Why is not the rock band in the wii network

coolnintendocoolnintendo Unsigned
edited September 2011 in The Rock Band Network
When the rock band network is in the wii?

Comments

• coolnintendocoolnintendo Unsigned
    edited June 2011
    Plz, more RBN for Wii
  • GNFfhqwhgadsGNFfhqwhgads 99% Washed Up
    edited June 2011
  • PankrazzoPankrazzo Road Warrior
    edited June 2011
    coolnintendo;4425251 said:
    Plz, more RBN for Wii
    If you're lucky the Wii U will get a better online service.
  • Casto21Casto21 Rock and Roll Statistician
    edited June 2011
    Pankrazzo;4425271 said:
    If you're lucky the Wii U will get a better online service.

Hopefully the cost to convert/prepare a track for the Wii:U will be less than the Wii. That's probably the best chance Nintendo has to see RBN tracks make a comeback.
  • sophicarnesophicarne Unsigned
    edited June 2011
    Will RB still work on WiiU? What about songs we already paid for? Will it be like the other consoles and we can upload songs from previous discs?
  • atalkingfishatalkingfish Opening Act
    edited June 2011
    The Wii U is very compatible with Wii games and so I would like to hope that these sort of things could transfer over.

On the other hand, Nintendo doesn't use an account system, and downloads are only licensed for the console they are bought on. (My Wii broke and when I got another one, all my DLC disappeared forever int he legal loopholes of Nintendo's company)
    edited June 2011
    atalkingfish;4430273 said:
    On the other hand, Nintendo doesn't use an account system, and downloads are only licensed for the console they are bought on. (My Wii broke and when I got another one, all my DLC disappeared forever int he legal loopholes of Nintendo's company)
    Which doesn't mean much. You'll call Nintendo, work out your Wii number, they'll update your WiiU licenses.
  • DeferredGalaxy3DeferredGalaxy3 Rising Star
    edited August 2011
    I hope when they do port them to the Wii or Wii U, they better NOT do metal songs. I look at the list and there's 30 something rock songs for wii RBN, and 60 FRICKIN' METAL SONGS out of the 157 or so! Country seems to be a popular genre, I have read comments about people wanting country for Rock Band, and there is only 1 country song for RBN Wii.

I think the metal overload is an explanation for not selling much.
    edited August 2011
    atalkingfish;4430273 said:
    The Wii U is very compatible with Wii games and so I would like to hope that these sort of things could transfer over.

I remember talking to Nintendo about this. They said if your Wii broke, they will be able to keep your account as long as you didn't hack your Wii or anything.

Here's the full message:
    Email I got while talking to Nintendo said:
    Let me reassure you that as long as your system hasn't been modified we can preserve your Wii Shop Channel account as long as you have us repair your Wii console--no matter how long you've owned it. Our technicians will be able to preserve your Wii Shop Channel account, which contains the licenses of the Virtual Console and WiiWare games you've downloaded as well as any balance of Wii Points. You may end up having to re-download your games and channels, but there would be no cost to you for doing so. Conversely, if you decide to return or exchange your Wii console through the retailer, the Wii Shop Channel account would be lost.
    ...and if I understand, all Rock Band DLC is kept on the Wii Shop Channel servers. (Though it doesn't appear on the channel itself.)
  • GameMaster439GameMaster439 Road Warrior
    edited August 2011
    DeferredGalaxy3;4487309 said:
    I hope when they do port them to the Wii or Wii U, they better NOT do metal songs. I look at the list and there's 30 something rock songs for wii RBN, and 60 FRICKIN' METAL SONGS out of the 157 or so! Country seems to be a popular genre, I have read comments about people wanting country for Rock Band, and there is only 1 country song for RBN Wii.

It's what sells on the other consoles so why not plus you can never have too much metal and the one country song isn't country. It should be labeled as Pop-Rock with the rest of the JoCo songs
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited August 2011

You do know there's never going to be more RBN songs on the Wii right?

It just sounds like you might think there's going to be future RBN on the Wii, which isn't the case.
    edited August 2011
    ThatAuthoringGroup;4487318 said:

It just sounds like you might think there's going to be future RBN on the Wii, which isn't the case.

