Stagehands: The Silent City, completely awesome

CJHobbesCJHobbes Road Warrior
edited July 2011 in The Rock Band Network
I just wanted to create a thread proclaiming how much I've fallen in love with this album, and give a big huge thanks to RBN, the band and the author for bringing Stagehands' "Now or Never" to the game.

I saw it listed in the announcement today, having never heard of the group or the song. I threw a search into Youtube and listened. 15 minutes and 3 more songs later, I'm ordering their album from their site. It's as if the band knew what I loved and threw it all into an awesome mix of sound: rock, pop, theater and broadway.

This is why I look at the RBN announcements often: you never know when you're going to discover a gem of a song or band that gives you that giddy "holy...this is awesome!" feeling.

/floored

Edit: I don't know how I missed it, but I just noticed there's another Stagehands that's been on the RBN for a while, with Fairwood Studios being the author of both.

Comments

• atalkingfishatalkingfish Opening Act
    edited July 2011
    I've discovered several amazing bands through the RBN including Timeless Miracle and NeonFly.
    It's a pretty cool experience.
  • FairwoodStudiosFairwoodStudios Road Warrior
    edited July 2011
    CJHobbes;4463646 said:
    Edit: I don't know how I missed it, but I just noticed there's another Stagehands that's been on the RBN for a while, with Fairwood Studios being the author of both.

Though, fair warning, that was right around the Pro Drums transition time and there are a couple errors as a result. I believe they're all covered by fills on the natural path, but still. Our bad.

But yea, I really enjoy discovering new stuff through RBN, either because someone wanted to be our client or because another team got a good find. There's been groups like The Limousines where they show up in playtest and I don't really take much notice, but by the time they're released I'm like "why couldn't we get them?". Nino Burbuja is constantly stuck in my head and I don't even know what they're singing (I have translations, but still), and I'm still disappointed that The Raspberry Ants don't do more stuff.