PS3: RB3 versions or new songs?

Bront20Bront20 The Writing's on the Wall
edited July 2011 in The Rock Band Network
Given there are several RB3 versions of RBN songs that have been released, and a few of them are versions of songs on the PSN, it seems a valid question to ask, and likely to effect more people than the 2X bass pedal issue.

What's your preference?

Comments

• TheDescentTheDescent Road Warrior
    edited July 2011
    I'd really want to see RB3 version. Asking Alexandria is coming next week, and the only thing that was keeping me from buying the RBN1 version was the fact that pro drums weren't charted. Can't wait to play keys as well.

There are a lot of interesting RB3 version already out on RBN2.0, and I want them all. As well as the versions that are currently in the pipeline.

Heck, I'd buy almost everything in RB3 version, not having pro drums suck hard. I'm not getting even rats because of that. The drum chart is sick.
  • Bront20Bront20 The Writing's on the Wall
    edited July 2011
    I'm a RB3 version fan. Pro drums on a few songs would help, but keys and harmonies are big draws for folks at my parties, and it always feels weird playing songs (even HMX released DLC) that don't have them and should now.
  • dansolodansolo Rising Star
    edited July 2011
    "I'd buy that for a dollar" or two
  • PeridotWeaponPeridotWeapon Opening Act
    edited July 2011
    Well, at present, RB3 Versions don't have that big of a presence in RBN - there's only four of them (Africa, Buried Cold, Midnight Eyes, and The Final Episode), compared to over SIXTY 2x Bass versions.

I suppose that stands to reason, though - it takes considerably more effort to make an RB3 version than it does to double your bass pedal on various places of a single chart.

I don't believe the PS3 ever got the old versions of Buried Cold or Midnight Eyes, and The Final Episode is already coming over. So until more PS3 versions appear, the question being asked is really, "Would you like the RB3 Version of Africa?" Because it's the only one that would be receiving a re-release upgrade if it appeared.
    edited July 2011
    PeridotWeapon;4441770 said:
    I don't believe the PS3 ever got the old versions of Buried Cold or Midnight Eyes, and The Final Episode is already coming over.
    Buried Cold is the only Rose of Jericho song we got, sadly.
  • ArcanonArcanon Rising Star
    edited July 2011
    PeridotWeapon;4441770 said:
    I don't believe the PS3 ever got the old versions of Buried Cold

Buried Cold did make it over.

EDIT: Expertly ninja'd. :)
  • PeridotWeaponPeridotWeapon Opening Act
    edited July 2011
    I sit corrected. :) (Went by rbnreleases.com as a quick reference, and it didn't have the PS3 option checked off.)
    edited July 2011
    PeridotWeapon;4441793 said:
    I sit corrected. :) (Went by rbnreleases.com as a quick reference, and it didn't have the PS3 option checked off.)
    It came over at the very end of the first run.
  • ricecakericecake Road Warrior
    edited July 2011
  • war_lordwar_lord Road Warrior
    edited July 2011
    If it's just a few songs, then I don't see a problem with re-releasing them. There will likely be some rage from forum-goers just as there is when official DLC is re-released, but that usually subsides rather quickly.
  • LunaticSoulLunaticSoul Rising Star
    edited July 2011
    We just miss two RB3 Versions, Africa and Buried Cold. I'd buy both of them as I've skipped the original versions knowing that they didn't have pro drums available. I'd buy them!
  • lvmathemagicianlvmathemagician Road Warrior
    edited July 2011
    The only problem I have with getting RB3 versions is that we so few RBN songs as it is. If we could get PSN to look the other way on these songs I have no problem with it.
  • blingdomepieceblingdomepiece Opening Act
    edited July 2011
    I would happily buy Africa (RB3 Version) if it was made available to us.
    edited July 2011
    lvmathemagician;4445281 said:
    The only problem I have with getting RB3 versions is that we so few RBN songs as it is. If we could get PSN to look the other way on these songs I have no problem with it.
    At the moment, there aren't that many of them to begin with (RB3 versions that we got the RBN1 version), so it sounds like it's not a huge impact on songs we get.
  • GameMaster439GameMaster439 Road Warrior
    edited July 2011
    I leik to vote in teh pollz :) New songs I would say if I had a PS3 though.
  • henrybullowickhenrybullowick Unsigned
    edited July 2011
    Wouldnt mind if I didnt end up paying $3 for a song :/
  • k-mack-mac Road Warrior
    edited July 2011
    Now, not all RB3 versions of songs are of songs that are already on PS3 - there are some in playtesting (the 3 original Free Spirit tracks) that never made it to PS3 (Far Away From Heaven not-withstanding).

In this case, these are songs that missed the opportunity to be ported over before the window closed, but now have a chance to be ported over (and with upgrades).

With this in mind, I'm assuming you are only talking about RB3 versions of songs already on PS3.