New DLC Roulette

LesFleursLesFleurs Opening Act
edited October 2012 in Rock Band
Let's do it.
The rules are below.
My personal rule: Don't give me anything less than 2 stars on drums.

Here's the original rules courtesy of obsoleteshock.

All right, I have a little game for anyone who wants to simultaneously broaden their DLC horizons while also exposing others to their personal favorites. Here's how it works:

Step 1: Post a song available for download (no pack or albums).
Step 2: The person who posted a song immediately before you must now purchase the song you suggested.
Step 3: You must purchse the song suggested by the next person to make a post.

If you already own the song suggested, you don't have to buy anything (this is the roulette part of it). If you don't own it, then you must go buy it and play it, then come back to this thread to review it. This is on an honor system, so if you post here and don't hold up your end of the bargain, you are in essence stealing from the person who bought your suggestion.

Here's an example:
Post #2 - Bill suggests Killing Jar by Siouxsie and the Banshees
Post #3 - Sally suggests Thrasher by Evile
Post #4 - Joe suggests Sin Wagon by The Dixie Chicks

Since I have the first post, I buy The Killing Jar, Bill buys Thrasher and Sally buys Sin Wagon. Joe will be forced to buy the suggestion posted by poster #5 and so on. You can play as many times as you want, but every time you make a post, you risk having to buy a song if you don't already own it. DLC whores, try to take it easy on everyone else.

Since I'm starting this whole thing, I'll go ahead and take the first hit, so I have to buy the first song suggested. Ready, set, go!

*Edit*
Please use the following format when posting:

Post by Sally
"Song for Bill: Thrasher by Evile
Song from ?: Reserved for review"

Once Sally knows that Joe has given her Sin Wagon by The Dixie Chicks, she will go download it, play it and come back and edit her post to look something like this:

Revised Post by Sally
"Song for Bill: Thrasher by Evile
Song from Joe: Sin Wagon by The Dixie Chicks
Review: The guitar was hard! I failed out 3-4 times before I dropped down to hard. Who would have known that the country guitarists have such chops?"

Song from A New Pyro Fool: "Don't Tell Me You Love Me" by Night Ranger.
I was on the fence about getting this pack before the suggestion, so I went ahead and bought the 3 pack. I play X Pro Drums and played each song. Don't tell me you love me is the best one in the pack by far. It was 4 stars, and had a lot of different patterns. If you're coming up on X Pro Drums, I'd recommend picking this up. A few of the patterns are things you'd see on more difficult songs, but at a slower tempo, which is quite helpful. I usually warm up with 4 star songs, and can see this being a good warmup song. A great suggestion that I probably wouldn't have picked up otherwise.

If you read this, and consider getting the pack, I would say don't bother. Among the other two, one is super cheesy and the other has a really boring drum pattern.

Comments

• A New Pyro FoolA New Pyro Fool Forum Comedian
    edited July 2011
    My oh my, I remember this thread.

LOL ROULETTE:
    Song for LesFleurs: "Don't Tell Me You Love Me" by Night Ranger
    Song from Saccian: "Dearest (I'm So Sorry)" by Picture Me Broken

Review: (WARNING: WALL OF TEXT)

Guitar: I am split on the chart, as there are essentially three different aspects of it. The first portion is a tapping section that is about 33% slower than the one found on "Thunderstruck (Live)" by AC/DC. The first few times that it pops up during the main riffs are intriguing enough, but it overstays its welcome by the time that the bridge comes in. The next portion worth mentioning is the semi-lengthy pauses followed by a double or triple strum. It is not difficult in the slightest, and I enjoy quick strumming that I can keep up with (IE: Not TTFATF). That being said, I don't think many players enjoy a break in their music. In my case, it takes me out of the song a tad bit as I begin to fantasize about more interesting topics. Okay, it's not as bad as being a vocalist in "Green Grass and High Tides" by The Outlaws and not singing for 75% of the song. Nevertheless, I had to mention it. Lastly, the hammer-ons/pull-offs near the end of the song are reminiscent to that of "Landslide" by Fleetwood Mac. I think that it is slow enough to play with ease, yet fast enough to hold my interest and make me feel like a rockstar.

Bass: The bass is incredibly average. It failed to hold my interest on any level, save for the triple strums near the middle of the song. I must admit that I am biased against playing the bass in Rock Band in general, seeing as the charts typically fail to match up with their accompanying guitar part. Only in rare cases of songs such as "Hysteria" by Muse, "Saints of Los Angeles" by Motley Crue and "Life is Beautiful" by Sixx AM do I find the bass to be synchronized in terms of being both challenging and engaging. That being said, I stand by my aforementioned point.

