LiveHomeVideo's Rock Band 4 Setlist v2.0... in video form!

LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
edited April 2012 in Your Ultimate Setlist
I decided to make a video showcasing my setlist, which has gone through a few changes. Here's why:

- So you can hear a sample of every song, just in case there's something you discover you like in the setlist.
- It's fun looking at album art.
- I wanted to test my YouTube account's new time length capabilities.

Please note, though, that while the setlist is a few songs shorter this time, it's almost 40 minutes long, so it might help to "skim" through the video.

Also, due to copyright, the video is unavailable in Germany. My apologies.

Here's the video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5d_T1kmHSM

Comments

• exploderexploder Road Warrior
    edited July 2011
    Nice,but using the music videos would've been a good idea too
    Sing For The Moment better be in the real RB4
  • LiveHomeVideoLiveHomeVideo Trying too hard
    edited July 2011
    exploder;4460409 said:
    Nice,but using the music videos would've been a good idea too

The only reasons why I didn't use videos was because:

a) Not enough space for full videos on my hard drive with comfort, and my USB cards wouldn't be able to hold them all.

b) Not all these songs have music videos.

c) Copyright. It's already blocked in Germany for sound files, but full videos would probably get the banhammer even tougher.
    edited July 2011
    LiveHomeVideo;4460454 said:
    The only reasons why I didn't use videos was because:

a) Not enough space for full videos on my hard drive with comfort, and my USB cards wouldn't be able to hold them all.

b) Not all these songs have music videos.

c) Copyright. It's already blocked in Germany for sound files, but full videos would probably get the banhammer even tougher.

Makes sense,but I make music videos(using other videos from the artist) of songs and they don't get taken down
    edited July 2011
    exploder;4460516 said:
    Makes sense,but I make music videos(using other videos from the artist) of songs and they don't get taken down

Yeah, but those wouldn't be taken down, since they were modified. Clips from music videos in a video like mine would still be taken down, since it's just straight footage. Plus, quite a few artists either have no videos, or are really hard to find.
    edited July 2011
    Update: In the video description I've added every song and what time the sample comes in the video.
  • MegaIronDragonDethMegaIronDragonDeth Post Ratio > 3 a Day
    edited July 2011
    DragonForce - Extreme Power Metal (Power Metal) - 11:20
    Dream Theater - Pull Me Under (Progressive Metal) - 11:50
    Drist - Arterial Black (Metal) - 12:20
    Iron Maiden - Dream of Mirrors (Heavy Metal) - 17:50
    Rhapsody - Dawn of Victory (Power Metal) - 29:50

and a few other non-metal songs I'd be interested in. I'd definitely buy it, favourite list I've seen now, that's not all or mostly Metal. Though I sort of thought there was quite a bit of Metal and not enough Classic Rock in my opinion.

Edit. I actually just looked over the setlist and it looks like I was mistaken.
    edited July 2011
    MegaIronDragonDeth;4462349 said:
    DragonForce - Extreme Power Metal (Power Metal) - 11:20
    Dream Theater - Pull Me Under (Progressive Metal) - 11:50
    Drist - Arterial Black (Metal) - 12:20
    Iron Maiden - Dream of Mirrors (Heavy Metal) - 17:50
    Rhapsody - Dawn of Victory (Power Metal) - 29:50

and a few other non-metal songs I'd be interested in. I'd definitely buy it, favourite list I've seen now, that's not all or mostly Metal. Though I sort of thought there was quite a bit of Metal and not enough Classic Rock in my opinion.

Edit. I actually just looked over the setlist and it looks like I was mistaken.

Mistaken in that you don't like it, or that there was plenty of classic rock?

If it's the latter, I'm glad you enjoyed it :D
    edited July 2011
    LiveHomeVideo;4462380 said:
    Mistaken in that you don't like it, or that there was plenty of classic rock?

