The New WWE Thread

kingtonyxkingtonyx Unofficial
edited June 2012 in Less Rokk More Talk
I can't find the old one so I figured I would just start this fresh.

We just witnessed probably the best promo in 10 years last night...

right here

Thoughts?

Comments

• edited June 2011
    Punk's promo blew my mind. Whether it was scripted or not, it's pretty clear a lot of it came from the heart and I'm sure it's what a lot of people in the locker room are thinking. It certainly hit a nerve with the fans, and any time you can't tell whether or not something in wrestling is part of the story then that's a success in my book.

Can't wait to see how this plays out. RAW is coming to town next month and I'm getting tickets. It'll be the first time I've seen a live event since 1994 when I saw Hacksaw Jim Duggan wrestle Ric Flair at the Cape Cod Melody Tent. I am excited.
  • kingtonyxkingtonyx Unofficial
    edited June 2011
    I think it was scripted but by Punk and then run by Vince. The lines are so blurred it's crazy.

The best thing is that a lot of the guys in the back have no idea what's real or if Punk is leaving or not.

RAW live is always fun, and this one should be really good. Should be awesome to be there!
  • RenrockRenrock Too bland to be banned
    edited June 2011
    Definitely part of the show, but one of the best segments in years. If you go back and watch it, you'll even see where they put up the end of the show legal copyright stuff at the end of the Truth/Cena match and not as the show faded off the air as usual.

Think my biggest gripe is they had something this great but had to use it on a night where they taped 2 Raws back to back. It would have been better to let the fans marinate for a week about what happened with Punk, if it was real or not etc, rather than get next weeks show spoilers 2 hours later.

Sure, lots of the common fans won't see any online spoilers, but the same super internet fans they're trying to lure in with that speech will, so I think the conversations of real or fake die down as a result. Was a nice touch to see them suspend Punk on WWE.com, eliminate his profile from the website, and even take down his WWE Facebook page, but again, I think it could've really had people scratching their heads in disbelief all week if it was just a normal week of Raw.

Still, it was brilliant. :p

Also, Henry vs Show vs Steel Cage wall. . . wow!
    edited June 2011
    Yeah it was weird of them to do it that way. Although I guess they didn't really have much of a choice considering the time frame.

Mark Henry has been super impressive as of late. I've always thought he could be a big deal. I'd be surprised if he wasn't World Champion in the near future, at least for a month or two.
  • RenrockRenrock Too bland to be banned
    edited June 2011
    kingtonyx;4434255 said:

Mark Henry has been super impressive as of late. I've always thought he could be a big deal. I'd be surprised if he wasn't World Champion in the near future, at least for a month or two.

Henry and Show have to be neck and neck as far as getting super pushes then dropped back down to the depths of the roster. They even had fans getting behind and cheering for Henry last time just by having him raise his hand, but then they just drop it.
  • Rock_StarmanRock_Starman Headliner
    edited June 2011
    Now hopefully they don't screw this up like just about every other time recently someone had huge momentum. JoMo at the start of the year,Nexus,Kofi after the Orton stuff...

There's some wrestling related stuff with Raven and a couple of the ROH Shimmer girls for what I guess counts as the new Smashing Pumpkins video: http://consequenceofsound.net/2011/06/video-smashing-pumpkins-owata/

Which reminds me of that time Billy Corgan blasted Steve Corino with a guitar in ECW but I couldn't find that clip anywhere.
  • dinomandinoman Rising Star
    edited July 2011
    The MitB ppv was awesome :D i can't wait to watch RAW :D
    edited July 2011
    MITB was probably the best PPV in a long long time
    edited July 2011
    Yah since TLC. Wasn't that long. But in terms of being an all time great,yes.
    I love how Punk was keeping the title in his fridge.
  • CCDaDonCCDaDon Headliner
    edited July 2011
    CM Punk has been my favorite since I went on his website in 04 and was immediately met with a picture of him flipping me off.
    edited July 2011
    Did... CM Punk just come out to Cult of Personality by Living Colour?
    edited July 2011
    Yep, just like in 2005 for Ring Of Honor when it was the Summer Of Punk.
  • KarioChartsJerryKarioChartsJerry Opening Act
    edited July 2011
    Recently, I've been loving the CM Punk stuff, I even had Kario watching the stuff and following CM Punk.
  • edited July 2011
    Punk has been amazing. This spot from the Jimmy Kimmel show is unbelievably cool, totally gives him the right push as a lovable rogue, very much in the style of The Rock.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pVCSN5sg5eQ&feature=channel_video_title
    edited July 2011
    loved the Kimmel appearance

