newbie rockband mom needs help

swelch1021swelch1021 Unsigned
edited August 2011 in LEGO: Rock Band
inherited "hofner base guitar" and "beatles drums" with small playstation logo button. will these work on wii system? what do I need to sync them to my wii system? cables or dongle? will be buying lego rockband if I can get these things working. Thanks!!!!!!

Comments

• MegaIronDragonDethMegaIronDragonDeth Post Ratio > 3 a Day
    edited July 2011
    I'm sure if they are Playstation controllers, that they can't be played with on another system like the Wii. But they will play on a Play Station.

You could get the Rock Band 3 Wireless Fender Stratocaster Guitar Controller for Wii for $59.99 on amazon.com and the Pro Drums with Pro Cymbals (the Pro drums game mode featuring regular drum gameplay + 1-3 cymbals only for use in Rock Band 3 though) at amazon.com for $124.02. I'm pretty sure the pro drums kit can be used in Lego: Rock Band, just you won't use the 3 cymbals. But you will use the 4 drum pads and bass pedal to play drum notes in lego Rock Band. If someone could please confirm that the Pro Rock Band 3 drums will work in Lego Rock Band, besides the actual Pro mode, thanks.
  • queuemarkqueuemark Opening Act
    edited July 2011
    MegaIronDragonDeth;4461629 said:

You could get the Rock Band 3 Wireless Fender Stratocaster Guitar Controller for Wii for $59.99 on amazon.com and the Pro Drums with Pro Cymbals (the Pro drums game mode featuring regular drum gameplay + 1-3 cymbals only for use in Rock Band 3 though) at amazon.com for $124.02. I'm pretty sure the pro drums kit can be used in Lego: Rock Band, just you won't use the 3 cymbals. But you will use the 4 drum pads and bass pedal to play drum notes in lego Rock Band. If someone could please confirm that the Pro Rock Band 3 drums will work in Lego Rock Band, besides the actual Pro mode, thanks.

Or if that gives you sticker shock, try searching craigslist in your area. There are a ton of cheap plastic instrumental deals out there from people looking to unload.
  • GNFfhqwhgadsGNFfhqwhgads 99% Washed Up
    edited August 2011
    MegaIronDragonDeth;4461629 said:
    There's no such thing as a 'Pro drum kit'. It's just the regular kit with the regular cymbals in a bundle package.
  • lvmathemagicianlvmathemagician Road Warrior
    edited August 2011
    GNFfhqwhgads;4465739 said:
    There's no such thing as a 'Pro drum kit'. It's just the regular kit with the regular cymbals in a bundle package.

MadCatz says you're wrong.

http://store.gameshark.com/viewItem.asp?idProduct=4828&idCategory=323
  • marcandrebillmarcandrebill Unsigned
    edited August 2011
    I play Lego Rock Band with my Rock Band 3 Pro Drum, I can even use the cymbals.
    edited August 2011
    lvmathemagician;4465881 said:
    Congratulations, you posted a link to...

Exactly what I described! Good job!
  • JoshVanHalen87JoshVanHalen87 Road Warrior
    edited August 2011
    GNFfhqwhgads;4466390 said:
    Congratulations, you posted a link to...

Exactly what I described! Good job!

but... its called pro either way, so there is a pro drum kit.
  • SirDavidTLynchSirDavidTLynch Headliner
    edited August 2011
    ...which is just the regular drum kit with the RB3 cymbals. Without the cymbals, there's nothing pro about it.
  • JoshVanHalen87JoshVanHalen87 Road Warrior
    edited August 2011
    lol, yeah, but its called pro drum kit, not that it is, but its called that.
    edited August 2011
    It's even trademarked as such!
    edited August 2011
    JoshVanHalen87;4466556 said:
    but... its called pro either way, so there is a pro drum kit.
    Again, no, there isn't. There are Pro cymbals. And Pro-compatible drum kits. There is no such thing as a Pro drum kit. MegaIronDragonDeath asked for confirmation that the 'RB3 Pro Drums work in LEGO'. There is no such product, and as a matter of fact, the product in question is no different from the one we got in 2008 anyways.
    edited August 2011
    GNFfhqwhgads;4467029 said:
    Again, no, there isn't. There are Pro cymbals. And Pro-compatible drum kits. There is no such thing as a Pro drum kit. MegaIronDragonDeath asked for confirmation that the 'RB3 Pro Drums work in LEGO'. There is no such product, and as a matter of fact, the product in question is no different from the one we got in 2008 anyways.

The manufacturer of the pro drum kits disagrees with you. It's time for you to understand that you do not know more than the manufacturer.
    edited August 2011
    lvmathemagician;4467535 said:
    The manufacturer of the pro drum kits disagrees with you. It's time for you to understand that you do not know more than the manufacturer.
    So name all the differences between the 'Pro' kit and the RB2 kit we saw in 2008, two years before Pro drums was an option.
  • MegaIronDragonDethMegaIronDragonDeth Post Ratio > 3 a Day
    edited August 2011
    GNFfhqwhgads;4467993 said:
    So name all the differences between the 'Pro' kit and the RB2 kit we saw in 2008, two years before Pro drums was an option.

I was just calling it somewhat like what I saw it was called on amazon.com http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_noss?url=search-alias%3Daps&field-keywords=rock+band+pro+drum . If I hadn't looked on amazon.com to find the price for the item first, then I would have called it the rock band 3 drum kit with pro cymbals.
  • edited August 2011
    Guys, this thread has gone wildly off-topic in a way that's not at all helpful to the original poster. No gold stars for you.

OP, your Playstation instruments will not work on a Wii. You will have to purchase Wii-specific instruments if you want to play on that console.
This discussion has been closed.