Pro Guitar/Bass in RBN? I have an idea

DackAttacDackAttac Road Warrior
edited June 2011 in The Rock Band Network
Due to the general lack of playtesters at the moment who could play the pro upgrades, HMX opted to leave this element out of RBN2.0, to the chagrin of many hopefuls.

And although far from a utopian solution, I'd like to propose an idea for pro guitar/bass upgrades in RBN.

First of all, it would involve some effort from HMX. But in the same way they've made a habit of adding pro updates to a couple songs some weeks—and had a massive slew of upgrades that one week—maybe quarterly or so, they could add pro upgrades to the best selling/most deserving (i.e., Eiffel 65 probably would not get one) RBN songs.

Now, I know that's a difficult process. But if the guitarrist submits accurate tablature of what they did upon submission, and the author hands it over to HMX if they'd like to consider the song for a pro upgrade... That's gotta cut down on the workload somewhat, right?

Just some food for thought. I don't mean to sound ignorant of the process, or the reasoning that led HMX to their decision not to include Pro G/B in RBN2, but just thought that this would be—while not as entirely inclusive as many would like—a great way to keep all of the RB3 experience on the table for RBN artists.

Comments

• raynebcraynebc Road Warrior
    edited June 2011
    I like the idea, but Harmonix has their hands full doing the pro guitar content that we see for regular DLC. I don't think they have the resources to focus on adding pro guitar to existing RBN songs.
  • OscarvariumOscarvarium Rising Star
    edited June 2011
    I've wondered if they could do it in such a way that means the author has to get some kind of form signed by the client stating that the guitarist or whoever has seen the pro charts and verified that they are accurate, kind of like additional rights verification. I'm also really hoping that if/when they do add Pro G/B functionality in the future, they will make it similar to how Pro Upgrades work for existing DLC, meaning that they are a separate download and can also be added to older songs.
  • raynebcraynebc Road Warrior
    edited June 2011
    Oscarvarium;4416687 said:
    I've wondered if they could do it in such a way that means the author has to get some kind of form signed by the client stating that the guitarist or whoever has seen the pro charts and verified that they are accurate, kind of like additional rights verification.

I suggested that before, but one of the forum regulars thought Harmonix would never go for it.