RBN DLC Discussion: 7/28/2011 (Xbox), 8/2/2011 (PS3)

HMXLachesisHMXLachesis Harmonix Alum
edited August 2011 in The Rock Band Network
Xbox RBN Releases for Thursday, July 28

Alternative
Dan Markland - "If I Was King" (80 MSP)

Classical
Thomas Walker - "Bagatelle No. 25 - Für Elise (Beethoven)" (80 MSP)
Thomas Walker - "Piano Sonata No. 14 - Moonlight Sonata (Beethoven)" (80 MSP)

Hip-Hop
Audio Ammunition - "Honeys Takin' Money" (80 MSP)

Metal
After the Burial - "Pendulum (2x Bass Pedal)" (160 MSP)
Ethereal Collapse - "Category I: Slave to the Empirical (2x Bass Pedal)" (80 MSP)
Fallen Angel - "On and On" (160 MSP)
Halfbrick Studios - "Pirats 'Til We Die" (80 MSP)
Mastodon - "Megalodon (2x Bass Pedal)" (160 MSP)
Musica Diablo - "Betrayed (2x Bass Pedal)" (80 MSP)
Serianna - "Inheritors (2x Bass Pedal)" (160 MSP)
Shakespeare in Hell - "Poor Yorick (2x Bass Pedal)" (80 MSP)
Winter Crescent - "Battle of Egos Part I" (80 MSP)
Winter Crescent - "Battle of Egos Part I (2x Bass Pedal)" (80 MSP)

Other
!I! - "!I" (80 MSP)

Pop/Dance/Electronic
The Limousines - "Very Busy People" (160 MSP)

Pop-Rock
Stagehands - "Now or Never" (80 MSP)

Rock
Before Nine - "I" (160 MSP)
Free Spirit - "Heroes Don't Cry" (160 MSP)
Quartered - "Walks Like A Ghost" (80 MSP)

PS3 RBN Releases for Tuesday, 8/2/2011 (North America) and Wednesday, 8/3/2011 (Europe)

A Day to Remember - "Better Off This Way" ($1.99) - Rock
Amberian Dawn - "Dreamchaser" ($1.99) - Metal
Drugstore Fanatics - "Hangman" ($0.99) - Alternative
Magnus 'SoulEye' Pålsson - "Pressure Cooker" ($0.99) - Pop/Dance/Electronic
Rose of Jericho - "Buried Cold (RB3 version)" ($0.99) - Pop-Rock

Comments

• ArcanonArcanon Rising Star
    edited July 2011
    FairwoodStudios;4462458 said:
    *does the "we finally have a PS3 song" dance*

I will one day know this dance.

At least I can do the *we finally have a non-electronic metal song of awesome* dance.
  • KonadorKonador Rising Star
    edited July 2011

And if anyone's curious, the consensus among peer reviewers is that "If I Was King" is ridiculously, utterly British. So, take that as you will.

Haha, that it is! And it's all part of the brilliance :P Check out some of his other stuff on Spotify or iTunes :)
  • DragoonXDDragoonXD Road Warrior
    edited July 2011
    Was the double bass version of "Poor Yorick" supposed to go into the store before the regular version?
  • bjyaritzbjyaritz Road Warrior
    edited July 2011
    People do not be discouraged by RockBandAides version of "Heroes Don't Cry". I think that they chose to use a really lowsey live version for the web page. The album version is an awesome song!
  • DavyinaTogaDavyinaToga Road Warrior
    edited July 2011

Seriously? TAG got a song ported to PS3 before Fairwood Studios? Thats a little backwards...

On another note, not only will Buried Cold be the only song from Megamix 01 to be ported to PS3, it'll most likely be the only Megamix song EVER to be ported TWICE. Awesome.
  • Lord_PorkswordLord_Porksword Unsigned
    edited July 2011
    When is "Pray for Plagues" comming to tha PS3?
    I was hoping it'd be in this bunch... :(
  • atalkingfishatalkingfish Opening Act
    edited July 2011
    Question: If I were to format my future pre-thursday threads to include everything that these thursday threads have, would you just sticky them instead of making a new thread?
  • Lord_MhoramLord_Mhoram Road Warrior
    edited July 2011
    Dan Markland - "If I Was King"
    Thomas Walker - "Piano Sonata No. 14 - Moonlight Sonata (Beethoven)"
    Fallen Angel - "On and On"
    The Limousines - "Very Busy People"
    Stagehands - "Now or Never"
    Before Nine - "I"
    Free Spirit - "Heroes Don't Cry"

Small week for me for RBN.
  • TheDescentTheDescent Road Warrior
    edited July 2011
    As a PS3 user I must say that this is a great addition. I'll get all the 1 $ songs. Hangman is my favourite, probably my most waited song from RBN2.0, and Buried Cold it's gonna be awesome for vox, keys and drums.

Gonna check the quartered song, Africa was neat.

Now the most waited artist is MASTODON!
  • SeymourDuncan17SeymourDuncan17 Road Warrior
    edited July 2011
    DO WHAT YOU WANT 'CAUSE A PIRATE IS FREE

I almost feel bad I didn't buy Raskulls now. That song is so awesome... in an uber cheesy sort of way.
  • Tykki-TemeTykki-Teme Road Warrior
    edited July 2011
    Definitely getting ADTR and Drugstore Fanatics for PS3, maybe even the RB3 version of Buried Cold. I might re-buy it for keys and Pro drums.
  • HMXLachesisHMXLachesis Harmonix Alum
    edited July 2011
    atalkingfish;4463008 said:
    Question: If I were to format my future pre-thursday threads to include everything that these thursday threads have, would you just sticky them instead of making a new thread?

No.

