I Desperately Need Help With This Error

HillcrestPunkHillcrestPunk Unsigned
edited June 2011 in The Rock Band Network
I have this really annoying error that I can't make go away. I've searched for answers and I've tried everything, but nothing works.

I've got everything set, but the one thing stopping me is the drum mix text events.

I'm using the RBN 2 Template, and starting in PART DRUMS section, it only has the text event: PART DRUMS, so I added in the mix events as they showed up in the RBN 1 Template. Doing this gives me this exact compiler error:

Build started at 2:18 AM.
Reading the archive
SystemInit Params: C:\Program Files (x86)\Harmonix Music Systems\Magma v2\MagmaCompiler.exe -have_lock C:\Users\Tyler\Desktop\Succubus RB.rbproj C:\Users\Tyler\Desktop\Succubus RB.rba -mutex HMX_Magma_1211132312186205110157
Project Compiler: Reading project 'C:\Users\Tyler\Desktop\Succubus RB.rbproj'...
Project Compiler: Entering Phase 1 of 5...
Metadata Compiler: Starting...
Metadata Compiler: Done.
Project Compiler: Entering Phase 2 of 5...
MIDI Compiler: Starting...
ERROR: MIDI Compiler: (PART DRUMS): MIDI track name event must appear at 1:1:000; found track name '[mix 0 drums3]' at 1:1:120
MIDI Compiler: Done.
ERROR: Project Compiler: Midi compiler failed.
Build ended at 2:18 AM.

Okay, so according to this, the problem is that the text events have to be set at 1:1:000, simple enough...so I do just that and then...

Build started at 2:20 AM.
Reading the archive
SystemInit Params: C:\Program Files (x86)\Harmonix Music Systems\Magma v2\MagmaCompiler.exe -have_lock C:\Users\Tyler\Desktop\Succubus RB.rbproj C:\Users\Tyler\Desktop\Succubus RB.rba -mutex HMX_Magma_11209184139118351713
Project Compiler: Reading project 'C:\Users\Tyler\Desktop\Succubus RB.rbproj'...
Project Compiler: Entering Phase 1 of 5...
Metadata Compiler: Starting...
Metadata Compiler: Done.
Project Compiler: Entering Phase 2 of 5...
MIDI Compiler: Starting...
ERROR: MIDI Compiler: (PART DRUMS): Track contains multiple track name events (PART DRUMS and [mix 0 drums3])
MIDI Compiler: Done.
ERROR: Project Compiler: Midi compiler failed.
Build ended at 2:20 AM.

Which ends up taking me to this ridiculous paradox-esque situation. I take the submix events off of 1:1:000 and it yells at me for not having it on 1:1:000, so then I put it on 1:1:000, and then it yells at me for it being there. What do I do? This literally all that is stopping me from auditioning my track.

Comments

• LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    edited June 2011
    Try the Rock Band Forums site:

creators.rockband.com/forums/

and go to authoring advice. They should know a lot about this.
  • Tego1inTego1in Road Warrior
    edited June 2011
    This one seems simple enough to post here, but any more complex ones would be better at the creators forum.

The mixes can be anywhere before the song starts.
    The issue is with the event type.
    Double-click on the mix events and check if the type is set to "Text Event"
    According to the error, the text event "[mix 0 drums3]" has the type set to "Track Name" instead of "Text Event"

That should fix it.