RBN DLC for 07/28 - Live Updating! - No Trans Fats!

atalkingfishatalkingfish Opening Act
edited July 2011 in The Rock Band Network
• !I! – "!I"
• After the Burial – "Pendulum" (2x)
• Audio Ammunition – "Honeys Takin’ Money"
• Before Nine – "I"
• Dan Markland – "If I Was King"
• Ethereal Collapse – "Category I: Slave to the Empirical" (2x)
• Fallen Angel – "On and On"
• Free Spirit – "Heroes Don’t Cry"
• Halfbrick Studios – "Pirats ‘Til We Die"
• The Limousines – "Very Busy People"
• Mastodon – "Megalodon" (2x)
• Musica Diablo – "Betrayed" (2x)
• Quartered – "Walks Like A Ghost"
• Serianna – "Inheritors"
• Shakespeare in Hell – "Poor Yorick" (2x)
• Stagehands – "Now or Never"
• Thomas Walker – "Bagatelle No. 25 – Für Elise (Beethoven)"
• Thomas Walker – "Piano Sonata No. 14 – Moonlight Sonata (Beethoven)" (2x Bass Pedal)
• Winter Crescent – "Battle of Egos Part I" (2x)

Comments

• ZemanatorZemanator Rising Star
    edited July 2011
    cynic "space for this" and terrorhorse "magnolia" should both be removed from that list. both (except the 2x version of magnolia) have been pulled due to audio glitches and are both waiting to pass PR again.

should also specify that ONLY the 2x bass of poor yorrick is available, the other suffered a pricing glitch and has yet to pass PR again
  • edited July 2011
    I've been waiting for this thread lol.

I have a few questions:
    Whats the difference between this Fur Elise and the one that came out a few weeks ago? I know they are different "artists" and all but is it worth it for me to buy this one also?
    and What is this "Pirats 'Til We Die" song? Is it from something or is it just a song?
  • atalkingfishatalkingfish Opening Act
    edited July 2011
    I removed all three. I don't want to deal with 2x bass pedal songs with no 1x bass pedal counterpart out yet (it's a little misleading). So I'll put both up when the 1xs are out.
    edited July 2011
    MagicMurderBag7;4455467 said:
    I've been waiting for this thread lol.

I have a few questions:
    Whats the difference between this Fur Elise and the one that came out a few weeks ago? I know they are different "artists" and all but is it worth it for me to buy this one also?
    and What is this "Pirats 'Til We Die" song? Is it from something or is it just a song?

Sorry, I've been gone haha
    The Für Elise that came out first was a MIDI-style performance (doesn't sound as good) and has a bass part. This new one is an actual performance and I'm not 100% sure if it has a bass part of not.
    And I am finding very little info on the Pirats song. I might have to download the trial.

EDIT: It looks like the pirats song is from the Raskulls original soundtrack
    http://www.raskulls.com/
  • edited July 2011
    My version of Fur Elise does not have a bass part, nor does Moonlight Sonata. Both are also not real performances, they're MIDI songs, but I used realistic VSTs to emulate a real performance as best I could.
  • ZemanatorZemanator Rising Star
    edited July 2011
    i think one of them is sightly faster too
    edited July 2011
    Coming from the perspective of someone who has been learning classical piano since he was 5 and has learned and performed "Moonlight Sonata" on several occasions, I would like to state that this week's "Moonlight Sonata" is not very accurate and does not sound like the original should, for anyone who is looking to play it and have already. It's in the right key and everything, but there's a lot missing.

On the other hand, the VSTs used to make the MIDI sound real are very very convincing, and I always thought these were actual performances.
  • HeyRilesHeyRiles Besse's Girl
    edited July 2011
    VERY BUSY PEOPLE GlVE ME THE LINK RIGHT NOW
  • Gamers_LeagueGamers_League Banned
    edited July 2011
    Its ridiculous that Megalodon by Mastadon is coming out with x2 Bass 2 weeks after it was originally released, WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I just bought it this week thinkin' that it wasn't coming out with x2 Bass. Release both versions on the same day or just make x2 bass chart on Expert PRO Drums only

C'mon.......*uck man
  • PeridotWeaponPeridotWeapon Opening Act
    edited July 2011
    Gamers_League;4455511 said:
    Its ridiculous that Megalodon by Mastadon is coming out with x2 Bass 2 weeks after it was originally released, WTF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I just bought it this week thinkin' that it wasn't coming out with x2 Bass. Release both versions on the same day or just make x2 bass chart on Expert PRO Drums only
    Since they're considered "separate songs," there's no way for them to ensure that the community will approve them both on the same day. (And as we've seen in a few different cases over the last month, sometimes one chart will have a musical issue that the other one will inexplicably avoid.)

