tdc002's Rock Band 4 Setlist

tdc002tdc002 Road Warrior
edited September 2013 in Your Ultimate Setlist
I figured I'd jump on the bandwagon and make my own Rock Band 4 dream setlist. Let me know what you think.

Total tracks: 86
X = Keyboard Support
H = Harmony Vocals

1960’s:
-The Beach Boys – God Only Knows (1968, Pop Rock) X H
-The Doors – Five to One (1968, Classic Rock) X H
-The Kinks – All Day and All of the Night (1964, Classic Rock) X H
-Rolling Stones – (I Can’t Get No) Satisfaction (1965, Classic Rock) H
-The Zombies – Time of the Season (1968, Classic Rock) X H

1970’s:
-ABBA – Dancing Queen (1976, Pop/Dance/Electronic) X H
-Bruce Springsteen – Born to Run (1975, Classic Rock) X
-Cheap Trick – Surrender (1978, Pop Rock) X H
-The Clash – Pressure Drop (1979, Punk) X H
-David Bowie – Rebel Rebel (1974, Glam) X H
-Elton John – Bennie and the Jets (1974, Classic Rock) X H
-Elvis Costello & The Attractions – (What’s So Funny Bout) Peace, Love, and Understanding (1979, Rock) X
-Janis Joplin – Me and Bobby McGee (1971, Classic Rock) X
-The Knack – My Sharona (1979, Pop Rock) H
-Misfits – Teenagers From Mars (1978, Punk) H
-Neil Diamond – Cracklin’ Rosie (1970, Rock) X
-Paul McCartney & Wings – Live and Let Die (1973, Classic Rock) X H
-Sex Pistols – Anarchy in the UK (1976, Punk) H
-The Specials – Too Much, Too Young (1979, Reggae/Ska) X H
-T. Rex – Bang a Gong (Get It On) (1971, Glam) X H
-Television – Prove It (1977, New Wave)
-Tom Petty & The Heartbreakers – Don’t Do Me Like That (1979, Rock) X H

1980’s:
-The Cure – Boys Don’t Cry (1980, New Wave) H
-Def Leppard – Pour Some Sugar On Me (1983, Metal) X H
-Dire Straits – Money For Nothing (1985, Rock) X
-Eurythmics – Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This) (1983, New Wave) X H
-Living Colour – Cult of Personality (1988, Metal) X H
-Motley Crue – Shout at the Devil (1984, Metal)
-Oingo Boingo – Who Do You Want to Be (1983, New Wave) X H
-Q Lazzarus – Goodbye Horses (1988, New Wave) X H
-Quiet Riot - *** on Feel the Noize (1983, Metal) X H
-The Smiths – Panic (1986, Alternative) X H
-Soft Cell – Tainted Love (1981, New Wave) X H
-The Stone Roses – She Bangs the Drums (1989, Alternative) X H
-Stray Cats – Rock This Town (1982, Rock) H
-Talking Heads – Life During Wartime (Live) (1984, New Wave) X H
-Traveling Wilburys – End of the Line (1988, Rock) H
-Twisted Sister – We’re Not Gonna Take It (1984, Metal) H
-Van Halen – Jump (1984, Metal) X H

1990’s:
-Bush – Machinehead (1994, Grunge) H
-CAKE – Rock ‘n’ Roll Lifestyle (1993, Alternative) X H
-Counting Crows – Round Here (1993, Rock) X
-The Cranberries – Salvation (1996, Alternative) X H
-Del Amitri – Roll to Me (1996, Rock) X H
-Depeche Mode – Enjoy the Silence (1990, New Wave) X H
-Edwin McCain – I’ll Be (1997, Pop Rock) X
-Foo Fighters – Big Me (1995, Alternative) H
-Hootie & The Blowfish – I Only Wanna Be With You (1994, Pop Rock) H
-Jane’s Addiction – Stop! (1990, Alternative) H
-Metallica – Turn the Page (1998, Metal)
-Megadeth – Sweating Bullets (1992, Metal) H
-Pearl Jam – Spin the Black Circle (1994, Grunge)
-Reel Big Fish – Sell Out (1996, Reggae/Ska) X H
-Sister Hazel – All For You (1994, Pop Rock) H
-Sponge – Molly (16 Candles Down the Drain) (1995, Alternative) H
-Weezer – Why Bother (1996, Alternative) H

