RBNStuff.com - A Rock Band Network Resource

atalkingfishatalkingfish Opening Act
edited November 2011 in The Rock Band Network
I made this site to help people who are interested in the Rock Band Network. If you're like me, you want to find new music through the RBN, but you don't want to follow a million twitter accounts and stuff like that. With this website, all the authoring groups (even the tiny ones) can have their news easily accessible.

If you are a Rock Band Network customer, feel free to check it out. I have a section for songs, news, and companies. Every once in a while, a new song will be featured. Little gimmicky things like that. If you have a twitter, you can follow me at twitter.com/RBNStuff for occasional updates.

If you are an Authoring Company who is not yet involved, feel free to message me on here for details.

Anyways, I'd like to know what I can do to make this site better. Suggestions and criticism are welcome.

Comments

• edited August 2011
    The site is cool but the Twitter feed is kind of a pain in the eyes. Maybe make the hyperlinks a different color.
  • atalkingfishatalkingfish Opening Act
    edited August 2011
    MagicMurderBag7;4467606 said:
    The site is cool but the Twitter feed is kind of a pain in the eyes. Maybe make the hyperlinks a different color.

Possibly a darker color? Like the color of the links around the site? (greyish)
  • edited August 2011
    Yes that would be better
    edited August 2011
    MagicMurderBag7;4467623 said:
    Yes that would be better

K, I got it.

I made the twitter thing when the site had ALL links as white, so I guess I didn't change it when I changed the link color throughout the site.
  • TubaDude49TubaDude49 Road Warrior
    edited August 2011
  • TubaDude49TubaDude49 Road Warrior
    edited August 2011
    It's "ThatAuthoringGroup", not "ThatAuthoringCompany"
    edited August 2011
    TubaDude49;4467943 said:
    It's "ThatAuthoringGroup", not "ThatAuthoringCompany"

Grr, I friggin always make that mistake. Gotta remember TAG, TAG, TAG. I assume that's on...... the upcoming songs page? *goes to check*

EDIT: We're good to go
  • U2111U2U2111U2 Unsigned
    edited August 2011
    This site looks great! I like the organized fashion of the whole site. I've already bought two songs I would not have previously known because of it.

Thanks for doing it!
    edited August 2011
    U2111U2;4468246 said:
    This site looks great! I like the organized fashion of the whole site. I've already bought two songs I would not have previously known because of it.

Thanks for doing it!

That's great to hear! It's still in progress as I am slowly getting Authoring Companies involved. As they get involved, I have to slightly adjust the site and such. Stuff like that.
  • FairwoodStudiosFairwoodStudios Road Warrior
    edited August 2011
    For the record, I do have your email, I have a few technical notes I want to offer that should ease up management of the site, I'll send them over when I have time.
    edited August 2011
    FairwoodStudios;4468377 said:
    For the record, I do have your email, I have a few technical notes I want to offer that should ease up management of the site, I'll send them over when I have time.

Sooner's better than later, I am effectively constantly working on finishing up the little touches of this site. I assume technical notes will be more greatly appreciated if they are given before I am done.
    edited August 2011
    So Authoring Companies are steadily starting to come in, so the website is officially "rolling"

I will post website related news on here and on twitter (twitter.com/RBNStuff)

This will include important news from Authoring Companies, various contests, and info on our "Featured Song" (which changes every week or two)
  • pmpboarderpmpboarder Road Warrior
    edited August 2011
    Nice site. It's always cool to see RBN stuff come together. This has potential to be a very helpful resource, saving precious time which could be spent playing more RBN songs!
    atalkingfish;4469650 said:
    (which changes every week or two...

...or ten, if the songs include themes such as: cheese, pop and outer space.)
    edited August 2011
    pmpboarder;4470020 said:
    Nice site. It's always cool to see RBN stuff come together. This has potential to be a very helpful resource, saving precious time which could be spent playing more RBN songs!

...or ten, if the songs include themes such as: cheese, pop and outer space.)

I'm not 100% what you mean by that, but I think I get the jist.

In reality, though, I am still working on doing something with our current featured song ("Ship With No Sails" by NeonFly) and I'm setting up what will be the upcoming featured song. I dunno when that will be, but it depends on how things go.
  • edited August 2011
    I noticed your missing the Graveyard BBQ contest on your contest page. Also Ozone was doing some sort of contest for his mash-up but i'm not sure if thats still going on.
    edited August 2011
    MagicMurderBag7;4470451 said:
    I noticed your missing the Graveyard BBQ contest on your contest page. Also Ozone was doing some sort of contest for his mash-up but i'm not sure if thats still going on.

Yeah, that's a combination of a few things. Neither Ozone nor RockGamer have gotten totally involved, so they never notified me of the contests beforehand.

Now, on the other hand, that does not mean that contests done through Authoring Companies who aren't involved with RBNStuff won't be on the site, it's just I've been busy and sticking to finishing up in-site stuff and news/contests for authoring companies that have emailed me directly.
    edited November 2011
    I'm bringing this thread back for general updates on the site.

I did something cool that I hope you guys get good use out of. Basically, if you go to a song's page (by clicking on the song's title), you can rate individual instrument playability/enjoyability. For example, if you though rainbowdragoneyes' new song was super fun on keys, you can just head over there and give it a 4 or 5 on the pulldown menu for keys.

As per the rest of the site, there are no negative ratings, so if you didn't like an instruments playability, the rating can be left at "no rating" and no effect will be taken on the song's/instrument's rating.

Once votes start getting cast, I'll add another little area on the front page underneath "latest hits" for the highest rated songs of each instrument (you will be able to choose which instrument it will show songs for).

This way, if you are one who plays a specific instrument, you can see what songs are being rated the highest for that instruments playability.
    edited November 2011
    As you can see, I integrated the instrument rating system with the "latest hits" section of the main page. By default, it will be set to the general rating, as before, but now you can see the latest hits for each instrument!