RBN DLC for 7/7

atalkingfishatalkingfish Opening Act
edited July 2011 in The Rock Band Network
WARNINGS:
You can purchase these on XBox Live via the links on rbnreleases.com (click "All Songs", they will be at the top)
If you do choose to buy these before they appear on the Rock Band Music Store, you are buying at your OWN RISK.
This list will not be finalized until Thursday, as songs may appear or disappear before then.

SONGS:
[][][][][] Alien Ant Farm - "Glow"
[][][][][] Bumblefoot - "Turn Around"
[][][][][] Casey James Prestwood - "Rebel On My Side"
[][][][][] Child of Glass feat. Suela - "Fame Is Free"
[][][][][] Chiodos - "Caves"
[][][][][] Christopher J. - "Dawn of Spring" *
[][][][][] Conditions - "Better Life"
[][][][][] The Dillinger Escape Plan - "Farewell, Mona Lisa"
[][][][][] Fallen Angel - "Grant Me Peace"
[][][][][] Neonfly - "Ship With No Sails"
[][][][][] Severed - "Envision"
[][][][][] Shylo Elliott - "Cool Concoction"
[][][][][] Standing Shadows - "Circus Freak"
[][][][][] White Wizzard - "Over the Top"

NOTES:
Songs with an asterisk (*) cost 80MSP ($1)

[] = Recommended by community
[] = Do not buy (yet)
[] = Single and Double Bass Pedal versions, [] = Double Bass Pedal version only
[] = Free download/listen
[] = Preview video

Comments

• atalkingfishatalkingfish Opening Act
    edited June 2011
    Yes there is. There is "Ship With No Sails", but we dunno what's going on with that one.

On the other hand, though... why are those three songs not showing up as "officially released" on rbnreleases?
  • The FriskThe Frisk Opening Act
    edited June 2011
    atalkingfish;4435319 said:
    Yes there is. There is "Ship With No Sails", but we dunno what's going on with that one.

On the other hand, though... why are those three songs not showing up as "officially released" on rbnreleases?

Remember, it's always possible that the Neonfly songs got pulled for whatever reason, as did the Ethereal Collapse song from a few weeks back. Although we won't know for sure until those who charted it come out and say if it got pulled or is just being held/delayed, I'd assume until that happens that the song got pulled and shouldn't be listed in the thread as other songs have come out after it.
    edited June 2011
    The Frisk;4435325 said:
    Remember, it's always possible that the Neonfly songs got pulled for whatever reason, as did the Ethereal Collapse song from a few weeks back. Although we won't know for sure until those who charted it come out and say if it got pulled or is just being held/delayed, I'd assume until that happens that the song got pulled and shouldn't be listed in the thread as other songs have come out after it.

I put a warning.
    I, for one, hope it does come out cus I actually wanted to buy that one.
    Do we know who authored it?
    edited June 2011
    atalkingfish;4435331 said:
    I put a warning.
    I, for one, hope it does come out cus I actually wanted to buy that one.
    Do we know who authored it?

RockGamer authored it
    edited June 2011
    That's a shame. I love RockGamer. Hopefully it's something other than "this song disappeared and you'll never see it again and you'll never no why"

Because, like I said, I wanted to buy that.
    edited June 2011
    Found this in the other thread.
    I'd remove the link from the OP, as it seems a new version will be coming out
    smeeguel;4435195 said:
    I can't go into specifics, but Neonfly won't be out this week. Most likely next week, though. In the meantime, I advise against buying the version linked on rbnreleases if you intend to play it online. It won't be compatible with the final version.
    edited June 2011
    The Frisk;4435339 said:
    Found this in the other thread.
    I'd remove the link from the OP, as it seems a new version will be coming out

I see.
    Is that official?
    I imagine there is legitimacy to it due to the "I can't go into specifics" thing.
    But who is that person?
    and by that, I mean who is that person in regards to this song or RockGamer?
  • FairwoodStudiosFairwoodStudios Road Warrior
    edited June 2011
    atalkingfish;4435341 said:
    I see.
    Is that official?
    I imagine there is legitimacy to it due to the "I can't go into specifics" thing.
    But who is that person?
    and by that, I mean who is that person in regards to this song or RockGamer?

smeeguel kinda owns RockGamer. Like, he's the company president.
    edited June 2011
    FairwoodStudios;4435362 said:
    smeeguel kinda owns RockGamer. Like, he's the company president.

