DLC Week of 8/2 Discussion - Singles from Beastie Boys, Heart, James Brown & Rufus!

edited October 2011 in Rock Band
hmxhenry;4457368 said:
This week, the Rock Band DLC release features funk, Hip Hop, and Classic Rock with 4 amazing artists. Beastie Boys kick things off with the lead single off of their 2011 release Hot Sauce Committee Part Two, “Make Some Noise” and one of their breakout rock party anthems – “No Sleep till Brooklyn”.

From the world of funk, Rock Band fans get a one-two punch! Rufus (ft Chaka Khan) delivers the grooves with “Tell Me Something Good”. The Godfather of Soul himself, James Brown, picks up the tempo with the inimitable “Super Bad, Pts. 1 & 2”.

Lastly, Heart’s “Barracuda” arrives in the Rock Band Music Store. A frequent request on RockBand.com, this tune features an optional Pro Guitar upgrade, letting you learn the galloping riff to the 1977 classic.

As always, songs available as downloadable content for Rock Band 3 feature five-button guitar and bass parts, drums, Pro Drums, and keys, Pro Keys and harmonies, where applicable. Some songs also feature Pro Guitar and Pro Bass upgrades available for an additional $0.99 upgrade download.

Available on Xbox 360, Wii and PlayStation®3 system (August 2nd , 2011):

• Beastie Boys – “Make Some Noise”
• Beastie Boys – “No Sleep till Brooklyn”
• Heart – “Barracuda” X
• James Brown– “Super Bad, Pts. 1 & 2” X
• Rufus (ft. Chaka Khan) – “Tell Me Something Good ”

These tracks will be available for purchase as individual tracks on Xbox 360, PlayStation®3 system and Wii. Tracks marked with “X” will include Pro Guitar and Pro Bass expansions for $0.99 per song.

Price:

$1.99 USD, £.99 UK, €1.49 EU (160 Microsoft Points) per song
$2.00 USD (200 Wii Points™) per song
$0.99 USD (100 Wii Points/80 Microsoft Points), £0.59 UK, €0.79 EU per song for eligible Pro Guitar/Pro Bass upgrade

** Dates for Rock Band game tracks are tentative and subject to change. **
So when you see this week's DLC, will you tell me that it's something good, or will you think that it's super bad? C'mon, people, have a heart and make some noise!

Comments

• edited July 2011
    And the RBN goodies:
    hmxhenry;4460372 said:
    Alternative

Dan Markland - "If I Was King" (80 MSP)

Classical

Thomas Walker - "Bagatelle No. 25 - Für Elise (Beethoven)" (80 MSP)
    Thomas Walker - "Piano Sonata No. 14 - Moonlight Sonata (Beethoven)" (80 MSP)

Hip-Hop

Audio Ammunition - "Honeys Takin' Money" (80 MSP)

Metal

After the Burial - "Pendulum (2x Bass Pedal)" (160 MSP)
    Ethereal Collapse - "Category I: Slave to the Empirical (2x Bass Pedal)" (80 MSP)
    Fallen Angel - "On and On" (160 MSP)
    Halfbrick Studios - "Pirats 'Til We Die" (80 MSP)
    Mastodon - "Megalodon (2x Bass Pedal)" (160 MSP)
    Musica Diablo - "Betrayed (2x Bass Pedal)" (80 MSP)
    Serianna - "Inheritors (2x Bass Pedal)" (160 MSP)
    Shakespeare in Hell - "Poor Yorick (2x Bass Pedal)" (80 MSP)
    Winter Crescent - "Battle of Egos Part I" (80 MSP)
    Winter Crescent - "Battle of Egos Part I (2x Bass Pedal)" (80 MSP)

Other

!I! - "!I" (80 MSP)

Pop/Dance/Electronic

The Limousines - "Very Busy People" (160 MSP)

Pop-Rock

Stagehands - "Now or Never" (80 MSP)

Rock

Before Nine - "I" (160 MSP)
    Free Spirit - "Heroes Don't Cry" (160 MSP)
    Quartered - "Walks Like A Ghost" (80 MSP)

