DLC Discussion Week of 7/19 - Soundgarden 6 Pack w/ 4 Pro Guitar Upgrades!

MagnetMagnet Moderator
edited December 2011 in Rock Band
hmxhenry;4447390 said:
Hey gang,

This Tuesday, the seminal grunge masters make their way back to the Rock Band platform with a celebratory 6-pack of hits from across the band’s legendary career. “Outshined” and “Rusty Cage” kick off the pack, both hailing from the band’s 1991 record Badmotorfinger. From Superunknown, the band’s influential 1994 classic, which debuted at #1 on the Billboard 200, Rock Band fans will be able to rock out to “Fell on Black Days” and “The Day I Tried to Live”. Rounding out the pack are two standout tracks from the band’s 1996 record Down on the Upside, “Blow Up the Outside World” and “Burden in My Hand”.

Also, regarding "Black Hole Sun" and "Spoonman", we are definitely aware of the fact that folks would like to see those tracks return and we're working on it. Unfortunately licensing is a bit trickier because those songs have already been released on disc.

The band is currently on tour and recording a new album. For details and dates, head to www.soundgardenworld.com

Additionally, a Pro Guitar upgrade for the previously released Soundgarden single “Pretty Noose” also arrives to the Rock Band store this week!

We've already given away a TON of codes for this pack to lucky folks who have been able to play these tracks before they were even available in the store, and if you keep posted we'll have more info on giveaways early next week. So stay tuned!

Available on Xbox 360, Wii and PlayStation®3 system (July 19th, 2011):

• Soundgarden – “Blow Up the Outside World”
• Soundgarden – “Burden in My Hand” X
• Soundgarden – “Fell on Black Days”
• Soundgarden – “Outshined” X
• Soundgarden – “Rusty Cage”
• Soundgarden – “The Day I Tried to Live” X

Pro Guitar Additions for Legacy Songs:

• Soundgarden – “Pretty Noose”

(These tracks will be available in Europe on PlayStation®3 system July 20th)

These tracks will be available for purchase as “Celebrating Soundgarden On Tour 2011” pack and as individual tracks on Xbox 360, PlayStation®3 system and Wii. Tracks marked with “X” will include Pro Guitar and Pro Bass expansions for $0.99 per song.

Price:

$9.99, £4.99 UK, €7.99 EU (800 Microsoft Points, 1000 Wii Points™) for “Celebrating Soundgarden On Tour 2011” pack
$1.99 USD, £.99 UK, €1.49 EU (160 Microsoft Points) per song
$2.00 USD (200 Wii Points) per song
$0.99 USD (100 Wii Points/80 Microsoft Points), £0.59 UK, €0.79 EU per song for eligible Pro Guitar/Pro Bass upgrade

** Dates for Rock Band game tracks are tentative and subject to change. **

Take a trip to the garden of sound this week!

Comments

• edited July 2011
    MagicMurderBag7;4447760 said:
    Good thing for the RBN or there would be nothing for us pro-keyboardist.

Some weeks we may see DLC with no key charts (like this week) and some weeks we may see DLC where every single track has key charts (like next week). It's a give and take, same as with for Pro guitar and harmonies.

Regardless, RBN rules and offers a ton of variety in genres, style and difficulty and people are missing out if they're not reviewing those songs the way they would the core RB DLC every week.
  • Boffo97Boffo97 Unsigned
    edited July 2011
    With all due respect to Soundgarden fans, this is a skip week for me.

The only SG I'm interested in is Black Hole Sun, and between the lines of the announcement, we're going to end up paying for that one, which I won't.
  • HetzHetz Rising Star
    edited July 2011
    No variety makes me :(

I wish there was more than just Soundgarden this week....oh well. Not a very big fan of them and the two songs that I do like from them (BHS and Spoonman) are not included. Good to hear though that you are working on making them available again. A big thumbs up for communication! :)
  • RockBandand24FanaticRockBandand24Fanatic Road Warrior
    edited July 2011
    hmxhenry;4447769 said:
    Some weeks we may see DLC with no key charts (like this week) and some weeks we may see DLC where every single track has key charts (like next week). It's a give and take, same as with for Pro guitar and harmonies.

Regardless, RBN rules and offers a ton of variety in genres, style and difficulty and people are missing out if they're not reviewing those songs the way they would the core RB DLC every week.

I'll be looking forward to the 26th, I hope its a singles week again
  • Doom878Doom878 Road Warrior
    edited July 2011
    OMFGBBQWOOT!!!!!!

I was hoping for pro guitar songs and I get 3 off the new pack and Pretty Noose!!! DLC of the year for me!!! I think this will be the first time I play all the songs with all the instruments and sing on the same day. Gtr, Bass, Drums, Pro Gtr, Pro Bass, VOX. That's 6 scores each LOL.

Thanks again Harmonix!!!

Now just tell the licenseholders to give pro guitar for BHS and Spoonman. KTHX!!! :D
  • Happy29Happy29 Opening Act
    edited July 2011
    Even though this pack has lack of keys and that is my main RB instrument, this pack is full of win and will be a full purchase for me. There's still plenty of other parts for me to enjoy.
  • Heavens_SaintHeavens_Saint Rising Star
    edited July 2011
    I'll be picking up Three songs this week;

*The Day I Tried To Live
    *Outshined
    *Rusty Cage

A good enough week for me.
  • Lord_MhoramLord_Mhoram Road Warrior
    edited July 2011
    Not a huge Soundgarden fan - I like three of thier songs, I have one, and the other two weren't in the pack, so it's a skip week for me. First total skip week for me in a long time.

