RBN DLC Discussion: 06/30/2011

Casto21Casto21 Rock and Roll Statistician
edited July 2011 in The Rock Band Network
*Mods* Could you unsticky the old version of this thread and possibly rename this one to "RBN DLC Discussion: 06/30/2011 (XBOX) & 07/05/2011 (PS3) "

Artist - "Song Title" (Price)

Coming to XBOX on 6/30

Alternative
an Unkindness - "Foundation" (80 MSP)

Metal
Amberian Dawn - "Ghostly Echoes" (160 MSP)
Amberian Dawn - "Ghostly Echoes (2x Bass Pedal)" (160 MSP)
Asking Alexandria - "Morte et Dabo" (160 MSP)
Asking Alexandria - "Morte et Dabo (2x Bass Pedal)" (160 MSP)
Bring Me The Horizon - "Pray for Plagues" (160 MSP)
Devin Townsend - "Ziltoidia Attaxx!!" (160 MSP)
Devin Townsend - "Ziltoidia Attaxx!! (2x Bass Pedal)" (160 MSP)
Graveyard BBQ - "By the Grace of the Grill" (160 MSP)
SikTh - "Bland Street Bloom" (160 MSP)
SikTh - "Bland Street Bloom (2x Bass Pedal)" (160 MSP)
Suicide Silence - "You Only Live Once" (160 MSP)
Suicide Silence - "You Only Live Once (2x Bass Pedal)" (160 MSP)
Suicide Silence - "Slaves to Substance" (160 MSP)
Suicide Silence - "Slaves to Substance (2x Bass Pedal)" (160 MSP)

Pop/Dance/Electronic
Antoine Dodson & The Gregory Brothers - "Bed Intruder Song (feat. Kelly Dodson)" (160 MSP)
B.et.a and The Neon Panthers - "Queendom" (160 MSP)

Prog
Closure in Moscow - "Sweet#hart" (160 MSP)

Punk
The Story Changes - "New Ground" (160 MSP)

Coming to PS3 on 7/5

Progressive
Andromeda - "My Star" ($1.99)

Rock
Blackberry Wednesday - "Hey I" ($0.99)

Pop/Dance/Electronic
Eiffel 65 - "Blue (Da Ba Dee)" ($1.99)

Punk
The Acro-Brats - "Hair Trigger" ($1.99)

Hip Hop/Rap
Tiny Danza - "Beat Fly" ($0.99)

Comments

• ZorrkiZorrki Unsigned
    edited June 2011
    Yay for Blue on PS3, and some stuff on 360 that I'd like to cross over. Start buying X-Boxers!
  • atalkingfishatalkingfish Opening Act
    edited June 2011
    One of these threads already exists.
  • Casto21Casto21 Rock and Roll Statistician
    edited June 2011
    atalkingfish;4435279 said:
    One of these threads already exists.

Yes, but without genre breakdown, PS3 songs, video links, and it lists songs that were not officially released. Thought these would be useful.
    edited June 2011
    Then put them in the other thread rather than making almost an exact duplicate.
  • The FriskThe Frisk Opening Act
    edited June 2011
    atalkingfish;4435286 said:
    Then put them in the other thread rather than making almost an exact duplicate.

You're just peeved because his thread is better and more organized than yours.
    edited June 2011
    The Frisk;4435296 said:
    You're just peeved because his thread is better and more organized than yours.

I don't care how organized mine is.
    I also don't care how organized this one is.
    While the videos are convenient, there is a place for it, and that is not a duplicate thread.
  • PankrazzoPankrazzo Road Warrior
    edited June 2011
    Casto has made these threads for many weeks now, he'll most probably continue to do so.

Stealing threads is a douchebag move.
    edited June 2011
    Pankrazzo;4435335 said:
    Stealing threads is a douchebag move.

I was thinking the same thing.

In all reality... I would still be annoyed to see two of the same exact thread on the same board, regardless of any conflicts of interest.

But also in the same all reality... I don't really care.
    edited June 2011
    People should be able to get the information they want from the first post. Besides not having price/genre/videos, your thread was inaccurate considering it had songs that were not actually released and it was missing songs that were.

I create this thread, as I have for the past few weeks, to help people have easy access to the information surrounding the official release of RBN songs. A post buried in page 5 of a thread is not easy access.

I don't care who does these threads each week. The mods talked about doing it and I would actually prefer it if someone else did (less work for me). As long as it is accurate and helpful. Just doing something to help RBN and the people who support it. Don't really see that as a dbag move personally, but oh well.
    edited June 2011
    Bash it all you want, I didn't even know you had this impressive 2-week streak going on here. I just was excited that pre-release information was back.
    edited June 2011
    atalkingfish;4435357 said:
    Bash it all you want, I didn't even know you had this impressive 2-week streak going on here. I just was excited that pre-release information was back.

