RBN DLC Discussion: 8/4/2011 (Xbox), 8/9/2011 (PS3)

HMXLachesisHMXLachesis Harmonix Alum
edited August 2011 in The Rock Band Network
Xbox RBN Releases for Thursday, August 4

Classical
Thomas Walker - "Gymnop

Comments

• TheOzoneTheOzone Road Warrior
    edited August 2011
    Be sure to get your free mp3 of "American Hero vs. Done", a mashup of "American Hero" by Ron Wasserman and "Done" by The Giraffes - both of which are already available on the RBN!

http://ozoneent.com/e3/AmHeroDone.mp3
  • PankrazzoPankrazzo Road Warrior
    edited August 2011
    Only the classical song for me, meh.
  • Deeznutzs27Deeznutzs27 Road Warrior
    edited August 2011
    Yay for Emery.. Although the other one is a bit better but any Emery in my book is good.
  • DangimarockerDangimarocker Headliner
    edited August 2011
    Much better than all metal weeks (ps3)... Glad we are getting multiple genres now... not 4 metal songs a week.
    I like Magnus too.. didn't think i would but it's interesting.
  • Tykki-TemeTykki-Teme Road Warrior
    edited August 2011
    Nonpoint songs for PS3. And great, two more Free Spirit tracks for HMX to port over.

And Harmonix, make sure Sony releases this week's missing PS3 RBN tracks along with the next week's update :)
  • SeymourDuncan17SeymourDuncan17 Road Warrior
    edited August 2011
    Grr. I only got Moonlight Ride, Cluster #2 and The Cheval Glass. Weakest week for me in a long LONG time.

And I'd be interested in hearing how many end up buying that American Hero/Done collab. To be frank, I've been thinking this whole time "Umm..... just who would buy this? Especially at 2 bucks and for those already have either of the two.".
  • PankrazzoPankrazzo Road Warrior
    edited August 2011
    SeymourDuncan17;4468557 said:
    To be frank, I've been thinking this whole time "Umm..... just who would buy this? Especially at 2 bucks and for those already have either of the two.".
    These are exactly my thoughts as well, and same goes for the Free Spirit tracks in my opinion. I'd buy them all for 80msp, but if authors charge full price for no name artists and all songs even sound pretty similar, then I'll get picky and buy none.
  • TheOzoneTheOzone Road Warrior
    edited August 2011
    The whole Robin Skouteris VS Ozone project is an experiment. I want give fans of Ozone Entertainment releases an option to fuse some of their favorites together for a new challenge and fun listening experience. If you're not a fan, I totally understand. I'm just trying to be creative and do something new with the platform.

As for the 160 MS Point price point, this is due to licensing being very complicated. Artists like to be protective with their music, and if you're going to create an official remix/mashup, you gotta get their approval of how their song is used as well as re-negotiate the licensing of the masters alongside the new masters created for the new song. Sorry, but it was out of my hands.
  • LunaticSoulLunaticSoul Rising Star
    edited August 2011
    Mmh, not buying anything..
  • SeymourDuncan17SeymourDuncan17 Road Warrior
    edited August 2011
    Pankrazzo;4468567 said:
    These are exactly my thoughts as well, and same goes for the Free Spirit tracks in my opinion. I'd buy them all for 80msp, but if authors charge full price for no name artists and all songs even sound pretty similar, then I'll get picky and buy none.

Not sure about the whole songs, but the chorus for Until the Night sounds literally the exact same as Shadow of a Man. I mean, at least span out cookie cutter choruses across something more broader than the same album.
  • PowerGamer990PowerGamer990 Opening Act
    edited August 2011
    I'd pay 240 MSP for Free Spirit songs if RGS charged that much for them, no questions asked. I can't wait to have the whole Pale Sister of Light album on Rock Band. I've listened to it in my car way too many times to count. I'll just be getting "Shadow of a Man" and "Moonlight Ride" this week. Which is good, because I have a feeling the RB3 versions of the first 3 tracks will be coming soon, and I need to conserve points.
  • DragoonXDDragoonXD Road Warrior
    edited August 2011
    I think the lack of metal recently is actually making me lose interest in RBN. That or the fact there is never any pop music.
  • Lord_PorkswordLord_Porksword Unsigned
    edited August 2011
    Still no 'Pray for Plagues' for tha PS3... :(
  • Lord_MhoramLord_Mhoram Road Warrior
    edited August 2011
    Small week for me. Just the Free Spirit songs and the Satie. Too many songs with vocal styles I just don't like this time around.
  • jakeellis01jakeellis01 Opening Act
    edited August 2011
    Tykki-Teme;4468543 said:
    And Harmonix, make sure Sony releases this week's missing PS3 RBN tracks along with the next week's update :)

seems its bad news from sony eu blog here:
    http://blog.eu.playstation.com/2011/08/10/heads-up-game-store-and-playstation-plus-update-10th-august-2011/

HMX: any update on the 3 missing RBN songs from the EU Store last week?
  • HMXLachesisHMXLachesis Harmonix Alum
    edited August 2011
    jakeellis01;4473428 said:
    HMX: any update on the 3 missing RBN songs from the EU Store last week?

We're working with Sony to get them out as quickly as possible, but they won't be out this week. I regret the delay.
  • jakeellis01jakeellis01 Opening Act
    edited August 2011
    HMXLachesis;4473460 said:
    We're working with Sony to get them out as quickly as possible, but they won't be out this week. I regret the delay.

thanks for the update

we appreciate