2000’s:
-Alkaline Trio – Stupid Kid (2001, Punk) H
-Animal Collective – Summertime Clothes (2009, Indie Rock) X H
-The Aquabats – Fashion Zombies! (2005, Pop Rock) X H
-Bright Eyes – Soul Singer in a Session Band (2007, Indie Rock) X H
-Coheed and Cambria - Blood Red Summer (2003, Progressive) H
-Death Cab For Cute – Crooked Teeth (2005, Indie Rock) X H
-Drowning Pool – Tear Away (2002, Nu-Metal) K H
-Fall Out Boy – Sugar, We’re Goin Down (2005, Pop Rock) X H
-Gov’t Mule – Mr. High and Mighty (2006, Southern Rock) X
-Gym Class Heroes – Petrified Life and the Twice Told Joke (2005, Hip-Hop/Rap) X H
-The Hold Steady – Stuck Between Stations (2006, Indie Rock) X H
-Lady Gaga – Summerboy (2008, Pop/Dance/Electronic) X H
-Motion City Soundtrack – This Is For Real (2007, Pop Rock) X H
-My Chemical Romance – Dead! (2006, Emo) X H
-Rancid – Fall Back Down (2003, Punk) X H
-Red Hot Chili Peppers – Can’t Stop (2003, Alternative) H
-Richard Hawley – Tonight the Streets Are Ours (2007, Rock) X
-Rise Against – Paper Wings (2004, Punk) H
-Say Anything – Alive With the Glory of Love (2004, Indie Rock) H
-The Sounds – No One Sleeps When I’m Awake (2009, New Wave) X H
-Stereophonics – Devil (Live) (2006, Alternative) X
-Thursday – Signals Over the Air (2003, Emo) X H
-The Used – All That I’ve Got (2004, Emo) X H

2010’s:
-Beastie Boys – Make Some Noise (2011, Hip-Hop/Rap) X H
-The Black Keys – Howlin’ For You (2010, Alternative) X
-OK Go – This Too Shall Pass (2010, Pop Rock) X H
-Old 97s – Every Night is Friday Night Without You (2010, Country) H
-Sex Bob-omb – We Are Sex Bob-omb (2010, Novelty) H
-The Strokes – Under Cover of Darkness (2011, Alternative) X H
-Vampire Weekend – Cousins (2010, Indie Rock) X H

Songs with Keys Support: 60
Songs with Harmony Vocals: 71

Decade Breakdown:
1960s: 5
1970s: 17
1980s: 17
1990s: 17
2000s: 23
2010s: 7

Genre Breakdown:
Alternative – 12
Classic Rock – 7
Country – 1
Emo - 3
Glam – 2
Grunge – 2
Hip-Hop/Rap - 2
Indie Rock – 6
Metal – 8
New Wave – 9
Novelty - 1
Nu-Metal - 1
Pop/Dance/Electronic - 2
Pop Rock – 10
Progressive - 1
Punk – 6
Reggae/Ska – 2
Rock – 10
Southern Rock – 1

Songs picked later for actual Rock Band DLC
Songs picked later for Rock Band Blitz

Comments

• I_Love_YouI_Love_You Road Warrior
    edited June 2011
    Don't have much to say, it seems pretty balanced and has quite a few good choices. I'd buy it if it were RB4's setlist, anyway.
  • tdc002tdc002 Road Warrior
    edited June 2011
    SHOW YOUR FACE, 2/5 VOTER!!!!!

Seriously, though, critique IS welcome.

[EDIT]
    Just re-listened to Under Cover of Darkness by The Strokes and realized it sounds like there's this random horn/synth part. So that makes it 56 keys songs.
  • Pwnz0r3dPwnz0r3d Road Warrior
    edited June 2011
    The only thing i've noticed is that we already have Stupify, and pardon me for my music n00bness but the Quiet Riot version of *** on Feel the Noize is a cover of the Slade version correct? Just wondering

Great setlist, i would buy this soley for Sweet Dreams and Enjoy the Silence, but its got some great genre balancing for me
  • GNFfhqwhgadsGNFfhqwhgads 99% Washed Up
    edited June 2011
    Pwnz0r3d;4427372 said:
    the Quiet Riot version of *** on Feel the Noize is a cover of the Slade version correct? Just wondering
    Yeah. Quiet Riot has the (more) popular version, but they hate the song.
  • MegaIronDragonDethMegaIronDragonDeth Post Ratio > 3 a Day
    edited June 2011
    Out of the eight Metal songs, nothing interests me and I'm really into Metal, so if there isn't a good selection, in my opinion, then there's a 50% less chance of me buying it if it were real. This could be because most on here seems to be Hair/Glam and Nu Metal and the rest I either don't like or is already on GH. Just my opinion though.

