RBN DLC for 8/4 - Live Updating! - 50% Longer Battery Life!

atalkingfishatalkingfish Opening Act
edited August 2011 in The Rock Band Network
WARNING:
The following songs are not official until they appear in the Rock Band Music Store on Thursday. If you buy them before then, you are doing so at your own risk.

SONG TITLES:
Askari Nari - "Reviving a Deal Language"
Emery - "The Cheval Glass"
Eminence - "Devil's Boulevard"
Free Spirit - "Moonlight Ride"
Free Spirit - "Shadow of a Man"
Halcyon Way - "Desecration Day (2x Bass Pedal)"
Heywood Banks - "Toast (Live)"
Morgawr - "Dawn (Blood Saga I)/Through the Maelström"
Psyguy - "Wha-Chow Theme (Feat. ShadyVox)"
Robin Skouteris - "American Hero vs. Done"
SNMT - "PON DE FIOR"

Preview videos and other information
available at http://rbnstuff.com/songs/upcoming

Comments

• atalkingfishatalkingfish Opening Act
    edited July 2011
    SNMT - "PON DE FIOR" has been added
  • KemirochKemiroch Opening Act
    edited July 2011
    Sweeeeet, more Free Spirit! Moonlight Ride, consider yourself bought.

Could this week possibly see Shadow of a Man released as well? Heh I feel like a kid on Christmas morning.
  • PeridotWeaponPeridotWeapon Opening Act
    edited July 2011
    • SNMT - "PON DE FIOR"

I'm not even quite sure HOW to classify this one. It's somewhere between music and "white noise." Closest thing it reminds me of is Aphex Twin.
    edited July 2011
    Anyone know what happened to SNMT - "PON DE FIOR"?
  • DragoonXDDragoonXD Road Warrior
    edited July 2011
    Nothing, I'm pretty sure rbnreleases is having issues. It was majorly glitching all the songs/artists with special characters in their names.
  • TubaDude49TubaDude49 Road Warrior
    edited July 2011
    Toast is now a day into Quarintine, expect it soon
  • SideshowNSideshowN Rising Star
    edited August 2011
    Is there going to be any more songs this week? The output seems really low.
  • FairwoodStudiosFairwoodStudios Road Warrior
    edited August 2011
    SideshowN;4465938 said:

Yea, plenty more on tap. Morgawr, Emery, Askari Nari... the American Hero/Done mashup is set to show up, some more classical stuff, and I'm sure I'm forgetting other stuff.

It's only Monday. Most songs pass on the weekend, so with quarantine that takes them until Tuesday/Wednesday to show up.
  • ArcanonArcanon Rising Star
    edited August 2011
    SideshowN;4465938 said:

Aside from PON DE FIOR, we have two more songs that are in quarantine right now:

Psyguy - Wha-Chow Theme (Feat. ShadyVox)
    Askari Nari - Cluster #2

Cluster #2 passed super early this morning, like at around 1 or 2 AM Central. So it should come out of quarantine in time for the store update. Wha-Chow Theme passed Saturday morning so links should come out tomorrow.

Couple that with all of the amazing stuff Fairwood already mentioned (which includes their Askari Nari track Reviving a Dead Language, so double dose of that) and Thursday is shaping up to be an amazing RBN release day.
  • PeridotWeaponPeridotWeapon Opening Act
    edited August 2011
    Arcanon;4465962 said:
    Askari Nari - Cluster #2

Heh. That's a weird title to see used more than once in the RBN discography. (Or is this an RB3 version of the song we already have?)

Assuming rbnreleases still has technical issues when the other songs start trickling in, the most recent one was at http://marketplace.xbox.com/en-US/games/offers/80000ae1-0000-4000-8000-000045410914

Just increase the highlighted number by two for each new song when it appears. (e3 will have the next new one, followed by e5, e7, e9, eb, etc. Subtract by one if you're looking for the demo version.)
    edited August 2011
    PeridotWeapon;4465971 said:
    Heh. That's a weird title to see used more than once in the RBN discography. (Or is this an RB3 version of the song we already have?)

It's an RB3 version. The guitar chart from the RB2 version has been changed into a keys/Pro Keys chart. The RB2 version was made so that this song could be played in RB2 with a guitar chart.

We didn't add the (RB3 version) tag since the first song already had (RB2 Version) and is credited under the artist's real name, Jacob Chaney. We felt the metadata differences would differentiate the two versions enough.
  • ZemanatorZemanator Rising Star
    edited August 2011
  • SeymourDuncan17SeymourDuncan17 Road Warrior
    edited August 2011
    Aren't we also seeing another Askari Nari track this week?
    edited August 2011
    SeymourDuncan17;4465980 said:
    Aren't we also seeing another Askari Nari track this week?

