DLC Week of 8/9 Discussion - Def Leppard 6 Pack w/ Pro Upgrades for Every Track!

Comments

• rockfresh126rockfresh126 Road Warrior
    edited August 2011
    GNFfhqwhgads;4468904 said:
    I'd tell you to cry more, but it seems you've beaten me to the punch.

Granted the authoring is probably easy this week...these guys are the Nickelback of the 80s
  • TheHundredDollarHeadacheTheHundredDollarHeadache Pedantic Broken Record
    edited August 2011
    Jglaubman;4468852 said:
    I agree. That is definitely all you can say.
    Okay, you can lay off the snarking at me. We all get it, I'm the dumbest guy on these forums.
    rockfresh126;4468905 said:
    Granted the authoring is probably easy this week...these guys are the Nickelback of the 80s
    I thought Bon Jovi was the Nickelback of the 80s.
  • GNFfhqwhgadsGNFfhqwhgads 99% Washed Up
    edited August 2011
    TheHundredDollarHeadache;4468906 said:
    Okay, you can lay off the snarking at me. We all get it, I'm the dumbest guy on these forums.
    Oh no, not the dumbest. There's plenty of Unsigned A7X fans clamoring for that position. You're just the most repetitive.
    edited August 2011
    GNFfhqwhgads;4468908 said:
    Oh no, not the dumbest. There's plenty of Unsigned A7X fans clamoring for that position. You're just the most repetitive.
    Thanks for clearing that up. I'm just uncreative, not dumb.

Give the "Classic Rock sucks, more modern rock plz" folks enough time, and maybe I might have some competition.
  • SeymourDuncan17SeymourDuncan17 Road Warrior
    edited August 2011
    TheHundredDollarHeadache;4468906 said:
    I thought Bon Jovi was the Nickelback of the 80s.

Oh god this. Thank you. Calling these guys the "Nickelback of the 80's" is just straight trollin'.
  • cmdrxymcmdrxym Unsigned
    edited August 2011
    rockfresh126;4468905 said:

Def Leppard > Nickelback x1,000,000
  • HeyRilesHeyRiles Besse's Girl
    edited August 2011
    Speaking of classic rock sucking and the need for more modern rock, classic rock sucks and we need more modern rock
  • SeymourDuncan17SeymourDuncan17 Road Warrior
    edited August 2011
    HeyRiles;4468916 said:
    Speaking of classic rock sucking and the need for more modern rock, classic rock sucks and we need more modern rock

Keep that mouth of your's sewed tightly to that sandwich.
    edited August 2011
    HeyRiles;4468916 said:

Classic rock doesn't suck, and in fact there's a lot of modern bands that suck (I spin their music for a living on an alt-rock station). I just can't stand the straight 80s cheese of Def Leppard and didn't see them worthy of having all their songs get upgrades. Rock of Ages and maybe one other...perhaps. Photograph? Hell no.
  • dog037dog037 This Many Days Since Last Ban:
    edited August 2011
    What the hell are you people talking about? Bon Jovi and Def Leppard sound nothing like Nickelback.
    edited August 2011
    rockfresh126;4468919 said:
    Classic rock doesn't suck, and in fact there's a lot of modern bands that suck
    Whooooooooosh.
  • red_dragon_05red_dragon_05 Unsigned
    edited August 2011
    So I take it no one listened to the HMX podcast where they stated that roughly 2/3rd's of all songs on the platform were released after 2000? We definitely do NOT need more modern rock.
    edited August 2011
    dog037;4468920 said:
    What the hell are you people talking about? Bon Jovi and Def Leppard sound nothing like Nickelback.
    I didn't make the original comparison, I heard it somewhere else, but I think it's because Bon Jovi and Nickelback were the poster boys of mainstream hard rock of their respective eras, and both (I'm not too sure on the former) received quite a bit of backlash.
    edited August 2011
    red_dragon_05;4468924 said:
    So I take it no one listened to the HMX podcast where they stated that roughly 2/3rd's of all songs on the platform were released after 2000?
    Everyone here knows that. Hell, Salvatoris' avatar is the pyramid distribution of genres, and there's something like yearly articles on RBA about it.
    We definitely do NOT need more modern rock.
    Sure, we do, we've still got NO Coldplay or The Fray, and we're only one song into Angels & Airwaves.
    edited August 2011
    My bad, I just a get little frustrated when everyone disses classic rock for seemingly no good reason. I am definitely with you on the lack of Coldplay, though.
    edited August 2011
    red_dragon_05;4468930 said:
    My bad, I just a get little frustrated when everyone disses classic rock for seemingly no good reason.
    You'll notice HeyRiles' title is 'Old Person'. It's a joke.
    edited August 2011
    Well, that went over my head. Wow maybe I should actually look at who's posting when I'm scrolling through responses. D:
    edited August 2011
    TheHundredDollarHeadache;4468925 said:
    I didn't make the original comparison, I heard it somewhere else, but I think it's because Bon Jovi and Nickelback were the poster boys of mainstream hard rock of their respective eras, and both (I'm not too sure on the former) received quite a bit of backlash.

