Last.fm integration suggestion

neswiineswii Unsigned
edited June 2011 in The Rock Band Network
So, I'm really into the idea of buying songs into the rock band network, and so far I've bought over 80 songs, but finding bands I like is a pain, and the in game suggestions don't work either, so what I propose is a sort of filter, that compares rock band network artists to my last fm library of artists and offers content based on what the two have in common. Its rather simple really and should be doable since the xbox has last.fm integration.

Of course actual in game integration may be a bit far fetched so at least a web based rss feed that lets me know when new content reaches that matches stuff in my last profile would be amazing. I do check a wikipedia page for easier browsing of new stuff, but this may be much more convenient for when i add new stuff to my last library that may already be here. This integration could help boost your dlc sales, since I have many friends who use last that dont know of all the new content you guys put in.

Comments

• FlyGuyLXIFlyGuyLXI Headl!ner
    edited June 2011
    On paper, it doesn't sound like a bad idea.

But I can't see this working at all. They have to get involved with CBS, money will probably be involved, it's just not worth it in the long run. There has to be a serious amount of paperwork for something that isn't technically game-changing.
  • neswiineswii Unsigned
    edited June 2011
    Hmm, shame really, I use last.fm on all of my devices and in a month i've built over 1k plays and it now reflects pretty much my whole library. I suggested last integration because it seemed to be the easiest, but if the rock band network could introduce a sort of notifications system in which one could enter the name of all of the artists I have on my library and be notified of any new releases that would be good.

With the many additions that are made month by month they seriously need to implement a smoother shopping experience, like a wishlist for example. I don't know, I have RB2 and 3 and I see so many missing obvious things and I can only wonder... Is DLC important to this franchise? I thought it was the only thing keeping it alive, if it is, they seriously need to reinforce it.
  • DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
    edited June 2011
    I have opened my music taste a lot thanks to the RBN.
    I don't base a song off a 30 second preview anymore.. because some previews are horrible.
  • MySummerJobMySummerJob Road Warrior
    edited June 2011
    Dangimarocker;4432191 said:

I don't base a song off a 30 second preview anymore.. because some previews are horrible.
    The opposite happens for me some times =/

There the preview sounds great, but you go to play it and the overall song sucks -_-

Then I end up deleting it, luckily that only happened once =P
  • neswiineswii Unsigned
    edited June 2011
    I've had my couple of bad experiences with previews too. I just search youtube for the full songs though, I never trust those 30 second previews. Also, I was thinking earlier about something pretty neat, I personally rate my songs in rock band 3, i took the time to rate every song from 1 to 5 stars, so I think it would be great if the RBN gave recommendations based on which of my songs have 4 and 5 stars. That way it can even use even songs from the game to recommend new stuff. That seems more effective than the notifications system and should be very easy to implement.
  • FlyGuyLXIFlyGuyLXI Headl!ner
    edited June 2011
    MySummerJob;4432257 said:
    The opposite happens for me some times =/

There the preview sounds great, but you go to play it and the overall song sucks -_-

Then I end up deleting it, luckily that only happened once =P

The way things have been lately, even a 5 second preview is enough to turn me off to most of the stuff. The stuff that doesn't I usually try to find a full preview on Youtube.
  • zemanator1zemanator1 Unsigned
    edited June 2011
    neswii;4432186 said:
    Hmm, shame really, I use last.fm on all of my devices and in a month i've built over 1k plays and it now reflects pretty much my whole library..

I would love the last.fm integration, ive been using it since 07, 08 and have almost 90K plays now, but that stretches like 300 bands, and if you have a really wide range of music tastes, it would start suggesting a LOT of different things

also, being involved with the RBN testing process, you get the chance to test songs in advance and to look at songs that may be a "maybe" later on and decide before it even comes out. you also get to help the authors catch mistakes and the like