Graveyard BBQ "GRILL EM ALL Guitar Battle" CONTEST!!! WIN tons of cool PRIZES!

DIRTCOREDIRTCORE Unsigned
edited August 2011 in The Rock Band Network
HAILZ to The BBQ NATION!!!
Are you the raw rippinest, shreddinest, most swaggerous member of the BBQ Nation? Want to win tons of cool GRAVEYARD BBQ swag (signed CD, shirt, BBQ apron), 1600 MS Points to use in the Rockband Network Store, AND... a personal Skype guitar lesson with the King of Sling himself, BROWNBAG JOHNSON?

All this can be yours if you score the #1 spot on the guitar leaderboard for the GRILL 'EM ALL Battle. You must POST yer scores on GRAVEYARD BBQ's Facebook Page to WIN.
http://www.facebook.com/pages/GRAVEYARD-BBQ/305145970852

The Songlist includes: the un-holy hellraisin' hit song from the very 1st GUITAR HERO... "Cheat on the Church", along with other Epic BBQ Rippers.... "Creamskull Boogie", "Ride the Stache", The Clothes That Makes The Man", "BBQ NATION", and "BY THE GRACE OF THE GRILL"

ALL HAIL THE NATION! "IF YOU AIN'T WITH US, YER AGAINST US"

click the link below to enter the Battle for dominance of The BBQ NATION!.....
http://www.rockband.com/battles/grill-em-all-guitar-battle/view

Comments

• RockGamerRockGamer Opening Act
    edited August 2011
    UPDATE:

Random Winners!
    Not skilled enough with a plastic guitar to take the top prize? No worries, we got you covered too. Five (5) random participants will be chosen from the leaderboard at the end of the battle to receive 960 MS Points each, good enough for six Rock Band tracks at 160MSP!
  • pmpboarderpmpboarder Road Warrior
    edited August 2011
    RockGamer;4469915 said:
    UPDATE:

Random Winners!
    Not skilled enough with a plastic guitar to take the top prize? No worries, we got you covered too. Five (5) random participants will be chosen from the leaderboard at the end of the battle to receive 960 MS Points each, good enough for six Rock Band tracks at 160MSP!

THAT, ladies and gentlemen and other confused individuals, is how it's done. Skill AND luck of the draw. GG, RG.
  • PeridotWeaponPeridotWeapon Opening Act
    edited August 2011
    RockGamer;4469915 said:
    UPDATE:

Random Winners!
    Cool. Given my complete lack of plastic guitar skills, I wasn't going to bother - but now I have a chance of winning even though my combined score across all six songs will probably be something like 200K. The only thing I stand to lose is my pride when I end up in last place. :D

I'd have made first/second/third prizes (1,600 + swag, 1200, 800), and several smaller (400?) point prizes to increase the competition, but that's just me.

Is there a particular part on the Facebook page we should post our scores, or does it matter?
  • jibjqrkljibjqrkl Eventually Perceptive
    edited August 2011
    Look at me being the super sexy rank 1 right now :D
  • ExayleExayle Road Warrior
    edited August 2011
    The kicker is that - according to the last time I checked the leaderboards - you haven't even FC'd all six songs. I unfortunately don't have the time [or care factor] to path out and squeeze all the tracks... so props to your paths. Unless a random Scorehero junkie catches whiff of this thread, I think you're in the clear for first place. Congrats.
    edited August 2011
    so you're not gonna try anymore? that would be great because im checking the leaderboards every 5 minutes now ^_^ i think i got -1 on by the grace of the grill outside of the solo and -1 outside the solo on creamskull boogie but i'm rank 1 on 3 of the songs (can't get the good path for cheat on the church)
  • ExayleExayle Road Warrior
    edited August 2011
    jibjqrkl;4472242 said:
    so you're not gonna try anymore?
    Probably not. It'd be cool to win one of the random five MSP giveaways. But I'd rather do something productive [or at least play other songs with friends] instead of slaving away at the same tracks... again and again. Don't get me wrong; it'd be cool to win a pseudo-tournament and own a title of sorts. But the stakes just aren't high enough for me, personally. I confess that I have no use for a Graveyard BBQ shirt or apron - I'd like to see them go to someone who'd appreciate them more. I entered the battle because I thought it'd be fun. And it was. Not only did it force me to pick up a few RBN tracks I had been putting off, but it also gave me motivation to (finally) go for a couple of FCs I've been procrastinating on.
    DIRTCORE said:
    Are you the raw rippinest, shreddinest, most swaggerous member of the BBQ Nation?
    Seeing as I was the first [and so far only] person to full combo the battle in its entirety, I would like to rightfully claim the Raw Rippinest and Shreddinest titles. I feel like you're entitled to Most Swaggerous and Squeeziest, if you'd like.
    edited August 2011
    I do have to say that this was the first time in about 1,5 years that i actually had fun trying to get the highest score in this game, stopped going for those a long time ago :) Probably because the scores were really close on this. and of course because the songs are the best ever!!
    edited August 2011
    and yes you should get that title ;)
    edited August 2011
    someone just took you're 2nd place by the way :P
    edited August 2011