DLC Discussion: 7/12 - Frankie Goes to Hollywood, P.O.D and Erasure!

edited May 2012 in Rock Band
hmxhenry;4441015 said:
Hey gang,

Next week's DLC contains 4 singles: 2 from P.O.D. and 1 track each from Erasure and Frankie Goes to Hollywood, both brand new entries to the RB library! A nice mix of variety and, of course, the all important addition of "Relax". Enjoy!

Available on Xbox 360, Wii and PlayStation®3 system (July 12*):

• Erasure – “A Little Respect”
• Frankie Goes to Hollywood – “Relax (Come Fighting)”
• P.O.D. – “Boom” X
• P.O.D. – “Youth of the Nation”

These tracks will be available for purchase as individual tracks on Xbox 360, PlayStation®3 system and Wii. Tracks marked with “X” will include Pro Guitar and Pro Bass expansions for $0.99 per song.

*Tracks are expected to release July 13th in Sony Europe

Price:

$1.99 USD, £.99 UK, €1.49 EU (160 Microsoft Points) per song
$2.00 USD (200 Wii Points™) per song
$0.99 USD (100 Wii Points/80 Microsoft Points), £0.59 UK, €0.79 EU per song for eligible Pro Guitar/Pro Bass upgrade

** Dates for Rock Band game tracks are tentative and subject to change. **
Will the forums go BOOM over this announcement, or will everybody just relax? More importantly, will this DLC get a little respect from the youth of the nation? Discuss!

Comments

• RockBandand24FanaticRockBandand24Fanatic Road Warrior
    edited July 2011
    Meh week, not bad, just really small. Hopefully a big pack from an artist will come soon, like a best of 12 pack, we've had one very summer, hopefully HMX will keep that tradition going.
  • MourganDespanaMourganDespana Road Warrior
    edited July 2011
    Any week where you get 3 out of 4, is a great week. POD and Frankie, welcome to my song list,
  • fcmleftyfcmlefty Road Warrior
    edited July 2011
    Definitely will pick up the 2 POD songs. Will have to see if the wife wants FGTH. Will pass on Erasure. Will give my wallet a bit of a break before Soundgarden next week.
  • SeymourDuncan17SeymourDuncan17 Road Warrior
    edited July 2011
    GOSH DARNIT WE GOT OUR HOPES UP FOR FREAKING NOTHING D':

But, POD is a really cool surprise and Relax is a must-buy. Never heard A Little Respect before, but it sounds really good.
  • Deeznutzs27Deeznutzs27 Road Warrior
    edited July 2011
    Thank god for Soundgarden next week..
  • BrutalBrianBrutalBrian Road Warrior
    edited July 2011
    ERASURE!!

A longtime favorite of mine. "The Innocents" is IMHO one of the best albums ever released. So purchased on Tues. I see Relax is an alternate version, so I will have to listen to it before I buy.

Again, however, ERASURE!!! OMG!!
  • twinkiebeyondtwinkiebeyond Unsigned
    edited July 2011
    Awww, man...that's not the Robot Unicorn song. Sad face.
  • PankrazzoPankrazzo Road Warrior
    edited July 2011
    Great songs, but really excited for Erasure (would have even taken Wheatus' cover version).

4/4
  • AerithLovesTifaAerithLovesTifa Opening Act
    edited July 2011
    Getting Relax
    Got my hope up for Always when I saw Erasure then got sad :(
    I'll probably still get it
  • DoughoefDoughoef Road Warrior
    edited July 2011
    Nothing for me. I'll save my money for Soundgarden.
  • DeNiceDeNice Unsigned
    edited July 2011
    Alright, more P.O.D! I said this when Alive came out last year that I still wish we can get some tracks from "When Angels and Serpents Dance" and "Testify" instead of just from "Satellite", but I'm definitely gonna enjoy Youth of the Nation. Been waiting for it ever since Guitar Hero 6 managed to get it under its belt a while ago. The other two I'm not sure if I'll get, but I'll at least give them a listen again before download day.
  • MPPMikeMPPMike Rising Star
    edited July 2011
    Love the Erasure and Frankie! Yes, my 80s pop roots are showing. P.O.D. always annoyed me for some reason, so I'll pass on those. "Youth of the Nation" might sway me over, but I can't stand "Boom".
  • sillystousillystou Headliner
    edited July 2011
    Deeznutzs27;4441924 said:
    Thank god for Soundgarden next week..

My thoughts exactly.
  • TheStuddzTheStuddz Lil Rascal
    edited July 2011
    Okay, I'll admit it. I'm slightly disappointed. It was implied in the prediction thread (albeit by an unofficial source) that we would be receiving a small pack along with the singles. He or she lied. Shame, as I was hoping for something that could tide me over until the week of 7/26, as I am by no means a fan of Soundgarden. Still, I guess I should be comforted by "Relax" and "A Little Respect". "Relax" is a classic, and will be a welcome addition to my library. And I've been wanting "A Little Respect" in Rock Band since it appeared on Scrubs. No interest in P.O.D. So two out of four isn't that bad. I was just hoping for a little something more.
  • HetzHetz Rising Star
    edited July 2011
    Will get Relax....the rest is just MEH.

