DLC Discussion: 7/5 - System of a Down, R.E.M., Buffalo Springfield & The Vapors!

MagnetMagnet Moderator
edited May 2012 in Rock Band
hmxhenry;4435268 said:
Two stand out singles from fan favorites System of a Down– “Aerials” and “Hypnotize” - make their way to the store. SOAD’s modern rock riffs are offset by the pop hooks of R.E.M.’s “Man on the Moon” and The Vapors “Turning Japanese”. A classic cut, “For What It’s Worth”, from Buffalo Springfield, rounds out the offerings for July 5th!

As always, songs available as downloadable content for Rock Band 3 feature five-button guitar and bass parts, drums, Pro Drums, and keys, Pro Keys and harmonies, where applicable. Some songs also feature Pro Guitar and Pro Bass upgrades available for an additional $0.99 upgrade download.

Available on Xbox 360, Wii and PlayStation®3 system (July 5):

• Buffalo Springfield – “For What It’s Worth” X
• R.E.M. – “Man On the Moon”
• System of a Down – “Aerials”X
• System of a Down – “Hypnotize”
• The Vapors – “Turning Japanese” X

These tracks will be available for purchase as individual tracks on Xbox 360, PlayStation®3 system and Wii. Tracks marked with “X” will include Pro Guitar and Pro Bass expansions for $0.99 per song.

Price:

$1.99 USD, £.99 UK, €1.49 EU (160 Microsoft Points) per song
$2.00 USD (200 Wii Points™) per song
$0.99 USD (100 Wii Points/80 Microsoft Points), £0.59 UK, €0.79 EU per song for eligible Pro Guitar/Pro Bass upgrade

** Dates for Rock Band game tracks are tentative and subject to change. **
RBN:

Xbox 360 RBN releases for Thursday, 6/30/2011
Alternative

an Unkindness - "Foundation" (80 MSP)

Metal

Amberian Dawn - "Ghostly Echoes" (160 MSP)
Amberian Dawn - "Ghostly Echoes (2x Bass Pedal)" (160 MSP)
Asking Alexandria - "Morte et Dabo" (160 MSP)
Asking Alexandria - "Morte et Dabo (2x Bass Pedal)" (160 MSP)
Bring Me The Horizon - "Pray for Plagues" (160 MSP)
Devin Townsend - "Ziltoidia Attaxx!!" (160 MSP)
Devin Townsend - "Ziltoidia Attaxx!! (2x Bass Pedal)" (160 MSP)
Graveyard BBQ - "By the Grace of the Grill" (160 MSP)
SikTh - "Bland Street Bloom" (160 MSP)
SikTh - "Bland Street Bloom (2x Bass Pedal)" (160 MSP)
Suicide Silence - "You Only Live Once" (160 MSP)
Suicide Silence - "You Only Live Once (2x Bass Pedal)" (160 MSP)
Suicide Silence - "Slaves to Substance" (160 MSP)
Suicide Silence - "Slaves to Substance (2x Bass Pedal)" (160 MSP)

Pop/Dance/Electronic

Antoine Dodson & The Gregory Brothers - "Bed Intruder Song (feat. Kelly Dodson)" (160 MSP)
B.et.a and The Neon Panthers - "Queendom" (160 MSP)

Prog

Closure in Moscow - "Sweet#hart" (160 MSP)

Punk

The Story Changes - "New Ground" (160 MSP)
PS3 RBN releases for Tuesday, 7/5/2011 (SCEA) and Wednesday, 7/6/2011 (SCEE)
Andromeda - "My Star" ($1.99)
Blackberry Wednesday - "Hey I" ($0.99)
Eiffel 65 - "Blue (Da Ba Dee)" ($1.99)
The Acro-Brats - "Hair Trigger" ($1.99)
Tiny Danza - "Beat Fly" ($0.99)
This is the DLC
I think this is the DLC
I really think so!

Comments

• ChertensteinChertenstein Opening Act
    edited July 2011
    Good week. Getting Man on the Moon, Aerials, and later on Turning Japanese.

Buffalo Springfield's song is great but I have no desire to play it in Rock Band. I think Hypnotize was SoaD's worst work, and I actually had buyer's regret when I got the album.
  • Casto21Casto21 Rock and Roll Statistician
    edited July 2011
    Nice week, I like the variety.