If it's the latter, I'm glad you enjoyed it :D

Definitely the latter, I like the setlist a lot.
    edited July 2011
    MegaIronDragonDeth;4462387 said:
    Definitely the latter, I like the setlist a lot.

OK, good. Again, glad you enjoyed it.
    edited August 2011
    Update, and question:

There are a few songs I've been saying "Why didn't I add that?!?" to. Should I make an update video with songs I forgot to add?
    edited August 2011
    I have another question:

If I weren't to do a "whoops, forgot these songs!" video, should I do weekly DLC?
    edited August 2011
    LiveHomeVideo;4482204 said:
    I have another question:

If I weren't to do a "whoops, forgot these songs!" video, should I do weekly DLC?

Weekly DLC would be nice, but so would the first thing
  • Alfon1995Alfon1995 Opening Act
    edited August 2011
    Ey great idea. I think that I'm gonna do that with my list...

That list

http://www.rockband.com/forums/showthread.php?t=223575
  • GandWuserGandWuser Road Warrior
    edited August 2011
    Nice setlist.

You ever think of making a YouTube playlist instead of just one long video of samples?
    edited August 2011
    GandWuser;4484089 said:
    Nice setlist.

You ever think of making a YouTube playlist instead of just one long video of samples?

The problem with that is that videos in the setlist could be removed for any reason after I make the setlist, whether the poster gets the video removed for copyright, or the poster just removes his account, or he gets banned from YouTube. That wouldn't be the first time I caused someone to get their account banned fro copyright.
    edited October 2011
    Update:

As The Darkness' "I Believe in a Thing Called Love" is coming tho Rock Band this Tuesday, I've added an annotation at that part to say so. First song off this list to get DLC since I made it.
    edited December 2011
    Update:

As Queen's "Bicycle Race" is coming to Rock Band this Tuesday, I've added an annotation at that part to say so. Second song off the list to get DLC since I made it. It's about damned time.
  • generalbanegeneralbane Rising Star
    edited December 2011
    Over half of the bands I've either never heard of or can't stand. Me personally, I would probably not buy this if Trogdor wasn't on it.
    edited December 2011
    generalbane;4561650 said:
    Over half of the bands I've either never heard of
    That's what happens when someone like me, who likes all sorts of different kinds of music that some people have never even heard of, makes a list like this.
    generalbane;456150 said:
    or can't stand

Well, OK. I have to admit, there's an overflow of pop rock and the such. It's OK to have opinions that differ from mine, because I don't share that many opinions with other people.

Still, thanks for giving the video a look at, and if it's not your kind of thing, I totally understand.
  • generalbanegeneralbane Rising Star
    edited December 2011
    LiveHomeVideo;4561682 said:
    That's what happens when someone like me, who likes all sorts of different kinds of music that some people have never even heard of, makes a list like this.
    Well, OK. I have to admit, there's an overflow of pop rock and the such. It's OK to have opinions that differ from mine, because I don't share that many opinions with other people.

Still, thanks for giving the video a look at, and if it's not your kind of thing, I totally understand.

That's the beauty of an ultimate setlist. I hate it when people go on these threads and tell them that their list straight up sucks. It may not suck to the person that created it. It's ok for people to say that the list does not personally appeal to them, as this one did not personally appeal to me. Your list doesn't suck though, cuz you've been getting good feedback. You did also feature my favorite song of all time, One, so thanks for that!
    edited December 2011
    May I make a suggestion to fill in one of the blanks (that happened thanks to DLC)?

Jay Z - Heart Of The City (Ain't No Love)

it's a Rap song, but it's got a lot of guitar and would be great for RB.
    edited December 2011
    exploder;4561938 said:
    May I make a suggestion to fill in one of the blanks (that happened thanks to DLC)?

Jay Z - Heart Of The City (Ain't No Love)

it's a Rap song, but it's got a lot of guitar and would be great for RB.

