DLC Discussion: 7/5 - System of a Down, R.E.M., Buffalo Springfield & The Vapors!

MagnetMagnet Moderator
edited May 2012 in Rock Band
hmxhenry;4435268 said:
Two stand out singles from fan favorites System of a Down– “Aerials” and “Hypnotize” - make their way to the store. SOAD’s modern rock riffs are offset by the pop hooks of R.E.M.’s “Man on the Moon” and The Vapors “Turning Japanese”. A classic cut, “For What It’s Worth”, from Buffalo Springfield, rounds out the offerings for July 5th!

As always, songs available as downloadable content for Rock Band 3 feature five-button guitar and bass parts, drums, Pro Drums, and keys, Pro Keys and harmonies, where applicable. Some songs also feature Pro Guitar and Pro Bass upgrades available for an additional $0.99 upgrade download.

Available on Xbox 360, Wii and PlayStation®3 system (July 5):

• Buffalo Springfield – “For What It’s Worth” X
• R.E.M. – “Man On the Moon”
• System of a Down – “Aerials”X
• System of a Down – “Hypnotize”
• The Vapors – “Turning Japanese” X

These tracks will be available for purchase as individual tracks on Xbox 360, PlayStation®3 system and Wii. Tracks marked with “X” will include Pro Guitar and Pro Bass expansions for $0.99 per song.

Price:

$1.99 USD, £.99 UK, €1.49 EU (160 Microsoft Points) per song
$2.00 USD (200 Wii Points™) per song
$0.99 USD (100 Wii Points/80 Microsoft Points), £0.59 UK, €0.79 EU per song for eligible Pro Guitar/Pro Bass upgrade

** Dates for Rock Band game tracks are tentative and subject to change. **
RBN:

Xbox 360 RBN releases for Thursday, 6/30/2011
Alternative

an Unkindness - "Foundation" (80 MSP)

Metal

Amberian Dawn - "Ghostly Echoes" (160 MSP)
Amberian Dawn - "Ghostly Echoes (2x Bass Pedal)" (160 MSP)
Asking Alexandria - "Morte et Dabo" (160 MSP)
Asking Alexandria - "Morte et Dabo (2x Bass Pedal)" (160 MSP)
Bring Me The Horizon - "Pray for Plagues" (160 MSP)
Devin Townsend - "Ziltoidia Attaxx!!" (160 MSP)
Devin Townsend - "Ziltoidia Attaxx!! (2x Bass Pedal)" (160 MSP)
Graveyard BBQ - "By the Grace of the Grill" (160 MSP)
SikTh - "Bland Street Bloom" (160 MSP)
SikTh - "Bland Street Bloom (2x Bass Pedal)" (160 MSP)
Suicide Silence - "You Only Live Once" (160 MSP)
Suicide Silence - "You Only Live Once (2x Bass Pedal)" (160 MSP)
Suicide Silence - "Slaves to Substance" (160 MSP)
Suicide Silence - "Slaves to Substance (2x Bass Pedal)" (160 MSP)

Pop/Dance/Electronic

Antoine Dodson & The Gregory Brothers - "Bed Intruder Song (feat. Kelly Dodson)" (160 MSP)
B.et.a and The Neon Panthers - "Queendom" (160 MSP)

Prog

Closure in Moscow - "Sweet#hart" (160 MSP)

Punk

The Story Changes - "New Ground" (160 MSP)
PS3 RBN releases for Tuesday, 7/5/2011 (SCEA) and Wednesday, 7/6/2011 (SCEE)
Andromeda - "My Star" ($1.99)
Blackberry Wednesday - "Hey I" ($0.99)
Eiffel 65 - "Blue (Da Ba Dee)" ($1.99)
The Acro-Brats - "Hair Trigger" ($1.99)
Tiny Danza - "Beat Fly" ($0.99)
This is the DLC
I think this is the DLC
I really think so!

Comments

• WillHabs29WillHabs29 Opening Act
    edited July 2011
    nothing for me again
  • HairyManHairyMan Always Rock On The Bright Side Of Life
    edited July 2011
    Getting everything except the SOAD tracks, though after listening to them if I get a "Oh, THAT song moment" then I'll pick those up too. The R.E.M. track was a complete surprise but it's nice to see.
  • RockBandand24FanaticRockBandand24Fanatic Road Warrior
    edited July 2011
    Not bad, definately getting buffalo Springfield, maybe The Vapors, pass on the rest for now.
  • calabrelcalabrel Opening Act
    edited July 2011
    I have to say, not even being on the 360. I'm way excited about the possibility of playing Closure in Moscow. They're amazing to say the least. System of a Down is generally fun to play. I'll buy it all, just because I buy them all, but definitely looking forward to the aforementioned.
  • thestickmasterthestickmaster Rising Star
    edited July 2011
    Probably nothing for me this week. :(

Edit: Although I did just have an "oh THAT song" moment with Buffalo Springfield... maybe I'll get that. ;\
  • PankrazzoPankrazzo Road Warrior
    edited July 2011
    Great week, R.E.M. is one of my fav bands.
  • azzaman333azzaman333 Road Warrior
    edited July 2011
    Definitely Aerials, maybe Man on the Moon.