Oops. Did I make it sound like I thought they were? Let me rephrase me sentence: If they port them to the Wii or Wii U again, they better NOT do metal songs.
  • Catch-22Catch-22 Road Warrior
    edited August 2011
    It's really hard to port country RBN songs when there aren't any.
  • SirDavidTLynchSirDavidTLynch Headliner
    edited August 2011
    They should totally blacklist a popular genre because a few people don't like it.
    edited August 2011
    SirDavidTLynch;4487355 said:
    They should totally blacklist a popular genre because a few people don't like it.

I've contacted a decent number of country bands to see if they wanted in the game. Only two responded (to say they weren't interested).
    edited August 2011
    ThatAuthoringGroup;4487382 said:
    I've contacted a decent number of country bands to see if they wanted in the game. Only two responded (to say they weren't interested).

I think he's talking about metal not country.
    edited August 2011
    Hah!

Er...yeah I knew that >_>

Look a bear!

*Runs away*
    edited August 2011
    ThatAuthoringGroup;4487389 said:
    Hah!

Er...yeah I knew that >_>

Look a bear!

*Runs away*

You can't run, I feel like I live with you now.
    edited August 2011
    I have that effect on people :P
  • HMXLachesisHMXLachesis Harmonix Alum
    edited August 2011
    I think this thread was pretty solidly dead. Please try not to necro threads.
  • V8VANTAGEV8VANTAGE Road Warrior
    edited September 2011
    I don't think Nintendo liked the RBN and the tracks that WERE on there got taken down because they just weren't selling.

360 is honestly the way to go for Rock Band 3 and to enjoy all of the content.
    edited September 2011
    V8VANTAGE;4490618 said:
    I don't think Nintendo liked the RBN and the tracks that WERE on there got taken down because they just weren't selling.

360 is honestly the way to go for Rock Band 3 and to enjoy all of the content.

Wrong, all 159 tracks that us Wii players got are there
  • SheSaidSheSaidSheSaidSheSaid Washed Up
    edited September 2011
    ThatAuthoringGroup;4487318 said:

Makes me wonder...RBN on Wii was discontinued because of low sales, right? Is PS3 ever going to be in danger of losing it? By that I mean, are we close, or has it been talked about at all, or anything? That would spur me to buy some more RBN songs, no question (I've bought maybe 15 or 20 in total).
  • SirDavidTLynchSirDavidTLynch Headliner
    edited September 2011
    Converting the tracks isn't nearly as much work, and DLC in general sells better on PS3 than Wii, so you should be fine.
  • SheSaidSheSaidSheSaidSheSaid Washed Up
    edited September 2011
    HMXLachesis;4487541 said:
    I think this thread was pretty solidly dead. Please try not to necro threads.

Seriously? Two months is a "necro" ? Even then, it's six-of-one-half-a-dozen-of-the-other. It's either "holy necropost, Batman!" or it's "THIS thread again? Really?"
    edited September 2011
    SheSaidSheSaid;4492807 said:
    Is PS3 ever going to be in danger of losing it?
    Not to my knowledge. The PS3 outperformed the Wii several times over.
  • HMXLachesisHMXLachesis Harmonix Alum
    edited September 2011
    SheSaidSheSaid;4492809 said:
    Seriously? Two months is a "necro" ? Even then, it's six-of-one-half-a-dozen-of-the-other. It's either "holy necropost, Batman!" or it's "THIS thread again? Really?"

You have a point here. I think I reacted more to the content of the post than the timeline involved - it isn't really helpful to make requests for genres on the Wii, since we're not porting anything else to the Wii. But that has nothing to do with forum etiquette, and calling it out as a necro post wasn't appropriate. My apologies.
    edited September 2011
    HMXLachesis;4492852 said:
    You have a point here. I think I reacted more to the content of the post than the timeline involved - it isn't really helpful to make requests for genres on the Wii, since we're not porting anything else to the Wii. But that has nothing to do with forum etiquette, and calling it out as a necro post wasn't appropriate. My apologies.

It's all cool, we still love ya anyways :D Would it be nice to see more RBN on the Wii? Absolutely. Are we going to see anymore anytime soon? Of course not
  • NoThru22NoThru22 Road Warrior
    edited September 2011
    HMXLachesis;4492852 said:
    Don't apologize, just ban!
  • edited September 2011
    NoThru22;4493428 said:
    Don't apologize, just ban!

Have you been reading the moderators' handbook I've been writing? That's totally a chapter title, in between 'Don't warn, just ban' and 'Don't wipe your hands after washing them, just ban'.