Any bands looking for FREE album cover designs???

joescorpionjoescorpion Opening Act
edited February 2012 in The Rock Band Network
My name is Joe Zambri a Graphic Designer from Toronto, Canada and a fellow fan and forum browser of Rock Band. I am just starting out as a Graphic Designer and need some experience in the field f there are any bands out there who are in need of an album cover I will be honoured to design it for you... or even authoring groups in need of brand identity.

After the next couple of artworks I am finishing I will no longer be working for free.
The album covers and projects I am reffering to are Gigakoops- Missing Chromosones, Sky Pie- Self Titled, Daningmarockers logo and the third age of psiber knights book. After these I will start charging.

The fees will work out this way.
-It will be $50 as a flat rate. (This 50 Dollars is to guarantee that you are on board to let me design your work and that the client won't jump ship)
-ThenI will send some concept sketches and works in progress which will cost an additional 50.
-At this point you decide whether you are going want the finished project or to abandon the project. Keep in mind that you have already paid 100 dollars after the concepts and sketches.
-Once the artwork is finshed it will cost 100 dollars additional for the finished product. (This package will include PDF's, TIFFs, Raw Files and JPEG's all the process work and a fantastic finished piece.
-All in all the entire process costs $200. THis may appear to be a bit pricy but it is fairly reasonable and makes alot of sense if you look at it. Graphic Designers need to get paid to.

y style of art is inspired by artists Reymond Pettibon (black Flag) and Art Chantry (Grunge Scene) My artwork provides a unique retro look to it which is lacking in alot of modern album covers... I know this is the wrong sort of place for me to post this... but I figured that some people involved with the Rock Band Network are in bands.

Some of the bands and forum browsers I have worked with so far include:
Alermore
Latenight Symphony
Gigakoops
The Fenton Project
Alermore
Nathaniel Whitlock
Askari Nari
Sky Pie
The Sonship Collective
Triumphant Bass Productions (Brand Identity)
Age Of Psiber Knights (Book Covers)

Comments

• joescorpionjoescorpion Opening Act
    edited June 2011
    Ok man one album cover coming up... I will assure you it will be badass
  • LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    edited June 2011
    joescorpion;4428745 said:
    Ok man one album cover coming up... I will assure you it will be badass

Thanks dude :D
    edited June 2011
    oh by the way... do you have a youtube channel or myspace so i can hear one of your songs... it will help with the creativity

...and what does gigakoops mean lmao
    edited June 2011
    joescorpion;4428749 said:
    oh by the way... do you have a youtube channel or myspace so i can hear one of your songs... it will help with the creativity

...and what does gigakoops mean lmao

I have not completed all my songs, but they will be uploaded to a Youtube channle named GigakoopsMusic (which I haven't created yet, but will in a minute.). It's just a username I've used for websites since four years ago.
    edited June 2011
    alright man well what I do usually with album covers is have a simple colour scheme... I will usually take a photograph and cartoonify it to give it a retro look. I usually use ink and watercolours for imagery... I do things the old fashioned way artwise to give it that old punk album cover look... believe me it will stand out especially for a chiptune. for a rough idea u should look at Black Flag's My War or any artwork by art chantry... overall the look will be something like those but I will turn the theme towards a chiptune apprach
    edited June 2011
    joescorpion;4428757 said:
    alright man well what I do usually with album covers is have a simple colour scheme... I will usually take a photograph and cartoonify it to give it a retro look. I usually use ink and watercolours for imagery... I do things the old fashioned way artwise to give it that old punk album cover look... believe me it will stand out especially for a chiptune. for a rough idea u should look at Black Flag's My War or any artwork by art chantry... overall the look will be something like those but I will turn the theme towards a chiptune apprach

Looks like a good style. Sorry I have no music available, but I can't wait for the art.
  • kingtonyxkingtonyx Unofficial
    edited June 2011
    joescorpion;4428689 said:
    Cool! How is your new stuff coming along?

right now, it's not ._.

I have to bug some people to get the ball rolling
    edited June 2011
    kingtonyx;4428770 said:
    right now, it's not ._.

I have to bug some people to get the ball rolling
    Well that sucks.... I guess we will have to all stick with stereo stereo for now... What is ur first album gonna be called?
    edited June 2011
    Just for reference, when you are done, here's my email:

[email]gigakoops@gmail.com[/email]
    edited June 2011
    joescorpion;4428774 said:
    Well that sucks.... I guess we will have to all stick with stereo stereo for now... What is ur first album gonna be called?