Hehe, that would do it. Good to know!
  • NoThru22NoThru22 Road Warrior
    edited June 2011
    atalkingfish;4435338 said:
    That's a shame. I love RockGamer. Hopefully it's something other than "this song disappeared and you'll never see it again and you'll never no why"

Because, like I said, I wanted to buy that.
    The replacement song is being fast tracked. The problem had nothing to do with charting or playability or permissions or anything like that. The song is AWESOME on drums.

*I do not work for RockGamer but they sponsored my XNA pass and I can see what's going on in peer review.
    edited June 2011
    NoThru22;4435392 said:
    The replacement song is being fast tracked. The problem had nothing to do with charting or playability or permissions or anything like that. The song is AWESOME on drums.

*I do not work for RockGamer but they sponsored my XNA pass and I can see what's going on in peer review.

Fast tracked, eh? What does that mean, exactly?
    And is there any way of knowing why it got stopped? (and by that, I mean is there any way the general public would be able to know?)
  • TubaDude49TubaDude49 Road Warrior
    edited June 2011
    Not sure, but I assume it's the same as when Harmonix accelerates a song through the process that passed PR and failed Quarintine
    edited June 2011
    atalkingfish;4435429 said:
    Fast tracked, eh? What does that mean, exactly?
    And is there any way of knowing why it got stopped? (and by that, I mean is there any way the general public would be able to know?)
    (a) Meaning I'd be shocked if it wasn't in next Thursday's update.
    (b) If smeegal doesn't want to reveal the details, it's not my place to divulge them. I just wanted people to know it wasn't any kind of quality issue.
    edited June 2011
    I'll add it on there with a special warning

Also, I'm adding "Envision" by Severed
    edited July 2011
    Just so you guys know, the Neonfly song got through (both 2x and regular) and two other songs have come up.

Does anyone know any of them?
  • S1ckH4ndsS1ckH4nds YouTube Guru
    edited July 2011
    atalkingfish;4436934 said:
    Just so you guys know, the Neonfly song got through (both 2x and regular) and two other songs have come up.

Does anyone know any of them?

I sure do -- "Dawn of Spring" is a song I composed and orchestrated myself (Christopher J. being my real name). It's a keyboard driven track (in fact, there's no drums nor vocals), so if you enjoy playing standard or pro keys, I'd suggest giving it a download for 80 MSP.

Additionally, you can listen to the song in its entirety and grab a free download of the MP3 from my Bandcamp site at:
    http://christopherj.bandcamp.com

I'm not really expecting a lot of sales, but it would be cool to hear from people if they download it and enjoy it :)
  • ZemanatorZemanator Rising Star
    edited July 2011
    id advise against farewell mona lisa 2xbass as well, there was an issue with the original version and someone passed the x2bass version while the OV mistake was being sorted out, so HMX was asked to fail in it quarentine.

a new version will be up tonight or tomorrow morning, and will go through a round of PR again before hitting the store.

also, your OP seems to state that both versions of FML are available through links, when only the 2xbass version is.
  • LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    edited July 2011
    Couldn't these threads wait until Thursday? They're not even officially released, yet! If you're gonna discuss songs, at least make sure they don't have to be pulled first :P
  • PeridotWeaponPeridotWeapon Opening Act
    edited July 2011
    LiveHomeVideo;4437194 said:
    Couldn't these threads wait until Thursday? They're not even officially released, yet! If you're gonna discuss songs, at least make sure they don't have to be pulled first :P
    The other side of that argument is if a song is going to be pulled before official release (like Farewell Mona Lisa), it's good to have a discussion to know that in advance - especially if it somehow gets to the store before being deactivated.

Or if a chart flaw is discovered during the "unofficial release period," making that public knowledge might get the song pulled for repairs BEFORE it reaches the public.
  • LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    edited July 2011
    PeridotWeapon;4437213 said:
    The other side of that argument is if a song is going to be pulled before official release (like Farewell Mona Lisa), it's good to have a discussion to know that in advance - especially if it somehow gets to the store before being deactivated.