The reason why is because your threads are going up before the release date. Consequently, they list songs that aren't published yet, and they often include links to the Xbox Marketplace for purchasing those songs. Until Harmonix officially releases songs to the store, things can still go wrong with those songs, and this can cause a negative experience for people who purchase them.

For the vast majority of the time, nothing will go wrong and songs won't be pulled from publication. And I recognize why the community values the advance information, and I know many authoring groups are really happy that their songs are available in advance again.

But if anything goes wrong, and a song is pulled from the store, then I want it to be clear that Harmonix did not recommend purchasing the song in advance. Stickying a prerelease thread would reduce clarity in this matter.
  • atalkingfishatalkingfish Opening Act
    edited July 2011
    HMXLachesis;4463369 said:
    No.

The reason why is because your threads are going up before the release date. Consequently, they list songs that aren't published yet, and they often include links to the Xbox Marketplace for purchasing those songs. Until Harmonix officially releases songs to the store, things can still go wrong with those songs, and this can cause a negative experience for people who purchase them.

For the vast majority of the time, nothing will go wrong and songs won't be pulled from publication. And I recognize why the community values the advance information, and I know many authoring groups are really happy that their songs are available in advance again.

But if anything goes wrong, and a song is pulled from the store, then I want it to be clear that Harmonix did not recommend purchasing the song in advance. Stickying a prerelease thread would reduce clarity in this matter.

True, and good points, but on Thursday, I replace the the original post with the songs that were actually announced (rather than keeping the other ones).
    I see what you mean, though.
  • jas2ohjas2oh Unsigned
    edited August 2011
    I'm worried. Today's PlayStation Europe store update blog post only has two RBN tracks: 'Better Off This Way' and 'Buried Cold'. I was really looking forward to SoulEye's track/s (and dB soundworks), one of many reasons I moved from Wii and converted my instruments.
    edited August 2011
    jas2oh;4467237 said:
    Today's PlayStation Europe store update blog post only has two RBN tracks: 'Better Off This Way' and 'Buried Cold'.

We're experiencing technical difficulties with "Dreamchaser", "Pressure Cooker", and "Hangman" on PS3 in Europe. I'm working with Sony Europe to get these songs released as rapidly as possible, but I don't know the length of the delay yet. I'm sorry that I don't have more information for you at this time.
  • SkodeSkode Headliner
    edited August 2011
    DavyinaToga;4462929 said:
    Seriously? TAG got a song ported to PS3 before Fairwood Studios? Thats a little backwards...

On another note, not only will Buried Cold be the only song from Megamix 01 to be ported to PS3, it'll most likely be the only Megamix song EVER to be ported TWICE. Awesome.

Man that sucks, i actually bought a couple of songs from RBN because of that Megamix... it never dawned on me PS3 owners got almost no content from it for their library.

Hangman is a great song to soften the blow though for PS3 owners, a great song at a great price.
  • jakeellis01jakeellis01 Opening Act
    edited August 2011
    Only 2 RBN Songs for PS3 EU Store this week (3rd Aug)

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2011/08/03/heads-up-game-store-update-3rd-august-2011/

HMX do you know about this?

really wanted drugstore fanatics :(
  • edited August 2011
    jakeellis01;4468331 said:
    Only 2 RBN Songs for PS3 EU Store this week (3rd Aug)

http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2011/08/03/heads-up-game-store-update-3rd-august-2011/

HMX do you know about this?

really wanted drugstore fanatics :(

I don't mean to be harsh, but perhaps you should have read the thread before posting? The ever awesome HMXLachesis has already commented on this:
    HMXLachesis;4467260 said:
    We're experiencing technical difficulties with "Dreamchaser", "Pressure Cooker", and "Hangman" on PS3 in Europe. I'm working with Sony Europe to get these songs released as rapidly as possible, but I don't know the length of the delay yet. I'm sorry that I don't have more information for you at this time.
  • jakeellis01jakeellis01 Opening Act
    edited August 2011
    Der_Lex;4468335 said:
    I don't mean to be harsh, but perhaps you should have read the thread before posting? The ever awesome HMXLachesis has already commented on this:

thanks for your reply

sorry for my poor searching skillz
  • lvmathemagicianlvmathemagician Road Warrior
    edited August 2011
    At $0.99 Hangman by Drugstore Fanatics is a steal. It's easily worth $2.00.
  • dansolodansolo Rising Star
    edited August 2011
    Picked up Pressure Cooker and Hangman, both really good for only 99 cents. Can anyone confirm that Dreamchaser is the single bass version instead of the double bass one?, I've already got tons of Amberian Dawn songs charted for only one foot.
  • PankrazzoPankrazzo Road Warrior
    edited August 2011
    PS3 doesn't get any 2x bass pedal song versions at the moment, so yes it's definitely the single bass version.

Also, double bass song versions always have the "(2x Bass Pedal)" tag at the end of the song title.
  • dansolodansolo Rising Star
    edited August 2011
    Thanks man, that makes sense
  • kev1nekev1ne Unsigned
    edited August 2011
    Great the three missing songs of last week are still not in this update.
  • Tykki-TemeTykki-Teme Road Warrior
    edited August 2011
    kev1ne;4473519 said:

Just posted about this in the support section. Sucks, since I'd really want to get Hangman. The best RBN track in a while.
    edited August 2011
    kev1ne;4473519 said:

Known problem. We're working to get these out as fast as possible, but it will take some time.
  • kev1nekev1ne Unsigned
    edited August 2011
    Let me get this straight. After 4 weeks you still weren't able to upload those three missing songs? Well we all know what pain it is to collaborate with SCEE because let's face it, SCEE sucks. But I mean a whole month went by and still nothing? Did you guys gave up?