Network Authors Please Respond!

SmugglebubblesSmugglebubbles Unsigned
edited June 2011 in The Rock Band Network
I have asked many people about this, and I never get a legit response.
I have excellent reasoning, so please listen to it.

I would LOVE to see a song or two from Chiodos' new album Illuminaudio on the network.

Reasons:
1) They would love to market their album like that.
2) It has amazing, challenging parts on all instruments, including keys and harmonies.
3) Every song from that album contains elements from many genres, so almost everyone can find something to like, unlike many of the songs that are on the network now *cough* death metal *cough*.
4) This album has the best audio quality on any CD. Just listen to it. It was recorded superbly.

WHY should one of those songs not be on the Network?
They're good songs, they're fun songs, and more people would enjoy those than some death metal song, or God forbid, Amberian Dawn song...

Give me a legit reason why "Those Who Slay Together, Stay Together" should NOT be on the Network!
Please and thanks!
-Snugglepuffins

Comments

• GNFfhqwhgadsGNFfhqwhgads 99% Washed Up
    edited June 2011
    No one really cares about your reasoning, licensing music is a touchy business, and talking about it usually pisses off the people involved.
  • SmugglebubblesSmugglebubbles Unsigned
    edited June 2011
    Oh, so is that why Harmonix puts crap in their Music Store like The Grateful Dead, Johnny Cash, like 40 country songs, Lady Gaga, etc?
    edited June 2011
    Yes, that is why Harmonix puts crap like Johnny Cash up instead of more Chiodos.

So, how about that Avenged Sevenfold Rock Band, ammirite?
    edited June 2011
    I actually don't like Avenged Sevenfold that much... They're not very fun to listen to. Thanks anyway, though.
  • FlyGuyLXIFlyGuyLXI Headl!ner
    edited June 2011
    Smugglebubbles;4413436 said:
    Oh, so is that why Harmonix puts crap in their Music Store like The Grateful Dead, Johnny Cash, like 40 country songs, Lady Gaga, etc?

You listen to Chiodos.
    edited June 2011
    And? Their new stuff is pretty good. I didn't like their old stuff. They put so much into the new album... you can listen to a song over and over, and every time, you can find something different to listen to. Great keys, colorful drums. I love it. Just wish he wouldn't scream as much as he does.
    edited June 2011
    Smugglebubbles;4413450 said:
    And?
    What you said is like going to a five-star restaurant, complaining about the food, then going home and eating dog poo.
    edited June 2011
    Forgive me, but I just have a hard time believing that a lot of people actually BUY stuff like The Grateful Dead, and Bruno Mars, and Lady Gaga, and Amberian Dawn, and I Gag Sluts And Rape Them (or whatever other death metal they keep putting on the Network).
    edited June 2011
    Ten bucks says the first Lady Gaga pack is higher than the Chiodos song Harmonix put out.
  • FlyGuyLXIFlyGuyLXI Headl!ner
    edited June 2011
    Smugglebubbles;4413450 said:
    And? Their new stuff is pretty good. I didn't like their old stuff. They put so much into the new album... you can listen to a song over and over, and every time, you can find something different to listen to. Great keys, colorful drums. I love it. Just wish he wouldn't scream as much as he does.

Colorful? There's nothing colorful about them. It's the same crap RBN has been upchucking day and night alienating people like me who actually care about having a sense of variety.

I'm doing this out of retaliation. Forgive me if you want, but if you hadn't called out The Grateful Dead like that, my opinion would've been far more restrained.
    edited June 2011
    I'm not betting against that.
    Only because they chose like their WORST song to put in a ROCK BAND game! That song was boring on all instruments, and they released it like JUST before the Keyboard songs came out, so it didn't even have keys in it!
    I swear...
    They're the worst at doing stuff like that...
    edited June 2011
    Smugglebubbles;4413465 said:
    Only because they chose like their WORST song to put in a ROCK BAND game!
    If that's the best excuse you have, explain how Lady Gaga outperforms Chiodos in album sales and concerts.
  • Tego1inTego1in Road Warrior
    edited June 2011
    I think it has to do with their label, Warner Bros. Records.
    If I remember, they don't want to be involved with the RBN, thats why none of the bands signed by them are in RBN, Chiodos being one of them.