Drums: I found drums to be the highlight of the entire song. There is quite a bit of variation in terms of what you'll be playing. I can best describe it as a mix between "A Clean Shot" by The Myriad (drum rolls with alternating sticking) and "Stick Stickly" by Attack Attack! (quick bass pedal hits, in addition overall feel of the chart). It should be noted that the amount of overdrive that you'll obtain on this song is enough to keep your entire band alive during band quickplay. For some reason, more overdrive seems to come your way in comparison to other songs of similar duration (roughly 4 minutes). If you enjoy the drums for this song like I did, may I suggest that you try out some of the Damone songs that are available on RBN? :]

Vocals: The lead singer's voice (who is Greg Allman's daughter, I believe) immediately reminded me of Haley Williams from Paramore. Paramore is a guilty pleasure of mine, so this song ended up being an extension of my attempts to sing Paramore songs just like Williams. I happen to find screaming fun to imitate while playing Rock Band as well (except in "Thrasher" by Evile, which just sucked). I dare say that the screaming portions reminded me of "Visions" by Abnormality. As for the actual chart, the range is not particularly taxing on the vocal chords. Well, at least not on my vocal chords. I found the song to have proper variation, as mentioned above, and arouse my interests without overstaying its welcome. With this in mind, vocalists will find this song to be slightly above average in terms of vocal chart quality.

Overall Ratings:
    Guitar: 3/5
    Bass: 2/5
    Drums: 4/5
    Vocals: 3.5/5
  • SaccianSaccian Opening Act
    edited July 2011
    This is a cool idea, I wasn't aware it existed before.

I enjoy introducing others to new music as well as reviewing songs so this is right up my alley. I am a DLC whore though so I'll try to only post on here occasionally. If the next poster wishes to choose two songs for me then I am fine with that.

Hrmm, not too many 99 cent(80 MSP) songs that I have, how about this Picture Me Broken one then. It does have a little bit of screaming in it but you have Alexisonfire in your wish list so I imagine that this is OK.

Song for 'A New Pyro Fool': "Dearest(I'm So Sorry)" by Picture Me Broken

Song from 'atalkingfish' -"Scenes from an Italian Restaurant" by Billy Joel

Review: Wow, Billy Joel, interesting pick. A song from the Piano Challenge pack no less. My reviews on DLCQP tend to be long winded so I'll do my best to keep it short.

I do already own this song so I guess I dodged the bullet there although I had only played the song once before. To get a true feeling for the song I played it on Guitar, Bass, Drums, Keys(via plastic guitar), Vocals and finally on Pro-Keys. I don't even recall hearing this song before I played it in Rock Band.

The Bass chart is fairly simple but does have some fun hooks near the last half of the song which involve a series of HOPO's. I imagine it is these sections that give the song its Challenging difficulty rating. I did manage to get the FC for this instrument on the sight read.

The Guitar chart is very chordy although I do find that the frequent chord changes and different chord patterns used in this song help keep it interesting. Because of these two things and the quicker tempo for certain parts I missed a few notes but still made away with a Gold Star.

The Drum chart is fairly simple at the beginning although when it picks up it has a fun drum beats to play along to. There is some good kick pedal action in the 'Rock' part of the song. I managed to make it to 5 stars on Expert but I ended up hurting my foot on my kick pedal and never finished the my playthrough on this instrument.

I played the regular Keys chart with my Guitar. It has some neat chord changes and even the fancy GYO chord made an appearance. The solos were pretty interesting although I messed both of them up. I was going to play it again to get the Gold Star but I realized I still had two more playthroughs to do and this song is over 7 minutes long so I scrapped that idea.

After hearing it four times consecutively I actually managed to 5 star this song on vocals on my first attempt. I'm not a skilled vocalist at all although if I am familiar with the tune I can usually do okay on Expert. I am not sure what people like when it comes to singing, but there are a lot of pitch changes to this song so I think the average vocalists would approve of this song.

Lastly, I tried the song on Pro-Keys. I haven't used my keyboard since 2010 and even back then I could only handle the easiest songs on Expert. I thought I would take it easy and play the song on Hard but even at that difficulty this song was way over my head. There were way too many chord changes for me to keep up with. It wasn't so bad on Medium though.

