DLC Discussion: Week of 6/28 - Poison 3-Pack and 3 Doors Down 3-Pack!

MagnetMagnet Moderator
edited July 2011 in Rock Band
hmxhenry;4429861 said:
Hey gang!

Next week we'll be adding two 3 packs to the RB library, including the long overdue addition of Poison, which should hopefully flesh out the hair band options a bit for the longtime faithful on the forums.

Poison will make their Rock Band debut next week with a three pack of hits – “Nothin’ but a Good Time” from 1988’s Open Up and Say … Ahh!, “Unskinny Bop” from 1990’s Flesh & Blood and “Talk Dirty To Me” from their debut album, Look What the Cat Dragged In.

Rockers 3 Doors Down are adding to their Rock Band catalog with a three pack of songs next week that will include “Here Without You”, “When I’m Gone” and “When You’re Young”, the first single from their new album Time of My Life, which will be released July 19, 2011.

Each band will also have one Pro Guitar upgrade available. Enjoy!

Available on Xbox 360, Wii and PlayStation®3 system (June 28):

• 3 Doors Down – “Here Without You”
• 3 Doors Down – “When I’m Gone” X
• 3 Doors Down – “When You’re Young”
• Poison – “Nothin’ but a Good Time” X
• Poison – “Talk Dirty To Me”
• Poison – “Unskinny Bop”

(These tracks will be available in Europe on PlayStation®3 system June 29)

These tracks will be available for purchase as “Poison Pack 01”, “3 Doors Down Pack 01” and as individual tracks on Xbox 360, PlayStation®3 system and Wii. Tracks marked with “X” will include Pro Guitar and Pro Bass expansions for $0.99 per song.

Price:

$1.99 USD, £.99 UK, €1.49 EU (160 Microsoft Points) per song
$2.00 USD (200 Wii Points™) per song
$0.99 USD (100 Wii Points/80 Microsoft Points), £0.59 UK, €0.79 EU per song for eligible Pro Guitar/Pro Bass upgrade
$5.49, £2.49 UK, €3.99 EU (440 Microsoft Points, 550 Wii Points) for 3 Doors Down Pack 01
$5.49, £2.49 UK, €3.99 EU (440 Microsoft Points, 550 Wii Points) for Poison Pack 01

** Dates for Rock Band game tracks are tentative and subject to change. **

RBN:

Xbox 360 RBN releases for Thursday, 6/23/2011
Alternative

* Action Action - "Masters of Puppet Rock" (160 MSP)
* I Am Cassettes - "The Exit" (160 MSP)

Metal

* Bonded By Blood - "Prototype Death Machine" (160 MSP)
* Chaotrope - "Diachylon" (80 MSP)
* Destruction of a Rose - "Rise and Shine" (160 MSP)
* Destruction of a Rose - "Rise and Shine (2x Bass Pedal)" (160 MSP)
* Veil of Maya - "Namaste" (160 MSP)
* Wargasm - "Underground (2x Bass Pedal)" (160 MSP)

Pop/Dance/Electronic

* dB Soundworks - "Betus Blues (Retro Remix)" (80 MSP)

Pop-Rock

* Buckner & Garcia - "Froggy's Lament" (160 MSP)
* Buckner & Garcia - "Hyperspace" (160 MSP)
* Buckner & Garcia - "Mousetrap" (160 MSP)
* Buckner & Garcia - "Pac-Man Fever" (160 MSP)
PS3 RBN releases for Tuesday, 6/28/2011 (Wednesday, 6/29/2011 in Europe)
* Amberian Dawn - "The Curse" ($1.99)
* Lazarus A.D. - "Thou Shall Not Fear" ($0.99)
* Nightrage - "A Grim Struggle" ($1.99)
* NightShade - "The Depths of Memory" ($1.99)
* The Walkmen - "Angela Surf City" ($1.99)
Discuss, but don't talk dirty to me.