Although, many of their artists (A7X, Green Day, Mastodon) are already in Rock Band, which could also mean that they would rather just stick to HMX instead of venturing out into a bunch of smaller companies.
    edited June 2011
    Please just take like 10 minutes and listen to a couple of their songs from Illuminaudio. The drummer actually has some very innovative beats and fills, and omg their singer definitely innovates. That's why I like them: because there's not really another band like them. I HATE the stuff that the Network keeps crapping out... It makes me upset.
    Just please listen to one or two songs before you form an opinion like that. Give it a chance.
    edited June 2011
    I feel like you need to look up the definition of 'innovative'.
    edited June 2011
    GNFfhqwhgads;4413466 said:
    If that's the best excuse you have, explain how Lady Gaga outperforms Chiodos in album sales and concerts.

Frankly,
    Because mainstream America is too stupid/lazy to enjoy music that has variety and complexity.
    That's why Justin Bieber is so popular.
    I'd bet money that if they had a Bieber pack on Rock Band, it'd be the highest selling pack yet.
    But it would also make me the angriest out of all the songs they've released so far.
    edited June 2011
    GNFfhqwhgads;4413469 said:
    I feel like you need to look up the definition of 'innovative'.

He's innovative for that genre...
    Maybe not in the general sense.
    I also like the atmosphere the songs have.
  • edited June 2011
    LOL at comparing The Grateful Dead to Lady Gaga.

You Madame are either 10 or some sort of hermit who just discovered what music is.
  • Coltfan1223Coltfan1223 Rising Star
    edited June 2011
    First off, how is it possible to like new Chiodos but not old? Everyone loved Craig Owens. Second off, they have the song "Caves" in the process
  • ArcanonArcanon Rising Star
    edited June 2011
    You appear to misunderstand how licensing music for Rock Band Network works. (This isn't an insult, just an observation...I see it a lot.) Rock Band Network authors can't add any songs they want in the game; we need to secure the rights to the songs in order to work on them. If we could do whatever we wanted without needing permissions, I'd have already put in all of my favorite bands.

In order to get Chiodos songs, their label must be willing to license them to an authoring group, and usually the band or label pick the songs that go on the Network.

Also, as Coltfan1223 said, "Caves" is currently in the system, which is a song off of Illuminaudio, I believe. It'll be available whenever it passes through the Peer Review process.

You can learn more about how RBN operates at http://creators.rockband.com.
  • Coltfan1223Coltfan1223 Rising Star
    edited June 2011
    Yes, Caves is off Illuminaudio
  • MaghookMaghook Road Warrior
    edited June 2011
    I can almost taste the sweat of an irrational fanboy with all this subjective and strongly opinionated reasoning.

It's bad form to go around insulting artists whilst claiming the one you love is more equal than the others. Especially if the artists you are putting down are on the same label... that's a big no-no and will lose you all respect with who you are reaching out to.

Though, I must say, you do remind me of me back when I was in my early-mid teens.
  • HMXLachesisHMXLachesis Harmonix Alum
    edited June 2011
    Smugglebubbles;4413458 said:
    Forgive me, but I just have a hard time believing that a lot of people actually BUY stuff like The Grateful Dead, and Bruno Mars, and Lady Gaga, and Amberian Dawn....
    While we don't actually release stats regarding how well various artists sell, you can get an idea of how two songs compare by checking the leaderboards for full band.

The one thing that makes it a little tricky is that you need to figure out whether you're looking at the top 1% or all scores on the leaderboards. (If a song is below 1,000 players, it will show all players instead of the top 1%.) You can take a reasoned guess by assuming that people *do* play all regular DLC songs on Easy and then looking at the end of the listed scores to see whether there are Easy scores there. (The RBN is a little harder, since people who are willing to purchase and play songs they don't know are more likely to be hardcore than casual. There really are RBN songs that only Expert players have played.)

For example, if you check out "Casey Jones" by the Grateful Dead on Xbox 360, you'll see that there are 101 scores listed for full band. Navigating to the end of the list, you'll see that the last band listed played the song on Expert, so this is almost certainly the 1% listing. This means that approximately 10,100 people have played this song online on Xbox.

Of course, it's important to keep the amount of time that a song has been released in mind. If you compare Lady Gaga's songs, you'll see that "Bad Romance" is knocking "Paparazzi" out of the water, but "Bad Romance" was released on March 16, 2010 and "Paparazzi" was released on May 23, 2011, so "Bad Romance" has been available much longer and picked up more leaderboard scores as a result.

This has been a public service announcement.