RBN DLC for 07/21 - Live Updating!

atalkingfishatalkingfish Opening Act
edited July 2011 in The Rock Band Network
WARNING:
These songs can be bought via XBox Live links on rbnreleases.com.
These songs will not be appearing in the Rock Band Music Store until Thursday.
If they are not in the Rock Band Music Store, they are not official.
If you buy them before they hit the store, you are doing so at your own risk.
Any songs may be added or taken away before Thursday.

New! XBox links will now be provided for purchasing these songs. If a song is available as a (2x Bass Pedal Version), click on the little "2x" after the "Buy" or "Trial" to get that version. (Clicking on the "Buy" or "Trial" will give you the standard version of the song)

SONGS:
• !I! - "!I" - Buy - Trial
• Bob Katsionis - "The Nightrager" (2x) - Buy 2x - Trial 2x
• Chaotrope - "The Fall of Psilanthropy" - Buy - Trial
Cynic - "The Space For This" (2x)
• Dan Rothery - "Regret" - Buy - Trial
Devin Townsend - "By Your Command" (2x)
• Ethereal Collapse - "Category I : Slave to the Empirical" (2x) - Buy 2x - Trial 2x
• Fallen Angel - "The Grinding Wheels of War" - Buy - Trial
Shakespeare in Hell - "Poor Yorick"
• Soilwork - "Stabbing the Drama" - Buy - Trial

= Recommended by community
= Do not buy (error in file, etc)
Songs that are greyed out are not yet available for purchase on XBox Live, but are otherwise expected to be released by Thursday

Comments

• DragoonXDDragoonXD Road Warrior
    edited July 2011
    atalkingfish;4449826 said:
    With that being 1MSP, I doubt it will stay up for too long.
    I'm blind, I didn't even notice that.
  • ZemanatorZemanator Rising Star
    edited July 2011
    go to buy PY without looking at it
    "not enough MSP"
    "add 6000 MSP to account"
    "buy song"
    "5999 MSP remaining"

o.O

i'm still waiting for the 2x version though
  • atalkingfishatalkingfish Opening Act
    edited July 2011
    Yeah, guys, it's only fai to pay the full price. People are working very hard to get this stuff in. That's why I didn't link it in the OP

Especially considering the fact that you are essentially paying 80MSP due to the 79 remaining points logic, but they definitely are not getting their money's worth.
  • DragoonXDDragoonXD Road Warrior
    edited July 2011
    That was my bad (for not reading), I took it out of my post.
  • LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    edited July 2011
    Thin kof it this way: When I buy it again, it'll be an additional 80MSP added to the 1MSP. Oh Goodness, I'm scum for taking that opportunity.
    edited July 2011
    Well, if you pay 1MSP to get it early AND 80MSP to buy it, then obviously it's not that big of a deal.
    Except maybe when you consider that the bandwidth costs.
    But whatever.

The following songs have been added
    Dan Rothery - "Regret"
    Soilwork - "Stabbing the Drama"

There are no playthrough videos on YouTube, so does anyone know anything about these songs?
  • NoThru22NoThru22 Road Warrior
    edited July 2011
    Crap, I want the Yorick song, but I don't want the odd balance forever. You could buy some Zune crap to even it out.
  • SideshowNSideshowN Rising Star
    edited July 2011
    Just bought a song from the marketplace from a band called !I! and the song is !I. Strangeness.
  • BrutalBrianBrutalBrian Road Warrior
    edited July 2011
    At long f**king last, Soilwork have landed in RB on the RBN!

Thanks to all who made it possible!
  • PeridotWeaponPeridotWeapon Opening Act
    edited July 2011
    SideshowN;4450654 said:
    Just bought a song from the marketplace from a band called !I! and the song is !I. Strangeness.
    And while it was probably a blatant tactic to become the first song that shows up on the marketplace when you sort by song name, it's still only the third song alphabetically in Rock Band's discography, thanks to Green Day shenanigans.

A keyboard-only song at a whopping :42 in length, it almost makes songs like Halftime and Canary look like worthwhile investments. :D
  • edited July 2011
    sigh, still no good power metal songs.

Forever alone. :(
  • turnitup321turnitup321 Opening Act
    edited July 2011
    PeridotWeapon;4450960 said:
    And while it was probably a blatant tactic to become the first song that shows up on the marketplace when you sort by song name, it's still only the third song alphabetically in Rock Band's discography, thanks to Green Day shenanigans.

A keyboard-only song at a whopping :42 in length, it almost makes songs like Halftime and Canary look like worthwhile investments. :D

One word: WTF?!?!?!?!

Is it fun? If it is, cool. If it is not, then...
    edited July 2011
    turnitup321;4451357 said:
    One word: WTF?!?!?!?!

Is it fun? If it is, cool. If it is not, then...

It's tier 2 and sounds like it was recorded on one of those toy things with the colored xylophone-style metal things. It sounds pretty bad, but is in fact very interesting and could easily be considered fun.