Comments

• dmbdawdmbdaw Road Warrior
    edited June 2011
  • HeyRilesHeyRiles Besse's Girl
    edited June 2011
    Magnet looks good when he makes those posts. I hate to see you leave, but I love to watch you go

Yay for songs that are pretty good and just make it over my purchase threshold :D
  • ChaosraidenChaosraiden Opening Act
    edited June 2011
    No , Every Rose has it's thorn omission WAAAAH
  • Doom878Doom878 Road Warrior
    edited June 2011
    I'll likely get Poison. Was hoping for 3DD It's Not My Time for a pro upgrade.
  • azzaman333azzaman333 Road Warrior
    edited June 2011
    Poison, hell no.

3 Doors Down goes on my list of DLC to buy, but nowhere near the top.
  • Tom ImpTom Imp Road Warrior
    edited June 2011
    I'm actually surprised there is no "Something To Believe In" as that song takes the most advantage of the keys, but overall I'm very happy with the selection. Everything for me this week. :)
  • Catch-22Catch-22 Road Warrior
    edited June 2011
    The Poison pack contained my top 3 choices for Rock Band so that's a buy as is When I'm Gone.
  • thebobmasterthebobmaster Unsigned
    edited June 2011
    Like others, I was surprised to see no "Every Rose Has its Thorn". Will be getting "Talk Dirty to Me", "Nothin' But a Good Time", and "Here Without You". The other 3DD songs, I'll have to listen to, and I have no interest in "Unskinny Bop".

Edit: After listening, I'm getting "When I'm Gone", and maybe "When You're Young".
  • geo731geo731 Opening Act
    edited June 2011
    Just need another 3 pack from poison :
    Every rose has its thorn
    Something to believe in
    Your mama don't dance

That said two great packs from to great artists. All winners in my book.
  • madillmamadillma Rising Star
    edited June 2011
    Poison is way too happy.
    3 doors down is way too sad.

Heh, When You're Young sounds pretty good though, I might get that one.
  • Lord_MhoramLord_Mhoram Road Warrior
    edited June 2011
    The Poison pack and When I'm gone for me.

And the RBN was the Buckner and Garcia tracks, and the Chaotrope song.
  • LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    edited June 2011
    Just listened to the songs. Count this as the third consecutive week of me getting everything. Damn, HMX, you're awesome!
  • Jarr3tt88Jarr3tt88 Opening Act
    edited June 2011
    WOOOOOOOOOOOO! HMX you did it again :D Another two of my favorite bands! Excellent pro guitar choices <3
  • robbieconrobbiecon Road Warrior
    edited June 2011
    The forums seem to be getting better at predicting what will come out. I know we knew there was a Poison 3 pack coming, but still many people said it'll be this week.

My question is what happened to The Weight (Live) by The Band? That was leaked a long time ago now, and still no sign of it.
  • murphmurph Rising Star
    edited June 2011
    YESSSSSSSSSSS! Break out the mullet wigs for next week!
  • TheDescentTheDescent Road Warrior
    edited June 2011
    Can't really say, I don't like When You're Young but I like Here Without You and When you're gone (especially this, here without you wil be a bore except for vocals and guitar)... can't say anything about poison... the pack is really worth it, would have replaced unskinny bop with every rose, but it's ok.

Those will just go on my wishlist.
  • samjjonessamjjones Road Warrior
    edited June 2011
    Also not a big fan of "Unskinny Bop", but the other two are pretty classic 80's guitar riffs.

"Every Rose Has Its Thorn" is obviously being saved for the inevitable "SEPTEMBER POWER BALLADS PACK"...
  • nineisminenineismine Opening Act
    edited June 2011
    Cant believe every rose was omitted though..... COME ON!!!!!!!!
  • ThatLattyThatLatty Opening Act
    edited June 2011
    Awesome, another week of me buying everything.

I definitely agree that the selection has been good since the split from MTV.

