Classical Music and the RBN!

edited February 2012 in The Rock Band Network
With the introduction of Pro Keys and the ability to upload nearly anything via RBN, I took it upon myself to transcribe some classical pieces by famous composers such as Beethoven, Mozart and others. Currently, I have a friend making videos, but they should be up soon.

Watch a preview! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=khSa-zr-J28
Bagatelle No. 25 in A minor - Für Elise by Beethoven
Piano Sonata No. 14 - Moonlight Sonata by Beethoven
Piano Sonata No. 11 - Ronda Alla Turca by Mozart for 80MSP ($1)

Comments

• PankrazzoPankrazzo Road Warrior
    edited July 2011
    I'm really hungry for some classical stuff, bring it on!

Would be awesome if somebody could release Beethoven's Ode to Joy.
  • AskariNariAskariNari Rising Star
    edited July 2011
    Ode to Joy would be awesome, but it would have to be one with a choir for vocal harmonies. What language is it in? Would it be okay if it wasn't one of the special languages considering it's popularity and stuff like that, or would it have to be translated? Getting a choir together to record it properly with separate tracks for each vocal part would be a pain =/ (Both getting a choir and the separate track part)

Speaking of epic classical choral pieces: O Fortuna, now, please.
  • Lord_MhoramLord_Mhoram Road Warrior
    edited July 2011
    AskariNari;4437543 said:
    Awesome, since there haven't been any RBN2 Faux-Harmonic tracks I've been hoping someone would release these. Make sure the arrangements you're using are either original or public domain copyrighted.

I agree. I want to see more classical in RB.

I love the Faux-Harmoic tracks, but would love some RBN2.0 stuff.
    The last I heard of them was they were working on Ride of the Valkeries, but that was October of last year.

Bring on the Classical!!
  • LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    edited July 2011
    Lord_Mhoram;4437582 said:

The last I heard of them was they were working on Ride of the Valkeries, but that was October of last year.

Bring on the Classical!!

It's on Playtest I believe
  • Coach ZCoach Z Opening Act
    edited July 2011
    AskariNari;4437579 said:
    Ode to Joy would be awesome, but it would have to be one with a choir for vocal harmonies. What language is it in? Would it be okay if it wasn't one of the special languages considering it's popularity and stuff like that, or would it have to be translated? Getting a choir together to record it properly with separate tracks for each vocal part would be a pain =/ (Both getting a choir and the separate track part)

Speaking of epic classical choral pieces: O Fortuna, now, please.

Magma only takes one track for vocals (not counting dryvox). You wouldn't need to get separate tracks if you can chart the separate MIDI parts by ear... or off the classical sheet music.
    edited July 2011
    Coach Z;4437603 said:
    Magma only takes one track for vocals (not counting dryvox). You wouldn't need to get separate tracks if you can chart the separate MIDI parts by ear... or off the classical sheet music.

Oh, I've never charted vocals, but that would getting the stems easier. Plus I guess you could "rent" a choir and have them do the vocals.
  • edited July 2011
    Lord_Mhoram;4437582 said:

Bring on the Classical!!

Like GigaKoops said its in plaaytesting now but it only has guitar, bass, and drums so it would be cool to get some classical music with keys.
    edited July 2011
    I was looking on the creators site and I found Fur Elise in peer review at 30%, tiered four dots on keys, and the preview sounded awesome.
  • edited July 2011
    AskariNari;4437634 said:
    I was looking on the creators site and I found Fur Elise in peer review at 30%, tiered four dots on keys, and the preview sounded awesome.

That's not my version, but someone else's. They uploaded a second version a few hours after I uploaded my version, but apparently they had uploaded the first version a few months ago. I don't know why it didn't go anywhere before.
  • broncosfan06broncosfan06 Debbie Downer
    edited July 2011
    This is awesome....though i wish Fauxharmonic would come back to RBN.
    edited July 2011
    BeyondTheUniverseRBN;4437654 said:
    That's not my version, but someone else's. They uploaded a second version a few hours after I uploaded my version, but apparently they had uploaded the first version a few months ago. I don't know why it didn't go anywhere before.

I hope this doesn't end up with ten different versions of every public domain song ever made =/
  • edited July 2011
    broncosfan06;4437677 said:
    This is awesome....though i wish Fauxharmonic would come back to RBN.

