We finally have "too much music," now.

PeridotWeaponPeridotWeapon Opening Act
edited July 2011 in The Rock Band Network
Going strictly by a list of songs that includes all once-legal musically unique content compatible with this game, we just hit Song #2,953 this morning. (The honor of breaking the game goes to Before Nine, with their song simply called "I.")

(If you haven't read any of the other topics about it, when your system hits 2,952 songs the game tells you that you've hit the "3,000 Song Limit" - because it can't count - and won't load any additional songs into your setlist until you delete some older material.)

Of course, there's so many different ways to spin the numbers that nobody will agree how many songs we have anymore. Should Revengers count because you can't buy it anymore? Should The Space For This count already? (It was only available for a couple hours before getting pulled to fix.) Should all 88 2x Bass/RB3 Version songs be added to the list? And what about Canary?

I dunno. It's just kinda sad to know that we're finally at a point that no one system on the planet, not even one owned by a Harmonix member, is capable of containing all the melodies that are available for this one game.

And in homage of this day ... my bass pedal broke. Bleah.

Comments

• GNFfhqwhgadsGNFfhqwhgads 99% Washed Up
    edited July 2011
  • TheDescentTheDescent Road Warrior
    edited July 2011
    what's the point of this thread again?
  • PankrazzoPankrazzo Road Warrior
    edited July 2011
    It is quite funny that there are now more songs available than you can actually have in your song library, isn't it?

What the heck is Canary btw? It's not even listed on rbnreleases.com.
  • DragoonXDDragoonXD Road Warrior
    edited July 2011
    Pankrazzo;4454252 said:
    It is quite funny that there are now more songs available than you can actually have in your song library, isn't it?

What the heck is Canary btw? It's not even listed on rbnreleases.com.
    It was a test song by HMX. It has one note.
  • PankrazzoPankrazzo Road Warrior
    edited July 2011
    Thanks for clearing that up.

I thought this might have to do something with this year's April Fool's "Lolita" artist of the month thing.
  • DragoonXDDragoonXD Road Warrior
    edited July 2011
    All the test songs can be seen here. And there are a lot.
  • PeridotWeaponPeridotWeapon Opening Act
    edited July 2011
    TheDescent;4454235 said:
    what's the point of this thread again?
    Basically to give a "progress report" on how close we are to 3,000 songs.

In the grand scheme of things, not too many people will care, but it's far more relevant than the periodic "This band should TOTALLY be on the Rock Band Network! So I'm going to post about it and expect someone ELSE to contact them!" threads that pop up.
  • SideshowNSideshowN Rising Star
    edited July 2011
    Why isnt Pennywise in Rock Band yet? ha ha just kiddin ya PeridotWeapon, most people dont give a hoot about this thread but I'm also a 2952er like yourself.
  • DLCquickplayDLCquickplay Unsigned
    edited July 2011
    There are more songs in the iTunes music store than can fit on a single drive, and even if they could iTunes probably couldn't handle that amount of songs in the same library. Does iTunes have too much music?
  • ZemanatorZemanator Rising Star
    edited July 2011
    i have a playlist in windows media player consisting of every song i have. it totals 7,410 songs. when i open that playlist it lags like you wouldn't believe. do i have too much music? is there even such a thing as too much music?
  • PeridotWeaponPeridotWeapon Opening Act
    edited July 2011
    Zemanator;4455012 said:
    i have a playlist in windows media player consisting of every song i have. it totals 7,410 songs. when i open that playlist it lags like you wouldn't believe. do i have too much music? is there even such a thing as too much music?
    When your media player tells you, "Nope, that's it, I'm not gonna load any more," that's when you've hit too much music.

Or, more accurately, it's time to find a player that can store more. :) Unfortunately, on this platform, no such thing exists ... yet.
  • McCREEMcCREE Opening Act
    edited July 2011
    Zemanator;4455012 said:

i stopped counting songs and started counting days a couple months ago.

111 consecutive days of music on my itunes right now.

i laugh at people when they complain about the rb loading times.
  • ExayleExayle Road Warrior
    edited July 2011
    McCREE;4455105 said:
    i stopped counting songs and started counting days a couple months ago.

111 consecutive days of music on my itunes right now.

i laugh at people when they complain about the rb loading times.

Seems necessary.