RBN DLC Discussion: 06/23/2011

Casto21Casto21 Rock and Roll Statistician
edited June 2011 in The Rock Band Network
*If entire line is linked then it goes to a youtube video, if just track name is linked then it goes to song page.

Artist - "Song Title" (Price)

New to XBOX on 06/23/2011

Alternative
Action Action - "Masters of Puppet Rock" (160 MSP)
I Am Cassettes - "The Exit" (160 MSP)

Metal
Bonded By Blood - "Prototype Death Machine" (160 MSP)
Chaotrope - "Diachylon" (80 MSP)
Destruction of a Rose - "Rise and Shine" (160 MSP)
Destruction of a Rose - "Rise and Shine (2x Bass Pedal)" (160 MSP)
Veil of Maya - "Namaste" (160 MSP)
Wargasm - "Underground (2x Bass Pedal)" (160 MSP)

Pop/Dance/Electronic
dB Soundworks - "Betus Blues (Retro Remix)" (80 MSP)

Pop-Rock
Buckner & Garcia - "Froggy's Lament" (160 MSP)
Buckner & Garcia - "Hyperspace" (160 MSP)
Buckner & Garcia - "Mousetrap" (160 MSP)
Buckner & Garcia - "Pac-Man Fever" (160 MSP)

New to PS3 on 06/28/2011

Metal
Amberian Dawn - "The Curse" ($1.99)
Lazarus A.D. - "Thou Shall Not Fear" ($0.99)
Nightrage - "A Grim Struggle" ($1.99)
NightShade - "The Depths of Memory" ($1.99)

Rock
The Walkmen - "Angela Surf City" ($1.99)

Comments

• TheOzoneTheOzone Road Warrior
    edited June 2011
    Eww, way too much Pop-Rock.
  • JerkinatorJerkinator Road Warrior
    edited June 2011
    Too many $2 songs of late. RBN is a place for more unknowns and I get that they can charge $2 per song instead of $1, but it makes it a hell of a lot less likely that I'll get it. Nobody at a party is gonna say: "Oh, you've got that song!" to 99% of whats on RBN, so likely I'll just end up playing it by myself. Not worth the investment when all major artists that come to RB via DLC cost the same.
  • ArcanonArcanon Rising Star
    edited June 2011
    TheOzone;4429926 said:

And not nearly enough METAL

I honestly wish I had more MSP for a lot of these releases. Good stuff.
  • DragoonXDDragoonXD Road Warrior
    edited June 2011
    TheOzone;4429926 said:
    You mean way too much pop-rock that doesn't really interest me (though I bought them anyways).

"The Exit" is a great song, everyone should check that one out.
  • Casto21Casto21 Rock and Roll Statistician
    edited June 2011
    TheOzone;4429926 said:

I know, who would do such a thing.

I'm grabbing all 4 of them.
  • AnotherChrisAnotherChris Unsigned
    edited June 2011
    Casto21;4429958 said:
    I know, who would do such a thing.

I'm grabbing all 4 of them.
    This. Though it may reflect poorly on my tastes, this has been my favorite week for RBN ever. :P
  • LunaticSoulLunaticSoul Rising Star
    edited June 2011
    I still have to buy last week releases, can't skip the Prog week on PS3.. This week I only like the techno breakdown inside that NightShade song, but it's not enough.. Paaaaass!
  • FlyGuyLXIFlyGuyLXI Headl!ner
    edited June 2011
    Nothing, but I do have to still get that Van Friscia song from 2 weeks ago.

Also, I almost thought we were getting Cynic's "Veil of Maya" and not a band called the same thing.
  • JasonofindyJasonofindy Opening Act
    edited June 2011
    Casto21;4429916 said:
    Seriously? Three weeks of RBN2.0 releases, and we still can't have "Blue." It is not like it sold poorly.
  • DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
    edited June 2011
    Jasonofindy;4430037 said:
    Seriously? Three weeks of RBN2.0 releases, and we still can't have "Blue." It is not like it sold poorly.

I agree.. and of course we are back to getting all metal...
    BS to put it the nice way :)
  • SeymourDuncan17SeymourDuncan17 Road Warrior
    edited June 2011
    WHA? How dare you price the Pac-Man Fever songs at 2 bucks each.

*grumble*

*buys them*
  • JasonofindyJasonofindy Opening Act
    edited June 2011
    Dangimarocker;4430045 said:
    I agree.. and of course we are back to getting all metal...
    BS to put it the nice way :)

It also seems kind of like a strange decision to not release the RBN2.0 Seether song considering Seether is the RBN artist of the month. However, it has only been out on 360 for 5 weeks. Is 360 exclusivity 30 days or 60 days? If the latter, then that explains it.
  • edited June 2011
    Just FYI, starting this week we'll also be adding the RBN releases in the first post of the main DLC discussion thread. I'm fine with having a specific thread in here as well, though.
  • GraffinGraffin Rising Star
    edited June 2011
    No "Blue" and still no "Sick, Sick, Sick". Instead it's yet more unknown bands, mostly metal. I haven't bought a single RBN 2.0 track, and at this rate, won't.

It's too bad they didn't port over the rest of the RBN 1.0 titles... or at least the ones for bands that are actually well known like Apples in Stereo and Gomez.
  • Casto21Casto21 Rock and Roll Statistician
    edited June 2011
    Graffin;4430089 said:
    It's too bad they didn't port over the rest of the RBN 1.0 titles... or at least the ones for bands that are actually well known BY ME like Apples in Stereo and Gomez.

Fixed that for you.

