DLC Discussion: Week of 6/21 - Maroon 5 & Puddle of Mudd 3 Packs

MagnetMagnet Moderator
edited June 2011 in Rock Band
hmxhenry;4424442 said:
Hey gang,

Next week's DLC introduces two bands to the perpetually growing Rock Band library. Both Maroon 5 and Puddle of Mudd enter the RB set list with 3 packs, with one Pro Guitar upgrade per artist. Enjoy!

Available on Xbox 360, Wii and PlayStation®3 system (June 21):

· Maroon 5 – “Misery”
· Maroon 5 – “This Love” X
· Maroon 5 – “Won’t Go Home Without You”
· Puddle of Mudd – “Blurry”
· Puddle of Mudd – “Control”
· Puddle of Mudd – “She Hates Me” X

(These tracks will be available in Europe on PlayStation®3 system June 22)

These tracks will be available for purchase as “Maroon 5 Pack 02”, “Puddle of Mudd Pack 01” and as individual tracks on Xbox 360, PlayStation®3 system and Wii. Tracks marked with “X” will include Pro Guitar and Pro Bass expansions for $0.99 per song.

Price:

$1.99 USD, £.99 UK, €1.49 EU (160 Microsoft Points) per song
$2.00 USD (200 Wii Points™) per song
$0.99 USD (100 Wii Points/80 Microsoft Points), £0.59 UK, €0.79 EU per song for eligible Pro Guitar/Pro Bass upgrade
$5.49, £2.49 UK, €3.99 EU (440 Microsoft Points, 550 Wii Points) for Puddle of Mudd Pack 01
$5.49, £2.49 UK, €3.99 EU (440 Microsoft Points, 550 Wii Points) for Maroon Five Pack 02

** Dates for Rock Band game tracks are tentative and subject to change. **
Discuss!

Comments

• jasonrosenbaumjasonrosenbaum Rising Star
    edited June 2011
    I will almost certainly skip Maroon 5, but I do like Blurry quite a bit. So I will get that.
  • VyseTheQuickVyseTheQuick Opening Act
    edited June 2011
    I'll have to check out the Maroon 5 songs and see if I recognize them. Definitely going to pick up on Puddle of Mudd.
  • PankrazzoPankrazzo Road Warrior
    edited June 2011
    She ****ing hates me!!!
  • ClaptonsWigClaptonsWig I Can't Dance
    edited June 2011
    Meh week is meh
  • WolfbeckettWolfbeckett Road Warrior
    edited June 2011
    Big time skip week. I have less than zero interest in these bands, negative interest, would not download if I was being paid to. Happy for those that like them, but for me it's a giant hell no.
  • SpidermaniacSpidermaniac Opening Act
    edited June 2011
    I'm grabbing the Puddle of Mud pack. Good stuff there.
  • rab39rab39 Rising Star
    edited June 2011
    First week I'm not excited about one song in a long time, but I guess "This Love" is OK.
  • gham77gham77 Opening Act
    edited June 2011
    No No and thrice no. Nothing for me this week.
    Dire selection in my opinion but good luck to those who like this kind of thing.
  • Chemical PhoenixChemical Phoenix Road Warrior
    edited June 2011
    I never thought we would see Maroon 5 again. And Puddle of Mudd should have had Psycho and/or Famous...
  • robbieconrobbiecon Road Warrior
    edited June 2011
    She Hates Me = Oh that song.
  • UltraceUltrace Road Warrior
    edited June 2011
    Not a big fan of Maroon 5, but I don't know Puddle of Mudd, so there's always potential for something new there. If it doesn't work out, well, we're still way behind on our DLC so there's weeks of goodness for us to pick up.
  • Caesar08Caesar08 Unsigned
    edited June 2011
    SKIP. My job has Maroon 5 on the station we all hear and it's become too overplayed for me now.
  • MostSpartan14MostSpartan14 Road Warrior
    edited June 2011
    Even though I don't despise a majority of these songs, they aren't songs that I like enough to spend $A2 on so I'll be skipping this week.
  • SkodeSkode Headliner
    edited June 2011
    Happy enough with song selections for both packs but She Hates Me is gonna suck censored.
  • murphmurph Rising Star
    edited June 2011
    Swing...and a miss. See you next week. BRING ON THE POISON ALREADY!!!
  • darkwinterbeast8darkwinterbeast8 Headliner
    edited June 2011
    Unless the PS3 RBN releases are promising, it looks like a week of no purchases for me.
  • darkwinterbeast8darkwinterbeast8 Headliner
    edited June 2011
    Skode;4424789 said:
    Happy enough with song selections for both packs but She Hates Me is gonna suck censored.

