Where Did You Get You Username From?

rocky713rocky713 Rising Star
edited June 2012 in Less Rokk More Talk
I've been looking on the forums for quite a while, and I've seen that a lot of people of strange usernames. I just wanna know how some of you got the name. And I don't mean, you just used you're XBox Live Gamertag, I mean, the main root of it. We'll, I'll go first, I guess...

About two or three years ago, a friend of mine showed me Runescape. His username was "Rocky714", and he said he already gave me an account, knowing for sure I'd like the game. So, since I was younger than him, he called me "Rocky713", and the name just stuck from there on in. My friend actually moved away, and my Runescape acoount got deleted, but, hell, I got an amazing name from it.

So, share your story.

Comments

• LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    edited July 2011
    I got Gigakoops from the Japanese name of Giga Bowser from Super Smash Bros. (Giga Koopa), put it as one word, and replaced the "a" with a "s."

I got LiveHomeVideo because I wanted to sound like a crappy movie company. I didn't know there already was an actual movie company with that name, though, that made some quality films. I had to make a new account (GigakoopsRBN) as a way to prevent them suing my ass for using their name to release songs on Rock Band.
  • HeyRilesHeyRiles Besse's Girl
    edited July 2011
    Riles is my nickname and this is how people often greet me
  • GowienczykGowienczyk Pooper of Parties
    edited July 2011
  • nascarfan19nascarfan19 Headliner
    edited July 2011
    I'm a fan of NASCAR and at the time my favorite driver Elliott Sadler drove the #19 car, so I added his number to the end. Unfortunately, he got dropped from his team and now drives the #2 car, so I can't change it, but I kinda like sticking with the 19.
  • McNoobMcNoob Road Warrior
    edited July 2011
    People always said I was a noob.
  • GNFfhqwhgadsGNFfhqwhgads 99% Washed Up
    edited July 2011
    http://www.homestarrunner.com/sbemail9.html

If a mod could shave the GNF off my name, that would be lovely.
  • dog037dog037 This Many Days Since Last Ban:
    edited July 2011
    Three random numbers.
  • Mega-TallicaMega-Tallica Washed Up
    edited July 2011
    Mine's obvious. I was (and still am in ways) a big fan of both Metallica and Megadeth, so naturally I combined them to get my username.

I'd love to change it, but I'm so associated with it (not just here but on other sites as well), that I'd feel like I'm starting over by changing it. So, it is what it is.
  • BallisticJunkfoodBallisticJunkfood Headliner
    edited July 2011
    Mine came from Spongebob Squarepants. The camping episode.
  • nascarfan19nascarfan19 Headliner
    edited July 2011
    BallisticJunkfood;4453049 said:
    Mine came from Spongebob Squarepants. The camping episode.

Eww...marshmallows... ;)
  • GNFfhqwhgadsGNFfhqwhgads 99% Washed Up
    edited July 2011
    dog037;4453037 said:
    Three random numbers.
    And you came up with d-o-g? That's a strange number generator.
  • SuperHuman33SuperHuman33 Opening Act
    edited July 2011
    When I was a tween, and not very creative, I made the same custom basic character every time there was a "character editor" feature. Eventually, I realized that a fighter-skater-racer-ect. wasn't natural, and we all know how Soul-Caliber, Tony Hawk: Pro Skater, and NFS: Underground share the same universe. Thus, when ever it was a nickname, I would put in "SuperHuman".

That was my username until I got Xbox-Live. Still being about 10, my mom helped me create my account. She put in my usual username and it was (shockingly) taken. I told her to try "SuperHuman1", but it was taken. She tried "SuperHuman2", and it was taken, too. I told her to try "SuperHuman3", and she gave me a you-have-got-to-be-s***ing-me look and put in "SuperHuman33".
  • oreoham97oreoham97 Opening Act
    edited July 2011
    Oreo was what I was eating, and it is my black and white dog's name. Ham was something I saw in my fridge. 97 was supposed to be 7, but it was a typo...
  • Nickalos NNickalos N Rising Star
    edited July 2011
    My friend put her gamertag on my xbox as her first name and her middle initial, so I thought that was cool, so I did the same thing, and it's stuck with me. Every website or social network (Except facebook) has this as my username now
  • ThisnameislameThisnameislame Rising Star
    edited July 2011
    I didn't trust myself to come up with a cool username at the time when I was creating my GameFAQs account so I put "myusernameislame." After that I haven't registered with that name since, as I decided "thisnameislame" is a more concise way of getting the same point across. thisnameislame is probably the main username I use, but I use a handful of others at various sites and services depending on the mood I was in when I registered.
  • dog037dog037 This Many Days Since Last Ban:
    edited July 2011
    GNFfhqwhgads;4453065 said:
    And you came up with d-o-g? That's a strange number generator.