I thought about sticking with the "originality" theme of my band name and making it something like "This Is The King Tony EP" or something hahaha

Maybe I'll think of something better in the meantime.
    edited June 2011
    So is your band name still "I Am King Tony" or did you just cut it down to "King Tony" cuz I think King Tony sounds wayy better. This is the king tony ep sounds pretty cool as a title... but I think it would be cooler if you just dropped out the ep at the end of the title... if there are only a couple of songs on the album people will know it's an e.p.
    edited June 2011
    I can't change the name, I don't want to make a new Facebook page considering I have 140 fans already.

Putting EP in the title sounds better imo, I mean otherwise it's called "This Is The King Tony"...
    edited June 2011
    yes of course what was I thinking I was thinking just This Is King Tony lmao.... but this is the king tony e.p. sounds good as well
  • TubaDude49TubaDude49 Road Warrior
    edited June 2011
    Hey, do you think you could help me make a logo for my authoring group? I have a couple of ideas, and I can make some rough sketches, but I'm not an expert when it comes to graphic design, so I'd probably screw up the final design.
    edited June 2011
    TubaDude49;4429093 said:
    Hey, do you think you could help me make a logo for my authoring group? I have a couple of ideas, and I can make some rough sketches, but I'm not an expert when it comes to graphic design, so I'd probably screw up the final design.

Sounds cool TubaDude if u can send me rough sketches to my email [email]josephzambri@hotmail.com[/email]. I can get a just of what you might be interested in and I can design u a logo.
  • HurrCharterHurrCharter Unsigned
    edited June 2011
    Hey dood. :)

This is our song: The Fenton Project - If We Only Saw in Sepia.

We'd love for you to create an album cover. If you could just put the band name on, it'll be the only thing we need. :) The art can be whatever you want and whatever you think might fit with the song.
    edited June 2011
    Sounds cool HurrCharter is the album gonna have a name or is it just self titled?
    edited June 2011
    It's self-titled... "The Fenton Project" :) You can post it in here when it's ready, I don't really like giving away my personal e-mail. :) Plus the others can see your work!
    edited June 2011
    ok cool
    you know what i already have an image that may be suitable to your album cover. So yours might be ready before everyone elses is
    edited June 2011
    Oh perfect! I'll be eagerly watching the thread in anticipation.
  • DrowGamer77DrowGamer77 Serious Business
    edited June 2011
    I'll help out too!

I'm really good at drawing wieners and butts. If you want that on your album cover...
    edited June 2011
    DrowGamer77;4429216 said:
    I'll help out too!

I'm really good at drawing wieners and butts. If you want that on your album cover...
    Haha nice lmao
    I will put your contribution into consideration lmao
    edited June 2011
    HurrCharter;4429211 said:
    Oh perfect! I'll be eagerly watching the thread in anticipation.
    Ok cool I will need to send you both a jpeg and a pdf... the Jpeg is for online viewing and the pdf for print... if you print a jpeg it will get pixelated... and posting pdfs online (even though they have better quality is not possible...

also i will create one with a regular photograph and one cartoonified... the cartoonified one will take way longer but will look way more awesome...
    edited June 2011
    edited June 2011
    I don't think I can post images via rock band.com so i will post it on my blog u can leave me feedback there... also your band sounds awesome.
    http://cinemetalbloghog.wordpress.com/2011/06/22/the-fenton-project-album-cover-1st-draft/
    This is only the Jpeg so the type is a little pixelated perhaps if I can send you an email eventually I can send the high quality pdf.
    edited June 2011
    The album art is very nice, and the description is magnificent- it really gives insight as to what exactly you were trying to get at. It also helps that it looks incredibly professional and well made, as well. :) That said, however, what we really were trying to get across with the title was a sort of equality, a freedom. Something that a lot of people could relate to. A bright light in the future, a sort of happiness, a happy life. Any chance for a second take? xD If not, I understand. Thanks a lot, though, the album art, as I said, looks professional and has a distinct reasoning behind it :)
    edited June 2011
    ok I can see what I can do for you man... It won't be as fast because before I already had the photograph and it was already in sephia lmao. So it might be ready within a week give or take
  • EpicPro2010EpicPro2010 Unsigned
    edited June 2011
    If you can message me on facebook my name is Christopher Daniel Norris. Im very interested in this thanks a lot!
    edited June 2011
    EpicPro2010;4429284 said:
    If you can message me on facebook my name is Christopher Daniel Norris. Im very interested in this thanks a lot!

Ok man i added you on facebook so let me know what you would like
    edited June 2011
    Finished the drawing for the Fenton Projects album cover... now I need to scan it incorporate the type and then it's ready to go.
This discussion has been closed.