One of his threads from a week or two back is stickied at the top of this forum...
  • JasonofindyJasonofindy Opening Act
    edited June 2011
    I'm happy to see the imminent arrival of Blue to PS3. After checking out the other tracks I've also put the Blackberry Wednesday song on the "consider for later" pile. I've never heard of them, but upon first listen the song doesn't sound bad.
  • FlyGuyLXIFlyGuyLXI Headl!ner
    edited June 2011
    I thought about the Devin Townsend song but I'm going to end up passing again this week.
  • BathTubBathTub Road Warrior
    edited June 2011
    Really tempted by Bed Intruder, Ziltoidia Attacks and Foundation.
  • SeymourDuncan17SeymourDuncan17 Road Warrior
    edited June 2011
    Hands down, By the Grace of the Grill is the best as far as playing. So many awesome changes it's insane. It must be that one song you all buy.
  • DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
    edited June 2011
    Not sure if PS3's were added yet to discuss... but I say this week is awesome for PS3 users.
    One of the better ones :)
  • GNFfhqwhgadsGNFfhqwhgads 99% Washed Up
    edited June 2011
    First place on Foundation guitar.

Out of a whopping 18 scores, but STILL. Love the song, fun chart.
    edited July 2011
    Casto21;4435229 said:

Highly recommend this song. Catchy, great drums, cool harmonies, and a nice guitar solo (starting at 3:43 in video). One of my favorite songs to come out of RBN this year.
  • DLCquickplayDLCquickplay Unsigned
    edited July 2011
    GNFfhqwhgads;4435689 said:

:cool:
  • Lord_MhoramLord_Mhoram Road Warrior
    edited July 2011
    As far as thread go - I saw the other as a promotional (hey the links work, this is what is coming out) and this one as discussion of what songs we bought and what we liked & didn't.

As for me - not being a fan of Cookie-Monster vocals about half this week was on the "never gonna buy" list.
    I grabbed the Amberian Dawn (excellent as always), Queendom, New Ground and Sweet#hart. I love any Prog just about so that was a nice surprise. I am on the fence about the Graveyard BBQ, the vocals don't thrill me, but I like the sound of the song.

I play every instrument in the game, with Guitar, Keys and Vocals being my top three (which one is number one depends on my mood and the week). I never buy a song because it is good for one instrument, and as vocals are something I am really into, I'll never buy a song i don't want to sing - hence the skipping of the CM vocals - I have never found that kind of vocals interesting or likable.

Thankfully so much comes out on RBN that I can happily avoid that and still have a number of good songs each week.
    edited July 2011
    GNFfhqwhgads;4435689 said:

Yeah, I did that when the Ayreon song came out. I was number one (likely for no more than 10 or so minutes), but he is one of my favorite artists of all time, so to have a picture of me as #1 on the song (however dodgy) is pretty nifty. :)
  • Dark ChurchDark Church Opening Act
    edited July 2011
    Bring Me The Horizon may be the worst band I have ever heard and Pray For Plagues happens to be the song I listened to. If you like awful screaming and a drummer who sounds like he has one arm (and not in the cool Def Leppard way) the get this. If however you like music then avoid it like a plague.
    edited July 2011
    I like a few of BMTH's songs, but none of them happen to be from their death metal days.
    Hopefully a few of their newer songs will be brought to the game
  • HeavyMetalKingHeavyMetalKing Road Warrior
    edited July 2011
    I hope Sweet#hart eventually finds its way to the PS3.
    edited July 2011
    HeavyMetalKing;4436520 said:
    I hope Sweet#hart eventually finds its way to the PS3.

I did my part on the 360 side. I bought it. :)
  • SkodeSkode Headliner
    edited July 2011
    Wow... HMX finally caved in and gave Ozone some PS3 RBN love for a change haha.

Not getting why the Bed Intruder song is so clearly loved around here but then as a guitarist in the game thats was an inevitable opinion. A good mix this week and for some reason i always feel drawn to the electro keyboard driven tracks released on RBN... to play on the guitar (got the keyboard, just not a great fan on the gameplay with it)
  • jeronemitchelljeronemitchell Road Warrior
    edited July 2011
    Casto21;4435346 said:
    I don't care who does these threads each week. The mods talked about doing it and I would actually prefer it if someone else did (less work for me). As long as it is accurate and helpful. Just doing something to help RBN and the people who support it. Don't really see that as a dbag move personally, but oh well.

It is helpful, and I for one thank you. B.E.T.A. should thank you too, as you sold a song for them. :)

The genre break down helps TREMENDOUSLY, and videos make it easy to make a call. PLEASE continue, for those of us still dipping our toes into RBN.

EDIT: Oh, yeah... and I also picked up Bedroom Intruder.
  • HMXLachesisHMXLachesis Harmonix Alum
    edited July 2011
    Skode;4436866 said:
    Wow... HMX finally caved in and gave Ozone some PS3 RBN love for a change haha.
    Ozone, your press is giving me a bad rap here....
This discussion has been closed.