Not sure why Blue has not been ported but there has to be a reason, it sold insanely well on xbox.
  • MegaIronDragonDethMegaIronDragonDeth Post Ratio > 3 a Day
    edited June 2011
    I'll check out some of the Metal tracks and may get them, but I probably won't because I'd rather save up for DLC I want much more that may come tomorrow but probably won't but I'm not taking any chances and will see what's the official DLC tomorrow. So if I do not care for the DLC released tomorrow, then I will probably buy at least one Metal track as long as they aren't all Metalcore. Which I expect isn't the case because I think I remember Wargasm is a Thrash Metal band.
  • TheDescentTheDescent Road Warrior
    edited June 2011
    Graffin;4430089 said:
    No "Blue" and still no "Sick, Sick, Sick". Instead it's yet more unknown bands, mostly metal. I haven't bought a single RBN 2.0 track, and at this rate, won't.

It's too bad they didn't port over the rest of the RBN 1.0 titles... or at least the ones for bands that are actually well known like Apples in Stereo and Gomez.

Well, you don't like metal, and you don't like Jukebox In The Ghost, A Silent Film, Andromeda (that is PROG, not metal), Bloom and Parry Gripp (though I don't like that song)...

even If I agree with you that this week brings nothing spectacular (and I'm not getting anything) the last two weeks releases were pretty good...
  • DragoonXDDragoonXD Road Warrior
    edited June 2011
    MegaIronDragonDeth;4430115 said:
    I'll check out some of the Metal tracks and may get them, but I probably won't because I'd rather save up for DLC I want much more that may come tomorrow but probably won't but I'm not taking any chances and will see what's the official DLC tomorrow. So if I do not care for the DLC released tomorrow, then I will probably buy at least one Metal track as long as they aren't all Metalcore. Which I expect isn't the case because I think I remember Wargasm is a Thrash Metal band.
    Both Wargasm and Bonded by Blood are great thrash metal tracks.
  • cardinals1992cardinals1992 Unsigned
    edited June 2011
    im so tired of amberian dawn on ps3. i havent bought one track from them yet they have probly 30 songs from them. i dont care if theyre on there thats fine but why is it that august burns red and haste the day have 2 of the most sold songs on rbn and yet they cant come over to ps3?
  • FairwoodStudiosFairwoodStudios Road Warrior
    edited June 2011
    edited June 2011
    DragoonXD;4430135 said:
    Both Wargasm and Bonded by Blood are great thrash metal tracks.

I got the Bonded by Blood track and really like it, plus a track from the Prog Metal band Chaotrope and like it too and the Chaotrope song is surprisingly also very fun on bass for me plus guitar, though I wouldn't recomend it for keyboard players because it has about maybe 10 keyboard notes in it.
    edited June 2011
    FairwoodStudios;4430205 said:
    You might want this Betus Blues video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mh_aj-IlNyM

I will download that song for sure if no official DLC is released tomorrow which I really want.

Edit. I just looked at the price and it's 80 msp, so it's a definit buy for me tomorrow because, it's too late today to get it and play it now.
    edited June 2011
    cardinals1992;4430195 said:
    im so tired of amberian dawn on ps3. i havent bought one track from them yet they have probly 30 songs from them. i dont care if theyre on there thats fine but why is it that august burns red and haste the day have 2 of the most sold songs on rbn and yet they cant come over to ps3?

Ehh... I have bad news for you (and for me as well)... thos songs won't ever come to PS3. They were part of the RBN1.0 bunch, and now we're getting only RBN2.0 stuff. So we'll never be able to get

Augustus Burn Red
    Haste The Day
    Lettuce
    Gomez
    Rainbowdragoneyes
    Oceano
    Portugal. The Man.
    Dirge Within
    Bumblefoot

just to name few.

BUT HEY WE GOT LARKSPUR! AWESOME!
  • ArcanonArcanon Rising Star
    edited June 2011
    TheDescent;4430459 said:
    So we'll never be able to get

Rainbowdragoneyes

Well, we do have another track of his coming, so there's still a chance for Rainbowdragoneyes on PS3. (Hopefully.) It just won't be Creatures. Sorry. :(
    edited June 2011
    arcanon;4430463 said:
    well, we do have another track of his coming, so there's still a chance for rainbowdragoneyes on ps3. (hopefully.) it just won't be creatures. Sorry. :(

or maybe creatures ov deception rb3 version!

Please let this dream come true!
  • Lord_MhoramLord_Mhoram Road Warrior
    edited June 2011
    It was just the Buckner and Garcia and the Chaotrope for me this week.
    edited June 2011
    cardinals1992;4430195 said:
    Solid? Definitely your opinion.
    I cannot stand either one of those.. and glad they didn't make it over.
    I don't like Amberian either really.. Koko's probably their best song.

I've decided I'll just get the Amberian (because i buy their songs for guitar) and that Rock track for PS3 rbn this week.. really disappointed.
    edited June 2011
    TheDescent;4430459 said:
    Ehh... I have bad news for you (and for me as well)... thos songs won't ever come to PS3. They were part of the RBN1.0 bunch, and now we're getting only RBN2.0 stuff. So we'll never be able to get

Augustus Burn Red
    Haste The Day
    Lettuce
    Gomez
    Rainbowdragoneyes
    Oceano
    Portugal. The Man.
    Dirge Within
    Bumblefoot

just to name few.

BUT HEY WE GOT LARKSPUR! AWESOME!

I must be the only one who downloaded Larkspur and won't ever play it again. :\
    edited June 2011
    I'm really enjoying the Chaotrope song and just found out they have like 8 other tracks on RBN. Now I have all their tracks from RBN except 1 because I ran out of MSP. By the way, most of the Chaotrope songs are impossible for me, so if you're looking for a challenge (on guitar), then I'd probably recomend Reaper, and Diachylon.