Anyone want to be a sponsored play tester for the Rock Band Network?

ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
edited July 2011 in The Rock Band Network
We might know of a few open spots to get a paid tester account ;)

The only qualifier is that you have to have a lot of free time to spend testing a multitude of tracks from a multitude of authors.

If anyone is interested then drop a line to [email]nlarimer@gmail.com[/email] for details.

Comments

• SeymourDuncan17SeymourDuncan17 Road Warrior
    edited July 2011
    I'd only be able to test guitar as that's the only instrument I've VERY very familiar with. Plus my drums are still broken.

If that's fine with you, then just maybe I'd take up that offer.
  • ThatAuthoringGroupThatAuthoringGroup Numero Uno Super **** Fanboy #1
    edited July 2011
    I know the groups looking for a tester need someone that can handle all the instruments. So if you ever get a little more familiar with the other instruments, let us know!
  • PankrazzoPankrazzo Road Warrior
    edited July 2011
    I'd be good to go, check your e-mails ;)
  • Gamers_LeagueGamers_League Banned
    edited July 2011
    Pankrazzo;4453618 said:
    I'd be good to go, check your e-mails ;)
    Yes, please check your e-mail and hit us up
  • The FriskThe Frisk Opening Act
    edited July 2011
    I'd love to.
    Sending an email now
    edited July 2011
    Forwarded everyone's information to the groups looking for play testers. I'm sure you'll hear from them very VERY soon!
  • kingtonyxkingtonyx Unofficial
    edited July 2011
    I asked this like a month ago, good to see some spots might be open
    edited July 2011
    kingtonyx;4453842 said:
    I asked this like a month ago

This isn't for us Tony, it's for a couple of the other groups, some are looking for multiple play testers.

You want me to send your info along to them?
  • kingtonyxkingtonyx Unofficial
    edited July 2011
    ThatAuthoringGroup;4453882 said:
    This isn't for us Tony, it's for a couple of the other groups, some are looking for multiple play testers.

You want me to send your info along to them?

haha I had the edit window open and got distracted, long enough for you to answer :p

yes please! :D
    edited July 2011
  • BigWoodMan22BigWoodMan22 Unsigned
    edited July 2011
    I sent an email in, are there still any openings? I tried this with Alt-Strum like a month ago but there was a situation where I lost power and then moved to a different state. By time I was set up again they never replied back to me :(
  • Chopper13Chopper13 Opening Act
    edited July 2011
    I would also be willing to do this if it is still available. I'm most familiar with drums, but I can also do guitar (Expert level on both) I can test pro drums also. The only thing I can't test is Keys.
  • XzalorXzalor Rising Star
    edited July 2011
    I'd love to do this. As a huge Rock Band Fan/Player I have all instruments and Pro Instruments and I play Expert on everything and am very skilled. And I have the time.

What would play testers do exactly? How does this work?
  • ZemanatorZemanator Rising Star
    edited July 2011
    Xzalor;4457694 said:

What would play testers do exactly? How does this work?

read this for a full description of the PT process.

on summary, you'd play through the song on one instrument, and then examine the song closer on all difficulties looking for any authoring errors you find. there is a big form you can fill out that helps you with what to look for, than you tell the authors what you found... basically
  • XzalorXzalor Rising Star
    edited July 2011
    So Im very interested in this. :)
  • Lamhirh_of_the_StarsLamhirh_of_the_Stars Opening Act
    edited July 2011
    Why is TAG proxying for other authoring groups here, instead of them posting requests themselves? Joining the forum is free, so it doesn't make sense. I am suspicious.

For any applicants, be careful who you work for because it will make a huge difference in your RBN playtesting experience. For example...

Rock Gamer Studios gave an XNA membership code that we used to activate our own gamertag on all the requisite forums. Playtesting was a reasonable pace per week, the RGS staff was intelligent and considerate, and we felt our contributions were appreciated. It made a difference in songs that came out. RGS was awesome to work for.

Alt-Strum Productions took the cheapy route and bought one shared XNA-enabled account that ALL their testers and developers had to share. You had to "recover gamertag" every single time you wanted to test a song, and that got old immediately. No individual recognition for contributions was available nor was much written thanks ever delivered. Expected workload was high. ASP staff had poor grammar, spelling, and reading comprehension, so communication was difficult. ASP was horrible to work for.

So, authoring group makes a significant difference in the playtest process.