I plan on doing a video with songs that either I discovered since I made this, or I wanted to put in, but couldn't find until now. So maybe.
    edited December 2011
    OK, I made another version. I added difficulty tiers, removed songs, added songs, and such, but mostly it's the same. The songs are ordered by difficulty.

However, YouTube says that it's blocked worldwide, but I can access it fine, even when on another computer. So you guys tell me:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4BKhYFvlg6k

EDIT: Looks like it's no longer blocked, but it still says blocked on my Status screen. WTF!
    edited December 2011
    The setlist with tiers is good. I just think Crazy On You by Heart should be a lower tier on guitar. Probably down to tier 6 a.k.a. 5 dots. It was on the sixth tier out of eight tiers in GH2.
    edited December 2011
    MegaIronDragonDeth;4565366 said:
    The setlist with tiers is good. I just think Crazy On You by Heart should be a lower tier on guitar. Probably down to tier 6 a.k.a. 5 dots. It was on the sixth tier out of eight tiers in GH2.

IMO it was undertiered there. Plus, with the way charts are, it'd kinda be like Starship Trooper by Yes.

And also, thanks for viewing. It's good to know that it's unblocked.
  • coolsnoopy97coolsnoopy97 Rising Star
    edited December 2011
    Alright, just sat through the whole 40-minute thing :P

I think the variety's certainly excellent and a ton of deep cuts (perhaps too much), but there's simply too much alternative and pop for my taste. Not enough metal, and what's there is generally metalcore or nu-metal, which I'm not a fan of.

So, I wouldn't buy this immediately, but I certainly would buy it because of Bat Out of Hell. That song warrants a purchase no matter what.

I thought you over-tiered a little, especially on the Devil tiers. I also noticed a bunch of all-Devil tier songs from the previous lists get demoted. I'm glad Dawn of Victory survived :)

Overall, good job. 7.5/10, just because of the lack of metal in comparison to indie and pop and the like.
    edited December 2011
    coolsnoopy97;4565465 said:
    Alright, just sat through the whole 40-minute thing :P

I think the variety's certainly excellent and a ton of deep cuts (perhaps too much), but there's simply too much alternative and pop for my taste. Not enough metal, and what's there is generally metalcore or nu-metal, which I'm not a fan of.

So, I wouldn't buy this immediately, but I certainly would buy it because of Bat Out of Hell. That song warrants a purchase no matter what.

I thought you over-tiered a little, especially on the Devil tiers. I also noticed a bunch of all-Devil tier songs from the previous lists get demoted. I'm glad Dawn of Victory survived :)

Overall, good job. 7.5/10, just because of the lack of metal in comparison to indie and pop and the like.

There's actually 14 metal songs (2 more than RB2). Just as you said, some of it is metalcore (though there's really only one Nu-metal song, the rest actually isn't Nu-metal, no matter what HMX says), but also a few power metal songs in there too. And yes, the tiers are not at all near perfect. As I said in earlier posts in my tiers thread, it's hard to tier things right without headphones (and with my s***ty laptop speakers).

Anyways, thanks for giving it a look over, and for an honest opinion.
  • coolsnoopy97coolsnoopy97 Rising Star
    edited December 2011
    I would argue that several of the songs you put as Alternative Metal are Nu-metal, but I suppose that's trivial. How many pop songs are there, out of curiosity? Maybe I was mistaken, as the beginning of the video was mainly alt and pop, but metal got in there naturally as the songs became tougher.
    edited December 2011
    coolsnoopy97;4565488 said:
    I would argue that several of the songs you put as Alternative Metal are Nu-metal, but I suppose that's trivial. How many pop songs are there, out of curiosity? Maybe I was mistaken, as the beginning of the video was mainly alt and pop, but metal got in there naturally as the songs became tougher.

You are right, there is a lot of alternative and pop songs, too. I'd say about half of the setlist is alternative, pop or indie. The other half is dominated by metal and classic rock, though.
    edited December 2011
    Since a live version of Spirit of the Radio hit stores today, I updated the videos with notations, and put the actual tiers on the second video.