I'm hoping to see some Breaking Benjamin soon.
  • dschex199dschex199 Opening Act
    edited June 2011
    Hmmm... Poison has a pretty good pack right here. I don't really care for 3 Doors Down, but good for those who wanted it.

But I see a pattern here...
    A7X songs were announced, then 2 weeks later, Poison pack was announced.
    The order of the bands announced in that RB Summer DLC thread were A7X -> Poison -> System Of A Down -> Soundgarden.
    If my prediction is correct, System Of A Down is only two weeks away, and Soundgarden is a month away! (but hey, I could be wrong...)
  • edited June 2011
    Pointblank41;4430606 said:
    couldn't agree with you more, their song selection since they've become independent has been spectacular

Glad folks have been pleased with the DLC lately! There's still a lot of amazing stuff in the pipeline, should should make for some excellent RB parties this summer.
  • RockBandRockerRockBandRocker Love Is A Battleship
    edited June 2011
    Nice Poison pack, but in my opinion, it should have been a 4 pack that included "Every Rose Has It's Thorn" so we could've knocked out all the songs of theirs that appeared in the Guitar Hero series and Band Hero.

Nice to see that we're getting "When I'm Gone" and "Here Without You", the only 3 Doors Down songs that I can stand to listen to with any frequency without wanting to slice my ears off (I'm talking about you, "Kryptonite").
  • kingtonyxkingtonyx Unofficial
    edited June 2011
    I'll get 3 Doors Down and the Poison songs that aren't "Unskinny Bop"

Just had this exact 3 Doors Down pack in my DLC weeks not long ago.
  • MileycyrussouljaMileycyrussoulja Road Warrior
    edited June 2011
    Surprised no Every Rose Has Its Thorn, but good week overall! Might get the Poison tracks.
  • SayburrSayburr The Always Informative Rock Band Forum Guru
    edited June 2011
    I hate "Unskinny Bop" with a passion, but will get the other two songs... Still thinking about 3 Doors Down, however. I like the songs, but they just don't excite me enough to want to jump on them.

Anyway, with the two Poision songs, I will be one song away from 1,000 (ended up not getting any of the Live songs).

Lets see... '86 was when the cat got dragged in... Highschool was just a memory for me and I had two of my three children by then (Heather was born in April of '86)... Even at that age I wasn't sure about the gender of the band, so I know there had to be quite a few discussions in the sixth grade...
  • PankrazzoPankrazzo Road Warrior
    edited June 2011
    3 Doors Down are bland as hell, but the Poison pack is very good, really happy to get the original Talk Dirty to Me.
  • WitticusWitticus VERY DEEP
    edited June 2011
    I was hoping for more first album 3-Doors Down like Duck and Run or Loser. Oh well good to see them return to Rock Band, these guys were the first concert I ever went to.
  • SkodeSkode Headliner
    edited June 2011
    I kinda had a feeling one of the previously announced summer DLC bands were gonna hit us this week so Poison was no great surprise nor for that matter were the tracks i guess. 3 Doors Down though was a nice treat - was wondering if we were going to get any more of them just the other day and am delighted to see not just the normal single as seems to be them in Rock Band but a full pack. All in all im very happy with whats on offer this week.
  • TedroxTedrox Unsigned
    edited June 2011
    I was kind of hoping for Every Rose, even if it was an obvious choice. Won't be getting anything this week unless the charts are super amazing, but I just bought the Ozzy pack so I have something to tide me over!
  • HetzHetz Rising Star
    edited June 2011
    hmxhenry;4430659 said:
    Glad folks have been pleased with the DLC lately! There's still a lot of amazing stuff in the pipeline, should should make for some excellent RB parties this summer.

Yep, there have been great songs for DLC ever since RB3 came out. I love the classic rock and hope for more of it, but I also like more recent bands like Maroon 5 and Puddle of Mudd.

Great Poison songs this week.....hopefully Something To Believe In by Poison will be out at some point, since it seems like a great fit with the Piano. :)