Overall, the song is decent for all instruments. I think a strong Pro-Keys player would get the most out of this song. Scenes from an Italian Restaurant is definetly a change of pace from the standard Rock Band offering but if you like variety and feel like switching things up from time to time, this song might be a good pick up.

PS - Sorry, I failed to keep the review short. Oh well.
  • atalkingfishatalkingfish Opening Act
    edited July 2011
    Song for Saccian: "Scenes from an Italian Restaurant" by Billy Joel
    Song from broncosfan06: "The Thrill is Song" by B.B. King

The song had a pretty good keys chart. I'll be interested to see how it works with guitar and keys. While the guitar was the show-off of the track, it didn't seem too hard. That doesn't mean it isn't interesting, though.
    The keys track was definitely different than what I expected. (I purposely did not buy this song when it came out because I thought it would be lame).
    Anyways, I'm glad I got it because it was a new and interesting piece of music for me.

Please have it be a song with keys (Tier 3 [•••··] or higher please)
  • broncosfan06broncosfan06 Debbie Downer
    edited July 2011
    Song for atalkingfish: B.B. King - The Thrill is Gone. With all the craze over the guitar part the pretty good tier 3 keys part has gone relatively unnoticed.

Song from ???:

Lookin for somethin good on guitar. (-:
  • LesFleursLesFleurs Opening Act
    edited July 2011
    I'm playing again because I like to play new songs.
    Song for Broncosfan06: Hey Joe(Live) - The Jimi Hendrix Experience
    Song from Bront20: You Should be Dancing - The BeeGees
    Sorry this took so long. Very busy day.

Well...I didn't look forward to buying this. I was concerned that it was going to be an annoying disco beat the whole time (I play X pro drums). It contained no trace of a disco beat, which was nice. However, for the first 4 1/2 stars of the song, it was a basic 4/4. After that, it was a long drum solo which in theory should be fun, but I couldn't really get into it. I couldn't recommend this to people who only play drums like myself. It wasn't terrible, but it wasn't fun.

Once again, song must be at least 2 stars on drums.
  • Bront20Bront20 The Writing's on the Wall
    edited July 2011
    Song for LesFleurs - "You Should Be Dancing" - The BeeGees

Song for me...
    "She's Not There" - The Zombies

I love this song. Lots of fun on guitar, bass, and drums. I Picked it up on release day, recommend it for anyone.
  • CasanovaFrankeCasanovaFranke Opening Act
    edited July 2011
    Song for Bront20 - "She's Not There" - The Zombies.

Song for me - "Molly's Chamber" - Kings of Leon

I'm temporarily poor, so unless I already have it, you probably won't see a review pop up for a week or so...

EDIT: And it's one that I have. Not a huge fans of KOL but I'll be damned if this and Sex on Fire are damn fun to sing. Very enjoyable.
  • Mariolover1Mariolover1 Unsigned
    edited July 2011
    Song for CasanovaFranke - "Molly's Chambers" - Kings Of Leon
    Song for me - Crackerman - Stone Tempe Pilots

Not bad, fairly good on drums, good vocals a bit of a strumfest, bass is pretty plain, meh.
  • MackieMackie Rising Star
    edited July 2011
    Song for mariolover: Crackerman - stone temple pilots.
    Song for me...

Something with a good melody on vocals plz... Oh I'm so anxious, I can't take it!!!
  • DemonUnicornsDemonUnicorns Normally Dumb
    edited July 2011
    Song for Mackie: "Stand" - R.E.M.
    Song for me: "For What It's Worth" - Buffalo Springfield

Haha well I wold be lying if I said I didn't have that one. =)
  • jacob42jacob42 Opening Act
    edited July 2011
    song for DemonUnicorns: For What It's Worth - Buffalo Springfield

Song for me: Starship Trooper - Yes
    Whoa, this song is really fun on keys and guitar (except for the swerve into country guitar in the bridge) the glissando spam at the keys outro is really fun.

song must have keys
  • Heavens_SaintHeavens_Saint Rising Star
    edited July 2011
    Song for 'jacob42': Starship Trooper - Yes

Song for me:
    edited July 2011
    Not gambling, just giving my review of Stand - REM chosen by DemonUnicorms. Well to be honest when I first saw the title I was like "aww f--- what did I get myself into!". Then I looked up on YouTube and was like "ok I guess it could be worst". Then I bought it, then played it and was like "this songs owns!". So thanks for the suggestion it was exactly what I wanted - a hip song with a good vocal melody, good job DU.
  • DemonUnicornsDemonUnicorns Normally Dumb
    edited July 2011
    Mackie;4463694 said:
    Not gambling, just giving my review of Stand - REM chosen by DemonUnicorms. Well to be honest when I first saw the title I was like "aww f--- what did I get myself into!". Then I looked up on YouTube and was like "ok I guess it could be worst". Then I bought it, then played it and was like "this songs owns!". So thanks for the suggestion it was exactly what I wanted - a hip song with a good vocal melody, good job DU.

