The Main Drag - Please remake the drum chart!

s3xnios3xnio Unsigned
edited July 2011 in The Rock Band Network
So I've bought some song by The Main Drag, one of the harmonix-related bands that I really enjoy both listening to and play. The drums are pretty challening in some of the songs (How We'd Look on Paper for example) but they get completely ruined when you play them on pro drums (Kinda hard to do the faster rolls on the crash, and alternating between it and ride/hi-hat).

I know that its said that they wont do any remakes of already released songs but since this is a Harmonix related band I figured theres no harm in asking for it.

The Main Drag has so much variation and its a shame to let all of those drummingcharts go to waste.

Comments

• NoThru22NoThru22 Road Warrior
    edited July 2011
    s3xnio;4438917 said:
    I know that its said that they wont do any remakes of already released songs but since this is a Harmonix related band I figured theres no harm in asking for it.
    Who is "they" and who said it? Harmonix has released RB3 versions of songs and so have RBN authors. All we need to do is convince John Drake to do this!
  • edited July 2011
    Thread sent to John Drake, drummer for The Main Drag and author of the drum charts.
    edited July 2011
    This would be a good chance for John to rectify his claim that RBN charts take pro drum data from the midi file! (Yes, he already apologized for making that claim, but I want those songs!)
  • s3xnios3xnio Unsigned
    edited July 2011
    John Drake, we belive in you! <3
  • AskariNariAskariNari Rising Star
    edited July 2011
    Don't Let Me Down (Slowly), the RBN2 example song, is fully charted with keys and drums and harmonies, so it might be likely that The Main Drag songs could end up with some RB3 versions eventually. What I want, personally, is the original version of A Jagged Gorgeous Winter. Now that there are keys I want to learn that keys part so bad.
  • edited July 2011
    Not only do these songs have great drums that could really use pro versions but they also have great harmonies and keys and it would be a shame if we never got Dove nets, Whats Your Favorite Dinosaur?, Jagged Gorgeous Winter, and the already charted Don't Let Me Down (Slowly).

Please John Drake give us RB3 versions.
  • GNFfhqwhgadsGNFfhqwhgads 99% Washed Up
    edited July 2011
    hmxhenry;4438940 said:
    Thread sent to John Drake, drummer for The Main Drag and author of the drum charts.
    I have to ask. Why DIDN'T John do Pro drums? I know you guys were hiding it, but I doubt anyone woulda found it, and John works at Harmonix as the PR head, so it's not like he'd spill the beans. Or you know, not be able to figure out how, considering he's surrounded by people that did it.
  • SirDavidTLynchSirDavidTLynch Headliner
    edited July 2011
    Apparently he didn't know more than anyone else; he's the one who infamously said at E³ or somewhere that the pro drum charts are taken from the animations.
    edited July 2011
    SirDavidTLynch;4439263 said:
    Apparently he didn't know more than anyone else; he's the one who infamously said at E³ or somewhere that the pro drum charts are taken from the animations.
    Yeah, but he could have easily been told.
  • ricecakericecake Road Warrior
    edited July 2011
    While we're at it, how about releasing "Cease and Desist" on PS3 so the Workaholic goal isn't locked forever? :)
    edited July 2011
    GNFfhqwhgads;4439254 said:
    I have to ask. Why DIDN'T John do Pro drums? I know you guys were hiding it, but I doubt anyone woulda found it, and John works at Harmonix as the PR head, so it's not like he'd spill the beans. Or you know, not be able to figure out how, considering he's surrounded by people that did it.
    He admitted that he had the wrong idea from the beginning (that the pro drums data came from the midi animation data.) How could he have been told (responding to a few posts down) if there was no way to test RBN tracks with pro drums until after Rock Band 3 came out?
  • Risu-XRisu-X Opening Act
    edited July 2011
    It would be amazing to get RB3 Versions of The Main Drag songs. I bought all of "Yours As Fast As Mine" and most of "You Are Underwater" and I would honestly buy them again with Keys, Pro Drums and Harmonies. "How We'd Look On Paper," "What's Your Favorite Dinosaur," and "Megatron" would be amazing with all three.

Please, John Drake, many people would support this!
    edited July 2011
    NoThru22;4439541 said:
    How could he have been told (responding to a few posts down) if there was no way to test RBN tracks with pro drums until after Rock Band 3 came out?
    Because he works at Harmonix.
  • BlasteroidsBlasteroids Road Warrior
    edited July 2011
    GNFfhqwhgads;4439254 said:
    I have to ask. Why DIDN'T John do Pro drums?
    GNFfhqwhgads;4439265 said:
    Yeah, but he could have easily been told.
    NoThru22;4439541 said:
    How could he have been told (responding to a few posts down) if there was no way to test RBN tracks with pro drums until after Rock Band 3 came out?
    GNFfhqwhgads;4440187 said:

2 words : "Plausible deniability"

