Abbey Road Medley Different from solo songs?

wlorcbwlorcb Opening Act
edited October 2011 in The Beatles: Rock Band
I don't know if this has been mentioned before:

I have been playing TB:RB lately, I have all the DLC. While choosing songs, I noticed there were some without stars(ie I had not yet played them). I usually play the Abbey Road Medley, or the whole album.
So these were the parts of the medley that are broken up.
The on thing I noticed about You Never Give Me Your Money is that the ending guitar part sounds different than what is in the medley(or the original recording for that matter).

Anyone else notice this, or other songs in the separate sections of the medlet, or am I hallucinating again(or just reviving an old discussion in a new thread)?

Comments

• MostSpartan14MostSpartan14 Road Warrior
    edited July 2011
    Yeah, it's different because on the Abbey Road Medley it obviously has to fade in to the next song, just like it does on the album. When you play the song alone, however, it has a definite ending (as in, there's no fade out) because it isn't really necessary anymore.
  • BlueJayGuyBlueJayGuy Rising Star
    edited July 2011
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OvA64O2LySc

That's what you are looking for.

Same with Helter Skelter (the part of the middle), Taxman, Good Morning Good Morning (german speech), While My Guitar Gently Weeps (you can hear "Oohh ohh" and laughings in the original record if you put the volume louder), Hey Bulldog ending, Paperback Writer, Michelle, Lucy In the Sky, The Word, Girl, I'm Looking Through You, I think Run For Your Life, and of course, Mean Mr Mustard, that has the final chord, used in Her Majesty if you play the Sun King/Mean Mr Mustard song.

In other words, not only the available records were remastered; they remastered the original takes. You can hear an example at the Anthology, when George, Paul, and Ringo hear Tomorrow Never Knows, and at the very end Paul is surprised by a piano part that in the released tape disappears due to the fade-out.

I wish they did the same with songs like Fixing a Hole.

Imagine being able to hear how She Said She Said ends. Or Doctor Robert. I Want to Tell You, Got To Get You Into My Life, Magical Mystery Tour, The Fool On The Hill, the real end of I Am The Walrus, Baby You're a Rich Man, All You Need Is Love, Yer Blues, Everybody's ... Me And My Monkey, Sexy Sadie...

All that songs with fade-outs.
  • nascarfan19nascarfan19 Headliner
    edited July 2011
    I never understood why they kept some Beatle song fade-outs. I even notice this on Lennon's "How Do You Sleep?"
  • HubCAp_HubCAp_ Unsigned
    edited July 2011
    I like hearing the whole thing without fades too but I believe Hey Bulldog's ending where john says quiet is a fake ending because he says it twice. Also I believe ticket to ride goes longer but they end it way sooner before they screw up. There might be some more where they had to fake end it but I can't remember at the moment. Maybe they didn't end Fixing a Hole and All you Need is Love without a fade because it turned to nothing after the fade? Not sure.
  • RingoStarr39RingoStarr39 Unsigned
    edited July 2011
    The reason they kept the fadeout with some songs (Come Together, Fixing a Hole and All You Need is Love) was because the song either kept going too long after or like HubCap said, it broke down afterwards. And the reason You Never Give Me Your Money sounds different at the end is because they took a different guitar part from a different take and used it to end the song. The drumming is also different at the end.
  • CarryThatWeightCarryThatWeight Unsigned
    edited July 2011
    BlueJayGuy;4459732 said:

Imagine being able to hear how She Said She Said ends. Or Doctor Robert.
    Well, you just might be in luck. If you get your hands on the Mono version of Yesterday and Today, you can hear Doctor Robert's full cold-end. Yes, it does fade out, but not to the point where you can't hear the proper ending.

And agreed on the Fixing A Hole fade-out. I really wished they'd put a cold close in-game.
    edited August 2011
    Here's a list of all the songs on TBRB that end with a fake ending:

Boys
    I Wanna Be Your Man
    I Feel Fine
    Ticket to Ride
    Day Tripper
    Drive My Car
    You Won't See Me
    Girl
    Paperback Writer
    I Am the Walrus
    While My Guitar Gently Weeps
    You Never Give Me Your Money
    edited August 2011
    RingoStarr39;4472293 said:

Boys
    I Wanna Be Your Man
    I Feel Fine
    Ticket to Ride
    Day Tripper
    Drive My Car
    You Won't See Me
    Girl
    Paperback Writer
    I Am the Walrus
    While My Guitar Gently Weeps
    You Never Give Me Your Money

Well, just because they fade out as actual recordings doesn't mean the endings in the game are fake. The band could have ended on what they did, or maybe HMX/EMI (whoever handled the mixes of the songs) just took a longer recording and mixed it to make it end near where the fadeout is.
  • CarryThatWeightCarryThatWeight Unsigned
    edited August 2011
    RingoStarr39;4472293 said:

Girl
    Actually, if you listen to Girl at a high enough volume, you can hear the ending Em chord like the one in-game.
    edited September 2011
    I'm pretty sure Girl's ending is fake on Rock Band. And here's an updated list of fake endings:

A Hard Day's Night
    The Word
    technically And Your Bird Can Sing
    Run for Your Life
    I'm Looking Through You
    Getting Better
    edited September 2011
    ^ Getting better isn't fake either, you just don't hear the piano(?) part at the end, something they could have took the track off of
    edited October 2011
    You're right about Getting Better. woooops
    edited October 2011
    Oh yeah and the shorter ending on A Hard Day's Night isn't fake, as I recently found out. If you listen to it at the end of the movie it ends early exactly the same. So the Rock Band version is really the movie version.