Change the name to Amberian Dawn Network already!

Han DaimondHan Daimond Letdown
edited July 2011 in The Rock Band Network
My God, how many songs do we have of them? Not really complaining tough, the band is very good, but the quantity of their songs is just overwhelming and most of their songs tend to sound the same.

BTW, is there any possibility to release song packs on RBN?

Comments

• DerLindwurmDerLindwurm Road Warrior
    edited June 2011
    Let's just hope lots of other bands take note of what Amberian Dawn is doing and ask themselves why they're not doing the same.
  • lvmathemagicianlvmathemagician Road Warrior
    edited June 2011
    DerLindwurm;4425658 said:
    Let's just hope lots of other bands take note of what Amberian Dawn is doing and ask themselves why they're not doing the same.

I feel the same way. I personally don't care for Amberian Dawn, but it's great to see them use RBN as much as they do. I hope more do the same.
  • Ledgo2Ledgo2 Rising Star
    edited June 2011
    DerLindwurm;4425658 said:

Sadly, I don't think a lot of other bands want to do this. I think they'd rather have it done by HMX for royalities/ect/ect compared to beer money and paying an authoring group to do something.
  • FlyGuyLXIFlyGuyLXI Headl!ner
    edited June 2011
    I'm starting to wonder if the artists I listen to are actually that serious with their music that they don't want anything to do with the game.

I mean, I'm lucky if I download 5 songs a month from RBN and that's just scraping the barrel out of desperation. Don't get me wrong I actually do like the Jukebox the Ghost songs, but RBN is not doing to me what it has done when it first opened.
  • JoshVanHalen87JoshVanHalen87 Road Warrior
    edited June 2011
    what??!?!? im glad someone like AD make this kind of comitment with rbn, they´re awesome just showing their support to a new rhytm game tool like RBN, ´nuff said.
  • DragoonXDDragoonXD Road Warrior
    edited June 2011
    Well, there are only 3 more Amberian Dawn songs coming, and unless they have some live album or other EP I don't know about, those will be the last.
  • dinomandinoman Rising Star
    edited June 2011
    DragoonXD;4425723 said:
    Well, there are only 3 more Amberian Dawn songs coming, and unless they have some live album or other EP I don't know about, those will be the last.

4 more actually
  • PankrazzoPankrazzo Road Warrior
    edited June 2011
    dinoman;4425772 said:
    4 more actually

How is the operatic one in Finnish supposed to pass testing?
  • whypick1whypick1 Headliner
    edited June 2011
    Han Daimond;4425653 said:
    BTW, is there any possibility to release song packs on RBN?

If there was, don't you think Amberian Dawn/Main Drag/Evile would've done it with their full albums by now?
  • LunaticSoulLunaticSoul Rising Star
    edited June 2011
    Wish my favourite bands were so dedicated to the RBN as much as they are. I don't like them but I like the fact they like Rock Band too :p
  • BohemianMattBohemianMatt Headliner
    edited June 2011
    I tried to keep up with Amberian Dawn when they first released a few songs. I got three, then I stopped looking them up. Seriously though, I wonder what kind of money they've made.

Other bands truly should follow their example. The RBN really is a powerhouse of possibility, for both the bands and fans.

Other bands just aren't as cool as Amberian Dawn, I suppose. There, I said it.
    edited June 2011
    I don't mind some of their songs, but ~40 is just too much of the same for me.
  • RunesmithRunesmith Headliner
    edited June 2011
    I'm not a fan of the band's music, but I am a fan of the band's dedication to using the RBN to its fullest capabilities. Every band should take a page from Amberian Dawn.
    edited June 2011
    BohemianMatt;4425801 said:

Other bands just aren't as cool as Amberian Dawn, I suppose. There, I said it.

Or just don't throw money at authoring groups.
  • Bigjoe5Bigjoe5 Opening Act
    edited June 2011
    Ledgo2;4425837 said:
    Or just don't throw money at authoring groups.

Right. 'cause everyone knows that RBN is an economic sinkhole for the band...:rolleyes:
  • PeridotWeaponPeridotWeapon Opening Act
    edited June 2011
    By this point, Amberian Dawn has saturated the market (they have 29 vs Foo Fighter's 26, for crying out loud), but in the end, it really has nothing to do with the sales.

It's the fact that, whether you love them, hate them, or never even listen to them, you still KNOW THEIR NAME. You can't put a pricetag on that and the help it can put towards getting a band on the map.

Amberian Dawn / Andromeda / The Apples in Stereo / A T O M / Bang Camaro / Bright Midnight / Chaotrope / Children of Nova / A Day To Remember / Evile / Freen In Green / Graveyard BBQ / Hourcast / Inkubus Sukkubus / Jonathan Coulton / The Main Drag / Minnesota Sex Junkies / The Riptides / Rose of Jericho / Scott Attrill / Scratching The Itch / Shylo Elliott / Ultra Saturday / We The Kings

What do they have in common? They all have 5+ songs available through the Rock Band Network. (I'm not including any 2x Bass versions, but in terms of exposure and "free advertising" they count just as well.)