I made that comparison. No I didn't involve Bon Jovi, because at the very least, there's some talented musicians in the band. I made the comparison, because much like Nickelback, half of Def Leppard's hits sound exactly the same
  • libregkdlibregkd Rising Star
    edited August 2011
    rockfresh126;4468935 said:
    I made that comparison. No I didn't involve Bon Jovi, because at the very least, there's some talented musicians in the band. I made the comparison, because much like Nickelback, half of Def Leppard's hits sound exactly the same
    He obviously wasn't talking about your comparison.

Decent week and probably picking up the whole pack. Does makes me want some better Hair Metal bands though.
  • Alvarado6411Alvarado6411 Dethbringer
    edited August 2011
    Well looks like this only confirms that the 'Hysteria' masters are lost/unusable. GH didn't get those original masters either back in the day.

Here's hoping we get more RB3 artists, I'm personally waiting for more Dire Straits >.<
  • Andy_FrenchAndy_French Opening Act
    edited August 2011
    red_dragon_05;4468898 said:
    There's definitely still quite a few songs from the GH series I'd like to see. American Pie, The Impression That I Get, Obstacle 1, just to name a few.
    Yes, yes and holy effin' damn and hell yes.
  • sillystousillystou Headliner
    edited August 2011
    Wow. Cool for Def Leppard fans. Not so cool for me. Oh well.
  • jeronemitchelljeronemitchell Road Warrior
    edited August 2011
    This is a great week as a whole, but I'm not feeling it checked out the tracks at RBA and was unimppresed. Huge get for the platform.
  • PheranPheran Opening Act
    edited August 2011
    I think I've died and gone to heaven. HELL YES!!!!!!

THANK YOU HARMONIX!

Now I have to update my signature. :cool:
  • PaperMario21PaperMario21 Road Warrior
    edited August 2011
    RockBandand24Fanatic;4468845 said:
    The two Live tracks sound pretty good, considering Hysteria's mastered are most likely damaged/missing, these live pick aren't a bad replacement.

Not at all.
    They are all there, perfectly usable.
    Hysteria was one of those crazy expensive albums to make, band had to sell few millions albums to break even.
    We didn't get studio tracks because of how expensive they must have been to license.
    edited August 2011
    PaperMario21;4468958 said:
    Not at all.
    They are all there, perfectly usable but they must have cost a lot so instead we got live tracks.
    Hysteria was one of those crazy expensive albums to make, band had to sell few millions albums to break even.
    We didn't get studio tracks because of how expensive they must have been to license.
    Wow, this post still smells like your ass. How, exactly, do you know all the stems are in working condition for Harmonix, and how, exactly, do you know they're more expensive than any other song in Def Leppard's catalog?
  • dog037dog037 This Many Days Since Last Ban:
    edited August 2011
    BruceDickinson;4468903 said:
    sublime! :)

Much agreement.
    edited August 2011
    rockfresh126;4468935 said:

Do you know what you're saying?
    They were one of the most successful bands of the 80's, they could play well (now can you say that about Nickelback?).
    Sure they've had some cheesy songs but bear in mind we're talking 80's here.
    I bet you didn't know their drummer had a terrible accident in which he lost his arm, can you believe it? (he had a custom built drumset to his specifications, one day band came to the studio and they saw Rick drumming to When the Levee Breaks by Led Zeppelin and they couldn't believe it their eyes, quite a story).
    That didn't stop them, they kept on going rocking out.
    edited August 2011
    GNFfhqwhgads;4468960 said:
    Wow, this post still smells like your ass. How, exactly, do you know all the stems are in working condition for Harmonix, and how, exactly, do you know they're more expensive than any other song in Def Leppard's catalog?

You are one filthy poster gnf, and I mean filled with filth, lack of manners whatsoever.
    How do I know that stems are usable and not lost?
    Do your homework and watch VH1 Classic Albums, they're using masters on camera on various tracks, raising/lowering volumes for each separate instrument.- that eliminates the speculating on "I bet masters got damaged/lost".
    Unless something happened to them since 2006 (that's when it was recorded), which i doubt, considering how valuable they are to the band and the rights owner.
    If you've heard how expensive this album became, it's easy to assume record label wanted more for Hysteria material in studio format.
    Next time try actually educate yourself on the subject before jumping to one of your mindless conclusions.
  • HeyRilesHeyRiles Besse's Girl
    edited August 2011
    PaperMario21;4468967 said:
    They were one of the most successful bands of the 80's

I er ah...very debatable. They had success, sure, but you shouldn't confuse it with most successful
    PaperMario21;4468976 said:
    If you've heard how expensive this album became, they probably did cost lot more to license than rest of their catalog in studio format.

Like, say, Chinese Democracy