PR guys are often not informed of items so they can come over as being truthful when not knowing the full facts, then they can act all surprised and (if it is a market leader positive) use it as positive spin. Those PR guys, how naive they appear ;)
    edited July 2011
    If John is such a good PR guy, then how did he let the RB3 harmonies announcement slip out like that?

trollface.jpg
    edited July 2011
    GNFfhqwhgads;4440187 said:
    So you think he walked through the halls every day bellowing "I'm authoring my RBN songs, which I do in my own free time, under the assumption that animation data dictacts pro drums" and an engineer should've jumped into his path with his hand extended and shouted, "Stop, you need to identify the pro drums in the gem data, not the animations!"?
    edited July 2011
    GNFfhqwhgads;4440377 said:
    If John is such a good PR guy, then how did he let the RB3 harmonies announcement slip out like that?
    Did he? I never knew. Was this before TB:RB release?
    GNFfhqwhgads;4440377 said:
    trollface.jpg

suprisedface.png

I tend to avoid all RBN 1.0 tracks now due to not knowing if it does or does not contain pro-drums. So I would welcome re-releases of songs with pro support, as I am more likely to purchase them. Some of The Main Drag songs do sound like they would be fun on pro-drums.

Having to find a get off my drumkit, go upstairs, boot computer, login to computer, go online, find thread that says if it supports pro-drums, find song, turn off computer, go back downstairs, park bum, select buy... is just too much hard work for a lazy sod like me :)
  • TubaDude49TubaDude49 Road Warrior
    edited July 2011
    Blasteroids;4440847 said:
    Did he? I never knew. Was this before TB:RB release?
    EDIT:Wasn't him
    How is Rock Band 2 going to handle the hamonies in the Green Day tracks once they are exported?
    CF:We've said RB3 is going to have harmonies already, right?
    Rest of HMX: No.
    CF:Whoops

Something along those lines
  • edited July 2011
    TubaDude49;4440853 said:
    How is Rock Band 2 going to handle the hamonies in the Green Day tracks once they are exported?
    JD:We've said RB3 is going to have harmonies already, right?
    Rest of HMX: No.
    JD:Whoops

Something along those lines

Only replace John Drake with Chris Foster, who was actually the one that let word slip at one of our panels. Drake burst in after the fact, dragged a chair in front of the stage and sat and glared at them ominously.
    edited July 2011
    hmxhenry;4440873 said:
    Only replace John Drake with Chris Foster, who was actually the one that let word slip at one of our panels. Drake burst in after the fact, dragged a chair in front of the stage and sat and glared at them ominously.

See, that's what I get for listening to other people. Misinformation. Thanks
  • HMXLachesisHMXLachesis Harmonix Alum
    edited July 2011
    hmxhenry;4440873 said:
    Chris Foster announcing harmonies in GD:RB: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZ6pGfW4hOI&feature=player_embedded

What happened when John Drake found out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dCDRwCE4OU
    edited July 2011
    Awesome ;)
    Anyways, even if that wasn't him, did he have something to do with this(the one that caused this video, not the video itself)
    edited July 2011
    hmxhenry;4440873 said:
    Drake burst in after the fact, dragged a chair in front of the stage and sat and glared at them ominously.

Lol, what did he think he was going to do? Perhaps he was hoping that he could be a... Firin Mah Lazer!
  • HMXJohnDHMXJohnD Harmonix Developer & One Man Dance Party
    edited July 2011
    Hey Folks:

A few things:

1) I'll look into doing this at some point in the future, probably post DC2 launch. We're still scrambling to support all this craziness we have going on for all the titles! It actually IS a fair amount of work to do (especially with keys and harmonies) - even just the time to resubmit and get approvals isn't minimal. I didn't think there was really a demand, but I'll do my best!

2) I screwed up about the Pro Drums thing (i was misinformed by a dev, who clearly didn't know what they were talking about) and i've owned up to it multiple times. WHY YOU GOTTA KEEP BRINGING IT UP?? It's embarrassing enough!

3) Chris Foster is the jerk who leaked harmonies. He is a jerk and I told him so. He is a leaky jerk, but I still love him.

That's all for now. Thanks for being psyched. Our little band went whole hog doing all that authoring ourselves (and we got some extra tracks for our sister band Blanks. in there via the awesomeness at Rock Gamer - check those out if you want hard drum charts!) - but it was inTENSE. Fingers crossed I have more spare time down the road, or that we make NEW tracks and author them all across the board! :)

<3s,
    JD
    edited July 2011
    There is demand!

And hey, I want credit for defending you!
  • ricecakericecake Road Warrior
    edited July 2011
    HMXLachesis;4440918 said:
    Chris Foster announcing harmonies in GD:RB: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WZ6pGfW4hOI&feature=player_embedded

What happened when John Drake found out: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dCDRwCE4OU
    I was hoping his reaction would have been more like this:
    http://vimeo.com/15040022