WTF Curse of the Werewolf

LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
edited June 2011 in The Rock Band Network
As some who paid attention know, Curse of the Werewolf by Timeless Miracle came back to the store today. They had apparently fixed vocal chart problems, and for that I'm glad. However, there is one thing I'm not agreeing with: the tier change.

Why? The song is just hard to sing, even when fixed. I would still say Impossible vocals. Could you at least explain?

Comments

• DragoonXDDragoonXD Road Warrior
    edited June 2011
    I am a horrible vocalist, and almost gold-starred this on my first run. Vocal tierings will never be accurate for everyone.
  • Fall Of SpartanFall Of Spartan Unsigned
    edited June 2011
    I havent played the updated version yet. Any news about people getting the 160 MS point codes for buying the first version of the song?
  • decyferdownrocksdecyferdownrocks Opening Act
    edited June 2011
    Fall Of Spartan;4410297 said:
    I havent played the updated version yet. Any news about people getting the 160 MS point codes for buying the first version of the song?
    I messaged them a little bit after they announced they were sending people codes, I didn't get one yet.
  • sieesiee Road Warrior
    edited June 2011
    Fall Of Spartan;4410297 said:

I bought the song again, it's just that good. And the authors are cool so they deserve it.
  • zemanator1zemanator1 Unsigned
    edited June 2011
    well, the people who tested the new vocal chart suggested the tier be moved down to 4. the authors agreed. why does it even matter? vocal tiers are too subjective anyway
  • Fall Of SpartanFall Of Spartan Unsigned
    edited June 2011
    I mean, I do plan on getting it, I just need that 160 MS point code they were supposed to give back since buying so many songs today made me have none haha.
  • LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    edited June 2011
    zemanator1;4410534 said:
    well, the people who tested the new vocal chart suggested the tier be moved down to 4. the authors agreed. why does it even matter? vocal tiers are too subjective anyway

I'm active in those forums, too. One person suggested a change. I would have a majority rule at least.
  • atalkingfishatalkingfish Opening Act
    edited June 2011
    It could be because the chart before contained notes that aren't in the scale of the key of the song. Because of that, it would be a lot harder to sing.

Now that all the notes fit in with the key, it'd be easier. I imagine before they were like "wtf! this first verse is hard!"
  • Coach ZCoach Z Opening Act
    edited June 2011
    LiveHomeVideo;4410183 said:
    As some who paid attention know, Curse of the Werewolf by Timeless Miracle came back to the store today. They had apparently fixed vocal chart problems, and for that I'm glad. However, there is one thing I'm not agreeing with: the tier change.

Why? The song is just hard to sing, even when fixed. I would still say Impossible vocals. Could you at least explain?

Here's why:
    - It's a pretty simple melody.
    - Lots of repeated sections.
    - Plenty of sustained notes. That makes it very forgiving.
    - No constant flourishes like "All Right Now".
    - No rapid changes or desperate gasping for breath like "ABC".

Personally I would say three dots instead of four, but the harmonies can be a bit tricky, and there are a couple high spots, so four.
    edited June 2011
    Coach Z;4410908 said:
    Here's why:
    - It's a pretty simple melody.
    - Lots of repeated sections.
    - Plenty of sustained notes. That makes it very forgiving.
    - No flourishes like "All Right Now", or rapid changes like "ABC".

I honestly would say three dots instead of four, but the harmonies can be a bit tricky, and there are a couple high spots, so I was okay with four.

This is really not in the same league as devil tier vocal songs.

I was thinking the notes themselves are hard to hit is all. But as others have said, vocals difficulty is too subjective. I can Gold-Star "Misery Business" but this song is hard for me.

I've learned my lesson. A mod can now close this thing if they want.
  • SideshowNSideshowN Rising Star
    edited June 2011
    If and when somebody gets their reimbursed microsoft points for the new song please let us know. I also messaged and havnt got a response yet.
  • GNFfhqwhgadsGNFfhqwhgads 99% Washed Up
    edited June 2011
    LiveHomeVideo;4410910 said:
    I can Gold-Star "Misery Business" but this song is hard for me.
    I can nearly FC Misery Business and Lasso on Expert, but I can't even pass In Bloom on Easy.

Also, you guys waiting for codes need to calm down. They JUST said they were doing it. They can't make the codes themselves, they have to contact Microsoft, explain the situation, pay for the codes, and receive them.
  • PeridotWeaponPeridotWeapon Opening Act
    edited June 2011
    GNFfhqwhgads;4412171 said:
    Also, you guys waiting for codes need to calm down. They JUST said they were doing it. They can't make the codes themselves, they have to contact Microsoft, explain the situation, pay for the codes, and receive them.
    This. ANYTHING involving Microsoft can take forever. Since RBN 2.0's launch was allegedly delayed five extra days because nobody at Microsoft was around to press the "ON" button, I can't imagine how many weeks it might take them to do something that's even MORE elaborate. :)

I suspect they also underestimated the number of people who would ask for the reimbursement (word of "free points" travels fast) - or even non-vocalists that might try to buy the song the day of the announcement and get a code to use towards a different song. Sigh.
  • Coach ZCoach Z Opening Act
    edited June 2011
    GNFfhqwhgads;4412171 said:
    I can nearly FC Misery Business and Lasso on Expert, but I can't even pass In Bloom on Easy.

It's probably all about octave switching. If you can't do it easily, then songs outside of your normal vocal range will be a lot harder.
    edited June 2011
    Coach Z;4412341 said:
    It's probably all about octave switching. If you can't do it easily, then songs outside of your normal vocal range will be a lot harder.
    This. As I said, I can FC Misery Business, as well as a lot of higher-octave songs. It's lower octaves I can't do.

Also, I figured out how to sing this song pretty easily now, so this thread is irrelevant. Thanks for commenting, though.
  • KEWBKEWB Road Warrior
    edited June 2011
    Got my code today. Redeemed it and got my 160. I'll be buying the reuploaded version of the song later tonight.
  • SideshowNSideshowN Rising Star
    edited June 2011
    Got my 160 points refund. Thanks RockGamerStudios, very cool for you to do this!