Hey you're welcome. Your fear was the exact one I had coming into this thread. :p
  • SpriteSprite Opening Act
    edited July 2011
    Song for Heavens_Saint: "Henrietta" - The Fratellis

Song for me: "Trippin' on a Hole in a Paper Heart" - Stone Temple Pilots

Review: This was a great pick for me and where I am at. It's a recognizable song (once I got to the chorus). I love those "forgot about you" tunes. I tend to play drums. I did two go rounds with the drums. The first stab on expert pro drums was a little sad. I got about 4 and 3/4 stars and nearly died 3 times. It's got a bit of a challenging beat, but it isn't annoyingly repetitive. That is to say it gives you breathing room. The second time around I definitely got the beat more. Finished with 5 stars. Great song. If you are a drummer trying to bridge the gap from the easy expert songs to the hard expert songs this is a great song to use.
    edited July 2011
    Yes, I'm playing again.

Song for Sprite: Sending you back to Guitar Hero 2 with Trippin' on a Hole in a Paper Heart by Stone Temple Pilots.

Song for me: Drain the Blood - The Distillers

I actually enjoyed this song. I don't really have a lot to say about it. I played it on X Pro Drums. It had a lot of interesting little bits that you don't expect to see in a 3 dot difficulty song. Makes Roulette worth playing when you add these little gems.
  • molsonmuscle360molsonmuscle360 Unsigned
    edited July 2011
    Song for LesFleurs - Drain the Blood - The Distillers

Song for Me.... - Burn It To The Ground - Nickelback

You know, I hadn't downloaded this song before basically because I was sick of hearing it at Oilers games and on commercials for Raw when I am watching Bellator or something like that on the Score, but it's actually a really fun song, the solo kicked my booty though
  • Bront20Bront20 The Writing's on the Wall
    edited July 2011
    molsonmuscle360: Burn It To the Ground - Nickleback
    LesFleurs;4461794 said:
    I'm playing again because I like to play new songs.
    Song for Broncosfan06: Hey Joe(Live) - The Jimi Hendrix Experience
    Song from Bront20: You Should be Dancing - The BeeGees
    Sorry this took so long. Very busy day.

Well...I didn't look forward to buying this. I was concerned that it was going to be an annoying disco beat the whole time (I play X pro drums). It contained no trace of a disco beat, which was nice. However, for the first 4 1/2 stars of the song, it was a basic 4/4. After that, it was a long drum solo which in theory should be fun, but I couldn't really get into it. I couldn't recommend this to people who only play drums like myself. It wasn't terrible, but it wasn't fun.

Once again, song must be at least 2 stars on drums.
    Figured the drum solo would be cool for you. It's also got an awesome bass line with a bass solo if you play bass.

All right folks, hit me! Again, I'm a PS3er, and all I ask is that it's a song I shouldn't be afraid to play in front of my 3 year old and wife (AKA, no Sir Phycho Sexy or Hammer Smashed Face please))

Song for Bront20: "My Old School" -- Steely Dan
    Sweet! Haven't quite gotten the nerve to pick that one up yet. Will snag it on Tuesday.

Review - Well, I'm not a huge Steely Dan fan, and that's why I sort of hemmed and hawed over the song, but I'm glad I picked it up. It's a fun sounding song with that Steely Dan jazzy sound.

Guitar: Fun, though it hits on several things I suck at (quick single/chord combos kill me). I struggled though it, but it's hard to complain with the variety and challenge, that was at the edge of what I'd considered fun.

Bass: I love this on bass. It's what I love about bass charts. Maybe a little too sparse at times, but otherwise, it's a blast. Maybe a tad easy, but fun none the less. The bass chart bumped the song up to a 5 lighter rating.

Haven't had a chance to try it on anything else, but it's a win in my book.
  • SoConfinedSoConfined Opening Act
    edited July 2011
    Song for Bront20: "My Old School" -- Steely Dan

Song for me [from atalkingfish]: "You Should Be Dancing" by the Bee Gees.

