DLC Discussion: 7/12 - Frankie Goes to Hollywood, P.O.D and Erasure!

Comments

• Heavens_SaintHeavens_Saint Rising Star
    edited July 2011
  • murphmurph Rising Star
    edited July 2011
    definitely Relax. Thinking about Respect and Boom.

BTW - have you seen the Boom video with POD playing ping pong? saw it for the first time just now. really funny.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xh440s_p-o-d-boom-video-shot-to-album-version-audio_music
  • David2380David2380 Road Warrior
    edited July 2011
    Ingame;4441949 said:
    For me, this is the worst week since Stone Sour. Nothing... more? And everytime a Weird Al related song is announced, I‘m reminded how great it would be to have some of his stuff in the game. Oh well, Soundgarden next week.

And where‘s the country songs? I want my Ring of Fire!

Soundgarden? HuH? Was this confirmed or just a guess?
  • RockBandRockerRockBandRocker Love Is A Battleship
    edited July 2011
    Ha! :D

Super stoked about "A Little Respect". Looks like I was a week off in my prediction. :p Here's hoping we get more Erasure (hint: "Always") in the future.

Also excited about "Relax". It's definitely one of those "guilty pleasure" songs.

Keep the '80's music coming HMX!
  • MileycyrussouljaMileycyrussoulja Road Warrior
    edited July 2011
    What the? I don't know any of these songs except Frankie, so I'll listen to that again and see if it's worth buying. Another meh week.
  • DemonUnicornsDemonUnicorns Normally Dumb
    edited July 2011
    David2380;4441957 said:

You're kidding, right? Yes, Soundgarden was announced in HMX's summer bands post.
    edited July 2011
    David2380;4441957 said:

nevermind ...just read it...cool
  • FujiSkunkFujiSkunk Headliner
    edited July 2011
    None of these are all that high on my "must have" list, but shoot, for some extra '80s goodness for me and some extra modern Christian rock for the roomy, I'll probably buy the whole batch. That's cool.
    edited July 2011
    DemonUnicorns;4441961 said:
    You're kidding, right? Yes, Soundgarden was announced in HMX's summer bands post.

I know they were in the post but didn't know they were confirmed for next week
  • MycoolMycool Opening Act
    edited July 2011
    Disappointing week, but I guess they can't all be winners. Soungarden 7/19...FTW!
  • HeyRilesHeyRiles Besse's Girl
    edited July 2011
    Well just listened to Erasure, it literally vomited 80s all over my laptop

I think I'm dumb for liking P.O.D., but it is one of those bands that I heard a lot when I was young, so I have no choice but to like it

And Zoolander
  • gham77gham77 Opening Act
    edited July 2011
    wow. 5 tracks last week, 4 tracks this week.
    We better not get a 3 pack and nothing else next week. That would suck.

But on a lighter note, yes to Frankie and Erasure.
    A big, bold "GOOD GOD NO" to POD.

Enjoy everybody :)
  • RockBandand24FanaticRockBandand24Fanatic Road Warrior
    edited July 2011
    I do find it weird that the country songs are taking so long to be released. Its been 5 months now, HMX should just release them and get it over with.
    edited July 2011
    TheHundredDollarHeadache;4441945 said:
    Can anyone explain the (Come Fighting) after Relax's title?

Wikipedia Is Your Friend

Basically it means we're getting the album version. Apparently FGtH added a different parenthetical title to each mix of the song released. "Relax (Move)" is the name of the original 7" single mix.
  • Tykki-TemeTykki-Teme Road Warrior
    edited July 2011
    A meh announcement at first glance, but after hearing the tracks I'll most likely get the P.O.D. songs. Already waiting for Soundgarden.
  • TheStuddzTheStuddz Lil Rascal
    edited July 2011
    HeyRiles;4441967 said:
    And Zoolander

Couldn't have put it better myself.
    edited July 2011
    HeyRiles;4441967 said:
    Well just listened to Erasure, it literally vomited 80s all over my laptop

So, you're not going to give a little respect to meeeeeeeee?

(C'mon dude. The vocalist in you is probably excited about the opportunity to sing that song.)
  • KEWBKEWB Road Warrior
    edited July 2011
    You have no idea how disappointed I was when I saw Erasure and looked and saw that it wasn't Always. Yes I pretty much only know and want it because of Robot Unicorn Attack.
  • SayburrSayburr The Always Informative Rock Band Forum Guru
    edited July 2011
    TheHundredDollarHeadache;4441945 said:
    Can anyone explain the (Come Fighting) after Relax's title?
    edit: The youth of FujiSkunk beat the old man ramblings...

