:
    2x Bass Pedal versions are unrelated to RBN1.0 or 2.0, they're simply another song, identical in every way to the regular version except on Expert drums, where all the bass pedal notes are charted. There have been 2x Bass Pedal versions released both for both 1.0 and 2.0, but as Coach Z says, it's unlikely that the PS3 will get any of them with the limitations Sony are imposing on porting songs to PS3.