Just looking for a good chart with a nice solo; don't care whether the solo is on guitar, keys, drums, or bass. I guess I should note I'm a Wii user, too.

EDIT: Wow, Bee Gees. That was unexpected. I just bought the song, and now I'm going to give it a couple tries on each instrument. I'll have my review up soon. :P

EDIT2: Alright, finally had a chance to give it a run-through on everything, except vocals.

First off, the guitar chart is a total nightmare. I personally found it to be harder than "Antibodies", as far as insane alt-strumming goes. I didn't go into the red, but I had a very hard time keeping a 4x combo (and only managed to do so a couple of times for only 2-4 seconds each time). The solo, however, was pretty fun. Some nice little HOPO goodies in there, including a decent-length trill. Happy to say I FC'd the solo on my sightread. I managed to get 4 stars on the song.

Next up, I tried bass. I knew going in it would be fun because of the beat and style of music, but quite honestly, this is one of my favorite bass charts in the game now. It has a steady rhythm with a couple of hammer-ons, followed by some quick alt-strums. The pre-chorus is the easiest part of the track, and was a good place to get extra star power from those sustains. The charting started to get a little tricker towards the end of the song by throwing additional HOPOs and strums in there. Then, when I least expected it...a bass solo! I read that one of the Bee Gees' songs had a bass solo, but I didn't remember which one. Needless to say, seeing the solo meter pop up kinda threw me off, so I ended up messing up the beginning of the solo. I cleared out with a 97% on the solo, and 5* total. All in all, the bass track managed to make up for the terrible guitar chart.

Then I broke out my drums for the first time in months; boy, I am so out of practice. After practicing a few songs, I jumped into this song, expecting to fail, especially because I heard what sounded like a tricky drum solo in there when I was playing guitar/bass. For the most part, the song has a simple, steady beat that's really easy to keep a combo going on. The drum solo was, in my opinion, the only difficult part of the song. The solo reminded me of a fast-paced version of Ringo's drum solo in "The End". The tom roll/bass pattern was groovy, and I was surprised at how well I did. I got 79% of the solo. Overall, I found the drum track quite fun, especially because of the drum solo.

Keys were kind of meh. A good warm-up song, at least, with the moderate-tempo note-to-chord changes. Otherwise, there wasn't anything super interesting. It did pick up pace during the last minute of the song, though, and I blew getting 5 gold stars because of it. I imagine it's more fun on PRO keys, and it sounds like it would be a good song for getting used to chords.

All in all, I'm happy with the purchase. I'll definitely play it on bass a lot, and I can picture it becoming a regular song in my drumming routine (if I get pack to playing them regularly, that is). The guitar chart is absolutely painful, though. Gotta work on getting 5 stars on it now...

Thanks for the song!
    edited July 2011
    Song for SoConfined: "You Should Be Dancing" - The BeeGees
    Song from Tykki-Teme: "Promises In The Dark" - Pat Benatar

I am a fan of Pat Benatar but for some reason this song was just meh. I dunno, maybe it's the song or the play, but it's just "eh". It's a good filler song I guess.

Please have it be a song with keys (Tier 3 [•••··] or higher please)
  • Tykki-TemeTykki-Teme Road Warrior
    edited July 2011
    Great to see this return, loved the previous roulette thread.

Song for atalkingfish: "Promises In The Dark" - Pat Benatar
    Song from Mackie: "Modern Love" - David Bowie

Good song, if I ignore the fact that my PS3 refuses to even install the song. Review will be coming when this has been solved.

Note for the next poster: I'm on PS3, so I don't have access to majority of the RBN content.
    edited July 2011
    Ok time to roll the dice once more...

Song for Tykki: Modern Love - David Bowie
    Song for me : Feather plucking - PUSA

Review: didn't love it, but it was ok. From listening from the previews it sounded like Ladybug woulda been a better choice but whatevs.

Another song with a good vocal melody plz! (no legacy is preferred but not required).
    edited July 2011
    Song for Mackie: Feather Pluckn - The Presidents of the United States of America

Song for me: Welcome to the Family - Avenged Sevenfold

Review later.
    edited July 2011
    Song for LesFleurs: "Welcome to the Family" by Avenged Sevenfold
    Song from ???: ...