also loved the return, he was all "hey Cena, nice $250 replica you've got there"
    edited July 2011
    Hopefully they'll both be in the garbage soon. I like Zack's new one. Hope they didn't spend the money for a WWE title on that.
  • KarioChartsJerryKarioChartsJerry Opening Act
    edited August 2011
    That poll result was such BS.
    edited August 2011
    Meanwhile, TNA continues to bury the interest in their product with unexplainable swerves and dead end story lines. Kurt Angle cheating to beat Sting, after him saying over and over that he wants to finally beat sting cleanly, and that BS they have going with Kendrick and Abyss for the x-division title.
  • bmanincbmaninc Wetter of Fine Pants
    edited August 2011
    I only watch bits and pieces of Raw (basically the CM Punk bits) and its been pretty good lately. I couldn't sit down and watch the whole product though.
    edited August 2011
    CM Punk is single handedly restoring interest into the WWE product. Wow @ the last segment of RAW
    edited August 2011
    WWE '12 full roster announced.

Raw:

John Cena, John Morrison, Kofi Kingston, R-Truth, Husky Harris, Santino Marella, David Otunga, Evan Bourne, Goldust, Zack Ryder, Mason Ryan, Triple H, The Miz, Alex Riley, Alberto Del Rio, Rey Mysterio, Michael McGuillicuty, Big Show, Dolph Ziggler, Drew McIntyre, Mr. McMahon, CM Punk

Smackdown:

Ted DiBiase, Mark Henry, William Regal, Daniel Bryan, Tyson Kidd, Sheamus, Cody Rhodes, Kane, Yoshi Tatsu, Jack Swagger, Justin Gabriel, Heath Slater, The Undertaker, Christian, Sin Cara, Ezekiel Jackson, Wade Barrett, Randy Orton

Divas:

Eve, Natayla, Maryse, Layla, Michelle McCool, Beth Phoenix, Kelly Kelly

Legends:

Stone Cold Steve Austin, Arn Anderson, Ricky Steamboat, Road Warrior Hawk, Road Warrior Animal, Vader, Kevin Nash, Booker T, Eddie Guerrero, Demolition Smash, Demolition Axe, Edge, The Rock
    edited August 2011
    there are still a couple superstars TBA, one that they said they can't announce until next month due to legal reasons... which makes me think Mick Foley cuz his no-compete clause with TNA would be expiring around then

surprised Kharma and the Bellas are not in

the legends selections are pretty awesome, although I did expect Savage this time around but maybe they will announce him later or he'll be DLC
  • 3pic81ueUnicorn3pic81ueUnicorn Not Active Enough
    edited August 2011
    It looks like Great khali isn't the game... again!
    edited August 2011
    they said there will be around 12 superstars as DLC, so maybe they will have him and Jinder Mahal as DLC or something
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited August 2011
    Man Orton slilced his thumb to pieces in that last match O_o

Now CM Punk better beat Cena, but with Stephanie lurking about....

>_>
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited August 2011
    What kind of Russo ending was that!?!?!

BAH!!!!
    edited August 2011
    LOL I Actually liked it. I'm really excited to see all this explained on RAW.
    edited August 2011
    Yeah, WWE is doing this right. Ending shows with more questions than answers. No one could predict what happened last night and no one can predict what'll happen on RAW now.

I can see how people would take that ending at face value and be like "WTF?!" though but as long as Nash does more talking and less in-ring stuff it could be great. A Punk vs. Nash promo battle will certainly be a good one.

Also overall Summerslam was a pretty stellar show, just like MITB every match was solid even the Divas match.
    edited August 2011
    It was good until Cena wanted at ADR. That's status quo. Hell no to status quo! Besides the fact Punk should have a rematch Cena just lost 2 PPV main events in a row so would have no bussiness getting a title shot. Back of the line.