Or if a chart flaw is discovered during the "unofficial release period," making that public knowledge might get the song pulled for repairs BEFORE it reaches the public.

You've got a point, but another thing I don't like is that this is actually taking Casto's idea and making the next installment before he does, then getting pissed when he makes his version.
  • Backwards MarathonBackwards Marathon Rising Star
    edited July 2011
    Cant wait for Farewell, Mona Lisa.
  • PankrazzoPankrazzo Road Warrior
    edited July 2011
    LiveHomeVideo;4437215 said:
    You've got a point, but another thing I don't like is that this is actually taking Casto's idea and making the next installment before he does, then getting pissed when he makes his version.

This. It's just absolutely redundant & irritating.
  • ClaptonsWigClaptonsWig I Can't Dance
    edited July 2011
    LiveHomeVideo;4437194 said:
    I like playing Atomic, Footloose and Fancy Free, and singing The Dandy Warhols. If I didn't hear about them before the official release date, I may never have had the chance to get them. It's sad when they're pulled, but still nice knowing you own the very rare version. (Masters of Puppet Rock was up, very cheap to at 1 MSP before being pulled. This Thread would have made my day. )
    edited July 2011
    They killed the links for the Neonfly's song faster than they ever killed links before.
    edited July 2011
    My goal in making these threads is to:
    1) Show people that the songs are available to buy before they are announced (if they want to take the risk)
    2) Show people what will PROBABLY be up this coming Thursday
    3) Give people (who want to wait until Thursday) an idea of which songs are genuinely good without requiring them to view literally every preview video of every song (hence the "recommended by the community" thing I've had)

This gives people time to decide what they want. If one day out of the week, 20 songs are shoved in their faces, the average person isn't going to give any of the bands they don't know a chance. This way, songs like "Ship With No Sails" don't just slip through the cracks of decent sales just because no one knows the band.
  • Lord_MhoramLord_Mhoram Road Warrior
    edited July 2011
    atalkingfish;4437793 said:

3) Give people (who want to wait until Thursday) an idea of which songs are genuinely good without requiring them to view literally every preview video of every song (hence the "recommended by the community" thing I've had)

This is actually part of the fun of RBN for me - I've played the demo of every song the RBN has offered (except for 2x charts). Listening to new music and finding the gems is what RBN is alll about for me.

But yeah, I can see why others wouldn't wouldn't find it as fun.
    edited July 2011
    Lord_Mhoram;4437833 said:
    This is actually part of the fun of RBN for me - I've played the demo of every song the RBN has offered (except for 2x charts). Listening to new music and finding the gems is what RBN is alll about for me.

But yeah, I can see why others wouldn't wouldn't find it as fun.

Haha yeah, it's obviously a lot of the fun for me (otherwise, making a thread like this would be sucky and boring)

I just love to see new bands that no one has ever heard of come out with a great song that is awesome to listen to and super fun to play. (It's happened on the RBN several times for me)

EDIT: Does anyone know what's going on with the Neonfly song? It was up, then down, then up, and now super-down
  • DragoonXDDragoonXD Road Warrior
    edited July 2011
    atalkingfish;4437845 said:

EDIT: Does anyone know what's going on with the Neonfly song? It was up, then down, then up, and now super-down
    Wait the second one was pulled too? Yes! That means I can have 3 of the same song!
    edited July 2011
    DragoonXD;4437848 said:
    Wait the second one was pulled too? Yes! That means I can have 3 of the same song!

It looks like it.
    But I'm just going by rbnreleases
  • PeridotWeaponPeridotWeapon Opening Act
    edited July 2011
    atalkingfish;4437855 said:
    It looks like it.
    But I'm just going by rbnreleases
    The second version of Ship With No Sails still "exists" at this point, it's just fallen off the list if you're only viewing 25 songs.

rbnreleases.com gives a song a "release number" based off of when a link first appeared for that song, and re-releases keep that same number (#1236 / #1237 in this case) even if the first version never reached the official store.

The song is still greyed out at this point because the most recent release hasn't appeared in the store yet. The original (pulled) version has a line through the link.

The second version should appear in the store on Thursday and the song title will be bolded at that point.