Please have it be a song with keys tier 3 [•••··] or higher
  • --terrorisly--terrorisly Rising Star
    edited July 2011
    Song for atalkingfish: A Little Respect by Erasure
    Song from molsonmuscle360: A Drug Against War by KMFDM

Review: I've never a big fan of industrial metal or anything like that, so I was a little reluctant to buy this song. After buying it and playing it on guitar, I'm still not too convinced that I like it. It was very strummy and repetitive, and not really what I like in a guitar song. I didn't like the sudden solo or anything either. The song, I guess, is a little too frantic for me, but it'll make for good strumming practice.

Preferably, I'd like songs with guitar tier 3 or higher, but it's not required. :)
  • molsonmuscle360molsonmuscle360 Unsigned
    edited July 2011
    Song for --terrosily: A Drug Against War - KMFDM

Song from: Saccian "A Little Faster" - There for Tomorrow - Apologies for the delay in getting around to it. I dl'd it almost immediately but between my online dynasty on NCAA and family stuff I haven't had much time. Very interesting little tune. Not something I'd normally pick up, but my initially impression was Panic At The Disco meets Rise Against. Fun guitar actually, charted a lil on the low side in my opinion but I have old man hands that cramp on me quickly so maybe it's just me. Cool pick though, thanks for the new tune :D

Preferably something 2-5 dot on guitar with decent vocals. But no big deal either way :)
  • SaccianSaccian Opening Act
    edited July 2011
    This one is only 2 dot for Guitar but I enjoy the vocals with it as well.

Song for molsonmuscle360: "A Little Faster" - There for Tomorrow

Song from grizzlymaze: "There Was A Time" - Guns N' Roses

This song is part of the Chinese Democracy Album which I am very familiar with. I first decided played this song on the Drums as I don't believe I ever have done so before. I found the drum track to be fairly fun and it had some neat little rolls that made me smile when I hit them. I did find though that the drums were starting to feel repetitive by the time the last guitar solo ended as the rhythm is mostly the same for this part and the guitar solo is a whopping 3 minutes long.

The Bass chart wasn't overly impressive but there were a few quick parts which prevent it from being boring. "There Was a Time" is the albums most difficult rated song for Guitar with an Impossible difficulty rating although I personally feel that it is over tiered. The only difficult parts are in the last guitar solo and they aren't that bad with the exception of the quick ascending triplet part right at the very end.

I will admit that I absolutely messed this part up on my playthrough and probably only hit 2 notes of this tricky spot. I might have even failed if I had turned off No Fail but I wasn't paying attention. Despite this one part, I don't feel it warrants the song being at Impossible difficulty. My favorite part of the song is Buckethead's portion of the guitar solo where he uses his kill switch. It reminds me of "Jordan" from GH2.

Being that this song was recommended to me by one of the best vocalists in this game, I figured I should at least attempt to sing the song. At first I was rather pleased to find that I could sing the song at the proper octave as Axel's singing is usually way above my regular vocal range. I was doing fairly well up until I hit the bridge and just missed out failing this part. Near the end there are a bunch of super high pitched notes that I couldn't hit even after I tried pulling my shorts up towards my neck.

Overall this is a very cool tune. I would highly recommend to anyone who hasn't already done so to check out the entire Chinese Democracy album as the songs are really fun to play, especially if you are a guitarist. This song in particular is a good one for both singers and plastic guitar players.
  • grizzlymazegrizzlymaze Fourplay for a Long Time
    edited August 2011
    Song for Saccian: There Was A Time, Guns n Roses ... I hope you'll like it! :)
    Song from BillybobJoe1881: Govt Mule, Broke Down on the Brazos
    (something i can buy on the ps3 and isnt growlies please)

Thank you for the recommendation Billybobjoe but I didnt find it enjoyable at all to sing. Very little going on and how on earth it is rated a 3 on vox is astounding as there is nothing even remotely complicated about this song. It just seemed to drag on and on and I was so glad when it finally ended. It did however sound like it might be challenging and fun to play on gtr and bass. Thanks again. :)

Saccian, kudos to you for attempting to sing There was a Time! It is such a powerful song, great lyrics and melody ... a song you can really belt out ... like you said though those high notes have to be a real stretch for the dudes to sing. That entire album is phenomenal for us singers and guitar players. Some more Axl would be lovely!! :D
  • billybobjoe1881billybobjoe1881 Rising Star
    edited August 2011
    Song for grizzlymaze: Gov't Mule - Broke Down on the Brazos
    Song from ???
  • SpedkillSpedkill Opening Act
    edited August 2011
    Song for billybobjoe1881: Linkin Park-Waiting for the end