RBN DLC Discussion: 7/7/2011 (Xbox), 7/12/2011 (PS3)

HMXLachesisHMXLachesis Harmonix Alum
edited July 2011 in The Rock Band Network
Xbox 360 RBN Releases for Thursday, 7/7/2011

Alternative
* Alien Ant Farm - "Glow" (160 MSP)

Country
* Casey James Prestwood - "Rebel On My Side" (160 MSP)

Fusion
* Shylo Elliott - "Cool Concoction" (160 MSP)

Metal
* Fallen Angel - "Grant Me Peace" (160 MSP)
* Severed - "Envision" (160 MSP)
* White Wizzard - "Over the Top" (160 MSP)
* The Dillinger Escape Plan - "Farewell, Mona Lisa" (160 MSP)

Other
* Christopher J. - "Dawn of Spring" (80 MSP)

Pop/Dance/Electronic
* Child of Glass feat. Suela - "Fame Is Free" (160 MSP)

Prog
* Neonfly - "Ship With No Sails" (160 MSP)
* Neonfly - "Ship With No Sails (2x Bass Pedal)" (160 MSP)

Rock
* Bumblefoot - "Turn Around" (160 MSP)
* Chiodos - "Caves" (160 MSP)
* Conditions - "Better Life" (160 MSP)
* Standing Shadows - "Circus Freak" (160 MSP)

PS3 RBN releases for Tuesday, 7/12/2011 (Wednesday, 7/13/2011 in Europe)

* Andromeda - "Another Step" ($1.99) - Prog
* Asking Alexandria - "The Final Episode (Let's Change the Channel) (RB3 version)" ($1.99) - Metal
* Bluefusion - "Andromeda" ($0.99) - Prog
* Seether - "Country Song" ($1.99) - Rock
* Tina Guo - "Queen Bee" ($1.99) - Metal

Enjoy.

Comments

• SeymourDuncan17SeymourDuncan17 Road Warrior
    edited July 2011
    Repost:

I know I've said this for like the last 2 weeks, but THIS week is the best release in a long long time! I mean it!

If only because I've bought a whopping 6 tracks today and all of them I can see myself playing more than just one more time and that especially goes for Turn Around, Glow and Over the Top. Seriously, I can't get over how much Over the Top reminds me of Triumph. And it's nice to have a Bumblefoot song that's not just pure difficulty.
  • LunaticSoulLunaticSoul Rising Star
    edited July 2011
    This a great week for PS3, too. Queen Bee and Andromeda (the song) are sick. Now we have every Andromeda (the band) available on RBN and that Seether song is great too.
    Now, a-ehm, Asking Alexandria will sell like pancakes so I suppose it's good that,too.

WHY IS THAT GENRE SO STUPID OH-MY-GOD (I even quoted the lyrics!!!1111)
  • DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
    edited July 2011
    As much as I can't stand Asking Alexandira.. i bought it for a friend who comes over and now i'll rebuy it so we can do harmonies.

Otherwise I like this week for the 2nd week in a row.
  • GraffinGraffin Rising Star
    edited July 2011
    Getting better for the PS3... all I want now is "Sick, Sick, Sick" by Bayside and i'll be happy!
  • FiGMarcusFiGMarcus Unsigned
    edited July 2011
    I just wanted to take the time to say thank you to Harmonix for putting up one of Bluefusion's songs for PS3! They've been celebrating, as have we, and it'd an honor to finally be up there on both the HD consoles too.

Also! Glad everyone's been digging the Bumblefoot release for 360, too! This is one of my personal favorite Bumblefoot tunes, so as you can imagine, I'm pretty stoked too!
  • Lord_MhoramLord_Mhoram Road Warrior
    edited July 2011
    * Alien Ant Farm - "Glow"
    * Casey James Prestwood - "Rebel On My Side"
    * Fallen Angel - "Grant Me Peace"
    * White Wizzard - "Over the Top"
    * Christopher J. - "Dawn of Spring"
    * Child of Glass feat. Suela - "Fame Is Free"
    * Neonfly - "Ship With No Sails"
    * Bumblefoot - "Turn Around"

Big Week for me. 8 songs I really like. The Casey James Presswood song was a realy nice surprise. And a couple of retro sounding Metal bands. And some other good stuff. I'm very happy this week.
  • DragoonXDDragoonXD Road Warrior
    edited July 2011
    I think this is one of the most diverse weeks in a while. Such an amazing week.
  • GNFfhqwhgadsGNFfhqwhgads 99% Washed Up
    edited July 2011
    Farewell, Mona Lisa 2x not pass or what?
  • DragoonXDDragoonXD Road Warrior
    edited July 2011
    GNFfhqwhgads;4441557 said:
    Farewell, Mona Lisa 2x not pass or what?
    It did, just not in time for the store update.
  • FlyGuyLXIFlyGuyLXI Headl!ner
    edited July 2011
    Interesting RBN week in a long time.