Look on the first page guy
    edited July 2011
    MagicMurderBag7;4437679 said:
    Look on the first page guy

I should REALLY start reading every post before i post, my bad
  • edited July 2011
    AskariNari;4437678 said:
    I hope this doesn't end up with ten different versions of every public domain song ever made =/

I don't think this is the case. This other guy's version disappeared from testing for months before I uploaded my version and then he uploaded his. I've also got 2 other songs uploaded and more coming, so I think I've got establishment on those two songs for the most part. You also seem like you want to do some as well, so the quicker you can do that the quicker nobody else might do the same. :p
    edited July 2011
    AskariNari;4437678 said:

As long as no one else is planning on doing Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, I don't think it'll be a problem. At least, I hope I'm the only one thinking about doing that...
    edited July 2011
    Another public domain classical piece OP should do is Bach's Toccata and Fugue in D Minor how awesome would that be
  • OscarvariumOscarvarium Rising Star
    edited July 2011
    LiveHomeVideo;4437688 said:
    As long as no one else is planning on doing Rudolph the Red-Nosed Reindeer, I don't think it'll be a problem. At least, I hope I'm the only one thinking about doing that...
    According to wiki, that's not even in the public domain. :P
  • edited July 2011
    well we do have 2 copies of Flight of the Bumble Bee.

Is there any way some one can get this
  • LuigiHannLuigiHann Stormtrooper
    edited July 2011
    Nice. I did talk to the Fauxharmonic dude when RBN 2.0 was starting, and he did say that they plan to do some piano songs eventually. Not sure what's holing that up. Probably just waiting for the one in pending to pass before putting the effort into making more, I suppose.

One song I suggested to him was Mozart's Sonata in D major for Two Pianos, K. 448 -- Allegro con spirito. It'd be cool to have one piano charted to keyboard and one charted to guitar for band play. He didn't seem too excited about not being able to chart two separate pro keys parts, but I think it'd be cool, especially if the guitar-piano was recorded in a totally different voice, like in this remix. Although it'd be even cooler if somebody actually recorded the song as a duet with a real guitar, but that'd be a bit more complicated to orchestrate than a synthesized version I suppose.
  • edited July 2011
    The next song I might do would be The Barber of Seville by Gioachino Rossini. You may recognize this from Bugs Bunny... :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OloXRhesab0
    edited July 2011
    Oscarvarium;4437693 said:
    According to wiki, that's not even in the public domain. :P

WHAT?!? I didn't know that! I'll do another Christmas song, then!
  • Lord_MhoramLord_Mhoram Road Warrior
    edited July 2011
    broncosfan06;4437691 said:
    Another public domain classical piece OP should do is Bach's Toccata and Fugue in D Minor how awesome would that be

I will always associate that with the ending credits of the original Rollerball movie.

"Jon-a-thon! Jon-a-thon! Jon-a-thon! "
  • edited July 2011
  • KarioChartsJerryKarioChartsJerry Opening Act
    edited July 2011
    Fur Elise is way under charted but I'm sure it will be fixed
  • edited July 2011
    I'm not sure what you're talking about. It's only the right hand that's charted and that's only what's supposed to be charted.
    edited July 2011
    KarioChartsJerry;4438241 said:
    Fur Elise is way under charted but I'm sure it will be fixed

They only charted one hand, following authoring rules.
  • KarioChartsJerryKarioChartsJerry Opening Act
    edited July 2011
    Never mind, I know the charting rules, but it's still under charted. I could easily play most of the parts everyone is familiar with of Fur Elise with my right hand. Maybe this epic song just isn't right for an instrument with limitations.
  • CallumWhyteCallumWhyte Unsigned
    edited July 2011
    LiveHomeVideo;4438247 said:
    They only charted one hand, following authoring rules.

Those are authoring rules?

lol, Rock Band broke their own rules when hideously, for the record, charting the Bohemian Rhapsody chorus, by charting the G and F (or A and G or D and C), which is played with the left hand i.e. the second hand. Furthermore, this charter has charted both hands, the gap where one E is seemingly missing at 0:13 is played by the right hand, the 1st and 2nd Es that have been charted
    after the first E at 0:12 are actually played by the left hand.

Also, the first D#/Eb at 0:14 is wrong, it's still an E, I can see this as an alternative to all those octaves, but it's a bit bad.
  • PankrazzoPankrazzo Road Warrior
    edited July 2011
    To all authors/producers of classical songs:

Please use a classy artwork that truly represents some classical touch, don't use a disgusting graphical abortion like this one: http://www.rockband.com/songs/UGC_5002834

Thank you.
  • edited July 2011
    The album artwork I'm using is my profile picture.