P!nk's Greatest Hits Album for Rock Band???

Scythemaster 37Scythemaster 37 Road Warrior
edited July 2011 in Your Ultimate Setlist
Hey, I think P!nk (Pink) is an artist that we DEFINITELY don't have enough of and since her greatest hits album came out awhile ago I thought it would be really cool if it were on RB. I've grown up to most of these songs, years ago and more recently (Raise Your Glass, F***** Perfect), and I, for one, would love to have more of her songs in RB. Plus, isn't No Doubt the only band that RB has released an entire album of that had a female lead? I think it's time for another one.
  • Get the Party Started
  • There You Go
  • Don't Let Me Get Me
  • Just Like a Pill
  • Family Portrait
  • Trouble
  • Stupid Girls
  • Who Knew (RB3 Version)
  • U + Ur Hand
  • Dear Mr. President
  • So What (RB3 Version)
  • Sober
  • Please Don't Leave Me
  • Funhouse
  • I Don't Believe You
  • Glitter in the Air
  • Raise Your Glass
  • F***** Perfect
I would love it if HMX would consider this album. I'd be ecstatic if we could at least get some of her songs off of Missundaztood.

What do you guys think?

Comments

• BohemianMattBohemianMatt Headliner
    edited July 2011
    While "So What" is a guilty pleasure of mine, I only play it because it came with Lego:RB.

And while I agree that pop stars like Lady Gaga should be released for money making purposes, (not at all a fan myself) I don't know if Pink could merit a whole album.
  • Scythemaster 37Scythemaster 37 Road Warrior
    edited July 2011
    BohemianMatt;4436399 said:
    While "So What" is a guilty pleasure of mine, I only play it because it came with Lego:RB.

And while I agree that pop stars like Lady Gaga should be released for money making purposes, (not at all a fan myself) I don't know if Pink could merit a whole album.

I disagree. However, I guess it's totally opinionated. I don't understand what would bring HMX to release TWO Judas Priest albums. Yukkk. But whatever I guess. It's all in the ear of the beholder!
  • FlyGuyLXIFlyGuyLXI Headl!ner
    edited July 2011
    Scythemaster 37;4436609 said:
    I don't understand what would bring HMX to release TWO Judas Priest albums. Yukkk.

Because Judas Priest are an influential metal band and Pink is another pop artist that fell behind others in line over the past year.
    edited July 2011
    FlyGuyLXI;4436613 said:
    Because Judas Priest are an influential metal band and Pink is another pop artist that fell behind others in line over the past year.

Judas Priest sounds awful to me, but I'm glad you like them. Pink isn't just an artist that's been around this year! Goddamn, like I said, I grew up hearing her songs, along with No Doubt. Anyway, yeah.
  • rocky713rocky713 Rising Star
    edited July 2011
    I wouldn't say a whole album, I'd say maybe a six-pack.
  • killermurchkillermurch Opening Act
    edited July 2011
    Scythemaster 37;4436614 said:
    Judas Priest sounds awful to me, but I'm glad you like them. Pink isn't just an artist that's been around this year! Goddamn, like I said, I grew up hearing her songs, along with No Doubt. Anyway, yeah.

Judas Priest is one of the creators of heavy metal as a genre, and metal is for the most part the most played genre on Rock Band. That's why they released so many songs for them. As for Pink's music, I personally don't enjoy it, but I'd be a good idea to get more onto RB. There is a lack of today's pop except for Lady Gaga, so some more of it wouldn't hurt.
  • MegaIronDragonDethMegaIronDragonDeth Post Ratio > 3 a Day
    edited July 2011
    I'd be fine with Pink being on RB, but I wouldn't buy any of it. Also, I'm not sure if Pink would be able to have a whole album, but maybe since it'd be a greatest hits, then it could be more possible than an album with, say 3 hit songs and a bunch of filler, possibly, still I'm not too sure about this sortof thing.
  • GNFfhqwhgadsGNFfhqwhgads 99% Washed Up
    edited July 2011
    No. P!nk should never, and will never, get this much content.
  • BevoTheWarriorBevoTheWarrior Cow Patty
    edited July 2011
    I voted "not for me but sure". I don't like Pink at all but I'm not against anybody or any song making it onto the RB platform.
    edited July 2011
    What suggestions for female-lead artists/bands do you guys suggest that deserve a full album? I mean, I think everyone of the songs on this album (except maybe "I Don't Believe You") deserves to be on RB. But obviously, my taste is off for the forumgoers.
  • BohemianMattBohemianMatt Headliner
    edited July 2011
    Scythemaster 37;4437408 said:
    What suggestions for female-lead artists/bands do you guys suggest that deserve a full album? I mean, I think everyone of the songs on this album (except maybe "I Don't Believe You") deserves to be on RB. But obviously, my taste is off for the forumgoers.