That Christopher J. song is very interesting. "Over the Top" and "Grant Me Peace" sounds pretty adequate too but I no longer buy songs without key parts unless I really really want it.

I'm not too sure what Rock Band and/or Shylo Elliot's definition of Fusion is, but whatever it is, it isn't my definition.
  • PankrazzoPankrazzo Road Warrior
    edited July 2011
    I highly recommend Alien Ant Farm's "Glow" (overall fun song), White Wizzard's "Over the Top" (great Iron Maiden "tribute") & Christopher J.'s "Dawn of Spring" (fantastic ambient instrumental).

Bummer that "The Stars" by Jukebox the Ghost missed the store update only by a few hours though :/
  • Bront20Bront20 The Writing's on the Wall
    edited July 2011
    Country Song! Sweet!
  • PaperMario21PaperMario21 Road Warrior
    edited July 2011
    That Neonfly song is pretty cool,
    more prog is always welcome.
  • SeymourDuncan17SeymourDuncan17 Road Warrior
    edited July 2011
    Pankrazzo;4441832 said:
    Bummer that "The Stars" by Jukebox the Ghost missed the store update only by a few hours though :/

Looks like I'll be really enjoying next week too!
  • jeronemitchelljeronemitchell Road Warrior
    edited July 2011
    Just "Fame Is Free" for me. Last week saw me get more RBN songs (2) than HMX DLC songs (1). We'll see with the coming announcement if the one RBN song beats out the HMX DLC again...
  • BeebBeeb Banned
    edited July 2011
    Sad how it isn't Movies by AAF; hopefully that will be next week.

Also I was hoping the Chiodos song was a RB3 version of Lexington, but ah well.
  • k-mack-mac Road Warrior
    edited July 2011
    Both Casey James Prestwood's "Rebel on my Side" and Neonfly's "Ship with no Sails" were awesome! Ship with no Sails is especially recommended.
  • HeavyMetalKingHeavyMetalKing Road Warrior
    edited July 2011
    I'm hoping Caves eventually makes it to PS3. It's one of the few songs I still listen to from the newest Chiodos album.
  • Backwards MarathonBackwards Marathon Rising Star
    edited July 2011
    I see some people already have the circa survive song. Not listed here or on rbnreleases. So is that out this week as well or next week?
    edited July 2011
    Graffin;4441238 said:
    Getting better for the PS3... all I want now is "Sick, Sick, Sick" by Bayside and i'll be happy!
    I love that song. Play it almost every time I play rb.
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited July 2011
    Backwards Marathon;4442380 said:
    I see some people already have the circa survive song. Not listed here or on rbnreleases. So is that out this week as well or next week?

It's on there. You have to hit All Songs to get the unreleased ones to pop up.

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/games/offers/80000a53-0000-4000-8000-000045410914
    edited July 2011
    ThatAuthoringGroup;4442383 said:
    It's on there. You have to hit All Songs to get the unreleased ones to pop up.

http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/games/offers/80000a53-0000-4000-8000-000045410914
    Sweet, thanks.
  • clean515clean515 Unsigned
    edited July 2011
    I am sorry to ask like some idiot but is PS3 version not getting farewell mona lisa? That is the song I have been most hyped about. :(
  • GNFfhqwhgadsGNFfhqwhgads 99% Washed Up
    edited July 2011
    clean515;4444976 said:
    I am sorry to ask like some idiot but is PS3 version not getting farewell mona lisa? That is the song I have been most hyped about. :(
    It just came out five seconds ago for Xbox. You have to wait a month before it'll even be CONSIDERED for PS3 release.
  • MannyG14MannyG14 Unsigned
    edited July 2011
    Farewell Mona Lisa is amazing, who authorized it? i need them to do more. ranked 15 on x guitar :)
  • Bront20Bront20 The Writing's on the Wall
    edited July 2011
    MannyG14;4445741 said:
    Farewell Mona Lisa is amazing, who authorized it? i need them to do more. ranked 15 on x guitar :)

You can look this up in the music store, and on the music page here.
  • TheDescentTheDescent Road Warrior
    edited July 2011
    MannyG14;4445741 said:
    I Authorized it. In a normal situation, infact, it wouldn't be allowed to exist.
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited July 2011
    MannyG14;4445741 said:

That was authored by us!

We're currently talking with the label about getting more Dillinger, and we'll keep the forums updated!
  • MannyG14MannyG14 Unsigned
    edited July 2011