Will be getting The Vapors and Buffalo Springfield for sure.
  • SportzterSportzter Road Warrior
    edited July 2011
    Skipping System of a Down - but they seem to have a good following. Im all in for the others....Nice week!
  • YingaGartenYingaGarten Unsigned
    edited July 2011
    Nothing for me this week. I can only hope that the Buffalo Springfield song will open up the possibility for Neil Young DLC.
  • SayburrSayburr The Always Informative Rock Band Forum Guru
    edited July 2011
    With how frickin' old the Buffalo Springfield song is, I will wait until it is released to decide. But, if it sounds good I will purchase it as my 1,000th song. More Stills, More Young, add in Nash and Crosby too!
  • Darky_06Darky_06 Opening Act
    edited July 2011
    Gonna get Aerials and For What It's Worth.
  • Catch-22Catch-22 Road Warrior
    edited July 2011
    Sayburr;4435984 said:
    With how frickin' old the Buffalo Springfield song is, I will wait until it is released to decide. But, if it sounds good I will purchase it as my 1,000th song. More Stills, More Young, add in Nash and Crosby too!

The blog has a preview up and it sounds fine.
  • Happy DragonHappy Dragon Rising Star
    edited July 2011
    Nice!
    Getting both SOAD tracks for sure, and "Man on the Moon" is a nice surprise. Not a big REM fan but I've always kinda liked that song.

But the clincher is this one right here....
    Buffalo Springfield – “For What It’s Worth”
    ...That is all types of awesome!!!

Thanks Harmonix. :)
  • RockoxRockox Road Warrior
    edited July 2011
    I'll probably only pick up "Aerials." Thanks HMX. I really like SOAD, but I forgot how much I hate that guitar player's voice, especially his strained high range. Seriously, SOAD's albums would be easier for me to listen to if they had dialed back his vocals in the mix.
  • MPPMikeMPPMike Rising Star
    edited July 2011
    Is it wrong that I'm most excited for "Turning Japanese"? "Man on the Moon" is one of my least favorite R.E.M. songs, due to it getting massively overplayed, but I'll likely pick it up. I'll have to preview the others. I never liked SoaD until I played their songs in Rock Band, but they are now among my favorites to play. I have a feeling I'll know the Buffalo Springfield when I hear it. I love the variety!
  • AppleScruff88AppleScruff88 Opening Act
    edited July 2011
    Might get The Vapors and Eiffel 65, but kind of 'meh' week overall..
  • SkittlesSkittles Road Warrior
    edited July 2011
    Damn, I just might get everything next week :)
  • tnevakertnevaker Road Warrior
    edited July 2011
    Turning Japanese - not a surprise, but awesome. and thank zod they gave it the pro G/B upgrade, it would've been a lot less fun without it.

Man on the Moon - always happy to see more REM. i'd love to see some REM pro G/B, but not on this song. don't think the slide guitar would translate too well to pro mode. maybe a Driver 8 pro update in the future would be nice though.

Buffalo Springfield is a maybe. same with SOAD, i'll have to listen to the songs. i think i remember hearing and kinda liking Aerials, the other i have no idea. i'll listen to them before i decide.

and i'll definitely be getting Bed Intruder Song when it comes to PS3.

finally.... a week where i get to purchase some NEW DLC.
  • LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    edited July 2011
    I predicted SOAD, but...

Getting all these songs! Jesus, HMX, just shut up and take my credit card!!!!
  • AllThisNothingAllThisNothing Unsigned
    edited July 2011
    Man on the Moon is a definite buy for me. Turning Japanese I might grab at some point, the other 2 singles I don't know (I don't think) and the System of a Down is not my type of stuff.
    Man on the Moon will be fun to sing though, very much looking forward to that.
  • abynormalabynormal Rising Star
    edited July 2011
    Is it weird that I'm most excited for "Bed Intruder?"