With weekly updates, a delay of a few hours can have the songs show up a week apart.

And then there's the other side - every time someone buys the same song twice just to get "Expert" and "Expert+" charts, it's a victory for the wallet of the charters. As well as a shining example of why Harmonix would have no interest in "officially" endorsing (2x Bass). Right now, the players are paying them NOT to!
  • Gamers_LeagueGamers_League Banned
    edited July 2011
    PeridotWeapon;4455523 said:
    Since they're considered "separate songs," there's no way for them to ensure that the community will approve them both on the same day. (And as we've seen in a few different cases over the last month, sometimes one chart will have a musical issue that the other one will inexplicably avoid.)

With weekly updates, a delay of a few hours can have the songs show up a week apart.

And then there's the other side - every time someone buys the same song twice just to get "Expert" and "Expert+" charts, it's a victory for the wallet of the charters. As well as a shining example of why Harmonix would have no interest in "officially" endorsing (2x Bass). Right now, the players are paying them NOT to!
    Speaking to the *Hopeful* RBN future.....
    Would you pay 240 msp for a song that included everything, as in all regular legacy instruments, all Pro charts for Guitar, Bass, Keys, and Drums, also include x2 bass charts in the package to those songs that have it................or....................
    Would you pay 160 msp x2 to have the same song filling your music library possibly 2x just to be able to either add either x2 bass(which is supposed to be in the original track bc thats how it was recorded) or maybe a Pro Guitar track, or Keys track

I support RBN 100%. Its kinda the NEW medium for how music should be released
  • jasonrosenbaumjasonrosenbaum Rising Star
    edited July 2011
    Honeys Takin' Money FTW!
  • edited July 2011
    Anyone have a vid of Very Busy People? I have no MSP at the moment so i want to watch a vid of the chart and pine over what i can't have (yet).
    edited July 2011
    MagicMurderBag7;4455592 said:
    Anyone have a vid of Very Busy People? I have no MSP at the moment so i want to watch a vid of the chart and pine over what i can't have (yet).

thenewnoelisoncruz has one here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHh4eeT9rk8
  • ExayleExayle Road Warrior
    edited July 2011
    Gamers_League;4455556 said:
    Speaking to the *Hopeful* RBN future.....
    Would you pay 240 msp for a song that included everything, as in all regular legacy instruments, all Pro charts for Guitar, Bass, Keys, and Drums, also include x2 bass charts in the package to those songs that have it................or....................
    Would you pay 160 msp x2 to have the same song filling your music library possibly 2x just to be able to either add either x2 bass(which is supposed to be in the original track bc thats how it was recorded) or maybe a Pro Guitar track, or Keys track

I support RBN 100%. Its kinda the NEW medium for how music should be released
    For truth. I'd pay 240 MSP for a "deluxe" track with all the extras. I understand that there's x2 Bass versions for multiple reasons... including the leaderboards. But it'd still be awesome to have the song, and be able to toggle between x2 Bass or the regular chart.

As Peridot mentioned... from a financial [and thus all-important] standpoint, the x2 Bass versions are beneficial. But I hope they're approached a little smarter in the near future. Having duplicates of tracks is far from ideal. Especially for non-drummers who invest abundant amounts of time to GS or FC one of those versions.

/off-topic.
    edited July 2011
    Easily one of my top three songs to ever come from RBN ever of all time. Now I've got the Four Horsemen of the RBN as consistent plays

Maylene and the Sons of Disaster - Step Up (I'm On It)
    Senses Fail - Lady in the Blue Dress
    A Silent Film - You Will Leave A Mark
    The Limousines - Very Busy People

I sincerely hope the guys that charted this song also put Internet Killed the Video Star in as well, RBN is so amazing when it's songs that I seriously love a lot

Love it. Heck, the song was even in my signature for a time

♫ I've got an iPod like a pirate ship, I sail the seas with fifty thousand songs I've never heard...
  • edited July 2011
    atalkingfish;4455599 said:
    thenewnoelisoncruz has one here: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zHh4eeT9rk8

Thanks. The keys look great, simple yet fun.

