All I Want by A Day To Remember

BiochemicalBiochemical Unsigned
edited July 2011 in The Rock Band Network
A few days ago, I purchased and downloaded this song. ADTR is my favorite band and I couldn't wait to play it on drums. I played this song and was SEVERELY disappointed in the song quality. It sounds ABSOLUTELY terrible.

What is the deal here?

Comments

• The FriskThe Frisk Opening Act
    edited June 2011
    It sounds pretty bad to everyone, as does just about every other ADTR song on the network.
  • Pickleboy03Pickleboy03 Unsigned
    edited June 2011
    the frisk;4433831 said:
    it sounds pretty bad to everyone, as does just about every other adtr song on the network.

lol!!!!!
  • The FriskThe Frisk Opening Act
    edited June 2011
    Just a note: that wasnt a shot against the band, but the audio quality of their songs on the RBN. Downfall of us All sounds normal, but the ones on the network sound muddy and low quality. At least to me
  • DemonUnicornsDemonUnicorns Normally Dumb
    edited June 2011
    The Frisk;4433831 said:
    It sounds pretty bad to everyone, as does just about every other ADTR song on the network.

Can't tell if you just burned him or was being completely honest about the sound quality. =)
  • atalkingfishatalkingfish Opening Act
    edited June 2011
    Sometimes authors screw up with songs. Try not to be too upset when your favorite song becomes unplayable for some reason or another due to bad authoring. It will happen and does happen.
  • Bront20Bront20 The Writing's on the Wall
    edited June 2011
    Yeah, RBN songs often have some odd mixes due to sound quality degradation or bad mixing. Some of it is how they're told to mix it (Some songs need the bass cranked up, others don't, but they're told to do it anyway), others may be the quality of the stems they get from the artist.
  • RockBandRockerRockBandRocker Love Is A Battleship
    edited June 2011
    The Frisk;4433911 said:
    Downfall of us All sounds normal, but the ones on the network sound muddy and low quality. At least to me

You're not alone.

The RBN songs really are mixed horribly compared to "The Downfall Of Us All" and the respective album version mixes. I get the feeling that the charters wanted to give the RBN tracks a more "raw" sound, but it just doesn't work.
  • kingtonyxkingtonyx Unofficial
    edited June 2011
    "Better Off This Way" sounds pretty good, but it seems every other ADTR song has some sort of audio flaw. Doesn't stop them from being my most played tracks but yeah...
  • sieesiee Road Warrior
    edited June 2011
    Better Off This Way actually sounds pretty good, but I remember the author saying that he had to spend hours just trying to get the EQ down on that song. All the other RBN tracks sound really really bad though, good job they haven't used any of their good songs yet or else I'd be disappointed.
  • bwestplaysdrumsbwestplaysdrums Unsigned
    edited June 2011
    http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?t=220969

We've been over this about 15 times now. Long story short: I usually can finish an RB mix in about 30 minutes. Better Off This Way took me 8 hours to even make it sound remotely like the album version. For whatever reason, the stems we got were completely unmixed and of low quality, and I can only guess that other authors who did ADTR tracks encountered the same problem.

Authors armed with a handful of plugins and little-to-no audio mixing experience can't be expected to match the mix done by a notable producer in a multi-million dollar studio when we get unmixed stems from the label or band.
  • xAtreyuxxAtreyux Unsigned
    edited July 2011
    Totally agree with everything you just said bwestplaysdrum, I'm just happy there are a few ADTR tracks in RB and I hope for some more in the very near future. To me they don't sound that bad as some people make them out to be, oh and for anyone who is wondering I'm Made Out Of Wax Larry What Are You Made Out Of is the demo version of that song done by ADTR I don't know why they chose the demo version of the song but just incase why anyone is wondering it sounds different to the album version that is why. Also great job on Better Of This Way your hard work definitely paid off with that track in my opinion it doesn't sound to far off the album version so great job! lets hope there is more to come.