Not really a great song to begin with but I could see why putting that song in for drunk people to slur and curse at during a party would be a good idea. Just add the swears back in when singing.
  • ChertensteinChertenstein Opening Act
    edited June 2011
    Maybe This Love for the wife, but otherwise, nothing is grabbing me. Never was much of a Puddle of Mudd fan.
  • Casto21Casto21 Rock and Roll Statistician
    edited June 2011
    Will pick up both packs. Fiance really likes Maroon 5 and the Puddle of Mudd stuff will be hit at gatherings.
  • HetzHetz Rising Star
    edited June 2011
    Getting everything! Awesome week!

Thanks for putting out She Hates Me....even if it is censored. :)
  • mmetznermmetzner Opening Act
    edited June 2011
    Skode;4424789 said:

It won't be censored when I sing it :)
  • SayburrSayburr The Always Informative Rock Band Forum Guru
    edited June 2011
    Two songs only for me this week...

· Maroon 5 – “This Love” - Alesia LOVEs some Moron 5, but is picky. Only picked up two of the tripple pack last time (Little of Your Time she didn't like) and this time it looks like I will only be buying one song.

· Puddle of Mudd – “She Hates Me” - Not a fan of Puddle of Mudd, bought the album this song came from and thought it was a great song in an ok album. So, I will buy this song because I have always loved the song.

That will put me at 999 songs overall... I wonder what will be song #1,000... I am not sure, but I am going to be very picky about what I get.
  • xVaughn360xxVaughn360x Opening Act
    edited June 2011
    I've been hearing the "Blurry" song a lot of times on the radio ever since. Will get the song as soon as I get the msp card.
  • edited June 2011
    darkwinterbeast8;4424791 said:
    Unless the PS3 RBN releases are promising, it looks like a week of no purchases for me.

According to the blog it's:

Andromeda - "Veil of Illumination (Part 1)" (Prog) - $1.99
    Andromeda - "Veil of Illumination (Part 2)" (Prog) - $1.99
    Andromeda - "Chameleon Carnaval" (Prog) - $1.99
    Jukebox the Ghost - "Half Crazy" (Pop-Rock) - $1.99
    TesseracT - "Deception - Concealing Fate Part Two" - $1.99 (Prog)

Which definitely is a lot more my cup of tea than this week's main DLC offerings. Modern mainstream and I don't get along well.
  • Lord_MhoramLord_Mhoram Road Warrior
    edited June 2011
    I'll get some singles, but not the packs. Decent week.
    She Hates Me, This Love, Blurry and Misery.

And speaking of She Hates Me - cue censorship argument.
  • JasonofindyJasonofindy Opening Act
    edited June 2011
    I'll be picking up the Puddle of Mudd 3 pack this week.

Is the PSN RBN announcement delayed or are we just not getting anything this week? Now that RBN2 stuff is releasing it would be nice to get "Country Song" by Seether and Blue.

EDIT: Thanks to Der Lex for the RBN2.0 info. Nothing there for me this week. Considering Blue was the first track sold on 360 RBN2.0 and seemed to sell even better than a lot of official DLC, I'm baffled that they've skipped over releasing it on PSN two weeks in a row.
  • ClaptonsWigClaptonsWig I Can't Dance
    edited June 2011
    Ultrace;4424786 said:
    Not a big fan of Maroon 5, but I don't know Puddle of Mudd, so there's always potential for something new there. If it doesn't work out, well, we're still way behind on our DLC so there's weeks of goodness for us to pick up.
    By all means they're not bad, just unfortunately not very well known anymore. YouTube the songs and you may have heard Blurry and She Hates Me. Really thought the last Maroon 5 pack was lacking, and this one proved me wrong as the new contender. Hasn't been since the David Bowie pack did I feel they could have picked slightly better songs at the expense of the others (Fame for Life on Mars? Would have solidified that pack for me.)
  • ecIggyecIggy Opening Act
    edited June 2011
    Wheeeee She Hates Me!! Was hoping for Psycho but still quite happy with this, there is a reason it is pack 01
  • Jarr3tt88Jarr3tt88 Opening Act
    edited June 2011
    YES YES YES!!!!!!!!! Harmonix I ****ing LOVE YOU OMG OMG!!!!! Two my favorite bands! All 3 Puddle of Mudd songs kick ass!!!!! WOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I haven't been this excited since the Boston full album OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D
  • dikettedikette Opening Act
    edited June 2011
    :(
    Nothing for me this week. First week in long time without picking nothing.
    No problem with that tho! i can go back and buy stuff that i didn't get it yet..
    :)