Any news on the following artists?

sieesiee Road Warrior
edited July 2011 in The Rock Band Network
So I've been seeing a few bands popping up from my teenage years and I can tell the artists are starting to get bigger on the RBN as these are fairly popular. When I was a teen I went through a process of listening to heavier music, starting with Bleeding Through and I'm just wondering if any of the below artists are in playtesting, I don't like being surprised anymore!

Bleeding Through
Soilwork
Fear Factory
As I Lay Dying
Atreyu
Chimaira
Children of Bodom
Cradle of Filth
In Flames

And is there anymore of current artists in RBN:
SikTh
SOiL
Ill Nino
Skindred

Thanks! New and old stuff is all good to me as long as they're in.

Comments

  • ZemanatorZemanator Rising Star
    edited July 2011
    soilwork's stabbing the drama is in PR, none of the other bands have shown up, nor do i know of any plans for them. (but, upon looking it all up for fun, i think all of the bands you listed there are on labels that are already working with stuff for the RBN, so there's always chances for it


    sikth soil ill nino and skindred have nothing on creators, but RGS would know more about those bands.
  • sieesiee Road Warrior
    edited July 2011
    Zemanator;4438914 said:
    soilwork's stabbing the drama is in PR, none of the other bands have shown up, nor do i know of any plans for them. (but, upon looking it all up for fun, i think all of the bands you listed there are on labels that are already working with stuff for the RBN, so there's always chances for it


    sikth soil ill nino and skindred have nothing on creators, but RGS would know more about those bands.

    Thanks for the info, I actually tried to keep my list strictly to labels that are already working with the Network.
  • OscarvariumOscarvarium Rising Star
    edited July 2011
    Remember, a good way to get bands interested is to contact them yourself and say you'd like to see something from them on RBN. This is particularly good if they already have something out because it shows that their first offering was well-received.
  • QuazifujiQuazifuji Opening Act
    edited July 2011
    I think Alt-Strum Productions is actually run by Fear Factory's drummer (although I may be wrong about this), but I assume he doesn't have the full rights to the songs (and hasn't been able to get them) or we'd have seen them already.
  • DragoonXDDragoonXD Road Warrior
    edited July 2011
    Quazifuji;4439168 said:
    I think Alt-Strum Productions is actually run by Fear Factory's drummer (although I may be wrong about this), but I assume he doesn't have the full rights to the songs (and hasn't been able to get them) or we'd have seen them already.
    This is true. Hopefully they'll be able to secure the rights eventually.
  • ExayleExayle Road Warrior
    edited July 2011
    Not to hijack your thread, but on the subject of follow-ups... does anyone know if there's been any progress on Circa's Survive The Difference Between Medicine And Poison Is In The Dose? Last I heard, it was being reworked to possibly see the light of day.
  • sieesiee Road Warrior
    edited July 2011
    Exayle;4439297 said:
    Not to hijack your thread, but on the subject of follow-ups... does anyone know if there's been any progress on Circa's Survive The Difference Between Medicine And Poison Is In The Dose? Last I heard, it was being reworked to possibly see the light of day.

    No hijacking here at all, I absolutely love Circa Survive to this day and wish to know the same.
  • Heavens_SaintHeavens_Saint Rising Star
    edited July 2011
    As much as I would like to get some Children of Bodom on the RBN, I can't see them joining in on the RBN. Some members of the band from what I know, aren't all that nice. But then again, that might not stop them from getting in on the RBN. But I just doubt it. I'll check the Creators site and let you know if any of the bands you listed are on it and are coming our way.
  • Coltfan1223Coltfan1223 Rising Star
    edited July 2011
    Circa Survive has hit peer review :)

    Edit: WAIT WAIT WAIT! ON CREATORS IT IS APPARENTLY PASSED! I'm sooo excited, I hope it passed in time for release Thursday
  • The FriskThe Frisk Opening Act
    edited July 2011
    Coltfan1223;4439542 said:
    Circa Survive has hit peer review :)

    Edit: WAIT WAIT WAIT! ON CREATORS IT IS APPARENTLY PASSED! I'm sooo excited, I hope it passed in time for release Thursday
    Does the song have any RBN2.0 upgrades, or is it another RBN1.0 track that took too long to get passed?
  • Coltfan1223Coltfan1223 Rising Star
    edited July 2011
    I'd imagine it has RBN 2.0 features, where applicable.
  • ShoTTySLanKiNShoTTySLanKiN Road Warrior
    edited July 2011
    OMG everyday I hope to get old school Victory Records artists! Namely I would buy The Curse- Atreyu. The whole damn album, make it happen Rhythm Authors!
  • SeymourDuncan17SeymourDuncan17 Road Warrior
    edited July 2011
    I am still waiting for The Splode Beneath My Spolsion.

    Words cannot describe how much I want it to come out already. This month marks a whole year since it's announcement.

    Words also cannot describe how incredibly giddy I'd be to see it in the upcoming releases.

    EDIT: Oh snap. Lonny himself is on Twitter and actually joined within the last few days. Lucky me! Hopefully he replies. I guess joining Twitter for that Soundgarden code wasn't such a bad thing!
  • sieesiee Road Warrior
    edited July 2011
    ShoTTySLanKiN;4439741 said:
    OMG everyday I hope to get old school Victory Records artists! Namely I would buy The Curse- Atreyu. The whole damn album, make it happen Rhythm Authors!
    HELL YES! Atreyu - Bleeding Mascara is my all-time wanted song.
  • SeymourDuncan17SeymourDuncan17 Road Warrior
    edited July 2011
    F***ING YES! Just heard back from Lonny:

    "Plan is to release that before end of year. Actually had SBMS 80% coded last summer, then got busy. :/"

    Awesome. So freaking awesome. Happy day!
  • xAtreyuxxAtreyux Unsigned
    edited July 2011
    Definitely needs more Atreyu on RB it's quite sad that there is only 1 songs by Atreyu on RB. So I hope so authoring group can make more Atreyu songs also Bleeding Through
  • Burntoutat22Burntoutat22 Opening Act
    edited July 2011
    ShoTTySLanKiN;4439741 said:
    OMG everyday I hope to get old school Victory Records artists! Namely I would buy The Curse- Atreyu. The whole damn album, make it happen Rhythm Authors!

    I agree. The Curse needs to be in RB one way or another. To get the WHOLE album in, they could lump the intro with Bleeding Mascara as a "slashie" song, "Blood Children (An Introduction)/Bleeding Mascara". and do the same with "An Interlude" and "Corseting". Just a thought. That way us huge fans can get the whole album without having to buy a song with limited instrumentation.

    Also, Atreyu and other bands similar are perfect for RBN because of harmonies and keys. I'm surprised the only RBN 2.0 song from Chiodos so far "Caves" didn't chart the keys, granted the keys are only for a few secs in the middle of the song. Any song off "All's well that ends well" would be freaking awesome in RB3.
Sign In or Register to comment.