I also had an "oh THAT song!" moment with Buffalo Springfield. One of those songs where the title is not actually part of the lyrics anywhere.
  • CaldreaakCaldreaak Unsigned
    edited July 2011
    Nice week, definitely pick up SOAD and I hope the BMTH and Suicide Silence tracks will be released in soon for PS3, that would be awesome.
    Thx HMX :)
  • DrowGamer77DrowGamer77 Serious Business
    edited July 2011
    Solid offerings; good selection

SOAD for me.
  • dikettedikette Opening Act
    edited July 2011
    Very good week! Turning Japanese, REM and Buffalo Springfield for sure. I like playing SOAD songs, but i have a lot of better stuff to catch from older releases, so i will probably take them later. :)
  • Andy_FrenchAndy_French Opening Act
    edited July 2011
    For What It's Worth, Hypnotize and Turning Japanese for sure.
  • MourganDespanaMourganDespana Road Warrior
    edited July 2011
    Holy Hell.

Just when I was starting to wonder if I was going to buy a lot of songs to catch up or not, you give me a week like this.

The SoaD songs are a must. The two that I was looking for the most (outside Chop Suey!).

As for the others. CRAP! Buffalo Springfield? Really? REALLY!?! Total surprise there. A classic that friends and family of mine will be happy to see in the catalog.

REM Man on the Moon was leaked about 2 years ago (maybe 3) and never showed up. Love that it didn't. The harmonies bring a great help to a song that to some would be boring. To me, it is an instant buy.

Ah yes, Turning Japanese. Thank you for that song and look forward to making a fool out of anyone who sings it.

2 00s
    1 90s
    1 80s
    1 60s

Great variety.

As for the RBN side of things. Two buys there too as well. Bed Intruder Song for the straight lols of it. That will be hilarious to hear people sing. And also "Foundation" by an Unkindness has been previewed by many people and instantly hooked to my mind. Looks fun on drums, keys, guitar, and Vocals. For those who don't know it:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3dD_MND2r_k&feature=channel_video_title

If you get past the album cover, you'll find a great song there.

One of the best weeks in a while. Thanks to everyone who made it such.
  • Caesar08Caesar08 Unsigned
    edited July 2011
    So that's who sings that... Buffalo Springfield only.
  • Catch-22Catch-22 Road Warrior
    edited July 2011
    MourganDespana;4436008 said:

REM Man on the Moon was leaked about 2 years ago (maybe 3) and never showed up.

No it wasn't. These Days and What's The Frequency Kenneth were.
  • Mr. TateMr. Tate Road Warrior
    edited July 2011
    Very solid week. I'm not a fan of any of the bands, actually I really loathe SOAD's singer, but I'll probably grab all of the tracks, really good selection. And also, after MTV and Harmonix parted ways I think I can count on the fingers of one hand the number of weeks I couldn't recognize any of the songs by name, which is something that happened very frequently before. Awesome.
  • murphmurph Rising Star
    edited July 2011
    maybe Turning Japanese.

big SOAD fan, but i don't think those two tracks would get a lot of play.
  • sociald1077sociald1077 Opening Act
    edited July 2011
    Everything this week, havent said that for a while now. Thanks HMX!
  • masterantoniomasterantonio Rising Star
    edited July 2011
    I'm exited for the Vapors, will probably get everything except s.o.a.d.
  • TubaDude49TubaDude49 Road Warrior
    edited July 2011
    Man on the Moon and Turning Japaneese for me.
  • CJHobbesCJHobbes Road Warrior
    edited July 2011
    Hah, sweet! "Man on the Moon", I love that song. Getting that and the two SOAD hits.
  • TheDescentTheDescent Road Warrior
    edited July 2011
    Oh, awesome week. I'm getting SOAD for sure, as they're easily party favourite picks, then getting Man On The Moon even if REM they absolutely deserved another 8 pack, as there are a LOT of other songs that would be great.

Daysleeper
    The Sidewinder Sleeps Tonite
    The One I Love
    Imitation Of Life
    Electrolite
    So Fast So Numb
    Supernatural Superserious
    Nightswimming
    Everybody Hurts
    Animal
    Bad Day

just to name their most famous.

Putting Buffalo Springfield on my wishlist, as it's a very good song but I'm not in the mood for 60/70s rock lately.

Absolutely not interested in Turning Japanese. One hit band, and I don't even know that song. Defenetly not for me.

Getting 3 (or maybe 4) RBN tracks as well.

THIS WILL NEVER END.
    HENRY IF YOU WANT I CAN SEND YOU MY CREDIT CARD CODE, SO YOU CAN JUST GET MY MONEY AND SHUT UP.