PS3 RBN Releases for Tuesday, 8/2/2011 (SCEA) and Wednesday, 8/3/2011 (SCEE)

A Day to Remember - "Better Off This Way" ($1.99) - Rock
    Amberian Dawn - "Dreamchaser" ($1.99) - Metal
    Drugstore Fanatics - "Hangman" ($0.99) - Alternative
    Magnus 'SoulEye' Pålsson - "Pressure Cooker" ($0.99) - Pop/Dance/Electronic
    Rose of Jericho - "Buried Cold (RB3 version)" ($0.99) - Pop-Rock
  • ClaptonsWigClaptonsWig I Can't Dance
    edited July 2011
    Wow, this is a varied week but it's really flat. Heart is nice, glad to see Beastie Boys making a return.
  • Backwards MarathonBackwards Marathon Rising Star
    edited July 2011
    Was hoping for Crazy on you but Barracuda is great! Not a fan of the rest.
  • SayburrSayburr The Always Informative Rock Band Forum Guru
    edited July 2011
    Finally, Heart... too bad it is just one song.
  • TheStuddzTheStuddz Lil Rascal
    edited July 2011
    Another letdown week for me. Only one song that I'll buy, being Barracuda. I'll also check out the James Brown track. Oh well, there's always next week. Unless next week is Incubus. Aww man.
  • HeyRilesHeyRiles Besse's Girl
    edited July 2011
    Hah, brand new Beastie Boys song. Gross!

Really weak week
  • The_OreoThe_Oreo Opening Act
    edited July 2011
    Had it been 'Don't Play No Game That I Can't Win' it would've made my DLC month, but Make Some Noise and No Sleep Til' are still awesome! Been digging the Beasties recently. And a little disappointed that the chosen Heart track is Barracuda, but I'll get by.
  • MourganDespanaMourganDespana Road Warrior
    edited July 2011
    Wait, what?

No Sleep till, now.

4 of 5 for me.

Decent week, just nothing that jumps out, except BARRACUDA!
  • BruceDickinsonBruceDickinson Road Warrior
    edited July 2011
    Buying it all. Great week!
  • Doom878Doom878 Road Warrior
    edited July 2011
    Oh lawd. That be the song that go "Chaka Khan, Chaka Khan, Chaka e;lkgnal;gas;jl;fasbjhakbasjn" Tight!!!
  • TheStuddzTheStuddz Lil Rascal
    edited July 2011
    P.S. I love how many people are disappointed. At least you keep giving us consistent DLC, and we appreciate it, HMX.

Edit: nevermind, a few people are excited.
  • dog037dog037 This Many Days Since Last Ban:
    edited July 2011
    Getting No Sleep Till Brooklyn and Barracuda. Have to listen to the other three.
  • howieduenhowieduen Rising Star
    edited July 2011
    HeyRiles;4463402 said:

Really weak week

Yeah, seriously. I will buy exactly zero of these songs. It's kind of odd to have a "singles" week and not have at least one song I'm interested in... oh well.
  • robinbin7robinbin7 Opening Act
    edited July 2011
    The only songs I know are NSTB and the James Brown song. May get the James Brown song, but won't be getting NSTB since I already have it on GHWT.
  • PlutarchPlutarch Road Warrior
    edited July 2011
    Ah crap, I had this nagging feeling the Heart song was going to be Barracuda. I was really hoping for Crazy On You, though. Nothing really jumps out at me this week...Beastie Boys are fun to listen to but haven't typically been all that fun in the game. Oh well, I got the whole Yes pack, so I guess the other shoe had to drop.
  • LoopyChewLoopyChew Wordsmith
    edited July 2011
    I *like* the new Beastie Boys song. The only one that I'm wavering over is Tell Me Something Good.
  • PankrazzoPankrazzo Road Warrior
    edited July 2011
    Never heard that James Brown song and Rufus, but more Beastie Boys & Heart are amazing additions.
  • RockBandand24FanaticRockBandand24Fanatic Road Warrior
    edited July 2011
    Barracuda is an awesome song, can't wai to play it! I don't like the Beastie Boys that much, But i love No Sleep Till Brooklyn, so I'll be picking it up. Also James Brown rules, and I'm glad we're getting more of his songs.