Since next week we know is Soundgarden (another huge MEH, especially with no Blackhole Sun or Spoonman), it looks like two rather bad weeks of DLC in a row. :(
  • MostSpartan14MostSpartan14 Road Warrior
    edited July 2011
    I might get Relax depending on the chart, but overall a skip week for me.
  • nineisminenineismine Opening Act
    edited July 2011
    yeah relatively weak songs for me. Will probably grab Relax...
  • Pointblank41Pointblank41 Rising Star
    edited July 2011
    only one pro guitar upgrade this week? slightly disapointed. Was hoping we would at least get some legacy upgrades since it's been quite a while.

Hopefully next week we get a ton of pro upgrades since the Soundgarden Summer announcement said, "a 6 pack from Soundgarden, most with pro upgrades)
  • Lord_MhoramLord_Mhoram Road Warrior
    edited July 2011
    Really don't like P.O.D, and the Erasure song is not a big favorite (but I might get it anyway, because I like the genre). Relax is a must buy.

Small week for me - 1 for sure.
    And next week is going to be even worse. I don't care for Soundgarden all that much, I like 3 or so of their songs, and none of those are in the pack.
  • SportzterSportzter Road Warrior
    edited July 2011
    Great Week :)
  • BrutalBrianBrutalBrian Road Warrior
    edited July 2011
    AerithLovesTifa;4441928 said:
    Getting Relax
    Got my hope up for Always when I saw Erasure then got sad :(
    I'll probably still get it

Yeah I'd also like Ship of Fools, Chains of Love, and Chorus. A Little Respect is a fine song. Just glad to have Erasure in RB.
  • TheHundredDollarHeadacheTheHundredDollarHeadache Pedantic Broken Record
    edited July 2011
    Can anyone explain the (Come Fighting) after Relax's title?
  • aggiesrul8aggiesrul8 Road Warrior
    edited July 2011
    Definately get the P.O.D.... the others are a game-time decision
  • IngameIngame Unsigned
    edited July 2011
    For me, this is the worst week since Stone Sour. Nothing... more? And everytime a Weird Al related song is announced, I‘m reminded how great it would be to have some of his stuff in the game. Oh well, Soundgarden next week.

And where‘s the country songs? I want my Ring of Fire!
  • SkodeSkode Headliner
    edited July 2011
    Aahhh, as expected HMX have been keeping up the recent and very welcome approach to bringing us songs featured on GH and in this case its P.O.D. Im surprised at both them and Erasure but none the less know all the songs available this week and whilst i dont really care for the non-POD songs i will naturally grab them as well for the potential party hit appeal they could bring.
  • OlDirtyDawsonOlDirtyDawson Unsigned
    edited July 2011
    I ran to the forum after I got the announcement on Twitter.

Erasure's "A Little Respect" is a 5-star track for me. I'm very excited. Massive Depeche Mode fan, and of course, I like Vince Clarke's work as well. Best song off of their best album (LOVE The Innocents, was 8 when it was released and am still a massive fan). At the risk of being greedy, I would have also taken "Ship Of Fools", "Hallowed Ground", or "Chains of Love". So excited to play the Pro Keys and get 100% expert!

"Relax" will also be a very fun track to play, a 4-star song for me that I will also take the time to try to master. Very cool. It'd be the most exciting track most DLC weeks for me, but it got overshadowed. Not a bad thing : )

P.O.D. I like, but if there's no Pro Keys, I will not buy the tracks.

Decent week, still need more than 4 songs a week, but I'm never getting off that point.
  • DemonUnicornsDemonUnicorns Normally Dumb
    edited July 2011
    All good streaks of DLC must end at some time, eh? Nothing for me, thanks. But I'm excited for the weeks to come!
  • Heavens_SaintHeavens_Saint Rising Star
    edited July 2011
    Crap week is crap.
  • murphmurph Rising Star
    edited July 2011
    definitely Relax. Thinking about Respect and Boom.

BTW - have you seen the Boom video with POD playing ping pong? saw it for the first time just now. really funny.

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xh440s_p-o-d-boom-video-shot-to-album-version-audio_music
  • David2380David2380 Road Warrior
    edited July 2011
    Ingame;4441949 said:
    For me, this is the worst week since Stone Sour. Nothing... more? And everytime a Weird Al related song is announced, I‘m reminded how great it would be to have some of his stuff in the game. Oh well, Soundgarden next week.

And where‘s the country songs? I want my Ring of Fire!

Soundgarden? HuH? Was this confirmed or just a guess?