And while their levels of being "known" to the rest of the world may vary, if you see the same name show up over and over again, eventually curiosity will get the better of you and you'll take a listen to find out, "Okay, who are you and WHY do you keep releasing your tunes in my Rock Band?" :)
  • MaghookMaghook Road Warrior
    edited June 2011
    Who's complaining about too much content? What is this, North Korea? I say it's all too much of not enough. We need more of EVERYTHING!

BRING ON MORE EVERYTHING!
    edited June 2011
    Maghook;4425855 said:
    BRING ON MORE EVERYTHING!
    Never heard of them.
  • PeridotWeaponPeridotWeapon Opening Act
    edited June 2011
    Pankrazzo;4425862 said:
    Never heard of them.
    If Someone and Someone Else would just TALK to each other, they could release Something, one of the best known songs off of Everything. Repeat until we have Everything's entire discography. Problem solved.
  • wesjett08wesjett08 Rising Star
    edited June 2011
    We're committed to bringing our entire discography to the game in due time, Which right now is only one album but if we we're to record a live show ... Select songs from that could possibly see their way to the game. We just enjoy charting and playing the game so much to not do it.

I think at the rate we are going we should have 14 or so by the time the album is finished.
  • GreatJedi7GreatJedi7 Road Warrior
    edited June 2011
    wesjett08;4425875 said:
    We're committed to bringing our entire discography to the game in due time, Which right now is only one album but if we we're to record a live show ... Select songs from that could possibly see their way to the game. We just enjoy charting and playing the game so much to not do it.

I think at the rate we are going we should have 14 or so by the time the album is finished.

Sweetness! Saw Ultra Saturday's Friday cover on YouTube. Congrats on polishing a turd!
  • NoThru22NoThru22 Road Warrior
    edited June 2011
    I wish it were the Amberian Dawn network! They need to hurry and record some more songs so that we don't run out of the weekly dose of AD!
    edited June 2011
    Bigjoe5;4425840 said:
    Right. 'cause everyone knows that RBN is an economic sinkhole for the band...:rolleyes:

That depends. What band are we talking?
  • LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    edited June 2011
    I wish more bands would release their discographies onto RBN. If I were to make an album, I would for sure release it all onto RBN. If only my computer didn't die, or I'd still be recording...

All well, I could start again. :rolleyes:
  • GNFfhqwhgadsGNFfhqwhgads 99% Washed Up
    edited June 2011
    LiveHomeVideo;4426031 said:
    I wish more bands would release their discographies onto RBN.:
    Seriously. We've only got Amberian Dawn, The Main Drag, Ultra Saturday(coming), and...? Is that it?
  • DragoonXDDragoonXD Road Warrior
    edited June 2011
    GNFfhqwhgads;4426032 said:
    Seriously. We've only got Amberian Dawn, The Main Drag, Ultra Saturday(coming), and...? Is that it?
    Children of Nova currently have their entire discography on RBN, but that should be changing shortly.
  • ArcanonArcanon Rising Star
    edited June 2011
    Of our artists, Shylo Elliott and Winter Crescent (each with one album but more being made) are putting everything they have into RBN. They're the only ones at the moment, but that can change.

It would be nothing short of awesome to see more artists putting entire discographies into RBN. It would turn the store into a true music store where fans can get any song from any band that participates, which would be amazing.

The most likely artists that would pledge their entire discographies are small, unknown bands or musicians who put a song into RB to see how it does, find it sells well, and then proceed to add more. I know that Kurodust, for one, would love to put the rest of their Containment Failure album in the game if "Doll in the Dust" sells well, and I'd love to add it. If more people discovering new bands on RBN help get the word out about the songs they played, I'm sure we'd be seeing a lot more bands putting all their songs on RBN.

I admire bands like Amberian Dawn, The Main Drag, Ultra Saturday, and any other band/artist that wants to fully back RBN. It keeps the service strong and makes the fans happy, and it makes Rock Band players happy as well by bringing new, amazing songs to play.
  • FlyGuyLXIFlyGuyLXI Headl!ner
    edited June 2011
    The Main Drag has a third album (which is their debut) that they didn't put on Rock Band.
  • JupiahJupiah Unsigned
    edited June 2011
    I never even heard of Amberian Dawn until I saw them on the Network and now I have downloaded all their RBN songs (except the 2x bass ones) and bought all their albums.

So yeah, I think they're on to something here and more bands should follow their example.
  • Fezz-HeadFezz-Head Opening Act
    edited June 2011
    I do like the idea of having song packs for RBN.