The PS3 RBN 2.0 Songs Request Thread

Comments

• hek8981hek8981 Opening Act
    edited September 2011
    Alien Ant Farm!
    Movies & Glow!
  • ArchelonArchelon Unsigned
    edited September 2011
    Please please please can we get Cynic! I have several friends who sort of look down on RBN for its song selection but they all said The Space For This would be an instant buy...unfortunately all of them have PS3s!

The double bass chart would be much appreciated too, as well as the one for Megalodon by Mastodon
  • RycheMaidenPS3RycheMaidenPS3 Road Warrior
    edited September 2011
    Tykki-Teme;4500550 said:
    Since we haven't gotten a single song out of their RBN2 releases yet, I'll excpect HMX to give us an all-Free Spirit week.

This better happen, HMX!

If this happens, everyone I know who has a PS3 and RB3 will snag all of them. Guaranteed.
  • HMXLachesisHMXLachesis Harmonix Alum
    edited September 2011
    Tykki-Teme;4500550 said:
    Since we haven't gotten a single song out of their RBN2 releases yet, I'll excpect HMX to give us an all-Free Spirit week.

This better happen, HMX!

I think any all-band week sounds like a bad idea (particularly after the Buckner & Garcia reception). PS3 players have been pretty clear in their desire for a routinely balanced, mixed-genre week from the RBN.
  • DeadPlayerDeadPlayer Unsigned
    edited September 2011
    Or it might just be because it was Buckner & Garcia and people wasn't really looking forward to those for the most part of course.
    edited September 2011
    DeadPlayer;4503412 said:
    Or it might just be because it was Buckner & Garcia and people wasn't really looking forward to those for the most part of course.

Agreed. And anyone who is not looking forward to Free Spirit...well...should be. =)
  • DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
    edited September 2011
    HMXLachesis;4503408 said:
    I think any all-band week sounds like a bad idea (particularly after the Buckner & Garcia reception). PS3 players have been pretty clear in their desire for a routinely balanced, mixed-genre week from the RBN.

And one is me.
    I want a mix of genres, not all metal, all one band.
    edited September 2011
    RycheMaidenPS3;4503530 said:
    Agreed. And anyone who is not looking forward to Free Spirit...well...should be. =)

Couple songs.. but a full week of them= turn off.
    edited September 2011
    Dangimarocker;4503576 said:
    Couple songs.. but a full week of them= turn off.

Oh, I'm not saying at all that it should be all in one week. I was just hoping that they would get them out there, period. I completely agree on the variety.

BTW - Free Spirit is not nearly as "metal" as you might think. ;-)
    edited September 2011
    You might find this interesting. (This is the kind of thing I find interesting.)

Here are the genre stats for RBN content on the Xbox since the start of RBN2.

Metal - 158 (45.1%)
    Rock - 46 (13.1%)
    Alternative - 26 (7.4%)
    Prog - 26 (7.4%)
    Pop-Rock - 21 (6%)
    Pop/Dance/Electronic - 17 (4.9%)
    Punk - 11 (3.1%)
    Indie Rock - 7 (2%)
    Classical - 6 (1.7%)
    Country - 6 (1.7%)
    Novelty - 6 (1.7%)
    Other - 6 (1.7%)
    Blues - 4 (1.1%)
    Hip-Hop/Rap - 4 (1.1%)
    New Wave - 2 (0.6%)
    R&B/Soul/Funk - 2 (0.6%)
    Fusion - 1 (0.3%)
    Grunge - 1 (0.3%)

By contrast, here are the genre stats for RBN content on PS3.

Metal - 18 (24%)
    Prog - 13 (17.3%)
    Pop-Rock - 12 (16%)
    Rock - 11 (14.7%)
    Alternative - 7 (9.3%)
    Pop/Dance/Electronic - 7 (9.3%)
    Punk - 3 (4%)
    Classical - 1 (1.3%)
    Hip-Hop/Rap - 1 (1.3%)
    Indie Rock - 1 (1.3%)
    Novelty - 1 (1.3%)

As you can see, some thought does go into a genre balance for PS3. This is why it puzzles me a bit when we get feedback that "it's all metal" on PS3 RBN (an opinion that shows up routinely in the Blog and in Facebook responses as well as in the forums). Obviously, we haven't adequately educated some of our PS3 customers about the variety of songs available, but I'm not sure what further we can do to educate them. (Suggestions are welcome.)
  • FinalAeonFinalAeon Opening Act
    edited September 2011
    Not to be rude, guys but I would be very much against a single artist week. I know a lot of people would like it but a lot of people would be pissed off by the lack of variety. Heck, if they released the rest of Rishloo's Feathergun tomorrow and we got a full week of them down the road, it would make me happy too but I wouldn't want a lot of others to be disappointed because of it.

TL;DR version: variety is good, keep things the way they are, no single artist weeks plz.
  • SheSaidSheSaidSheSaidSheSaid Washed Up
    edited September 2011
    Did you really just TL;DR a one-paragraph post? Your lack of confidence in our attention spans is palpable :(

And I don't know if that Poets of the Fall song is 2.0, but if it is, me wantey. And if it isn't, me wantey more Poets of the Fall.
  • TubaDude49TubaDude49 Road Warrior
    edited September 2011
    RosaFloydGuy;4495613 said:
    My only request is:

Toast (Live) - Heywood Banks

I am dissapoint that isn't on PS3 yet.
    DeadPlayer;4498830 said:
    Oh wait, I can't belive I forgot to mention it, but I would have died to get "Yeah Toast (Live)" over, just to put that out there.