Due to the length, though, the trial is very VERY short.
  • edited July 2011
    Seeing Cynic in that list excites me. Already waiting eagerly for the PS3 port for that.
    edited July 2011
    Der_Lex;4451415 said:
    Seeing Cynic in that list excites me. Already waiting eagerly for the PS3 port for that.

If that happens..
  • edited July 2011
    atalkingfish;4451445 said:
    If that happens..

I'm cautiously optimistic, since the 'bigger name' (all relative, of course) bands tend to get ports, and Cynic is one of the bands just about every progressive metal fan knows.
    edited July 2011
    Der_Lex;4451450 said:
    I'm cautiously optimistic, since the 'bigger name' (all relative, of course) bands tend to get ports, and Cynic is one of the bands just about every progressive metal fan knows.

I guess.. but judging by how things have been going, I wouldn't be too hopeful. I had high expectations concerning what songs would be viewed as "good enough" for the PS3, but those expectations have become unfulfilled, thus releasing feelings of disillusionment and betrayal. All of that has created emotions of frustration, hopelessness, disillusionment and distrust in regard to what songs will and will not appear on the PS3...
  • edited July 2011
    atalkingfish;4451452 said:
    I guess.. but judging by how things have been going, I wouldn't be too hopeful. I had high expectations concerning what songs would be viewed as "good enough" for the PS3, but those expectations have become unfulfilled, thus releasing feelings of disillusionment and betrayal. All of that has created emotions of frustration, hopelessness, disillusionment and distrust in regard to what songs will and will not appear on the PS3...

That's a lot of drama for one post, and a lot of dark gloomy feelings caused by a simple video game. ;)

Other than a lot of 'end of RBN 1.0'-era songs not getting ported over, I have to admit I don't really share your frustration. Sure, there are songs that I would have liked to have seen (Glass Hammer and Van Friscia, most notably, as well as any RBN 1.0 Amberian Dawn track that didn't get a port), but overall every song that I expected to get a port got ported over, as well as some pleasant surprises (Marillion, for example). The RBN 2.0 releases have also been pretty inclusive so far, IMO.
    edited July 2011
    Der_Lex;4451456 said:
    That's a lot of drama for one post, and a lot of dark gloomy feelings caused by a simple video game. ;)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cynicism_%28contemporary%29
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited July 2011
    If it helps, Harmonix is going to start releasing our (ThatAuthoringGroup) tracks on the PS3 VERY soon.

I of course can't say when or what until HMX announces it, but there's hope in them thar hills ;)
    edited July 2011
    ThatAuthoringGroup;4451488 said:
    If it helps, Harmonix is going to start releasing our (ThatAuthoringGroup) tracks on the PS3 VERY soon.

I of course can't say when or what until HMX announces it, but there's hope in them thar hills ;)

Is that so, eh?

Hey, I have a question, when someone releases a song through the RBN, how many sales does it average to be, assuming it's not a previously popular band or something like that?
    edited July 2011
    Y'know I'm not sure sales are a part of it as much as we think. One of the songs is one of our lower selling ones and it's getting ported over. We've got other tracks that have done double or even triple the sales of this one in particular, but it's still being ported.

So I guess HMX has their own criteria for what gets ported outside of just straight up sales.
    edited July 2011
    Hm. That's actually quite interesting, I had no idea. I always assumed it was almost exclusively based on sales.
  • Tykki-TemeTykki-Teme Road Warrior
    edited July 2011
    I did some digging in Wikipedia regarding your songs, and judging by release dates, I'm guessing that the track(s) that are getting ported over are Devin and/or Rishloo. Which would be great, since both bands are on my To-Be-Ported wishlist.
  • edited July 2011
    Good to see that the 80 point song isn't a thing of the past. For awhile there it was seemed that it was. It looks like 7 out of 12 songs so far this week are 80 points.
    edited July 2011
    Has anyone downloaded the new songs? The Audio Ammunition doesn't have a playthrough video
  • MegaIronDragonDethMegaIronDragonDeth Post Ratio > 3 a Day
    edited July 2011
    Is the song "The Thief in the Night - Part 1" by Chaotrope also coming out this week with "The Fall of Psilanthropy"?
  • SeymourDuncan17SeymourDuncan17 Road Warrior
    edited July 2011
    Unnaturally small week so far, it seems.

Is this fully updated?
    edited July 2011
    Here's everything I see so far :

Terrorhorse Magnolia
    Ethereal Collapse Category I: Slave to the Empirical (2x Bass Pedal)
    Audio Ammunition Honeys Takin' Money
    Rose of Jericho These City Lights
    Serianna Fragments
    !I! !I
    Dan Rothery Regret
    Soilwork Stabbing the Drama
    Chaotrope The Thief in the Night - Part I
    Fallen Angel The Grinding Wheels of War
    Ethereal Collapse Category I: Slave to the Empirical
    Bob Katsionis The Nightrager (2x Bass Pedal)
    Chaotrope The Fall of Psilanthropy
  • SeymourDuncan17SeymourDuncan17 Road Warrior
    edited July 2011
    That's a little better :)

Please let By Your Command pass.