Also, some day I'd really like to see some Power Metal make it on to a Rock Band setlist that isn't dominated by Metal. Be it a real game's setlist from Harmonix or one done by someone like the OP or others.
  • Scythemaster 37Scythemaster 37 Road Warrior
    edited June 2011
    I'd definitely buy this if it were real. Some of the choices were a little off, but they always are for real Rock Band setlists too, pretty realistic. 4/5!
  • killermurchkillermurch Opening Act
    edited June 2011
    More Prog/Power Metal

Dream Theater, X Japan, Stratovarius, Rush, etc.
  • FlyGuyLXIFlyGuyLXI Headl!ner
    edited June 2011
    I gave you a 3, but I should've given you a 2 for the absence of prog.

Did you just seriously just call Slade metal? And like stated earlier, there's no metal variety.
    edited June 2011
    Finally got around the checking out the replies again.

As for the whole Slade/Quiet Riot thing, I guess there was a screw-up in my notes making this thing. I meant for the Quiet Riot version to be in the setlist and somehow screwed up making the final list. So the Slade version's been dropped and replaced with Quiet Riot. Now there's the same amount of 70s, 80s, and 90s, which was never really my intention.

As for lack of Prog, I originally had "Blood Red Summer" by Coheed and Cambria in the list, but I felt it was getting way too 2000s heavy, so I dropped it. Then Pwnz0r3d pointed out we already have "Stupidy" by Disturbed, so that's been dropped and Coheed's back in, bringing this list to 1 Nu-Metal and 1 Progressive.

Lack of Metal Variety: I knew that when I posted the list. I'm not really a huge metal guy. Originally I wanted to include an Ozzy song, but it was hard to think of a hit that wasn't DLC. I tried for Iron Maiden and had the same problem. To be entirely honest, the sole reason I went with "Sweating Bullets" by Megadeth was because it was in GH5 (I REALLY tried to keep the GH crossover down though in other genres).

On the list as a whole, I tried to keep it at a realistic size. Tons of user's fantasy setlists have 90-100+ tracks and I've always thought that was just ridiculous. I honestly thought 86 was too high when I posted but was too lazy to go back and drop any. A lot of the artists are new to the RB franchise and many are new to rhythm games entirely, I think (not too familiar with Guitar Hero's library, but I doubt Q Lazarus and Richard Hawley are on it).

Kind of surprised no one's brought up the Emo yet. I always thought it was weird we had one Emo track on Rock Band 1, then none on any other RB disc. I'm really not an Emo fan, but it IS an important genre in the history of rock music in the early part of the 2000's, so I was compelled to include a handful of tracks.
  • FlyGuyLXIFlyGuyLXI Headl!ner
    edited June 2011
    tdc002;4428667 said:
    I'm really not an Emo fan, but it IS an important genre in the history of rock music in the early part of the 2000's, so I was compelled to include a handful of tracks.

I don't know if you know or not but the Emo genre got started as an underground punk genre in the mid-80s. I'm not going to be elite about it and not ask you to change the tracks you currently have for emo, but it would be nice to add an ancestor band if you feel it is that important of a genre.

If you want a place to start, I recommend Jawbreaker. I'm not overly fond of punk/emo anymore but I'm just throwing that in there for the rest of us.
    edited June 2011
    Mid 80s? I always thought it was 90s. I was going to include some Sunny Day Real Estate, but decided not to because they've already got like 3 tracks in RBN.

Anyways, Emo didn't exactly come into prominence until the 2000s and was pretty mainstream for a few years, so I felt that was the more important decade to include some tracks from. Like I said before, I'm not really a huge fan of the genre.
    edited June 2011
    Hate to self-bump like this, but Harmonies have officially been marked. I counted 70 but a few may have slipped through the cracks, sometimes they're hard to hear. You know how it is.
    edited July 2011
    Well whaddya know...one of my picks got picked up for DLC. Gonna start bolding songs that wind up as DLC (and I guess the actual RB4 setlist when the time comes), since I'm too lazy to go back and change up the list. Anyways, I'm definitely picking up "Make Some Noise" next week.

Also, I just noticed there's a handful of new votes since the last time I looked at this. Thanks for the positive feedback :D
  • GameMaster439GameMaster439 Road Warrior
    edited July 2011
    3/5, nothing really caught my attention till around the 80's, some 90's. I really liked the 00's though.
  • broncosfan06broncosfan06 Debbie Downer
    edited August 2011
    tdc002;4427299 said:

1960’s:
    -The Beach Boys – God Only Knows (1968, Pop Rock) X H

You win right there.

Pretty got setlist, only two changes I would make...I would change the Elvis Costello song to Alison and I would change the Lady Gaga song to Speechless. But overall a really good setlist.
  • Heavens_SaintHeavens_Saint Rising Star
    edited August 2011
    All I've got to say is, worst Metallica song choice I've seen.
    edited August 2011
    broncosfan06;4466033 said:
    You win right there.