"dog" is an anagram.
  • Lameboy19Lameboy19 Headliner
    edited July 2011
    A few years ago I was getting into chiptune music, and my dad would call it gameboy music, my brother thinking he was original said "more like Lameboy music" and I kinda liked the ring it had so I used it. the 19 comes from the number I've used in sports all my life

I'm usually either Lameboy19 or Babydaisy19

Babydaisy, because I kicked so much ass with her on Mario Kart Wii, I had a strange ass ritual in picking her that my friends called me Babydaisy every time we played.
  • DackAttacDackAttac Road Warrior
    edited July 2011
    My initials are DAC, I needed a screen name back when I was 13, and the craze back then was adding "attack" things that rhymed with it. In recent years, though, I've kinda taken "Dack" on as a proper first name—Gob from Arrested Development was the inspiration there—just to make sure my social/musician life stays separate from my day job life.
  • edited July 2011
    afterstasis;4453266 said:

Until you run out of blue mana... (your link gives an 'image not available', by the way, but I've had that damn card played against me enough times to know its text by heart).

For me, it's a college nickname. My name's Lex, and I studied German, so people added the German masculine definite article 'der' to it.
  • LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith
    edited July 2011
    My first two initials are L. P. and my last name is Chu. I also thought it was a fairly appropriate nick, all things considered.
  • exploderexploder Road Warrior
    edited July 2011
    Master Exploder
  • striderblackstriderblack Road Warrior
    edited July 2011
    Strangely relevant, given that Ultimate Marvel vs Capcom 3 was just announced with Strider as a playable character.

I was looking for a new username to use once I started playing Starcraft and Diablo on Battle.Net. At the time, one of my favorite pastimes was going to my local arcade to play Marvel vs Capcom - and I was a pretty solid Strider player. Thought he was the coolest character ever.

So I decided to make my username Strider, but I wanted to add something unique to it...I first settled on LordStrider, but waffled and decided to go with StriderBlack. It's stuck with me ever since.
  • Kenny-BandKenny-Band Road Warrior
    edited July 2011
    My name is Kenny. I play Rock Band. Hyphens are cool.

For some reason I feel I posted the same thing in a thread about a year and a half ago.
  • rocky713rocky713 Rising Star
    edited July 2011
    Well, if you can't find me as rocky713, you can either find me as Meowzika, or M30WZ1K4.

My girlfriend had this cat who would always whine when she wanted to go outside, or wanted food, or water, or to play. No matter what you were doing, you heard her cat meowing. It got to the point of where you wanted to throw her out the window.

Anyway, while my girlfriend was in Germany, I watched her cat. I was in the bathroom when she started to meow. I yelled over, "Shut the hell up, you little godzilla cat. You Meowzika!" And, from then on, I called her cat that. But when she got an XBox, we decided to name each other. She called me Meowzika, and I called her PrettyWomanWDTS (Lyrics from Van Halen, her favorite band). But, when I got home the next morning, I paid 800 MS, changed my Gold name to M30WZ1K4, and it's stuck.
  • BulzeebBulzeeb Road Warrior
    edited July 2011
    Favorite character from Bomberman 64: The Second Attack
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tn3UEM_NBh8
  • MutilationSystemMutilationSystem Opening Act
    edited July 2011
    I was a watching Saw 2 and my father said "that whole house is just a whole system of mutilation, I swear" Next day, I made my PSN XD
  • WitticusWitticus VERY DEEP
    edited July 2011
    Mine came from hating my common first name Michael. So my friends started calling me by my last name Witt. Then an intoxicated friend said the phrase "Witt is this!" Which to this day she still doesn't know what she was trying to day. All I know is that I wound up with the name Witticus which sticks to me in my real life too.
  • edited July 2011
    I got mine from The Venture Brothers (one of my favorite shows). I got my xbox back in 2007 (when RB came out) and it said i needed a GT so a asked some of my friends and they said it shouldn't be your name so i wanted to make it my favorite characters name Dr. Henry Killenger (the guy in my avatar) but it was too long so i went with Magic Murder Bag (his Mary Poppins style bag of death) but that was taken so i put in my favorite number at the end.
    Now its my name for everything.
  • atalkingfishatalkingfish Opening Act
    edited July 2011
    Before MySpace was super popular (and before facebook was even invented), I was getting to know people on there, and one of my friends put under "a talking fish" "who I'd like to meet". They also had their AIM username, so I decided to create an AOL account as "ATalkingFish", and then add her just for the lulz of it. I ended up using AIM a lot, so it stuck.