So 3/5 for me, not bad HMX
  • ClaptonsWigClaptonsWig I Can't Dance
    edited July 2011
    HeyRiles;4463402 said:

Really weak week

This ^
  • Cipher_PeonCipher_Peon I don't get it at all
    edited July 2011
    No Sleep till Brooklyn!!!!!! YESSSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Definite buy for me :D
    And Very Busy People is amazing!
    Totally love it<3
  • MourganDespanaMourganDespana Road Warrior
    edited July 2011
    Plutarch;4463413 said:
    Ah crap, I had this nagging feeling the Heart song was going to be Barracuda. I was really hoping for Crazy On You, though. Nothing really jumps out at me this week...Backstreet Boys are fun to listen to but haven't typically been all that fun in the game. Oh well, I got the whole Yes pack, so I guess the other shoe had to drop.
    HAHA, wrong boys.
  • LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    edited July 2011
    God, why Barracuda? The song is just boring to me, and it's not even fun on GH3. I'll pass on that, though it really saddens me. I knew I should have put Crazy On You in my setlist video.

I'm getting No Sleep 'till Brooklyn, one of my favorite songs from World Tour.

I'll have to listen to the rest.

And whatever happened to that "song 3,018" tweet? That made me expect a lot, and we got another singles week. Not too bad, but the least interesting in a while.
  • gham77gham77 Opening Act
    edited July 2011
    I'll have those Beasties tracks without a doubt, maybe Barracuda as a GH legacy thang and will have to check out the other 2.

Glad we're finally getting some Beastie Boys but a tad disappointed that it's only 2 tracks.
    Not sure if i'm remembering wrong but didn't i hear "Body Movin" had been duel licensed for DC and RB?
  • Backwards MarathonBackwards Marathon Rising Star
    edited July 2011
    Plutarch;4463413 said:
    Ah crap, I had this nagging feeling the Heart song was going to be Barracuda. I was really hoping for Crazy On You, though. Nothing really jumps out at me this week...Backstreet Boys are fun to listen to but haven't typically been all that fun in the game. Oh well, I got the whole Yes pack, so I guess the other shoe had to drop.
    You wish we had some backstreet boys.
  • edited July 2011
    I think this week is awful. I even wouldn't of been against Heart except they picked the song that was absolutely unfun to play in GH3. Plus I didn't like it musically either. I did like Crazy On You in GH1 though. It is weeks like this I want to hang myself for commiting to buying all the official dlc lol. Especially with the song cap issue.
  • GillDaThrillGillDaThrill Opening Act
    edited July 2011
    What exactly is that "Other" song - !I, by !I! That's just punctuation gone haywire. How do you say that? Is it akin to !!! (chk chk chk)? Or do you scream the band name louder than the song name? Are factorials involved? It seems impossible to search for on Google. I don't have XBox, so it may be somewhat moot to me, but it's got me curious. Any help would be appreciated.
  • SeymourDuncan17SeymourDuncan17 Road Warrior
    edited July 2011
    I probably know Super Bad.

As of now, all I'm getting are No Sleep Til Brooklyn and Barracuda. So sad we couldn't have Magic Man :'(
  • HeyRilesHeyRiles Besse's Girl
    edited July 2011
    TheStuddz;4463408 said:
    P.S. I love how many people are disappointed. At least you keep giving us consistent DLC, and we appreciate it, HMX.

There's a difference between being appreciative of consistent DLC, and not being excited about this week's choices. If I wasn't appreciative I wouldn't even check for DLC
  • azzaman333azzaman333 Road Warrior
    edited July 2011
    If I get anything, it'll be Beastie Boys, but it's not high on my list.
  • PlutarchPlutarch Road Warrior
    edited July 2011
    MourganDespana;4463420 said:
    HAHA, wrong boys.
    Wow. what an epic fail. Guess that shows my level of interest in the band, eh?