RBN on the other hand.. I bought 10 songs there. Two country tracks, two classical, some decent pop and rock. Good stuff this week there.
  • HeyRilesHeyRiles Besse's Girl
    edited July 2011
    hmxhenry;4447769 said:
    Some weeks we may see DLC with no key charts (like this week) and some weeks we may see DLC where every single track has key charts (like next week).

Singles from The Heavy, Blink-182, Elton John, and The Cure confirmed!
  • WitticusWitticus VERY DEEP
    edited July 2011
    Wow! This sure is a pleasant surprise!
  • folkeyefolkeye Headliner
    edited July 2011
  • tnevakertnevaker Road Warrior
    edited July 2011
    very disappointed that there are no pro upgrades for Fell on Black Days or Rusty Cage. these were the two i was most looking forward to on pro guitar. out of these pro upgrades, Outshined is the only way that really excites me.

oh well. saw SG this past wednesday and it's got me psyched to play all these songs.
  • CellarRatCellarRat Unsigned
    edited July 2011
    Thanks HMX! For acknowledging and addressing the other songs, which I would gladly help pay for the licensing issues. Definitely a full pick up for me. The only thing I'll regret is...vocal strain from trying to sing like Chris!
  • dog037dog037 This Many Days Since Last Ban:
    edited July 2011
    Wait a minute. Didn't this already come out this week?
  • tnevakertnevaker Road Warrior
    edited July 2011
    dog037;4447824 said:
    Wait a minute. Didn't this already come out this week?

only on xtwitterbox
  • Funk-n-steinFunk-n-stein Rising Star
    edited July 2011
    Will be getting the pro upgrades with the exception of 'Outshined' - don't need more power chord practice.

Happy for 3 pro songs this week though! Thanks HMX!
  • Tykki-TemeTykki-Teme Road Warrior
    edited July 2011
    Mildly dissappointed that Fell On Black Days didn't get the upgrade. Very stoked about the possible return of the two on-disc tracks.

That said, will buy the whole pack and all four pro upgrades.
  • Happy DragonHappy Dragon Rising Star
    edited July 2011
    Buying 'em all! :D

Nice to see the issuess with "BHS" and "Spoonman" get addressed in the announcement as well, hopefully keep the whinning to a minimum.

Gonna be a hoot to play on Tuesday and Cornell is always a joy to sing along to. "Burden in my Hand" has been playing non-stop in my head since the songs were confirmed last week.
  • dschex199dschex199 Opening Act
    edited July 2011
    Getting Outshined and Fell On Black Days for sure!

I don't know about the other songs... I'll give 'em a listen sooner or later...
  • GameMaster439GameMaster439 Road Warrior
    edited July 2011
    Can't wait to play Blow Up The Outside World and Outshined. So happy and hopefully Black Hole Sun and Spoonman get re-released so us Wii owners will be able to play them in RB3. :D
  • DragonclawDragonclaw Road Warrior
    edited July 2011
    Not the biggest Soundgarden fan in the world, but a couple of my buddies are REALLY looking forward to the pack so it's a day 1 purchase...thanks for the hint about next week Henry, looking forward to next week's announcement!
  • murphmurph Rising Star
    edited July 2011
    cherry picking Rusty Cage, Outshined, and Day I Tried to Live
  • TheStuddzTheStuddz Lil Rascal
    edited July 2011
    None of this for me. Hopefully next week will bring something great to make up for it. Maybe we'll finally get the singles by Heart, The Band and EMF. I would enjoy those.
  • Santa ClaustrophobiaSanta Claustrophobia Road Warrior
    edited July 2011
    Boffo97;4447770 said:
    With all due respect to Soundgarden fans, this is a skip week for me.

The only SG I'm interested in is Black Hole Sun, and between the lines of the announcement, we're going to end up paying for that one, which I won't.

Wii owners, with all due respect, would like you to quit being so entitled.
  • DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
    edited July 2011
    I'm buying it ... but probably won't play it a lot.. not a big SG fan but their charts are usually good (except vocals IMO)
  • Boffo97Boffo97 Unsigned
    edited July 2011
    Santa Claustrophobia;4447856 said:
    Wii owners, with all due respect, would like you to quit being so entitled.

I do own a Wii. I just don't play Rock Band on a system where it's so limited.

That said, that's a bit of a non-sequitur here.
  • MostSpartan14MostSpartan14 Road Warrior
    edited July 2011
    I'll probably get Rusty Cage. And I might as well pick up Pretty Noose too. I don't know why I skipped that song when it first came out. And BTW, those classical songs on RBN are a blast to play on keys. And even better, they're only $1.
  • CharlieSheenCharlieSheen Opening Act
    edited July 2011
    Funny how I wanted the two most boring songs of the week to have pro upgrades (Fell on Black Days/Blow up the Outside World). Those are my two favorite songs by SG and usually HMX throws out easier pro upgrades and harder ones (Card Cheat/Rudie Can't Fail) (I Alone/Avenged Sevenfold song). Oh well. Will buy once I have enough money.
    Also, glad to see HMX address an issue, specifically one to do with licensing.
  • dikettedikette Opening Act
    edited July 2011
    i'm not a Soundgarden fan. I may pass this week.
    Glad to see a lot of Soundgarden fans been happy with this pack! :)
  • edited July 2011
    hmxhenry;4447769 said:
    Good to hear that we're getting a key heavy week. We haven't had one of those in a while.

I'm hoping for Billy Joel pack 3 but i'd settle for a nice Dresden Dolls pack.