I wouldn't mind this...
    edited September 2011
    I say it's all metal because for the first couple months that's basically what we got on RBN1.0
    You guys have been getting BETTER at it and i just wanted to say keep it up! :)

Oh
    and since this is a request thread and authority group said that BVB should be released tomorrow. I want to request all 3 of their songs for RBN. And yes im requesting 3 by one artist LOL.
    But doesn't have to be all in one week. :P
  • Bront20Bront20 The Writing's on the Wall
    edited September 2011
    HMXLachesis;4503408 said:
    I don't think it's quite as bad as it sounded like it was with the B&G stuff. Sure, folks on the forums got mad, but it was one week, and things got back to normal the next week. I don't think it's a bad precident to release a group of related content all at once on occasion. Free Spirit one week, Ziltoid stuff a few weeks later, a week of Amberian Dawn a few weeks down the road... broken up with a good mix in between. In the long run, it makes no difference, and I think it will get PS3ers excited to get a big grouping of highly demanded songs in one sitting.

Beyond that, it's rare there's enough songs to fill a single week anyway.
  • LuigiHannLuigiHann Stormtrooper
    edited September 2011
    I think 3 is probably the magic number. You could do 3 Free Spirit songs in one week, and 2 other songs for variety. That would make Free Spirit fans happy, get the attention of people who haven't heard of them yet to help them realize that Free Spirit is a big deal, and not annoy people too much. Same with any other such band with a lot of content on 360. 4 is too many and 2 wouldn't draw enough attention to have the benefit of a theme week
  • DragoonXDDragoonXD Road Warrior
    edited September 2011
    It would be bad if there was a week full of Chaotrope. :p
    edited September 2011
    Bront20;4503992 said:
    I don't think it's quite as bad as it sounded like it was with the B&G stuff. Sure, folks on the forums got mad, but it was one week, and things got back to normal the next week. I don't think it's a bad precident to release a group of related content all at once on occasion. Free Spirit one week, Ziltoid stuff a few weeks later, a week of Amberian Dawn a few weeks down the road... broken up with a good mix in between. In the long run, it makes no difference, and I think it will get PS3ers excited to get a big grouping of highly demanded songs in one sitting.

Beyond that, it's rare there's enough songs to fill a single week anyway.

Please NO to Amberian Dawn.
    Yes i love them, but we have ENOUGH as is.
    I want one a week from them, that's it!
    edited September 2011
    DragoonXD;4504023 said:

That's true... though Free Spirit still doesn't hit me as a band i would want 3 tracks in 1 week from. I'd still buy them yes because they are talented guys (just not my style of music)
  • Bront20Bront20 The Writing's on the Wall
    edited September 2011
    Dangimarocker;4504077 said:
    Please NO to Amberian Dawn.
    Yes i love them, but we have ENOUGH as is.
    I want one a week from them, that's it!
    I was just throwing out names, not endorsing any particular band.
  • DeadPlayerDeadPlayer Unsigned
    edited September 2011
    DragoonXD;4504023 said:

Is it bad that I would have bought it all on release if that was to happen?
  • wesjett08wesjett08 Rising Star
    edited September 2011
    HMXLachesis;4503750 said:

By contrast, here are the genre stats for RBN content on PS3.

Metal - 18 (24%)
    Prog - 13 (17.3%)
    Pop-Rock - 12 (16%)
    Rock - 11 (14.7%)
    Alternative - 7 (9.3%)
    Pop/Dance/Electronic - 7 (9.3%)
    Punk - 3 (4%)
    Classical - 1 (1.3%)
    Hip-Hop/Rap - 1 (1.3%)
    Indie Rock - 1 (1.3%)
    Novelty - 1 (1.3%)
    Only 3 punk songs on the PS3 with us being 2 of them both makes me happy and also a sad panda.
  • OscarvariumOscarvarium Rising Star
    edited September 2011
    wesjett08;4504101 said:
    Only 3 punk songs on the PS3 with us being 2 of them both makes me happy and also a sad panda.

A bipolar bear, you could say?

(sorry, I'll get my coat)
    edited September 2011
    wesjett08;4504101 said:

Out of context quote! That's in RBN2 only. There are 17 RBN punk-genre songs on PS3 - but 14 of them are from RBN1.
    edited September 2011
    Out of only 11 total RBN2.0 punk songs. :(
  • HeartistikHeartistik Unsigned
    edited September 2011
    I would love to have the new Underoath song "In Division" and it would be super cool to have some 2x bass pedal tracks. Thanks.
    Ps : where is new August Burns Red song that you promised (Internal Cannon).
    edited September 2011
    Heartistik;4504187 said:
    I would love to have the new Underoath song "In Division" and it would be super cool to have some 2x bass pedal tracks. Thanks.
    Ps : where is new August Burns Red song that you promised (Internal Cannon).

You'll have to ask the track author (The Authority) about its status - we have no control over the authoring process.
  • wesjett08wesjett08 Rising Star
    edited September 2011
    HMXLachesis;4504168 said:
    Out of context quote! That's in RBN2 only. There are 17 RBN punk-genre songs on PS3 - but 14 of them are from RBN1.

You know I gotta yank the HMX chain from time to time :p
    edited September 2011
    Lachesis, do you know by any chance who did/does the authoring on the Free Spirit songs?
    edited September 2011
    RycheMaidenPS3;4504209 said:
    Lachesis, do you know by any chance who did/does the authoring on the Free Spirit songs?
    I do! RockGamer.

Their thread can be found here.
This discussion has been closed.