Variety is good.
  • striderblackstriderblack Road Warrior
    edited July 2011
    Both SoaD songs for sure, most likely the Vapors. On the fence for the other two.
  • robbieconrobbiecon Road Warrior
    edited July 2011
    Man On The Moon is a pleasant surprise. Will probably pick up Buffalo Springfield and The Vapors too
  • BT67BT67 Road Warrior
    edited July 2011
    Skipping SOAD and I'm going to enjoy the heck out of, The Vapors, Buffalo Springfield and Man on the Moon... Congrats to The Vapors and Buffalo Springfield for joining the RB library.....
  • samjjonessamjjones Road Warrior
    edited July 2011
    Well, I'm now officially hopeful that we'll see more Neil Young someday.

I'm guessing he was one of the guys swayed by the learning aspect of PRO mode.
  • SeymourDuncan17SeymourDuncan17 Road Warrior
    edited July 2011
    OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG MAN ON THE MOON!!!!!! YEEEEEEEEEEEAH WOO!

Finally, after a huge 10 pack and a disc track, I get the REM song that I really wanted. Thanks HMX! Love ya!

I'll get everything else too, for sure.
  • LunaticSoulLunaticSoul Rising Star
    edited July 2011
    Hell yeah, the two SoaD songs are badass, nothing Byob style. I'm actually happy, going to buy both. I remember "Man on the Moon" due to the movie, the other two I have to listen.

And here it goes for two "OOOOOH THAT song??" for The Vapors & Buffalo Springfield. Well played HMX, everyone will get something this week..
  • CreamCrazyCreamCrazy Opening Act
    edited July 2011
    Definitely getting Man On The Moon, the rest... I'll pass
  • AbaddonAbaddon Road Warrior
    edited July 2011
    Checked the Buffalo Springfield song on Youtube, "Oh, that song". I'll pick that up and possibly Man on the Moon if the charts look fun.
  • Lord_MhoramLord_Mhoram Road Warrior
    edited July 2011
    Grabbing the three non SoaD songs.

As for RBN - slow week for me - way too much cookie monster vocal metal, but the Amberian Dawn is great (as always) and I really liked Sweet#Heart, and Queendom was fun, as was New Ground. On the fence about the Graveyard BBQ song.
  • IngameIngame Unsigned
    edited July 2011
    Bed Intruder Song, at last! Might get Buffalo Springfield sometime in the future, the rest... eh. But I guess SOAD will sell well.
  • Whizzer191Whizzer191 Road Warrior
    edited July 2011
    I actually tried to access the link when it was still locked. Surely I wasn't the only one.

Both System of a Down songs for me, most likely. Don't think I'm getting anyone else.

Just listened to that Vapors song this morning and I didn't like it at all. Doubt I want R.E.M. and I have no idea if I know Buffalo Springfield, so will give that a listen.

Edit:
    That song sure sounds familiar!
  • MostSpartan14MostSpartan14 Road Warrior
    edited July 2011
    Great week. Everything but SOAD for me. I absolutely can't wait to play For What It's Worth. It's such an iconic song and nice to finally have in RB.
  • CrazyIvanCrazyIvan Rising Star
    edited July 2011
    Definitely grabbing the REM and Buffalo Springfield. Great tunes. Might grab The Vapors, but I'll probably pass. Not a fan of SoaD.

Even though it's only 2 songs for sure, I still consider this an awesome week.
  • Catch-22Catch-22 Road Warrior
    edited July 2011
    Fantastic week. Legendary classic rock band, legendary altrock band, 80s one hit wonder and Aerials has been on my request list for years. Keep it up HMX.
  • UltraceUltrace Road Warrior
    edited July 2011
    Definitely a good week with plenty of variety. Although we have no interest in System of a Down, the other three songs are pretty much definite buys. Still waiting for Shiny Happy People from R.E.M. now that we have harmonies...
  • thestickmasterthestickmaster Rising Star
    edited July 2011
    Yeah, after realizing what song "For What It's Worth" is, I'm definitely getting that. "Man on the Moon" isn't my style... "Aerials" sounds pretty cool, and so does "Hypnotize". "Turning Japanese" was also an "oh THAT song" moment. I guess this week is turning out to be better than I initially thought.
  • Pointblank41Pointblank41 Rising Star
    edited July 2011
    getting all yet again, damn you harmonix! stop putting out music i like!!!

On a side note; whatever happened to The Weight ong that was leaked eons ago? Could this song have reached Rock Band Purgatory (ie last second licensing issues??)
  • ChertensteinChertenstein Opening Act
    edited July 2011
    Good week. Getting Man on the Moon, Aerials, and later on Turning Japanese.

Buffalo Springfield's song is great but I have no desire to play it in Rock Band. I think Hypnotize was SoaD's worst work, and I actually had buyer's regret when I got the album.
  • Casto21Casto21 Rock and Roll Statistician
    edited July 2011
    Nice week, I like the variety.

Will be getting The Vapors and Buffalo Springfield for sure.
  • SportzterSportzter Road Warrior
    edited July 2011
    Skipping System of a Down - but they seem to have a good following. Im all in for the others....Nice week!
  • YingaGartenYingaGarten Unsigned
    edited July 2011
    Nothing for me this week. I can only hope that the Buffalo Springfield song will open up the possibility for Neil Young DLC.
  • SayburrSayburr The Always Informative Rock Band Forum Guru
    edited July 2011
    With how frickin' old the Buffalo Springfield song is, I will wait until it is released to decide. But, if it sounds good I will purchase it as my 1,000th song. More Stills, More Young, add in Nash and Crosby too!
  • Darky_06Darky_06 Opening Act
    edited July 2011
    Gonna get Aerials and For What It's Worth.