A few bands that would sell more of a big pack or album than P!nk:

The Pretenders
    Heart
    Paramore
    Cranberries
    Sheryl Crow
    Lady Gaga (sad but true)

And a few bands from whom we already have songs and who may not merit a whole album, but would still sell a bunch of tracks if a few more singles or a three-pack were released:

Pat Benatar
    Joan Jett/Runaways
    Fleetwood Mac/Stevie Nicks
    Evanescence
    Lacuna Coil
    Garbage
    Yeah Yeah Yeahs
    Flyleaf
    edited July 2011
    Well, we've already got two No Doubt albums, who are now a top 10 artist, so there's that. I agree that Heart and Paramore would do very well. Lady Gaga WOULDN'T, because she is more of a single artist to her fans.
  • kingtonyxkingtonyx Unofficial
    edited July 2011
    this album would sell huge, despite what anyone on this forum says
    edited July 2011
    kingtonyx;4437702 said:
    this album would sell huge, despite what anyone on this forum says

Nobody said it wouldn't sell, we just don't like it.
    edited July 2011
    GNFfhqwhgads;4437686 said:
    Well, we've already got two No Doubt albums, who are now a top 10 artist, so there's that. I agree that Heart and Paramore would do very well. Lady Gaga WOULDN'T, because she is more of a single artist to her fans.

Lady GaGa's fans aren't all just wanting singles by her. If it were up to me, we'd have all of her albums and there are millions of others that love her music. True, most of those fans don't play Rock Band, but it's a complete lie to say that Lady GaGa is only good at releasing singles, or that her fans only like her singles.
    edited July 2011
    Scythemaster 37;4437992 said:
    but it's a complete lie to say that Lady GaGa is only good at releasing singles, or that her fans only like her singles.
    Good thing I didn't say either of those things, then. We almost had a problem.
    edited July 2011
    GNFfhqwhgads;4437686 said:
    Lady Gaga WOULDN'T, because she is more of a single artist to her fans.
    Uhm, yes you did.
    edited July 2011
    Scythemaster 37;4438009 said:
    Uhm, yes you did.
    'More of' does not mean 'exclusively'. I made no comment at her ability to push a song, so that also eliminates your first point.

I guess as soon as you can show me how Lady Gaga ISN'T more of a singles artist, then we can come back to this.
    edited July 2011
    GNFfhqwhgads;4438011 said:
    'More of' does not mean 'exclusively'. I made no comment at her ability to push a song, so that also eliminates your first point.

I guess as soon as you can show me how Lady Gaga ISN'T more of a singles artist, then we can come back to this.
    How can you prove any artist isn't a singles artist? Unless the band just never released any singles. I mean, her album The Fame has sold 12 million copies. What kind of person buys an album anymore if they only want a single (thanks to iTunes). And Born This Way sold 2 million copies ALONE in it's first week. So I don't think she's more of a "Singles artist". The hatred of pop on these forums is astounding. What is hilarious is that the music that you all call "Classic Rock" was at one time called "Pop". It's just really funny to me.
    edited July 2011
    Scythemaster 37;4438031 said:
    How can you prove any artist isn't a singles artist? Unless the band just never released any singles.
    Led Zeppelin never released any singles(the label forced a few out), so they never wrote anything with the intention of it being a single. Their most well-known song is also technically a 'deep cut'. Also, they once had SIX of their albums charting at once.
    And Born This Way sold 2 million copies ALONE in it's first week.
    Yes. Primarily from Amazon, which had it for $.99, which is cheaper than any individual song would have been on iTunes.
    The hatred of pop on these forums is astounding. What is hilarious is that the music that you all call "Classic Rock" was at one time called "Pop". It's just really funny to me.
    I've yet to see anyone bash pop as a genre, but hey, I was just thinking I could use a good bit of conversation whiplash.
    edited July 2011
    GNFfhqwhgads;4438035 said:
    Led Zeppelin never released any singles(the label forced a few out), so they never wrote anything with the intention of it being a single. Their most well-known song is also technically a 'deep cut'. Also, they once had SIX of their albums charting at once.

Yes. Primarily from Amazon, which had it for $.99, which is cheaper than any individual song would have been on iTunes.

I've yet to see anyone bash pop as a genre, but hey, I was just thinking I could use a good bit of conversation whiplash.

But you all pretty much do. Never said anyone was bashing it, just being a douche like you try so hard to be.

Whatever you're trying to prove to me won't change my opinion, and I can't really think of any time that I've seen your trolling do anything except piss people off, so I don't understand why you continue to do it.

Furthermore, I was never comparing Led Zeppelin to Lady GaGa.
  • Lameboy19Lameboy19 Headliner
    edited July 2011

punch.
    edited July 2011
    Scythemaster 37;4438042 said:

Whatever you're trying to prove to me won't change my opinion, and I can't really think of any time that I've seen your trolling do anything except piss people off, so I don't understand why you continue to do it.
    Do you even know what the point of trolling is?
    edited July 2011
    killermurch;4438117 said:
    Do you even know what the point of trolling is?

To annoy the piss out of someone through being argumentative. He just does it all the damn time.
    edited July 2011
    No no no, trolling is saying things to get a rise. I support what I say far too often for it to be deemed trolling.