Both Cluster #2 and Reviving a Dead Language (Fairwood's song by proxy) passed this week, so yeah. RaDL should pop up first since it passed first.
    edited August 2011
    I dig Morgawr so looking forward to that track.
  • FairwoodStudiosFairwoodStudios Road Warrior
    edited August 2011
    SideshowN;4466025 said:
    I dig Morgawr so looking forward to that track.

We got the pass email, so it should be showing up any time now.

The RBNReleases stuff was apparently due to some UTF8 encoding malarkey, it sounds like Duff has it under control though.
    edited August 2011
    FairwoodStudios;4466045 said:
    We got the pass email, so it should be showing up any time now.

The RBNReleases stuff was apparently due to some UTF8 encoding malarkey, it sounds like Duff has it under control though.

Excellent, I've been a fan of them since Herlathing was released. Really love their Dark Metal sound.
  • TheOzoneTheOzone Road Warrior
    edited August 2011
    Here's a preview for "American Hero vs. Done" by Robin Skouteris: http://t.co/tg3E4vR
    edited August 2011
    This preview isn't up to date, but it's still a preview.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xc6liOe7po4&feature=related
    The song will be up by tomorrow night
  • FlyGuyLXIFlyGuyLXI Headl!ner
    edited August 2011
    TubaDude49;4466270 said:
    This preview isn't up to date, but it's still a preview.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Xc6liOe7po4&feature=related
    The song will be up by tomorrow night

What is that supposed to be?
    edited August 2011
    FlyGuyLXI;4466275 said:
    What is that supposed to be?

"Toast" by Heywood Banks.

Ever see the TF2 "YEAH TOAST" video? This is the song they used
    edited August 2011
    TheOzone;4466217 said:
    Here's a preview for "American Hero vs. Done" by Robin Skouteris: http://t.co/tg3E4vR

Ah, I see. So you get to post in my threads, but I can't post on your videos. Anyways, I had a question about that song that I tried to comment with (and I guess I have to ask it here)...
    In regards to your comment on that video.. "I'd be interested to hear what kind of effect was used. I assume that, since it's an effect, the interval between the two pitches is consistent throughout the phrase?"
  • bjyaritzbjyaritz Road Warrior
    edited August 2011
    Kemiroch;4464792 said:
    Sweeeeet, more Free Spirit! Moonlight Ride, consider yourself bought.

Could this week possibly see Shadow of a Man released as well? Heh I feel like a kid on Christmas morning.

I DL'd it last night, freakin' awesome!
    edited August 2011
    atalkingfish;4466425 said:
    Ah, I see. So you get to post in my threads, but I can't post on your videos. Anyways, I had a question about that song that I tried to comment with (and I guess I have to ask it here)...
    In regards to your comment on that video.. "I'd be interested to hear what kind of effect was used. I assume that, since it's an effect, the interval between the two pitches is consistent throughout the phrase?"
    I have no idea what effects Ron puts on his vocals. It's sort of a secret of his, which gives it the "Ron Wasserman sound" he developed back in his Power Rangers days. But yeah, it's pretty consistent through the entire song.

Ozone Fact: It's baked into the vocal stem I received and makes the lip sync impossible. That's why it's never seen being sung by a character in the mashup. To fix this in the original song, I actually had to create a dry vocal track of me singing.
    edited August 2011
    TheOzone;4466515 said:
    To fix this in the original song, I actually had to create a dry vocal track of me singing.

Any way we can get a hold of this dry vocal track?
    edited August 2011
    atalkingfish;4466517 said:
    Any way we can get a hold of this dry vocal track?
    Noooooooooo. I'm intentionally singing poorly on it as I'm over-annunciating the words to ensure the mouth moved right. You will never hear it. Ever.
    edited August 2011
    TheOzone;4466523 said:
    Noooooooooo. I'm intentionally singing poorly on it as I'm over-annunciating the words to ensure the mouth moved right. You will never hear it. Ever.

Don't say that, it makes me want to hear it more...
  • KemirochKemiroch Opening Act
    edited August 2011
    So I've been checking the rbn releases site obsessively all day, and I noticed that Shadow of a Man is now up there! Can I tell the future or what? The week belongs to Free Spirit! Rejoice!
    edited August 2011
    Several songs, added, I will edit the OP in a bid, but they are:
    Free Spirit - Shadow of a Man (160MSP)
    Psyguy - Wha-Chow Theme (Feat. ShadyVox) (80MSP)
    Morgawr - Dawn (Blood Saga I)/Through the Maelström (80MSP)
    edited August 2011
    atalkingfish;4466728 said:
    Several songs, added, I will edit the OP in a bid, but they are:
    Free Spirit - Shadow of a Man (160MSP)
    Psyguy - Wha-Chow Theme (Feat. ShadyVox) (80MSP)
    Morgawr - Dawn (Blood Saga I)/Through the Maelström (80MSP)

It looks like the links messed up when updating; the crossed out duplicates actually lead to Devil's Boulevard and PON DE FIOR. But yeah, all those songs are currently out.