Update on last 3 Third Eye Blind songs?

seven11seven11 Opening Act
edited June 2011 in The Rock Band Network
I was just wondering what happened to em. We were supposed to get six, got three, then nothing. Also as a side note, I thought fog and strobe weren't allowed on RBN songs? I was playing Semi-Charmed Life the other day and it started fogging through the song. Is this something new...or did I misread something about that?

Comments

• GNFfhqwhgadsGNFfhqwhgads 99% Washed Up
    edited May 2011

The preview title of this thread from the forum jump doesn't show the ****ING QUESTION MARK.
  • seven11seven11 Opening Act
    edited May 2011
    hahaha I just realized that sorry XD
  • DragoonXDDragoonXD Road Warrior
    edited May 2011
    "Graduate" was supposed to go into testing a long time ago (an author mentioned it in a playtest trade thread), but it never showed up. I have no idea why or if it and the others ever will.
  • SirDavidTLynchSirDavidTLynch Headliner
    edited May 2011
    GNFfhqwhgads;4406881 said:

The preview title of this thread from the forum jump doesn't show the ****ING QUESTION MARK.
    This is why English should have those upside-down question marks.
    edited May 2011
    ^ ha yea I was just thinking that. ?or was I?

Anyway, is there a way that I can like get these three songs rolling? Who can I talk to about it?
  • DackAttacDackAttac Road Warrior
    edited May 2011
    SirDavidTLynch;4406886 said:
    This is why English should have those upside-down question marks.

¿Why don't we just start doing it anyway?
  • TubaDude49TubaDude49 Road Warrior
    edited May 2011
    seven11;4406889 said:
    Anyway, is there a way that I can like get these three songs rolling? Who can I talk to about it?

You could talk to 3EB. I'd imagine most anyone would mix it better than WaveGroup did
  • PankrazzoPankrazzo Road Warrior
    edited May 2011
    TubaDude49;4407001 said:
    I'd imagine most anyone would mix it better than WaveGroup did

You just seriously said that? From all the RBN authors, YOU? For real??? :P
  • TubaDude49TubaDude49 Road Warrior
    edited May 2011
    Pankrazzo;4407047 said:

Okay, I screwed up once, sorry. That's what I get for mixing too early. And, I said pretty much anyone, I didn't say me. Even if the consensous did say it was better than WaveGroup. Then again, I was never able to assess how badly it turned out because I haven't had acess to an XBox lately and nobody ever recorded a video of the finished product.
  • NoThru22NoThru22 Road Warrior
    edited May 2011
    Pankrazzo;4407047 said:
    Hey, I'd allow ANYONE to bash Wavegroup, especially this guy who has promised to learn from his mistakes instead of completely ignoring them.

I'd also like to point out to the OP that the other Third Eye Blind were never announced or promised by anyone.
  • AskariNariAskariNari Rising Star
    edited May 2011
    I don't think the mixing on (pin)Ballz was really that bad, or the chart, for that matter. I really hope Graduate gets released, although it looks like it won't, the horrible GH chart is mocking me =(
  • PankrazzoPankrazzo Road Warrior
    edited May 2011
    AskariNari;4407390 said:
    I don't think the mixing on (pin)Ballz was really that bad
    Buy a decent hifi sound system & test it again.
    edited May 2011
    NoThru22;4407182 said:
    Hey, I'd allow ANYONE to bash Wavegroup, especially this guy who has promised to learn from his mistakes instead of completely ignoring them.

I'd also like to point out to the OP that the other Third Eye Blind were never announced or promised by anyone.