I can't believe it got through with that guitar chart though.
    edited July 2011
    MagicMurderBag7;4455691 said:
    Thanks. The keys look great, simple yet fun.

I can't believe it got through with that guitar chart though.

People get away with that because it's more realistic to the actual guitar play, and because Jerry Was A Race Car Driver bass did it so it's considered allowed. It's pretty bad though
  • DragoonXDDragoonXD Road Warrior
    edited July 2011
    "Pirats..." is from the Xbox Live Arcade game, Raskulls. Closest thing to pirate metal we've gotten.
  • edited July 2011
    DragoonXD;4455706 said:
    "Pirats..." is from the Xbox Live Arcade game, Raskulls. Closest thing to pirate metal we've gotten.

Oh okay. I knew that it had to be from something. I actually have Raskulls too, I just didn't much care for it.
    edited July 2011
    HeyRiles;4455694 said:
    People get away with that because it's more realistic to the actual guitar play, and because Jerry Was A Race Car Driver bass did it so it's considered allowed. It's pretty bad though

I see nothing wrong with it, as long as it's being used responsibly.
    Less Talk More Rokk did it too.
  • FlyGuyLXIFlyGuyLXI Headl!ner
    edited July 2011
    Glad that there's a different version of "Fur Elise" coming.

The version we first got sounded so artificial that I didn't even bother.
  • FairwoodStudiosFairwoodStudios Road Warrior
    edited July 2011
    atalkingfish;4455763 said:

As did Robots May Break Your Heart. It's considered legal killswitch authoring.
  • SideshowNSideshowN Rising Star
    edited July 2011
    DragoonXD;4455706 said:

I recommend that song on drums. Tis a fun song to play if your into punk.
    edited July 2011
    atalkingfish;4455763 said:

Less Talk More Rokk didn't do it, the only other songs I can think of besides Jerry Was A Race Car Driver is Robots May Break Your Heart and Eveready, and that's only from the songs I've downloaded

I basically only see it in RBN and it shows up a lot if you play keys on a guitar, but it's kinda just an annoying thing that's apparently legal now. I can't imagine too many people at all actually HOPO that stuff, it seems exceptionally difficult to FC that way as opposed to just alt-strumming
  • AskariNariAskariNari Rising Star
    edited July 2011
    HeyRiles;4456159 said:
    Less Talk More Rokk didn't do it, the only other songs I can think of besides Jerry Was A Race Car Driver is Robots May Break Your Heart and Eveready, and that's only from the songs I've downloaded

I basically only see it in RBN and it shows up a lot if you play keys on a guitar, but it's kinda just an annoying thing that's apparently legal now. I can't imagine too many people at all actually HOPO that stuff, it seems exceptionally difficult to FC that way as opposed to just alt-strumming

There's a GY chord that follows a GY sustain that is a HOPO on the guitar chart in Less Talk More Rokk.
    edited July 2011
    If it did do that, it was a mistake. The same thing happened with a Judas Priest song from the live album, if I remember correctly. What was supposed to be a r-y to y-b HOPO to another y-b ended up accidentally being a y-b to y-b HOPO. I haven't a clue which song it was anymore and I don't have the album to check it
  • ArcanonArcanon Rising Star
    edited July 2011
    HeyRiles;4456165 said:
    If it did do that, it was a mistake. The same thing happened with a Judas Priest song from the live album, if I remember correctly. What was supposed to be a r-y to y-b HOPO to another y-b ended up accidentally being a y-b to y-b HOPO. I haven't a clue which song it was anymore and I don't have the album to check it

There's a lot of space between the notes though, and its use looks planned/makes sense to me. Though I've never used this style of authoring nor encountered a situation where I would yet, I don't really have a problem with it.
  • DragoonXDDragoonXD Road Warrior
    edited July 2011
    Yeah I strum anything authored like that. Either way I find it harder to tell the time between each note.