Wiki is your friend

"Relax (Come Fighting)" was the version of the song included on the Welcome to the Pleasuredome album. This is ostensibly a variant of the 7-inch "Move" mix, but readily distinguishable from it in many ways, of which the most obvious are the fade-in (virtually no fade-in and the vocal is always central on the album track), plus a prominent reverbed-kick-drum sound during the introduction and third sung chorus (completely missing from the album version). The "Come Fighting" version also shares with the later "1993 Classic Mix" reissue (which is almost identical to the album version) a certain post-production sheen (greater stereo separation of parts, more strategic uses of reverb, etc.) that is absent from the original 1983 7-inch single mix.
    edited July 2011
    Sayburr;4441993 said:
    Wiki is your friend
    Copycat. :)
  • HeyRilesHeyRiles Besse's Girl
    edited July 2011
    RockBandRocker;4441980 said:
    So, you're not going to give a little respect to meeeeeeeee?

(C'mon dude. The vocalist in you is probably excited about the opportunity to sing that song.)

I'm inherently crappy on 80s songs in general

Vocally speaking, I'm a good deal more excited yelling at the P.O.D. songs

Hey, that's two bands in two weeks that have periods in their name!
    edited July 2011
    HeyRiles;4441999 said:
    Hey, that's two bands in two weeks that have periods in their name!
    Mr. Mister confirmed for next week!
  • gham77gham77 Opening Act
    edited July 2011
    FujiSkunk;4442009 said:
    Mr. Mister confirmed for next week!
    Mr. Bungle confirmed :P
    edited July 2011
    HeyRiles;4441999 said:
    I'm inherently crappy on 80s songs in general

Right, I forgot, '80's songs are "old people music" to you. ;)

I'm better, vocally speaking, on most of the pre-90's/'00's songs. I guess it's due to being more familiar with the older songs than the relatively more recent songs.
  • SalvatorisSalvatoris "pretty good week" - Salvatoris
    edited July 2011
    Nothing for me this week. I like Erasure, but not that song... no interest at all in the Frankie Goes to Hollywood, and I generally stay away from Christian rock. I have gotten a lot of songs in the last month, so I expected to see weeks full of stuff I don't care for.... mostly I'm just bummed out that on our best chance to get it, still no Incubus. :(
  • broncosfan06broncosfan06 Debbie Downer
    edited July 2011
    Well 0 for 4 for me this week....pretty meh offerings...i remember when a singles week meant 8-9 songs with huge variety where everyone could find at least one or two tracks. Its very obvious with the smaller weeks that HMX is having a harder time getting DLC without MTV.

Nothing for me next week either. Lame face.
  • CleverConveyenceCleverConveyence Opening Act
    edited July 2011
    Amazing, it's like the last few weeks have been all about music I used to think was cool because I was 14 at the time. My impressionable teenage past self thanks you, HMX!
  • Nick360Nick360 Opening Act
    edited July 2011
    broncosfan06;4442016 said:
    Well 0 for 4 for me this week....pretty meh offerings...i remember when a singles week meant 8-9 songs with huge variety where everyone could find at least one or two tracks. Its very obvious with the smaller weeks that HMX is having a harder time getting DLC without MTV.

Nothing for me next week either. Lame face.
    It's the hottest season of the year when most people go outside. I'm sure we'll start getting more DLC per week once school starts up again.
  • SkodeSkode Headliner
    edited July 2011
    RockBandand24Fanatic;4441969 said:
    I do find it weird that the country songs are taking so long to be released. Its been 5 months now, HMX should just release them and get it over with.

I actually mentioned about the delay in getting the CTP songs as DLC and HMX Henry himself explained the situation to me.
    hmxhenry;4440954 said:
    We're still planning on putting out the CTP2 tracks as DLC. There are a few licensing issues (which artists can be bundled together, which labels don't want to be featured side by side) and and a few bundling issues (the option of several smaller packs versus one large pack) and some timing issues (should we prioritize these tracks over other bands we've got in the pipeline for the summer). So yeah, a few details to iron out, but we're still planning on putting these songs out as DLC.
  • dikettedikette Opening Act
    edited July 2011
    Nice week!
    this next week i'm getting:
    • Erasure – “A Little Respect”
    • Frankie Goes to Hollywood – “Relax (Come Fighting)”