True, but they did rerecord them just for Rock Band. So they should have came out. It was obviously planned that they would. I want to know how I can get an authoring group to finish them. Should I contact Wavegroup? Or another one? I don't even know who was supposed to be in charge of those last three. I've been waiting for a while hoping they would come out eventually, but I need to talk to someone I guess if I have any chance of getting them.
  • BachiGBachiG Inconceivable...
    edited May 2011
    I'd back you up on this (in that I'd definitely purchase whatever else was supposed to come out by 3EB if it makes it to PS3).
    edited June 2011
    seven11;4408064 said:
    True, but they did rerecord them just for Rock Band. So they should have came out. It was obviously planned that they would. I want to know how I can get an authoring group to finish them. Should I contact Wavegroup? Or another one? I don't even know who was supposed to be in charge of those last three. I've been waiting for a while hoping they would come out eventually, but I need to talk to someone I guess if I have any chance of getting them.

It depends on who they signed a deal with. If TEB was wise they would have only signed a contract that has a clause that protects them from the authoring group just deciding "This isn't really worth the work, so I'm just gonna not finish the RBN process." You could try contacting the band and go from there.

I don't know a lot about the legalities, but I think another authoring group could be able to buy the contract from the inactive group and then release the song, but don't quote me on that.

Speaking on announced songs that never got released, Gemini by Brian Kahanek was announced a long time ago.
    edited June 2011
    AskariNari;4408448 said:

Speaking on announced songs that never got released, Gemini by Brian Kahanek was announced a long time ago.
    That authoring group has been inactive for a long time now. Only song they released was "NDE" by Blow Up Hollywood. Was so looking forward to more from that band.
    edited June 2011
    DragoonXD;4408456 said:
    That authoring group has been inactive for a long time now. Only song they released was "NDE" by Blow Up Hollywood. Was so looking forward to more from that band.

I found their website, http://www.electricflannel.com/ it has an email on it, so I guess someone could try to see about getting the three Brian Kahanek songs from them.
  • PowerGamer990PowerGamer990 Opening Act
    edited June 2011
    AskariNari;4408680 said:
    I found their website, http://www.electricflannel.com/ it has an email on it, so I guess someone could try to see about getting the three Brian Kahanek songs from them.

And while they're at it, they can try to get the Drist songs from them. I really want to play "Arterial Black" in Rock Band.
  • GNFfhqwhgadsGNFfhqwhgads 99% Washed Up
    edited June 2011
    seven11;4408064 said:
    True, but they did rerecord them just for Rock Band. So they should have came out.
    Why can't Harmonix have scooped up the other 3 for a pack, and they've been dumped later in the schedule?
    edited June 2011
    GNFfhqwhgads;4408871 said:
    Why can't Harmonix have scooped up the other 3 for a pack, and they've been dumped later in the schedule?
    As we've seen with "Writing on the Walls" by Underoath, this is definitely a possibility.

The authoring group who said they were putting "Graduate" in playtest was Offbeat Entertainment. They've been bringing back a lot of songs that had appeared in testing and vanished (Circa Survive, Closure in Moscow, Soilwork) recently.
    edited June 2011
    DragoonXD;4409195 said:
    As we've seen with "Writing on the Walls" by Underoath, this is definitely a possibility.

The authoring group who said they were putting "Graduate" in playtest was Offbeat Entertainment. They've been bringing back a lot of songs that had appeared in testing and vanished (Circa Survive, Closure in Moscow, Soilwork) recently.

Is it possible to contact Offbeat Entertainment and ask about the 3eb songs? They would know then most likely, what happened with them, and what the plan is for them.

EDIT: this is the website I assume. I'll send an email inquiring about the songs.
    http://offbeat-entertainment.com/RequestQuote.aspx I think you have to call for questions. The email is just for song requests it seems
  • ExayleExayle Road Warrior
    edited June 2011
    DragoonXD;4409195 said:
    They've been bringing back a lot of songs that had appeared in testing and vanished (Circa Survive

Waitwat?
    edited June 2011
    Exayle;4409580 said:
    Waitwat?
    Song is "The Difference Between Medicine and Poison is in the Dose".
  • ExayleExayle Road Warrior
    edited June 2011
    I had absolutely no idea that it was getting resuscitated. Amazing.