Pretty got setlist, only two changes I would make...I would change the Elvis Costello song to Alison and I would change the Lady Gaga song to Speechless. But overall a really good setlist.
    Haha, God Only Knows is one of my favorite songs of all time and definitely one of the first I thought of when brainstorming the list. Also, I picked Summer Boy because of it really being more of a Pop Rock song (I thought it was No Doubt the first time I heard it). People complained the last Gaga pack was full of synth and not real instruments, Summer Boy does use real instruments.
    Heavens_Saint;4466038 said:
    All I've got to say is, worst Metallica song choice I've seen.
    I mainly picked Turn the Page because there isn't really a lot of 90s Metallica in Rock Band, plus it's an easy song. I hate rhythm games where ALL of the hardest songs are metal (mainly why I think RB2 had the weakest setlist of all 3 games).
    edited August 2011
    Two weeks in a row!! Might pick up Pour Some Sugar On Me next week depending on how the live version sounds.

Can we make it THREE next week?!
  • mmetznermmetzner Opening Act
    edited August 2011
    Great setlist, I'd go pretty crazy if we got anything like this. We seem to have pretty similar taste.
    edited August 2011
    THREE WEEKS IN A ROW WAAAAAT?! Definitely grabbing Sugar We're Goin Down...possibly the whole Fall Out Boy pack. Can we make it FOUR WEEKS?!?

Also, 2/5 voters sure like to remain anonymous, I guess. Seriously, no feedback? Gonna chalk those votes up to jealousy then, I guess. Jealous they didn't make such an awesome list! :D Just kidding...but feedback is appreciated, good and bad.
  • LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    edited August 2011
    Eh, OK, I guess, but nothing really popped out at me to buy. But then again, my idea of epic is either very nostalgic or really challenging, so I'm not one to decide that kind of thing. It's got some good picks, though some of these songs wouldn't be as fun to play as to listen to.

Overall, 7/10.
  • DragonclawDragonclaw Road Warrior
    edited August 2011
    I liked / would buy about 28 songs....so not bad...I gave it a 3
    edited September 2011
    Yyyyyeaaaahhhh. Rock Band's finally getting more Cheap Trick! Definitely picking up Surrender and I Want You To Want Me next week. Maybe the whole three pack. I was originally going to pick I Want You To Want Me for the list, but settled on Surrender because of the keys part.

Kind of surprised so many of these tracks are getting picked for actual DLC so soon after I posted this. I expected to wind up bumping this every few months, not every few weeks haha.

[EDIT]
    bleeeehhh...people that vote low and don't leave a post as to why are the biggest jerks everrrr
  • coolsnoopy97coolsnoopy97 Rising Star
    edited September 2011
    As mentioned before, in dire need of some decent metal outside of just glam. But the classic rock choices aren't bad, so I would possibly buy it.

3/5
    edited September 2011
    Alright, now I'm getting freaked out. Actually, I'd be REALLY freaked out if Why Bother was in the Weezer 3 pack next week.

I'm definitely grabbing Me & Bobby McGee next week and probably the whole Weezer 3 Pack. Maybe not Perfect Situation, I haven't decided yet.
  • coolsnoopy97coolsnoopy97 Rising Star
    edited September 2011
    Sounds like you've been getting loads of songs off your setlist in the last month :)

Unfortunately, I haven't had a single song off mine for a looooong time. Proof that we haven't been getting enough metal lately, I suppose.
  • DesvergerDesverger Opening Act
    edited September 2011

The above songs are already in the game. Otherwise, a setlist I would have no problems purchasing. 4/5
    edited September 2011
    Desverger;4494795 said:

The above songs are already in the game. Otherwise, a setlist I would have no problems purchasing. 4/5

They're covers. Plus both songs have harmonies and Bang a Gong has keys, so I figured they'd be worth getting the real versions (if that were at all possible)
  • DesvergerDesverger Opening Act
    edited September 2011
    tdc002;4494838 said:
    They're covers. Plus both songs have harmonies and Bang a Gong has keys, so I figured they'd be worth getting the real versions (if that were at all possible)

It's true they are covers, but IMO a main disc release should not have versions of songs which are already available. To my knowledge it has not happened before (RB2 came out before the ACDC track pack), and I see no reason why it should happen in the future.

If RB3 versions are possible, they should be released as DLC "RB3".
  • GNFfhqwhgadsGNFfhqwhgads 99% Washed Up
    edited September 2011
    Desverger;4495376 said:
    and I see no reason why it should happen in the future.
    Because this is a theoretical fan-list with no bearing on Harmonix's choices.